Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2022, 03:02   #5686
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiven2207 View Post
Got this error code, twice in the last two weeks. The manual says that I should take the car to the nearest service centre. But as soon as I restart the vehicle, the error goes away. Any suggestions? Has anyone else faced this issue?

Attachment 2313902
Yes, I got this Hill hold control error. During my city commute I was getting a faint strange noise. I dismissed first, thinking it’s my imagination. But then I observed the dashboard and saw this alert. I parked the vehicle on skirting and turned it off. When I restarted both the alert and the faint noise were gone. Since I was in a hurry I resumed my journey without going to service centre

On another occasion, I believe I heard the same noise without the alert. Again switching off and switching on resolved.

Planning to take the vehicle to service station. Glad you mentioned this, I thought I was the only one getting this alert.

Has anyone else experienced this alert?

Last edited by p_darshi : 4th June 2022 at 03:17. Reason: Added specifics
p_darshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 09:57   #5687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_darshi View Post
Yes, I got this Hill hold control error.
Has anyone else experienced this alert?
I have gotten this error a few times now but didn't notice the noise. In my case, the error shows up along with the following symptoms. First, when you open any of the doors when the vehicle is off, there will be a loud to thud from speakers. After that, when you switch on the vehicle, both MID and infotainment systems starts slow taking several seconds. In couple of occasions, I also got a message mentioning 'Do not switch off, an update is in progress'. The MID would also be displaying trip info irrespective of what you had as the last/favorite screen. HHC warning will now be showing up. Always, switching off and on the vehicle again in a few seconds clear the warning.

My guess from these symptoms is that the MID and the infotainment system are always kept on a standby mode to ensure it starts up instantly when you start the car. I think these issues are happening when they lose that power or a restart happens. This issue had happened once in front of an ASC technician and they treated it as a known niggle!

Last edited by impala : 4th June 2022 at 09:58.
impala is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 00:52   #5688
BHPian

Finally got a call from Mahindra and the dealer that my XUV 7OO AX7 D MT has been allocated and the build has started. Dealer says he got the chassis and the engine numbers and it will take another 15-20 days for transportation, registration and delivery.

I have booked on 7th and I am planning to go for company lease option, so the dealer has asked to send an email with my company I’d card and other details so he can transfer the booking from my name to the company’s name. Appreciate Mahindra on this process as it will prevent unauthorised booking transfers.

Coming to the accessories planned:

1. Official Side footsteps - To ease ingress and egress for my parents and also read somewhere that it may help to protect from minor dings in heavy traffic. I’m still sceptical on the protection part, folks please share insights.

2. Car cover - Thinking to buy the one official one but ready to consider cheaper/better alternatives.

3. 7D mats - Please recommend a good product and where to buy. Online or Bengaluru.

4. Dashcam - I found an interesting option which can potentially solve the auto dimming IRVM issue.

https://www.amazon.in/Mola-E3-Rearvi...s%2C652&sr=1-3

Similar options available from multiple brands, if any one is using mirror dashcam please share your thoughts if it can act as auto IRVM.

5. ORVM Logo Projector/Puddle lamps - Helpful in dark places. Maybe useful to find the door handles as well? I doubt though!

6. Scuff plates and metal pedals - Just for aesthetic purpose.

Please suggest any other useful and important accessories.

Will keep you all posted with the updates! Can’t wait to experience the 7OO!

Last edited by RachhaMan10 : 5th June 2022 at 00:54.
Old 5th June 2022, 01:12   #5689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
Finally got a call from Mahindra and the dealer that my XUV 7OO AX7 D MT has been allocated and the build has started. Dealer says he got the chassis and the engine numbers and it will take another 15-20 days for transportation, registration and delivery.
I dont think side steps will save since the reach of bike handle is much more than the width of side steps.

Autofoam ir coorzo brands are good.

Last edited by ampere : 6th June 2022 at 06:25. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 5th June 2022, 14:38   #5690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post
I dont think side steps will save since the reach of bike handle is much more than the width of side steps.
Technically,yes. But the sidesteps do keep bikers away from the car compared to the cars with no side steps. They maintain a healthy distance.

Problem with the side steps is the loss of ground clearance. Every time I park the car in our parking which is elevated from the road level, the side steps gets hit a little. It wasnt the case when i didnt have them
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 15:09   #5691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
Technically,yes. But the sidesteps do keep bikers away from the car compared to the cars with no side steps. They maintain a healthy distance.

Problem with the side steps is the loss of ground clearance. Every time I park the car in our parking which is elevated from the road level, the side steps gets hit a little. It wasnt the case when i didnt have them
Yes,there is loss of ground clearance.please check if retractable side steps are available.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 16:10   #5692
BHPian

I have a quick query, anyone who has reveived dwlivery without the 2nd key fob and the sequential indicator, have they started getting them from Mahindra
Old 5th June 2022, 19:54   #5693
BHPian

Currently I am on a longest road trip that I have done till date i.e. Mumbai to Ladakh. I am doing the entire circuit (Going up the Srinagar way and coming back the Manali way).

Today morning I crossed Khardungla in my XUV 700 AX7 Diesel with ease. I did not notice any such heavy thudding that a particular vlogger has shown. Roads after Khardungla is in a very bad state.

I just had one incident when I hit a speed breaker at around 40kmph (no stripes on the speed breaker whatsoever) when I heard a loud thud as if something has broken, but nothing noticeable after that. The car has been performing absolutely fantastic (fingers crossed).

I have driven SWIFT and CIAZ and also drive HONDA City apart from XUV 700 and do not find the XUV 700's suspension sound to be anything unusual.
bill1182 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 20:18   #5694

Anyone on this forum who received their car without second key and rear sequential indicators and got them later on ? How long did it take ? Will the dealer receive the indicator part and then I get them installed at service center ?

Thanks!
Picard Jean-Luc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 21:07   #5695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
Do you have Mahindra genuine side steps installed or after market ones? Side steps from Mahindra are costly, but they are very sleek. After market ones although cheaper, take away a considerable amount of GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post
Yes,there is loss of ground clearance.please check if retractable side steps are available.
A couple of powered retractable side steps I’ve seen so far for XUV700 take away even more ground clearance (to fit in the necessary motors and electronics) and cost upwards of 80k. From my brief research, Mahindra’s side steps are the best right now.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 5th June 2022 at 21:12.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 21:33   #5696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Do you have Mahindra genuine side steps installed or after market ones? Side steps from Mahindra are costly, but they are very sleek. After market ones although cheaper, take away a considerable amount of GC.

A couple of powered retractable side steps I’ve seen so far for XUV700 take away even more ground clearance (to fit in the necessary motors and electronics) and cost upwards of 80k. From my brief research, Mahindra’s side steps are the best right now.
Yes,I have installed genuine mahindra side steps sent they eat away just 8-10mm of ground clearance.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 01:06   #5697
BHPian

Some updates:

- Crossed 1000km and due for 1st service now and happy to report I haven’t faced some of the major issues with initial lot. No suspension noise and no display glitches. The car is April 2022 manufactured and came with the android auto update pre-installed.

- Did Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai today. Got mileage of 14.5km/l with the D AT. Whole drive was below 100kmph thanks to speed-cams everywhere along the route.

- A good 70%+ of expressway was travelled exclusively on adaptive cruise control. It really does add to the comfort in long journeys and reduces fatigue.

- But alls not well, faced my first niggle today — all of sudden while coming back from Pune, the car lost eSIM network at around 6pm, its 6 hours since and the network is still gone. No in-built user accessible way to diagnose the issue. No eSIM network means none of the connected car features work.

I’ll be taking the car for the first service this week and hopefully they’ll resolve this network issue.
Tanmay007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 07:10   #5698
BHPian

Quote:

1. Official Side footsteps - To ease ingress and egress for my parents and also read somewhere that it may help to protect from minor dings in heavy traffic. I’m still sceptical on the protection part, folks please share insights.

Please suggest any other useful and important accessories.
Ground clearance is not a problem with footstep as per a colleague who recently got it done. Secondly see if the leasing company can roll the cost of accessories in their rental amount, this will help you to save some tax
Old 6th June 2022, 10:52   #5699
BHPian

Quote:
Coming to the accessories planned:

I can comment on the side footsteps - These are super helpful with younger kids who cannot climb up without support. They are also helpful for shorter people or elder folks since it eases the strain on the knees.

I had an event the previous week where I misjudged a turn while getting out of the parking ramp in a MLPL. I ended up with a minor damage to the sidestep. If this would not have been there, I am sure I would have damaged my door for sure!
normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 11:09   #5700
BHPian

Anybody facing issue with manual door handles not closing occasionally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
I can comment on the side footsteps - These are super helpful with younger kids who cannot climb up without support. They are also helpful for shorter people or elder folks since it eases the strain on the knees.

I had an event the previous week where I misjudged a turn while getting out of the parking ramp in a MLPL. I ended up with a minor damage to the sidestep. If this would not have been there, I am sure I would have damaged my door for sure!
I think a grab handle would have helped a lot in ingress/egress from the car.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th June 2022 at 11:28. Reason: merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the 1st post.
Gaddibuddy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks