Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2022, 20:27   #5761
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
Happy to share that i received a call from the dealership today informing that my car has been billed!!! Seems the much awaited date is near To be fair to the dealership, viz Randhawa Motors Vikhroli, they got me to speak to the M&M regional ASM for me to voice my concerns over the constantly shifting CPD dates whereas people who had booked much later were receiving deliveries. While the ASM did promise his best, i guess i got a bit lucky. Now onto the happier bits:
- i now need to decide which accessory to add (if any). Any suggestions? Parents and in-laws are quite old and i was told the footrest helps the elderly quite a bit. Does the M&M original accessory make sense or after-market ones?
- Any feedback on the M&M mats or after-market ones are better?
- The insurance has upfront asked for an insurance quote which they will match happily. That was a nice gesture
- I maybe eligible for BH registration. Wondering if it is worth the effort (getting any forms signed by the co can be very time and effort-consuming)
- I gather from the previous posts that the screen protector is better bought from amazon etc? Would someone have the link handy?
- Hope to do a pdi next week at the Bhiwandi yard - anyone been there? Any suggestions on how to go about it? (I already have the PDI checklist) For now, the dealership does not seem too keen to allow me a visit, but i have insisted
Congrats on the new car. Hope you get your hands on the steering wheel soon.

- M&M does have footrests in the accessory list. But it is double the cost of after market footrests. But it is solidly built and suits the car better then the AM ones
-AM mats are equally good as the M&M ones
-The screen protectors now available in Amazon and Flipkart dont have the spacing for the Adrenox badge on the screen. Neither does the one sold by m&m. I bought it from flipkart in January with the slot for the badge. Let me check the brand and get back to you
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 10:36   #5762
BHPian

Quote:
Does the M&M original accessory make sense or after-market ones?
Get the original side step, it's very sleek and takes away minimal ground clearance. 3rd party ones are quite thick and you will end up sacrificing considerable GC.

Quote:
- Any feedback on the M&M mats or after-market ones are better?
Get after-market mats. Official mats are over-priced and quality isn't that great. Last I spoke with Kagu people they had 3D mats ready for the manual variant. If you want 7D then you can check out cozoo, autofurnish, topgear, etc.

Quote:
- I maybe eligible for BH registration. Wondering if it is worth the effort (getting any forms signed by the co can be very time and effort-consuming)
If you're eligible, go for it, you will save a considerable amount of upfront costs.

Quote:
- I gather from the previous posts that the screen protector is better bought from amazon etc?
Get the Mahindra official screen protector. It is matte finish and installs completely flush with the screen, it makes the dual screens appear as a single unit. Amazon one's have a cut-out which is unnecessary. The adrenox logo can be easily removed and put back.

Quote:
- For now, the dealership does not seem too keen to allow me a visit, but i have insisted
PDI is an absolute must. The standard PDI checklist posted here for XUV700 is very detailed and should be enough.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 17:31   #5763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
After the latest software update v8.01.41 done during my 1st service a few days back I faced the now common Hill Hold Error for the first time.
Posting this as a warning to users who might be thinking it is OK to drive the vehicle while the screen is coming back ON. I faced this issue again on Sunday after switching ON the vehicle after a refueling. As I parked the vehicle at the exit of the fuel station a few meters outside the highway waiting for the screen to come up, I tried to switch on the hazard lamp. It didn't switch on till the MID unit booted up! Not sure what else would not be working!
impala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 17:55   #5764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Every forum/ YouTube channel would tell you the Positives but only those who use these vehicles for long can tell you the actual situation.
Hope I am able to clear some air !!
Naveen, thanks for the observations. Yes, am still evaluating all options available. It is frustrating for a car that costs upwards of 20L doesn't have features that should be basic.
diwakarmuthu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 19:11   #5765
BHPian

Hello All, I have booked XUV 500 D AT 7 on 7-Oct. My delivery date is Aug/Sep 2022, but I got a call from Anant car in mid may that vehicle is assigned to my order. It took 20 days for vehicle to reach dealeryard. I have done PDI as per team bhp check list. Thanks to authors and this amzing forum. Insurance done, payments done. I am planning for TR.

Delivery date is unclear now, as sales rep is saying TR is not happending for the past 2 weeks. I am

Now that dealer registration systems are integrated with parivahan portal, this problem should be universal if at all this is true!!

Anyone has done TR recently in Bangalore? Any pointers to check this authenticity of information "TRs are not happening"?
Old 14th June 2022, 19:39   #5766
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
Naveen, thanks for the observations. Yes, am still evaluating all options available. It is frustrating for a car that costs upwards of 20L doesn't have features that should be basic.
For 20L, you can get the Harrier XT MT. It has all the necessary features, but the only problem is that it doesn't have a crash rating and the ergonomics of the MT model are all messed up.*
Old 14th June 2022, 22:37   #5767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Posting this as a warning to users who might be thinking it is OK to drive the vehicle while the screen is coming back ON. I faced this issue again on Sunday after switching ON the vehicle after a refueling. As I parked the vehicle at the exit of the fuel station a few meters outside the highway waiting for the screen to come up, I tried to switch on the hazard lamp. It didn't switch on till the MID unit booted up! Not sure what else would not be working!
Exactly same thing happened with me. Just after refueling, while starting the vehicle the screen went completely blank. I drove my car for few meters away from the station and stopped, but did not turn off. Post that the update msg started with a warning of not switching off the vehicle. After the update, the Hill Hold Control error came. I drove the car few miles with the error and stopped. After restart, the error went off. Till now it did not come again yet. Not sure if there is any causality of refuelling with the error msg, but an interesting coincidence.
MobilisAdvento is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 00:33   #5768
BHPian

Hi All,
I stay in Girinagar(Banashankari 3rd stage) in Bangalore. Which showroom would the gurus suggest here - Anant cars on mysore road or India Garage near lal bagh road?

I know i’ll probably end up waiting 2 years anyway for my preferred variant, but, wanted to know which if any of the two are more responsive.

Last edited by Abhiram : 15th June 2022 at 00:34.
Old 15th June 2022, 00:45   #5769
BHPian

XUV700 AWD AXL : 2.5 Months of Ownership, Completed 11K KMS with a quick Excursion of Srinagar-Leh-Manali Circuit .

Observations:

1. As obvious, FE at different stretch varied, however, the following FE was noted in tank fill method of measuring:

Name:  1.png
Views: 1083
Size:  7.0 KB

2. The road from Srinagar to Leh is butter-smooth now! The pitch-black tar with mesmerizing terrains gives goose bumps to the travelers!

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_4602.jpg

3. While the road from Leh to Pangong ,Khardung La and some other passes gives the opportunity to test the AWD/4x4 capabilities,it’s doable from any car of any drivetrain and size. If you keep looking for some off-road adventures, you will get a lot of them. A glimpse of some mild off roading opportunities in the video below:

4. I didn’t face any DPF clogging/warning, however I had to top up the AdBlue since the level was already showing 90% consumed at around 8500 KMS on ODO

5. No puncture till date! The OEM tyres (Bridgestone Ecopia) has provided decent grip in slush and slippery conditions. However, if the Indian market, in the near future, gets an AT tyre of the same profile (235/60 R18), I will opt for it.

6. At 10500 KMs, I got my 2nd servicing done. Costs around 3900 INR which include Engine oil, carbon filter, oil filter etc. replaced.

7. No rattling noise, no mechanical issues, and no electrical failure in the first 11000 KMS that I have completed. Keeping fingers crossed to reach much more milestones – niggle free! Embedding a slideshow of some of the pics of the car taken during this trip.

D_Security_Guy is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 08:18   #5770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiram View Post
Hi All,
I stay in Girinagar(Banashankari 3rd stage) in Bangalore. Which showroom would the gurus suggest here - Anant cars on mysore road or India Garage near lal bagh road?

I know i’ll probably end up waiting 2 years anyway for my preferred variant, but, wanted to know which if any of the two are more responsive.
Stay away from Anant Cars at all cost, saying it from personal experience with my XUV 700 booking.

Last edited by Sandegov : 15th June 2022 at 08:19. Reason: Typo
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 10:27   #5771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobilisAdvento View Post
Exactly same thing happened with me. Just after refueling, while starting the vehicle the screen went completely blank. I drove my car for few meters away from the station and stopped, but did not turn off. Post that the update msg started with a warning of not switching off the vehicle. After the update, the Hill Hold Control error came. I drove the car few miles with the error and stopped. After restart, the error went off. Till now it did not come again yet. Not sure if there is any causality of refuelling with the error msg, but an interesting coincidence.

Exact same thing happened to me twice while fueling. I took it to Mahindra service center where they have updated the software and assured that these issues will not happen again. Will check during my next refuel
rambharat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 11:46   #5772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
You can also look at Scorpio N for which bookings may open on 27th June.

I am seriously looking to book one. Waiting for more info. on the various models/features.
Manojah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 12:48   #5773
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

PPS Mahindra on Kanakpura road near the Vajarahalli Metro is a nearer option for you. I had my XUV700 delivered from here. Very good experience with them.Please note that this is (currently) only a showroom and they plan to have a service center nearby in the near future.

Thanks
suhasark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 18:46   #5774
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Personally faced no issues from Anant Cars till date. Bare in mind, my interaction with them has been extremely limited. I booked on Jan 3rd and waiting since then! From Girinagar, it is closest. I stay in RR Nagar.
GPJ_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 20:31   #5775
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have booked an XUV 700 AT AWD. I recently came across this story on Instagram from a former XUV700 owner. Has anyone else faced such issue as he reports in his car?

https://instagram.com/stories/vikas....d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
acquillew is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks