Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2022, 15:21   #5911
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Interesting feature showcased in the Scorpion-N advert. It supposedly links seat and rear view mirror position to user profile. This is something that’s not even possible on the XUV700 as of now.

I hope these features come to the 700 in an update as they sound fantastic. With the existing link user profile to fob feature, the car will automatically adjust everything like magic.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-599ebc2a036a42388b3905d882ec2042.jpeg

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 24th June 2022 at 15:23.
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 15:32   #5912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantmodi View Post
Anyone got delivery of AWD in last 1-2 months ? For me the expected delivery date was April . Dealer is telling that they have not received any AWD vehicles in last 2-3 months .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
There was a logistic related issue with some part/ assembly for the AWD facility and the part is imported from Germany. But on 21-06 my AWD has been billed and Sandegov's car has also been billed recently.

I suggest you send a mail to kharga(dot)asha(at)mahindra(dot)com. You should get immediate response within a day or two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr_yash View Post
I have also booked XUV700 AWD L on 8th Oct. My CPD was 3rd May. But there’s no update from dealer on when will the car be billed and delivered.

I tried my source and he informed after checking in the plant that the AWDs are lined up for assembly since long but are waiting for components to be available at Chakan plant.

Hoping to get the delivery as soon as possible as I am loosing patience now after being waiting for 7 months initially and 2 months post my expected delivery date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
I got my AWD delivered on 1st April. Not sure if production is impacted recently for AWD's but this was the case from the beginning as AWD needs more chips than the other variants
Adding in my details:
CPD - Apr 1st Week.
Allocation Date - June 22nd.
VIN - June manufactured vehicle.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 16:19   #5913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
I hope these features come to the 700 in an update as they sound fantastic. With the existing link user profile to fob feature, the car will automatically adjust everything like magic.
Honestly I am not finding any benefit in setting user profile in the XUV700 yet. I am not sure if its got to do with the s/w version which is still 7.xx.xxx. Whether guest or my my profile, the audio or the AC is not set as per my preferences. Not sure if its the version, or something else.

Do you find the user profile setting works in your case?

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 16:33   #5914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Do you find the user profile setting works in your case?!
It’s too much of an hassle to switch profiles manually and thanks to the chip shortage, I haven’t yet received the 2nd key. Until then the profile feature won’t be used much. I wish the profile switching also triggered on pressing the respective memory seat key.

That being said as of now the profile customization options aren’t much useful. I don’t even think the climate settings are linked to profile yet? This why seeing Scorpion-N’s profile screen has me excited.

For Mahindra folks reading this, please consider linking these features to user profiles:

- Instrument cluster layout
- Steering/center console favorite key mapping
- Alexa, calendar
- ADAS preference
- Drive mode preference
- Sunroof preference
- Memory seat
- Outside rear view mirror
- Drive data (kms/EcoSense)
- Profile auto-switching on pressing memory seat number

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 24th June 2022 at 16:55.
Old 24th June 2022, 16:51   #5915
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting feature showcased in the Scorpion-N advert. It supposedly links seat and rear view mirror position to user profile. This is something that’s not even possible on the XUV700 as of now.

Attachment 2324435
I think 700 already has this feature. Did you check this article?

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahind...h-checking-out
shifu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 16:58   #5916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I think 700 already has this feature. Did you check this article?

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/mahind...h-checking-out
Thanks! Indeed it seems even the XUV700 shows the same description but I have never seen it work for seat, mirror or even climate for that matter. I will test it out again next time I’m in the car.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 17:06   #5917
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Indeed it seems even the XUV700 shows the same description but I have never seen it work for seat, mirror or even climate for that matter. I will test it out again next time I’m in the car.
You need to save your user profile with the key fob. I know it works for seat/climate/etc. It definitely doesn't work for the mirror - neither ORVM nor IRVM. IRVM is anyway not motorized, so that won't work as a OTA update/upgrade.
shifu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 17:13   #5918
BHPian

Quote:
You need to save your user profile with the key fob.
Thanks for the confirmation. I haven’t linked profile to fob yet (as I have just 1 key) maybe that’s the reason. Good to know at least it’s working for the seat and climate. Don’t know when Mahindra will give the 2nd key, sucks to be missing out on a major comfort feature..
Old 24th June 2022, 18:24   #5919
BHPian

Quote:
You need to save your user profile with the key fob. I know it works for seat/climate/etc. It definitely doesn't work for the mirror - neither ORVM nor IRVM. IRVM is anyway not motorized, so that won't work as a OTA update/upgrade.
I have linked the profile to the FOB but it still does not work? I am on version 7.xx.xxx. Apart from the version is there anything else I am missing?

Cheers!
Old 24th June 2022, 19:41   #5920
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation. I haven’t linked profile to fob yet (as I have just 1 key) maybe that’s the reason. Good to know at least it’s working for the seat and climate. Don’t know when Mahindra will give the 2nd key, sucks to be missing out on a major comfort feature..
Sucks more to not have the car altogether
If delaying a couple of features will enable Mahindra to accelerate deliveries, then it's a sacrifice i would humbly request from owners, despite the obvious discomfort/annoyance! It is true that for the money you pay, you should get the whole package, but better late than never.
GPJ_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 19:53   #5921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
That very same Youtuber has owned xuv500 for 10 years and then he got the xuv700. Also his fortuner has met with accident and he is not ranting for fortuner.
First off, there are multiple posts on this very thread, from other people, who also question this youtuber. It's not just me. Several people have made various criticisms on the same guy. Not just that, he has made 4-5 videos saying the same things over and over. I find that excessive. He also complained so much about brake pads being worn out. Well, he did just drive through Ladakh, which is bound to cause heavy wear n tear on the brakes. We don't know all the circumstances. We only know what the youtuber decides to show the world.
Here's a list:

Quote:
Also many xuv700 owners are stating about xuv700 suspension is making noises on pothole road then all must not be stating false information. Every car has its own flaws so person is accepting the same then what is the problem.
Many owners will complain about something, and many won't. Did I say that NO car has that issue? No. I just shared my personal experience of driving the car myself, and first hand accounts from 4 of my colleagues with 4 different 700s. Are you saying that I am stating false information then?

This issue isn't necessarily binary, you know. Some vehicles may make some noise, some might not. It's a vehicle. It also depends heavily on the usage and running environment. How a person drives and through what kind of roads also has an impact on how the vehicle performs.

Quote:
why do you think he is unnecessarily abusing his xuv700.
If you read the above posts, you will see that in one of them, the youtuber in question mentions noticing some brake related issues while on his Ladakh trip. Twice if I'm not wrong. And yet his continued on instead of getting it back home and not risking it any further. Doesn't sound like a good decision to me.

That little smiley at the end doesn't change the tone of the post
Old 24th June 2022, 20:47   #5922
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2324435
This feature of linking user profile, seat and ORVM is available in the Mahindra Alturas. Same manufacturer, so, XUV also has the feature.
Old 24th June 2022, 23:01   #5923

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

I suggest you send a mail to kharga(dot)asha(at)mahindra(dot)com. You should get immediate response within a day or two.
Thanks for the suggestion ! I sent the email . Let's see if it helps . Will keep you guys posted
Old 25th June 2022, 07:24   #5924

Dear fellow BHPians

I had booked my XUV700 AX7 L AT in nov 2021 and have received a delivery date of July 2023.
I am getting an opportunity to buy a new XUV 700. Few folks / agents in Punjab who have got their delivery dates are selling their vehicle at a premium.
Here is the process they are proposing:
1. I pay them a token to book the vehicle
2. A day later person on whose name vehicle is booked will accompany me to the showroom and I will have to make the payment directly to the company
3. Alternative to this is that the agent who is involved will make the payment and I wil then pay that agent
4. On the basis on provisional RC, they will give me some papers and basis which final registration will be done in my name
5. Also bank from where I am taking the car loan will make the payment to the agent/person who had make the original booking.
5. I drive back the vehicle on the same day back home.
I wanted to take your guidance on what process should I follow here? Frankly speaking I am not very sure if the process they are proposing is a fool proof process and if i will risk my money.

Kindly help with your valuable inputs.
Old 25th June 2022, 10:49   #5925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitonwheels View Post
Frankly speaking I am not very sure if the process they are proposing is a fool proof process and if i will risk my money.
I think your hunch says it all. The whole scheme sounds a bit dodgy. And below are my reasons.
1. Firstly you’re from mumbai, trying to make a deal with folks in Punjab? Did I get that right?
2. From various posts and experiences from dealers, booking cannot be transferred to anyone else, other than a blood relative.
3. But I am sure some dealers must be engaged in some sort of activity where they favour certain clients on cancellation of a booking. Basically jumping the queue.
4. Did not know there is something called provisional RC. Will you be the first owner or the second? Because it sounds like its a possibility you would be the second owner. You should be prepared for that! Because there’s no turning back from this point.
5. What about PDI?
6. Is the dealer a reputed dealer? Known to you or through your references? Are they willing to give some sort of legal undertaking?
7. The premium many not be a big risk, but the rest of the amount is a huge risk in my opinion?

Wouldn’t you be better off working with your own dealer and compromising on say the colour of the vehicle to get it faster?

But its just my opinion! Don’t want to burst your bubble, but 25L+ is a lot of money to be risking?
Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed