Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2022, 23:00   #6076
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Looks like the Scorpio N has had the expected effect on XUV7OO bookings. Received a text from Mahindra stating that my car is set to enter production. I checked the tracking portal, and it is now showing an earlier delivery date of 30 August to 15 September 2022 (Earlier it was sometime in November 2022). Here’s to hoping it is somewhat accurate.
Old 10th July 2022, 00:23   #6077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVR View Post
I can only imagine how much more harassment the vehicle would take in the next 2 odd weeks by the time the finances & documents are arranged before delivery

Dealership in question: Sireesh Auto, Rajajinagar, Bangalore
VEHICLE SR NO-MAINE42T8N6F10862
ENGINE NO-ZTN4F54410
You definitely did the right thing . I would have done the same as well. But that said I had an opposite experience yesterday when we booked the car at Anant cars marathahalli. My wife wanted to see the AX7L model interiors and the only AX7L available was a customer car yet to be delivered . After a lot of requests the manager just opened the passenger side door and allowed to peep inside on the condition that we don't try to enter inside. The SA has promised to get the AX7L TD car again to my house specifically for my wife to check the interiors sometime next week.
ChetanM6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 00:40   #6078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I have the same phone. Although I am able to connect to Android Auto through cable, it's not connecting through wifi even after the phone is connected to the car's wifi. Have you been able to connect through wireless to Android auto? Mine is an AX5 diesel manual variant.
Mine is AX5 D AT 5 seater. Recently software was updated for both XUV and OnePlus. Initially I was able to connect via cable however after software update I can connect wirelessly. Try turning off power saving mode in your mobile which was the reason for not working for me for few days.
Old 10th July 2022, 08:04   #6079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
Looks like the Scorpio N has had the expected effect on XUV7OO bookings. Received a text from Mahindra stating that my car is set to enter production. I checked the tracking portal, and it is now showing an earlier delivery date of 30 August to 15 September 2022 (Earlier it was sometime in November 2022). Here’s to hoping it is somewhat accurate.
Hope this is true in your case but my experience was different. My delivery was originally scheduled for June, in early April the status on the portal changed (all set to go into production etc) with delivery projected in the next two weeks. Nothing of the sort happened, the date went by and the dealer had no explanation. All he could say was that your car hasn’t been billed yet and that the portal could be showing an incorrect status.

My car was finally billed in mid June and I got delivery in early July, almost 9 months from the date of booking.

Hope you get your car sooner than later
eagles_ts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 09:56   #6080
BHPian

BHPians,
While the Apple carplay has been "coming soon...", has anyone been able to use Apple carplay (Navigation by Google maps), using iphone cable?
If yes, can you pls share the procedure.
TIA
Old 10th July 2022, 10:00   #6081
BHPian

Test drove the AX7 L diesel automatic . Had to perform a homa to get hold of a test drive vehicle.

Now to the drive : I cannot put a finger on the what but was never comfortable driving it. There was constant side to side movement even on flat roads. And even though the power on tap was abundantly available , the surge was a bit hard to control. So wasn't comfortable there too. The 2nd row passengers felt that the alcazar seats were much more comfortable than the XUV seats.

I know ill get fried here for the comments but felt that the Alcazar was a better vehicle put together(though the crash rating doesnt reflect it). Whether its the features, the fit and finish, the engine NVH and even the much maligned Bose system in the Alcazar sounded better than the Sony one on XUV.

Also am sure the Alcazar D AT will give a better mileage than the XUV D AT considering the lighter build and smaller engine.
callmeneo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 10:18   #6082

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
Finally 9 months later my baby is here in our family. I booked my XUV 700 AX7L diesel automatic on 10 October. Just came home taking the delivery of the car.

Dealer experience wasn’t the best honestly. I was actually allotted a chassis number way back in January after that customer canceled. Even done the pdi of the vehicle and cleared the loan as well.
The day of delivery the showroom canceled the car as the customer came back. Couldn’t believe what was happening.
Congratulations ! How are you liking the silver Color. I have the same one. Though initially I was sceptical and for some reasons, had an impression that silver car gets dull earlier than cars of other colors, but I am somehow liking it. With more midnight black and white XUV700s on the road, silver also looks slightly rare

Last edited by Sheel : 10th July 2022 at 10:58. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 10th July 2022, 12:15   #6083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitonwheels View Post
Congratulations ! How are you liking the silver Color. With more midnight black and white XUV700s on the road, silver also looks slightly rare
I was never a fan of the midnight black XUV. I have the black XUV 500 2015 model and that looks really nice. But the blue tint is not my taste.

The reason to choose silver is my brother swapped his honda city (silver) for the xuv700. So silver goes silver comes

But yes the silver colour has a great presence and low maintenance.

Last edited by kushgandhi : 10th July 2022 at 12:16.
kushgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 20:27   #6084
BHPian

Dear BHPians

I am not sure if this has been asked and answered before.
Though I have seen happy owners of XUV 5OO on this forum,how do you think that, in comparison, XUV 7OO will age, given ample amount of electronics and dust on our roads? Asking as I am planning to keep mine for ten years at least.
Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 21:05   #6085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitonwheels View Post
With more midnight black and white XUV700s on the road, silver also looks slightly rare
Yes,I agree to that.Silver colour XUV700 is really a unicorn.I have not seen one on the road yet.
Old 11th July 2022, 00:07   #6086
BHPian

Wanted help /suggestions on 2 points

(1) Has anyone done door damping? Has external noise reduced further? Given cost is 10-12k is it worth, I'm thinking to do it to make the car ever more luxurious. I've heard that even Mercedes owners get it done on door and floor so that road noise is also negligible

(2) anyone installed Video ice screens on back of the seats? Was thinking if I should just install 2 cheaps tablets /ipads as video ice. Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 07:24   #6087

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I think a portable makes a lot of sense considering that a typical 2.5m-3m cable doesn't reach the front left tyre from the only 12V point in the boot. I had an earlier tyre pump and ended up getting an extension cord from MGA.

Any thoughts on reliability of these portable types as far as charge retention is concerned and keeping a 4000mAh lithium-ion battery in the boot while parking the car in hot sun? I never had to use my tyre pump in 5+ years of my previous car. I do not think the battery powered once are buy and forget!
Hello!
Can you pl confirm the extension cord for the 12v socket that you just mentioned? Have actually been thinking of buying it for quite some time now but wanted a first hand feedback. Saw a few options on Amazon too but was skeptical.

Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 08:45   #6088

Thank you for this post. I own a marazzo (m6+ 8 str) and I also feel that boot is much better and flatter in this with 3rd rows folded. I met an AX5 owner yesterday and he shared the same view (boot being smaller) but he described some unimaginable speed at which he drove ! Overall I decided to stay with Marazzo for the moment in terms of overall comfort/boot and AC

hoping there is some uplift planned for Marazzo in the future
Old 11th July 2022, 09:58   #6089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Wanted help /suggestions on 2 points

(1) Has anyone done door damping? Has external noise reduced further? G
Damping reduces road noise and also improves the audio quality by absorbing/diffusing the rear sound field of speakers within the doors. It is like room treatment in home theaters. Doors feel heavier and close with a Thud after damping.

Worth it in my view as it is a one time expense improving the in-car experience. It will cost you a lot more to get the floor damped along with the doors to reduce road noise.

I went for a significant audio upgrade in my XUV and it cost me around 15k for good quality 2 layer door damping. They also do 3 layer damping using a sound absorbing foam like material, but is even more expensive. I didn't go for floor damping as my focus was mainly to improve sound quality.
Mogs is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 10:00   #6090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post

(1) Has anyone done door damping? Has external noise reduced further? Given cost is 10-12k is it worth, I'm thinking to do it to make the car ever more luxurious. I've heard that even Mercedes owners get it done on door and floor so that road noise is also negligible
Yes. I have done damping on the doors. Definitely I can notice a marked difference in the noise level inside the cabin. Not only the external noises have been cut to a good extent but the vibrations that used to feel when I increase the volume of the music system has reduced too and the bass is more pronounced. I installed Dr Artex iridium sheets and they had to use 10 sheets to over all the doors.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks