Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2022, 19:09   #6136

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Has anybody installed the company provided sunshades costing 1800rs? I am a bit reluctant to buy as i have not experienced the quality and its only 4 pieces not 6. I am planning to install a sun protection film in the windows, so highly doubt whether those shades will be of any use.
Old 14th July 2022, 21:28   #6137
BHPian

Has anybody installed after market reverse parking camera? The camera offered by Mahindra is not a good option, low resolution and no dynamic guidelines. Balupunkt dh05 is good fit just besides number plate and has dynamic guidelines feature. But not sure if this works with xuv 700? Dynamic guidelines feature is realyzed by either HU super imposing and turning guidelines based on steering rotation sensing or camera itself super imposes guidelines receiving same steering rotation input. I guess this input comes from canbus interface. Anyone has a success with Blaupunkt dh05 model?
Podilam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 21:56   #6138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth32 View Post
Has anybody installed the company provided sunshades costing 1800rs? I am a bit reluctant to buy as i have not experienced the quality and its only 4 pieces not 6. I am planning to install a sun protection film in the windows, so highly doubt whether those shades will be of any use.
Would suggest to avoid it - the one provided by Mahendra are non magnetic and requires the holding bracket pieces to be glued onto the window frame, I stay away from accessories that require glueing/sticking to car body.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 00:43   #6139
BHPian

Even roof bar is not needed if you install mtek roof carrier. Easy to install and remove in 5 mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Roof carrier :-

The roof cross bars were installed at the Mahindra showroom
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1656036952635.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1656036914250.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1656036867068.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-fb_img_1656036858098.jpg  

niteshsharmab is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 13:31   #6140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth32 View Post
I bought it and it's a waste. Not good fit and finish.

Anybody bought luggage cover for 5 seater. I am thinking to buy from Mahindra but it's expensive.
Piyush_DT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 13:55   #6141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
I went for a significant audio upgrade in my XUV and it cost me around 15k for good quality 2 layer door damping. They also do 3 layer damping using a sound absorbing foam like material, but is even more expensive. I didn't go for floor damping as my focus was mainly to improve sound quality.

Hi, can you share details of what audio upgrade you got done? I have an AX7, which comes with 6 speakers, and from what I understand, the speakers can be changed, but the number of speakers cannot be increased; a woofer can be added.
Old 15th July 2022, 15:08   #6142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podilam View Post
Has anybody installed after market reverse parking camera? The camera offered by Mahindra is not a good option, low resolution and no dynamic guidelines. Balupunkt dh05 is good fit just besides number plate and has dynamic guidelines feature. But not sure if this works with xuv 700? Dynamic guidelines feature is realyzed by either HU super imposing and turning guidelines based on steering rotation sensing or camera itself super imposes guidelines receiving same steering rotation input. I guess this input comes from canbus interface. Anyone has a success with Blaupunkt dh05 model?
I have got Blaupunkt dh05 installed on my AX5 a couple of months back. I had it installed from the Mahindra dealer's accessory division in Mangalore.It has dynamic guidelines which change based on the steering direction change.It is better than the Mahindra one & is useful. Direct fitment near the registration plate and took around 1 hour to get it done.
suhasark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 16:46   #6143
RVR
BHPian

I was scheduled to do PDI of my vehicle tomorrow here in Bangalore. My SA called me just now to let me know that M&M has instructed dealership to strictly deny PDI at their stock yard. Reason: Someone from Team BHP took photos of the dirty vehicles in stock yard and uploaded in public forum.

Wanted to check with fellow BHPians here if anyone one else due for PDI also got a similar message from the dealership or is my SA taking me for a ride here?
Old 15th July 2022, 18:17   #6144

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVR View Post
I was scheduled to do PDI of my vehicle tomorrow here in Bangalore. My SA called me just now to let me know that M&M has instructed dealership to strictly deny PDI at their stock yard. Reason: Someone from Team BHP took photos of the dirty vehicles in stock yard and uploaded in public forum.

Wanted to check with fellow BHPians here if anyone one else due for PDI also got a similar message from the dealership or is my SA taking me for a ride here?
My SA called me up yesterday and told me that there is an open stock of AX7L D available (due to a cancellation). I told him I am ready to take it after doing a PDI. But the SA told me something similar, that only yesterday that they received an email from Mahindra management to not allow PDI at the stock yard.
I refused the vehicle as I couldn't do a PDI (especially for a open stock) and the one actually allotted to me is anyway expected next month.
The SA also told me that only for the open stock I am not allowed PDI, but I will be allowed for the one that is actually being allotted to me (weird though)
Old 15th July 2022, 18:21   #6145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhasark View Post
I have got Blaupunkt dh05 installed on my AX5 a couple of months back. I had it installed from the Mahindra dealer's accessory division in Mangalore.It has dynamic guidelines which change based on the steering direction change.It is better than the Mahindra one & is useful. Direct fitment near the registration plate and took around 1 hour to get it done.
Did you need to buy additional wiring harness from Mahindra to configure the camera? Or was is it a simple plug and play.
Old 15th July 2022, 18:49   #6146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishaan_999 View Post
Hi, can you share details of what audio upgrade you got done? ..
Hi,

I have a 5 seater AX5 and went for an audio upgrade. With the DSP, component speakers and dedicated sub, it sounds much clearer and provides a great soundstage which can be personalized through multiple settings. Significantly, I also get to use 3.5mm and Optical outputs from my Hi-res players, which make the BIGGEST difference in sound quality. No original wires were cut, so hopefully shouldn't impact the warranty.

There is a wired remote commander to handle amp/sub/source levels and select inputs. Vehicle alerts are not played if you select any source other than the head unit. I am a sedate driver and don't need it though, but know many friends who have spent 10's of thousands to just disable alerts in cars.

I got a 8 channel signal processor, Helix DSP.3s installed tapping the speaker out through a Mahindra specific ISO wiring harness. The DSP has 8 channel outputs, which can be individually configured.

I have used 4 channels powering one pair of Morel virtus 602 components for the front door in an active setup without using crossovers. A 4-channel Brazzo PA690 Amp power the 2 midranges and 2 tweeters independently.

2 channels are used for rear door Morel virtus 602 components. I reused the crossover from front components for a biamped setup with independent crossover for tweeters and midrange, using another 4 channel Brazzo PA660 amp.

Currently, I am using 2 channels for the subwoofer, connected to a Sony bass tube through a Class D micro amplifier Vibe 400.1

I plan to replace the Sony with dual Alpine subs moulded in the boot, in the near future.

The panels below the dash needs to be plied open for accessing the speaker wire harness and is not for the faint hearted. Component speakers with subwoofer powered through speaker level inputs should be a good enough upgrade compared to the default sound.

Apologies, couldnt post any photos am I am attending to someone in hospital. The overall cost with damping, moderate amps and speakers was close to 2 lakhs, no regrets! A bit of solace was that I had price protection for first day booking of XUV.

If you think this was expensive, please checkout the inspiring Baleno RS audio upgrade thread by ROG_AK.

My setup was very professionally done to my satisfaction over 3 days by Sukumar, Karthik and team at Autoplanet, Koramangala. Very friendly, knowledgeable and professional installers. I am yet the get the final tuning done due to other priorities.
Mogs is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 18:50   #6147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Even roof bar is not needed if you install mtek roof carrier. Easy to install and remove in 5 mins.
This may look easier but can damage the paint at the touch points in long run, especially the part which is inside the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhasark View Post
I have got Blaupunkt dh05 installed on my AX5 a couple of months back.
It would have been great if you had attached a few snaps of the install so that everyone gets to know where it's actually located and how does the resolution look like.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 02:19   #6148
BHPian

Yeah if you use very regularly. My usage would be once in like 6 or 8 months. For that usage I found this a better option rather than having an eye sore permanent rails

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
This may look easier but can damage the paint at the touch points in long run, especially the part which is inside the door.
Old 16th July 2022, 03:17   #6149

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
Leather key covers for the key fob have started trickling in. Ordered an unlisted item by working closely with a seller from Amazon and found the cover to be of good fit and finish. Have shared the necessary feedback with him to make the future products better. The item is expected to be listed in a month or 2 on Amazon.
If I am right, this is the JVCV one right? Do you strongly recommend purchasing one please?
Old 16th July 2022, 09:31   #6150

Finally one day I got message from Mahindra that my car has been shipped and is on the way . I immediately rushed to the dealer the next day to enquire and to know the details , and to my surprise , the dealer told me that the car is already in their stockyard and is ready for PDI and delivery .

Without any delay I requested them to arrange for a PDI . The PDI went well except for small minor scratches on the bonnet and tail gate . The dealer assured that they will go away with some polishing .

Insurance : The dealer quoted the insurance price as 1L and on negotiation came down to 80K . I checked the insurace which the dealer was providing and all the inclusions it had . I was able to get the same TATA AIG insurance for 65 K online . I just puchased the insurance online and gave the details to the dealer for the TR . This way I could use the tieup my service centre has with tata aig and I could save 15K .

Extended warranty : I opted for 4th + 5th year extended warranty from Mahindra for 27K

Accessories : I took few additional original accessories like Mud flaps , Pedal cover , Scuff plates , Rain Visor , Screen protector and Side Steps .

Finally got all the formalities done and took the delivery of the car a few days back . Loving my new ride !

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220716-9.09.17-am.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220716-9.09.17-am-1.jpeg

For the car mats , I orderd GFX car mats online as I was not very happy with the mahindra mats , and I find the fit and finish quite good . I wanted to go for Kagu mats but they dont have the mats for XUV 700 yet and it would take them another 1 month to launch the product .

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220716-9.09.18-am-1.jpeg[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=WhatsApp Image 20220716 at 9.09.18 AM.jpeg]
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220716-9.09.18-am.jpeg  

jayantmodi is offline   (11) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks