Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2022, 13:24   #6196
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bh.P View Post
Are there any XUV700 diesel owners who primarily use their car for short city runs. If yes, have you faced DPF issues? Looking to change my petrol booking to diesel after getting to know the abysmal FE figures of the petrol.
It's been only 2 months so my experience might not be valid for the long run but I haven't faced any DPF issues so far. My primary usage is city.

The mileage I get for diesel AT in city for daily short runs is 9-10 on the MID so actual would be around 8km/l. Highway mileage on other hand is a fantastic 15km/l which I had done via a tankful test.
Tanmay007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 13:24   #6197
BHPian

Hi All,

I need some advice regarding the new car insurance. I have 2 quotations, one from the dealer and the other from policybazaar website. The one from dealer is with Eidelweiss and has a premium of ~65k and the online one is with United India Insurance and has a premium of ~55k. In terms of addons and IDV etc everything is a match. However the dealer insurance covers 100% labour charge too. In the online one nothing as such is explicitly mentioned. Please suggest what should I opt for?
Old 20th July 2022, 15:06   #6198

Quote:
Are there any XUV700 diesel owners who primarily use their car for short city runs. If yes, have you faced DPF issues? Looking to change my petrol booking to diesel after getting to know the abysmal FE figures of the petrol.
My AX7 AT D clocked 5k today (delivered in April) and most of this comes from daily commute (30-40km per day, round trip) to work in Bangalore. On this route typical average speed varies between 10-30kmph with an average FE of 10-11kmpl. On few occasions have been thru bumper to bumper traffic with the average speed is below 10kmph, average FE 7-8kmpl. No DPF issue so far.
KishKush is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 15:13   #6199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souvik6 View Post
An update for anyone with OnePlus phone who were previously unable to connect through wireless android seems to now be resolved with the latest software update on OnePlus phones.

I had honestly lost hopes that this would ever get fixed but thankfully I can finally use Android Auto wirelessly after 6 months of owning the car.
I am still not able to use AA on my AX5 wirelessly. My Phone is One Plus 9RT.
Old 20th July 2022, 17:26   #6200
BHPian

Quote:
I have had the car for 6 months and mainly city runs except 3 trips to Pune (total drive <5K km). The DEF level shows now at 71% but no telltale signs of DPF as of yet. My daily runs are no more than 6km

I hope this helps!

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 18:04   #6201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KishKush View Post
My AX7 AT D clocked 5k today (delivered in April) and most of this comes from daily commute (30-40km per day, round trip) to work in Bangalore. On this route typical average speed varies between 10-30kmph with an average FE of 10-11kmpl. On few occasions have been thru bumper to bumper traffic with the average speed is below 10kmph, average FE 7-8kmpl. No DPF issue so far.
Hi. The XUV700 Diesel has a DEF and am not sure it has a DPF as well.
Old 20th July 2022, 21:24   #6202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Is it true that the waiting times will start improving significantly after 6Months from the booking date?

I have AX7 P L AT booked with NBS, Mumbai in Mar'22 with a delivery estimate of Dec'23. After having multiple calls with customer care and the dealership to have more visibility on timelines, the dealership indicated that the latest visibility for delivery is Sep'23 and this should further improve from Sep'22.

Has anybody seen this trend - improving delivery timelines after 6M?
Mine happened, i booked AX7 D AT and AX7 L D AT in March 2022 in hyderabad, that time estimated delivery was Dec 2023 or Jan 2024, a week back i got a message that my vehicle is in planning stage and updated delivery date is Aug 7 to 14, 2022.
That was big surprise for me as I wasn't planning a new car before Dec 2022.
Wakeupsid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 23:16   #6203
Senior - BHPian

As one of the plenty preventative non-cosmetic mechanical TLC thats recommendable, during yearly services, both my earlier cars would be treated with Silicon Spray on window lines, rubber door liners, rubber suspension components, CV joints, engine mounts, shaft-boot, brake lines, all the rubber hoses within the engine bay(especially the FIAT), etc.

Decided to treat the XUV with the same so that it creates a protective layer on the rubber.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220720wa0004.jpg
Blocked out the brand name since I'm neither affiliated with them nor promoting any specific one.

XUV7OO Dash-Cam

My Dash-Cam is powered by a USB hub (which I've kept in the arm-rest) connected to the 2nd Row USB Type-C port. But the problem is that since it stays ON even when the car is switched off, I am forced to plug & unplug the Dash-Cam port at the beginning & they of each journey.

The front only has a single USB port, viz being used for the music pen drive. A USB hub is not compatible to it.

So, if anyone has installed a Dash-Cam using fuse-taps, please let me know which particular fuse you used to hard-wire the cam.

Last edited by GrammarNazi : 20th July 2022 at 23:35.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 00:25   #6204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
But the problem is that since it stays ON even when the car is switched off
Have you checked whether it stays On, say, after 10min of car is turned off? XUV700 keeps accessories powered for a few minutes after the car is turned off. I have an AX7 which has another USB socket for power under the centre console; and I have connected dash cam to that. It get switched off after a few minutes.
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 07:12   #6205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
Makes me wonder, even before taking delivery, whether there is any point in going to NBS for service. Other folks in Mumbai, how's the experience with Randhawa or any other dealers?
I got my car delivery at Randhawa Vikhroli. Their response is decent, they did not include any handling charges or press for accessories and (almost) matched the insurance quote i provided them, arranged for BH regn. They even arranged a call with the MnM ASM when there were delays in my delivery. So, overall, a decent experience. However, since delivery i have seen them not as responsive - my extended warranty docs are yet to reach me, for example and it has been close to 3 weeks since i got the delivery.
Speedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 08:38   #6206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
Mine happened, i booked AX7 D AT and AX7 L D AT in March 2022 in hyderabad, that time estimated delivery was Dec 2023 or Jan 2024, a week back i got a message that my vehicle is in planning stage and updated delivery date is Aug 7 to 14, 2022.
That was big surprise for me as I wasn't planning a new car before Dec 2022.
Damn that is good to hear. happy for you.

I booked in Feb'22, and my still says Jan'24 :(

Cheers
Vins7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 09:15   #6207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_gpatel View Post
Wanted to share my not so good experience with the XUV700 Sporty Black & Blue Body Cover (SKU#AW60062) bought from the M2All online store. Quality of the cover is inferior and within two months of usage its torn and got multiple holes as well - images attached for reference.
Forum members, I need your guidance in buying a new cover for my XUV700. Am not buying any from M2all, so form your personal experiences, are there any aftermarket covers that fit XUV700 well and are long lasting too?
k_gpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 10:16   #6208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_gpatel View Post
Forum members, I need your guidance in buying a new cover for my XUV700. Am not buying any from M2all, so form your personal experiences, are there any aftermarket covers that fit XUV700 well and are long lasting too?
The covers sold at the showroom are very good. The one that is for about Rs 3,800 or so and white in colour (stay away from the silver one). While I don’t use a cover my 700, I used to have one for my 500 bought from the showroom which after a few months stopped using. Not because of quality (quality was great), but because I felt its more damaging to the car and then to occupants when you store it in the car.

If you have a covered car park then you don’t need a cover. But if you have an open car park which sees a lot of bird poop and the likes falling, then the cover will surely protect the car, but the cover remains dirty. And in monsoons its a moisture trap! The question is where will you put the cover. Unlike a sedan, where there is an enclosed boot, SUVs have an open boot which means the occupants will be breathing a lot of hazardous stuff if the cover is in the car.

It’s a catch 22 situation! Didn’t mean to throw in the spanner.

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 10:25   #6209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
but because I felt its more damaging to the car and then to occupants when you store it in the car.

If you have a covered car park then you don’t need a cover. But if you have an open car park which sees a lot of bird poop and the likes falling, then the cover will surely protect the car, but the cover remains dirty. And in monsoons its a moisture trap! The question is where will you put the cover. Unlike a sedan, where there is an enclosed boot, SUVs have an open boot which means the occupants will be breathing a lot of hazardous stuff if the cover is in the car.

Cheers!
Exactly! I had ordered a cover for XUV from amazon even though I had covered car park hoping it will keep the car away from the dust, But it was trapping some moisture and sticking to the car itself. And the dusty cover cant be kept in the car for sure as it will pollute the cabin even more.
RachhaMan10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 12:36   #6210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo View Post
I got my car delivery at Randhawa Vikhroli. Their response is decent, they did not include any handling charges or press for accessories and (almost) matched the insurance quote i provided them, arranged for BH regn.
This sounds a lot better than NBS!

Anyway, I'll be keen to know your first & second service experience with Randhawa. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks