Old 26th July 2022, 12:21   #6271

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
Hi,
Answers to your queries:-
(1) AT AWD comes with EBD.
Thanks for the answer but
Actually asked about availability of EPB (Electric Parking Brake) in AWD version without Luxury pack and just noticed that reply is for EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution).
Would seek the answer again please.
Old 26th July 2022, 13:24   #6272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
Any idea on the list of recalls ? Can you share please
Hi,
You can check for recall list here pls

https://auto.mahindra.com/service-action
ColAjayDrives is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 13:50   #6273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sindbad View Post
Actually asked about availability of EPB (Electric Parking Brake) in AWD version without Luxury pack and just noticed that reply is for EBD (Electronic Brake force Distribution).
Would seek the answer again please.
I'm sorry...I meant Electronic Parking Brake is available in AWD with Luxury Pack.

I am not sure about the configuration in AWD without L.
Others BHPians who own AWD without Luxury pack may chip in pls.
Old 26th July 2022, 14:03   #6274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
This was my response on an earlier comment - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5364937 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

I think this is what all of you guys are experiencing?
Nope. What you mentioned is the regular TC stuff. This is a typical shake. More like a dog getting rid of water (not so violent though). The shake is mild under mild throttle but noticeable if you floor the throttle aggressively at around that speed and associated rpm. This behaviour is not observed in any other gear at that rpm.
roadrunner_nv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 14:12   #6275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
Nope. What you mentioned is the regular TC stuff. This is a typical shake. More like a dog getting rid of water (not so violent though). The shake is mild under mild throttle but noticeable if you floor the throttle aggressively at around that speed and associated rpm. This behaviour is not observed in any other gear at that rpm.
I haven't noticed this or its probably not too prominent. BTW, I am in Zap mode all the time in the city and Zoom Mode on the highway
Old 26th July 2022, 16:23   #6276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sindbad View Post
Actually asked about availability of EPB (Electric Parking Brake) in AWD version without Luxury pack
Every variant of XUV700 with AWD comes with an electronic parking brake, that includes the non-luxury variant as well.
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 16:24   #6277
BHPian

XUV700 does not have "auto parking" feature like the MG Gloster. Does XUV700 have all the hardware required for the "auto parking" feature? If it does, then can a future software upgrade provide this feature?
Old 26th July 2022, 21:25   #6278
Distinguished - BHPian

So, after the Scorpio-N launch, Mahindra has quietly added and removed a few important features from the XUV7OO's lineup. The changes are:-

Additions:-
AX7:
- Normal Cruise Control.

AX7L AT (exclusive):
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go functions.

AX7L (exclusive):
- LED Sequential Turn Indicators.

Deletions:-
AX7L MT:

AX5 and AX7:

AX3:
- Rear Wiper & Defogger.
- Selective Unlock (of the doors & boot lid).

MX:
- Rear Parking Sensors.
- Height Adjustable Driver Seat.
- Rear Spoiler.
- Follow-Me-Home Headlamps.

Old brochure:
Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled3.jpg

New brochure:
Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled.jpg

Link to download

Last edited by RavenAvi : 26th July 2022 at 21:28.
RavenAvi is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 21:46   #6279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeupsid View Post
These are really some interesting specs considering this implementation has ADAS for which computational processing needs to be higher, because life literally depends on it.
Also any one has any background if Mahindra's ADAS has some machine learning aspect for the ADAS to evolve. The only automaker i know is probably Tesla, rest all are non commercial players like Waymo and others.
I am assuming this ADAS is from Bosch.
I guess Mobileye was providing ADAS for Mahindra. They are one of the pioneers in the field and at par with Tesla in many aspects. Normally they vouch for continuous learning in their AI products but not too sure about ADAS in XUV.
Vivek Menon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 21:48   #6280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
So, after the Scorpio-N launch, Mahindra has quietly added and removed a few important features from the XUV7OO's lineup. The changes are:-

AX7L AT (exclusive):
Wasn't this already there in the AX7L variants ? I see this in the owner's manual - https://storagewyh.blob.core.windows...EPB%20Variants)

But this is big set of changes and wonder why they are silent about it
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 22:19   #6281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
You might be correct; mine is Midnight Black which apparently is the more popular colour. But wont there be more cars manufactured for the popular colours as opposed to others? If this was true, then the choice of colour should not matter.
They will want to have even spread of colors as its better for the marketing and PR. Also since its still just 1 year, Mahindra can control spread as well for color. And since black has higher bookings, cancellation is low i assume in comparison to other color. So since batch of cars are produced by color, black batch might have higher number of cars than red when they are doing production run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
ADAS is from Intel's Mobileye. All of it's integration and the Adrenox UI is developed in partnership with Bosch.

As for machine learning, I doubt there is any kind of reinforcement learning (post system integration) like Tesla. This is because Tesla and others are aiming for a level 5 system, all of their software and hardware related to it are developed in-house and working towards level 5. Indian automotive brands simply lack the technical skills to build such a complex system. Almost all of them use a 3rd party solution such as Mobileye.
Thanks for correct about Mobileye.
I think automakers need to invest in self learning in ADAS as well, since people in india have longer usage tenure before they change car, a static system is essentially a hindrance to development. Not sure if OTA updates push improvements to ADAS currently. The pot holes and pedestrian intrusion in city, especially when car following behind dont follow safe distances, emergency braking can lead to lot of fender bender accidents. Considering indian driving conditions, i think this is probably better sample for self learning AI, as it will have to add bias on various situations like sudden slow moving traffic because of pot holes or speed breakers as reading a road would be of greater importance regardless of tarmac or unmarked country roads.
Wakeupsid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 22:21   #6282
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

AX7L AT (exclusive):

AX7L (exclusive):
I think these could be updated as removed from the lower variants. Like the ACC stop & Go was always there in AX7L AT variants (my car from Feb has it.) So this is definitely not a new addition. It’s the other way around - they removed it from the lower variants making it exclusive to top end variant only?
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 00:56   #6283
BHPian

Quote:
AX7L (exclusive):
Wow. Would appreciate some input from the forum as to just how complicated or costly this technology is for Mahindra to be wanting to delete this feature, and not being able to provide it for a long time despite assurances on a lot of cars.

Although seems I got lucky with an early make AX5 which has these, am also concerned down the line in case of an accident or warranty issues, would the replacement parts be difficult to come by?
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 05:13   #6284
BHPian

Quote:

AX7:
- Normal Cruise Control.

AX7L AT (exclusive):

AX7L (exclusive):

Deletions:-
AX7L MT:
New brochure mentions AX7 having ADAS, so radar is definitely present, no idea why ACC isn’t mentioned. Need more clarity on this although if you read the fine print on last page it says ACC and smart pilot is available on AX7 AT.

As for the AX7L MT, it never had stop and go feature, that was always limited to AT variants.

Sequential indicators should have been limited to luxury from the beginning. Mahindra knew there was a shortage and should’ve taken this decision earlier. Hope they at least provide it to existing customer waiting for them.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 27th July 2022 at 05:16.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 05:57   #6285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
MX:
- Rear Parking Sensors.
I wonder how can they remove these as they're mandatory since last 3 years as per GOI notification. I couldn't find the notification but this article says that from July 2019, all cars must have rear parking sensors.
BoneCollector is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks