Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2022, 19:20   #6301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Dear all, I got my XUV700 AX7L delivery last week and I'm thoroughly enjoying my drive and extremely happy with the car.

But i have a concern regarding the Adrenox app activation for me which is pending from showroom end as its been exactly 1 week since delivery. When i try to activate it says "KYC not completed".

I have ben following up with dealership and the SA's excuse so far is that there is an issue with the Adrenox server and the issue is with all the new deliveries.
Is this true or is the dealer hesitant to complete the KYC in the system? Do you guys think there something fishy about this matter?

Also the reason quoted is that since Scorpio is being integrated into Adrenox, there is a delay or server is down! Please confirm is it the same case with other people who took the delivery very recently? Also those who got the deliveries earlier, how long did it take to activate the Adrenox app?

Also another query, I have also opted for the extended warranty of 4th & 5th Year but the With You Hamesha app does not reflect this. It only shows the Road side assistance active for 3 years. The SA says normally it takes minimum 1 week for this as well and I'll receive an email from Mahindra with confirmation.
Is this true and is it the case with others as well?

Please share your experiences with me so that i can contact Mahindra customer care in case there is some deliberate delays on dealership side?
sridhar24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 20:34   #6302

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
... I have a concern regarding the Adrenox app activation for me which is pending from showroom end as its been exactly 1 week since delivery. When i try to activate it says "KYC not completed".

I have ben following up with dealership...

Also another query, I have also opted for the extended warranty of 4th & 5th Year but the With You Hamesha app does not reflect this. It only shows the Road side assistance active for 3 years...
In my case, Adrenox account was activated same day, just before delivery and was working fine.
I took the extended warranty for 4th and 5th year along with 4th year RSA. I was told it may take upto 45 days for it to reflect on WithYouHamesha. And it actually took more than 45 days. After several followup, i was told my file was not loaded in the system and hence the delay. However it is in effect as per the invoice date. I added 5th year RSA today and recieved a message from Mahindra stating it may take 48hrs to reflect the same on WithYouHamesha.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th July 2022 at 00:57. Reason: Please quote relevant bits only. Thanks.
KishKush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 21:59   #6303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunjain View Post

However, the status of following is not clear from comparison of new and old brochures. I couldn't find them listed under any column. So if they are deleted from MX / AX3, starting which variant will they be available? It seems unlikely that they would have been removed entirely from XUV 700. Some of these features (rear wiper, rear defogger, real parking sensors, driver seat height adjust) can't be entirely missing from the car itself, right?
This seems to be a mistake in brochure update. There is no way they can remove rear parking sensors as these are mandatory for every car sold in India. Someone must have accidentally deleted a few lines under MX and AX3 columns while making other updates. (Such as the deletion of sequential turn indicators on AX5/7).

If this is a planned deletion for the MX trim, e.g. seat height adjustment, the feature should appear in the column for the next higher trim as you say. Same applies for deletion of rear washer/wipe in AX3.

Mahindra missed a chance to add normal cruise control to AX5 during this update. This is one feature sorely missing in what is the third higher trim from the base. In the ScorpioN, M&M is giving cruise control even in Z4 (second from base variant). For highway travellers who invest in an AT, this is an invaluable feature for a relaxing drive.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 27th July 2022 at 22:00.
84.monsoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 22:09   #6304
RRU
BHPian

Took the TD of XUV 700 Petrol MT: Overall, great experience! Here are a few points to highlight:

1) Excellent ride quality and comfort;
2) Very smooth engine and great response to any ask
3) Good NVH
4) Premium feeling inside the car - HM really liked it.
5) Great looks in all aspects
6) Most importantly, really a robust and safe car.

Wanted to test the mileage - set the trip before starting - drove a cool 35 kms. from Kundalahalli Gate (Whitefield) to Budigere Cross (NH4) and back (relevant to Bengaluru people only) - providing all forms of ride - B2B, light traffic, highway - the jumbo eked out 10.3 Kmpl on MID. Not bad for a 2.0 Lt turbo juggernaut although would have liked it to be 11 kmpl.

Two issues that bothered me were:

1) The clutch (which has an unusually long play) vibrates a lot on soft touch - the Mahindra SA and driver claimed its turbo + 2.0 Lt engine - so, it vibrates. Not sure, but did not appreciate that. They claimed that new vehicle will not have such problems and clutch play can be adjusted by their service technicians. Many customers have got this done.

2) The gear transmission, although quite smooth, also vibrates in lower gear and RPM and sometimes on higher, as well.

The issues are only 2 in number, but quite a deal breaker for me as safety + reliability of engine, gear-box, clutch and brake are no compromise things. I hope I am not making too much fuss out of nothing.

On top of these, I read that Mahindra has dropped quite a few features from first 3-4 variants and made the top L variant even more luxurious. If true then that is quite disappointing and more than loosing out on those features (many must to have), it reflects poorly on the company.

Grateful for some insights from experts and members of the forum.

Did any one face...
Old 27th July 2022, 22:46   #6305
BHPian

Does any one know what is the sales breakup of petrol/diesel variants?
Old 27th July 2022, 23:47   #6306
BHPian

Quote:
Also those who got the deliveries earlier, how long did it take to activate the Adrenox app?

Also another query, I have also opted for the extended warranty of 4th & 5th Year but the With You Hamesha app does not reflect this. It only shows the Road side assistance active for 3 years. The SA says normally it takes minimum 1 week for this as well and I'll receive an email from Mahindra with confirmation.

Please share your experiences with me so that i can contact Mahindra customer care in case there is some deliberate delays on dealership side?
For me Adrenox activation happened in a couple of days.
The extended warranty has not happened to me till now even after 40 days from delivery date. Initially they said after registration of the vehicle which happened about a week back.
Now they have sent me a screen shot showing it as under process. They keep telling me that I will get confirmation mail from Mahindra directly.
Old 27th July 2022, 23:58   #6307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Sequential indicators should have been limited to luxury from the beginning.
Hope they at least provide it to existing customer waiting for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Is this applicable for the upcoming and new bookings or is it applicable retroactively? If it's the latter then all those who have booked earlier say in 2021 and early 2022 can get together for a class action lawsuit in consumer court.
Confirmation from Customer Care:-
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3737.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Someone must have accidentally deleted a few lines under MX and AX3 columns while making other updates. (Such as the deletion of sequential turn indicators on AX5/7).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbharat4u View Post
The LED sequential turn indicators are the ones in the rear or are we going to loose out the ones in the front as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Both will be gone. It comes in complete set of front and rear.
Confirmation from Customer Care:-
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_3765.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
All OEM's are removing two of the sensors. And retaining two only.
The new Mahindra Scorpio-N has four reversing sensors at it's rear.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 28th July 2022 at 00:28.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 08:59   #6308
BHPian

Wonder what’s Mahindra position on customers who got deliveries from June till now and were specifically told that sequential indicators would be fitted at later date and were made to sign the declaration as well at the time of delivery, I hope they honor their words and not back out on it.

My delivery was supposed to have happened in April which they delayed to Jul and I signed the declaration at the time of delivery as well, it would not be fair to customers like me if they now back out on their promise and deny the sequential indicator.

Last edited by Sandegov : 28th July 2022 at 09:07. Reason: Typo
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 09:45   #6309
RVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
The extended warranty has not happened to me till now even after 40 days from delivery date. Initially they said after registration of the vehicle which happened about a week back.
Now they have sent me a screen shot showing it as under process. They keep telling me that I will get confirmation mail from Mahindra directly.
You may have to get this checked with your dealer. My SA called on 22nd July stating there will be a considerable increase in warranty prices starting 25th July, asked them to go ahead with the extended warranty. Got it done on the same day. Got activated in ~48 hours and can see the status in WYH app too.
Btw, am yet to take delivery of my car. It is still sitting in the yard waiting for an auspicious day
RVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 09:49   #6310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick3094 View Post
I notice that adrenoX isn't working at all. The 'last updated' shows the time we parked the car after the demo. Tried refreshing, but didn't work. The car is showing no signal bars on the e-sim. And this isn't in just one particular place. It isn't working anywhere.
Has anybody else encountered this issue? Any obvious solutions? Any not-so-obvious solutions? Should I contact the SA?
Hi, did you figure out how to resolve this? Just happened on my AX7L P as well.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th July 2022 at 10:10. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 28th July 2022, 09:59   #6311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
An internal circular has been issued informing the staff that prices for the Extended Warranty "Shield" packages will see a significant increase come August 2022.

For example, the 4th & 5th Year Extended Warranty "Shield" package which was priced at Rs 24,779/- when I got my AX5 diesel MT in April 2022 was increased to around Rs 27,300 after that. But by August, this particular 4th & 5th Year "Shield" package will see a steep rise to around Rs 40,500! (including GST)
I was at the service station yesterday and it seems the prices have already been revised?

I was told that the fifth year extended warranty for the Thar has been increased from 14.9K to 17.4K. Some people who had come there with their cars for service were also saying this is being done to discourage people from opting for extended warranties etc :/

I have some questions (though it is for the Thar not XUV700)
  • Is the fifth year warranty worth it ( I already have 3 + 1 extended ).
  • What is it with the fifth year like a cliched seven year itch in a marriage? Why is the fifth year important and not the sixth, seventh etc or what is bad in stopping at the fourth/what difference does a year make? Should I look at it as an "option available" and just go for it ?
  • And why are service personnel at Mahindra actively pushing for it? I was asked by 4 different advisors in one day to go for it urgently. Is it a "sales" target sort of thing and service divisions are trying their luck?

Last edited by airguitar : 28th July 2022 at 10:01.
Old 28th July 2022, 10:37   #6312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Jean-Luc View Post
This is a common problem, if you go into an area with no connectivity ( mind you, VI has a truck loads of them ) and then come back, the signal will remain blank. Try restarting after a couple of hours, if it still doesn't connect back, disconnect one of the battery terminals for a couple of minutes and connect back. It should be back to normal.
shrk_18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 11:03   #6313

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
This is a common problem, if you go into an area with no connectivity ( mind you, VI has a truck loads of them ) and then come back, the signal will remain blank. Try restarting after a couple of hours, if it still doesn't connect back, disconnect one of the battery terminals for a couple of minutes and connect back. It should be back to normal.
There is no signal since last night and the car has travelled good 20 km in the city. I'm hoping this is a Vi wide outage. I also could not find any SIM/IMEI setting in the whole menu. Will wait for a day more and then take to SA. Mine was recently updated to 8.0.something software version.
Old 28th July 2022, 11:50   #6314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Jean-Luc View Post
So one thing I did was logged out of alexa. A few days later (as it usually did) the network coverage returned. This time I didn’t log into alexa. So the network thing was working for quite some time. It must’ve been about a month or month and half that it had been working perfectly fine. Now I decided to log back into alexa. It has been about 2-3 weeks since I’ve logged back in and not once has the same issue popped up.
But also the SA had been informed about a few issues (Radio static sorta noise from the steering column, brake pad noises, middle row ac not working, network issue, and suspension noise) and the car was sent to them. He also performed a software update. Now this event was about a week before I logged back into alexa.
So I’m not sure which thing led to the resolution of this problem but would suggest you to do the same thing (log out of alexa, wait for some weeks, log back in) or you could just contact the SA.

So a about 3-ish weeks back, the car was sent to the service centre for tune following issues:
  • Radio static like noise from the steering column.
  • Suspension noise
  • Brake pad noise when holding on the brake with ever so slightly more than required pressure while stopped
  • Middle row ac not working
  • Esim/Network issues

It seems like none of the problems have been resolved apart from ac and network issues

Has anybody experienced these and/or found any solutions to them?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th July 2022 at 19:41. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Edit/Quote+ functionality to quote multiple posts.
Maverick3094 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 12:21   #6315
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats for the new car. Happy motoring!!

Yes. It does take a week or two for the extended warranty purchase to reflect on your WYH app if purchased through the dealer. It happened in my case as well. If you dont get an update after 2 weeks, just raise a query to Mahindra customer care and they will immediately sort it out
Enthusiast81 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks