Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2022, 12:29   #6316
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Jean-Luc View Post
There is no signal since last night and the car has travelled good 20 km in the city.
This happened with me, fortunately just 2 days before my 1st service. The guys at service center disconnected the battery for 2 mins and connected it again. The network came back. If you're comfortable disconnecting the battery, you can fix it yourself and save the visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
The extended warranty has not happened to me till now even after 40 days from delivery date.
Now they have sent me a screen shot showing it as under process.
No idea why the dealership takes this long, when you buy directly using WithYouHamesha app it gets activated instantly. The extended warranty rates have almost doubled for the XUV700 just a few days back, so if the dealership tries to squeeze more money from you please fight them!
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 12:52   #6317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
I was at the service station yesterday and it seems the prices have already been revised?

Some people who had come there with their cars for service were also saying this is being done to discourage people from opting for extended warranties etc
Yes. W.E.F. 25th July, instead of 01st August as was conveyed to me earlier.

Posting the revised prices for the benefit of all from BHPian Sommos's posted PDF a few pages earlier:-

Mahindra XUV700 Review-459296995c66446da162180f580765f3.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-98c36d8a0d5549c78978a66f9299b24c.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-574dd8dfb5ed46ec97d355489d30eef1.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-aeafc69163bc4346bc9d7a234373b981.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 12:55   #6318
BHPian

Is the recently initiated recall exclusively for AWD or also for other models? Haven't found any concrete info on this. The service centre was absolutely clueless.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 28th July 2022 at 13:38. Reason: Typo
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 13:31   #6319
BHPian

Dear TBHPians
Happy to report delivery of my AX7L AT AWD, dazzling silver yesterday. Took delivery at Mandi, HP and drove straight to Chandigarh.

Dealer staff was very supportive during PDI and delivery process. There was a scary moment just before delivery as front passenger side handle refused to fold. After an hour of trouble shooting with plant team, it was found that motor has given away. There was seemingly some moisture on motor which caused this. Wonder from where it came as internal panel was dry otherwise. However, as dealer did not have this in stock, same was inter changed with demo unit. Though it took almost 3 hours to demo unit to arrive from nearby location, I was happy at the end given the proactive approach of the dealer staff. Rest all was fine & will keep an eye on this moisture issue.

My machine has Bridgestone tires & June 2022 make. Got single key and non-sequential rear turn indicators with a written promise to get same in 4-6 months. Rear suspension has 9 coils, so no recall.

Accessories opted-Side steps, 3D mats, mud flaps, screen guard, illuminated scuff plates, paddle covers-Total cost after discount INR 33341.

Insurance – Tata AIG INR 64,732. Opted for RTI, bumper to bumper. I had 50% NCB.
Prices for extended warranties have gone up as reported here. Not opted as of now but will add 4th year one at least later via app.

Adrenox got activated immediately. Will have to spend some considerable time to get used to all gadgetry.

Based on drive from Mandi to Chandigarh
Engine is powerful, over takings are fun. Steering is light & ride comfort is excellent. Actually, it does not feel that one is driving such a huge & heavy car. To me, NHV level felt very good, specially coming from 4th generation Honda city Idtec. I am mostly a sedate driver so didn’t feel any lag or jerking/shaking issues as reported on this forum. Auto head lamps are a boon especially in hills.

Right now, beast is getting spa treatment along with a layer of paint protection film. Should be ready by Saturday evening. Leaving with some pictures.

Thanks to all the members for wonderful discussions here, which made some of my decisions easier. Looking forward.

Thanks

MM

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20220728130114.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20220728130113_1.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photo20220728130113.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 28th July 2022 at 19:04. Reason: Pictures inserted in-line.
MissionManali is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 15:05   #6320
BHPian

When i check in the WYH app,
in the first screen it says shield warranty covered with expiry date as 20/06/2027 but when i go to the Shield warranty screen it shows Shield Inactive.
Unable to comprehend the meaning of this.

Anybody has any thoughts on this please share.
Old 28th July 2022, 15:30   #6321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Confirmation from Customer Care:-
Attachment 2339197
Thank you this is helpful. So any idea if the models will continue to get front sequential indicators?

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2022 at 16:06. Reason: Shortening quoted post.
Old 28th July 2022, 15:55   #6322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Wonder what’s Mahindra position on customers who got deliveries from June till now and were specifically told that sequential indicators would be fitted at later date and were made to sign the declaration as well at the time of delivery, I hope they honor their words and not back out on it.

My delivery was supposed to have happened in April which they delayed to Jul and I signed the declaration at the time of delivery as well, it would not be fair to customers like me if they now back out on their promise and deny the sequential indicator.
Was this so called letter issued during PDI or was it issued during delivery?
Old 28th July 2022, 16:10   #6323

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_nv View Post
Let me guess, this happens in 2nd gear at around 27-28 kmph and feels like a dog trying to shake off water. If you get on the throttle a bit harder, the shake is pronounced but if you baby the throttle and get through that speed/related RPM, the shake is mild. Rest of the gears and RPM, the car works like a charm. Do let me know if this is what is happening.
Thank you roadrunner_nv, you made my job easier. That is exactly the issue, but the vibration could be felt right from 16-18 kmph. The shake settles once the needle crosses 30-32 kmph. I am going easy with the throttle till it crosses 30 kmph, that's how I am trying to mask the issue myself. As you rightly said, there is no such vibration and body shake in other gears. The NVH levels are much better in higher gears.
Hprmodern is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 16:16   #6324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Is the recently initiated recall exclusively for AWD or also for other models? Haven't found any concrete info on this. The service centre was absolutely clueless.
You can check from here : https://auto.mahindra.com/service-action
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 17:43   #6325

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Anybody has any thoughts on this please share.
This is exactly what I had on my app. I was told this was because my file wasn't entered or updated in their system. It gets activated when they click that magic button .

Last edited by aah78 : 28th July 2022 at 18:15. Reason: Quote trimmed.
KishKush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 18:52   #6326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
If you're comfortable disconnecting the battery, you can fix it yourself and save the visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
It should be back to normal.
Thanks for the tip. Disconnecting and Reconnecting the negative battery terminal worked.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th July 2022 at 19:06. Reason: Posts merged. Quotes trimmed. Please use MULTI-QUOTE/QUOTE+. Thanks!
Picard Jean-Luc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 11:05   #6327
BHPian

In anticipation of Apple CarPlay being rolled out for XUV700, I wrote to customer care asking about the status with a specific date.

Got a quick reply the next day that “Apple CarPlay functionality is expected to be available for your XUV700 by 10th August ‘22”

Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 11:07   #6328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podilam View Post
Today I have installed few accessories for my ax5 in Ananth cars, Bannerghatta Rd. New reverse camera Aw60118 with static guidelines and automatic headlamp control unit. Camera quality is good, and I do not have comparison view with other models. Need to test it at night for quality.
Hi,

Could you please share a few pictures of the camera quality of the new reverse cam. The existing one on my AX5 fixed by the dealership is pathetic and the accessories guy is not even aware of this new camera Aw60118. He says he has not received any complaints so far on the current product AW60065.
Old 29th July 2022, 11:31   #6329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
In anticipation of Apple CarPlay being rolled out for XUV700, I wrote to customer care asking about the status with a specific date.

Got a quick reply the next day that “Apple CarPlay functionality is expected to be available for your XUV700 by 10th August ‘22”
The NBS service centre is clueless as always. Have been following up with them with no concrete reply as yet. Good to know that the rollout is expected by 10th Aug. Do let me know if you get any further updates. Been waiting for this for long. Actually haven't even taken the car for the Android Auto update yet, since I was out of the country at a stretch. Was hoping to get both activated in one go now. Fingers crossed.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 12:30   #6330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
The NBS service centre is clueless as always.
Actually, A senior person always gave me approximate dates, but later he was embarrassed that Mahindra themselves didn’t keep their end of the bargain, and hence he said that he didn’t want to commit to a date which couldn’t be honoured. Which is fair as its not in his control. In fact he asked me to write to customer care as they would have to give something concrete.

So lets hope that August 10 is the one!

Honestly I don’t care for CarPlay that much as the only reason it would help is for GMaps and to control Spotify. Had the native maps app been more efficient, I would have been happy with it, as while its graphic display is phenomenal (GMaps should learn), its routes and traffic information is quite poor. If your not so much worried about alternate routes or traffic then, its much better than GMaps. Sometimes I wonder why don’t Auto OEMs partner with GMaps and lets say a couple of music streaming platforms to just provide their apps as in-built? Does one really need Apple CarPlay now?

Without Apple CarPlay I can still

1. Read and reply to text messages. Can dictate messages as well. (Has anyone been able to have it read aloud. I have not been able to yet but the settings and the manual both say you can)
2. Call a contact or a number by either typing or dictating.
3. Whatsapp? I think it did work as long as the phone is unlocked.

Can’t think of anything other than that what I would like to do. Not going to get on to YouTube for sure.

Anyone have any other thoughts!
Cheers!
Vashanis is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks