Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2022, 23:57   #6391
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I too can feel the thud-dhub on the armrest. This should not happen because there are baffle tanks inside the tank to avoid splashing of fluid while moving around. Now that we know the issue, I'll escalate it to Mahindra through the service centre during my next visit.
I started feeling this only since last couple of days. Did not feel this earlier. The first service was done a week back but small patches of mud remained and a layer of residue on some parts was visible. When I showed the same to the driver who delivered the car, he said as per government rules we are not doing water wash but only dry wash and hence some residue. I had no option but to get it water washed at a water service garage. Could it be because of some water seepage some where ? I need to get it checked out.

Regarding the recording feature the accessories guy told me the max size supported is only 32GB and any higher size memory card may not be supported. He said I can take my own card if it meets the data transfer speed of 120MB/s. The same costs around 500.00 on Amazon. Dealer is charging Rs.700.00. I felt it is wiser to get it installed from them since the difference is too marginal. In a couple of minutes they installed the card.
Old 5th August 2022, 07:28   #6392
PKH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKH View Post
1. Omission in feature - Sequential indicator missing in AX7 L AT AWD even though the website still states it’s there the vehicle does not have it.
Got confirmation that the omission in sequential indicator is due to global chip shortage and the same will be available in 4 months time free of cost. Over the moon now.
Old 5th August 2022, 08:55   #6393
BHPian

To all the folks driving with a football in the boot aka dhub-dhub noise from back at low speeds - tighten your spare wheel with the wheel spanner and let us know if it worked for you. I was finally able to get rid of that noise this morning by tightening it, used my daily morning drives to try all sort of things like driving with last seat down, middle row down, both down, no tools etc etc and this fixed it finally.
Sandegov is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 13:49   #6394

Hey Everyone

The manual mentions ECOSENSE which displays driving score. I have AX7LP and I haven't seen anything like that. Is it only on Manual or Diesel versions ? Do we need to get ECOSENSE activated ?

Thanks!
Picard Jean-Luc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 16:17   #6395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
I have an April manufactured car and as far as I can tell I don't face the suspension noise everyone seems to be so worried about. I have seen a couple of videos where the noise seemed a lot sharper, but in my case the sound is a more of a muted thud and felt normal for a suspension setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
To all the folks driving with a football in the boot aka dhub-dhub noise from back at low speeds - tighten your spare wheel with the wheel spanner and let us know if it worked for you. I was finally able to get rid of that noise this morning by tightening it, used my daily morning drives to try all sort of things like driving with last seat down, middle row down, both down, no tools etc etc and this fixed it finally.
I am not sure if this will work. I face this soft thud noise from the rear side only when the diesel tank is full and upto 70%, after that it slowly goes away.

Is this thud noise coming in only for Diesel vehicles or even the petrol vehicles as well?
Old 5th August 2022, 16:44   #6396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabharish77 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I contacted the Mahindra sales manager yesterday and he too was confused at this. He said he would look into it and get back, and when i checked the status today it was back to 2023 August. It's an error i guess. Haven't spoken about the status change to him yet.
Oh thanks for clarifying. I guess they put wrong year 2023 instead of 2022. I will still refrain from talking to SA, i will wait for them to auto adjust the correct time. Now this gives me time to slowly adjust my finances.
Old 5th August 2022, 18:48   #6397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Jean-Luc View Post
Hey Everyone

The manual mentions ECOSENSE which displays driving score. I have AX7LP and I haven't seen anything like that. Is it only on Manual or Diesel versions ? Do we need to get ECOSENSE activated ?

Thanks!
Ecosense is for Manual variants only.
Sandegov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 01:56   #6398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_700 View Post
Is this thud noise coming in only for Diesel vehicles or even the petrol vehicles as well?
I have an AX7 Petrol and the issue is present. I have tightened the spare tyre today and would do a test run tomorrow.
Old 6th August 2022, 13:46   #6399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Regarding the recording feature the accessories guy told me the max size supported is only 32GB and any higher size memory card may not be supported.
FYI I tried using a 128gb card and it wasn't recognised

Last edited by Aditya : 6th August 2022 at 21:22. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 15:07   #6400

Hi team-bhpians, I am a newbie here and very excited to be a part of this elite group of auto enthusiasts.
I own an XUV 700 P AT L variant. I am facing a problem now. The climate control doesn't remember the previously used settings.Every time I am starting my car, the climate control is resetting itself to 22 degee C , not in auto mode and with recirculation OFF. Earlier vehicle used to remember the last set temperature and settings. Has anybody faced similar problem like this before?Any idea how to solve this?
Tech_Guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 16:56   #6401

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead123 View Post
Received the booking confirmation however it made me feel limbo on one thing regarding the price.

I have made the booking on OCT-10 around 10.30 AM.

According to this email, it seems they are honouring OCT-7th prices. Am I reading this right? To recall, the prices have been revised on OCT-8th onwards and this email make me feel like I hit a jackpot so before I celebrate looking to validate my thoughts :-)
@motorhead123

Looking at your message, I thought I will also get the price protection as I have booked it on 9th Oct. They have not mentioned anything in the email as such like they did for you.

Have you initiated your booking on 7th or 8th and completed on 10th - they seem to honour those but they say they are not after 8th. Appreciate if you could confirm.
jakonbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 21:18   #6402
BHPian

Any tips to improve FE?

I own AX7L P AT and before the first service, it used to show a 7+ km avg. (I know it isn't accurate) but after the service, it has since dropped to 4.5-6ish tops.

It looks like a very bad decision to go with the petrol variant considering just the last 1.5 months' expenditure just on fuel is significantly higher than my other petrol vehicles. The vehicle feels premium and so does the FE...lol.
Smartomotive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 21:28   #6403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I have an AX7 Petrol and the issue is present. I have tightened the spare tyre today and would do a test run tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Quick update : second drive - after a day of noiseless drive yesterday I took the car out today again for a city drive of about 80-100 Kms and the noise came back midway, played around with spare wheel again and this time the noise reduced but dint go away completely. Doesn’t look like a permanent solution and this is driving me nuts now!
Old 6th August 2022, 23:21   #6404
BHPian

First major XUV700 accident reported at Tarapuram,Tamilnadu. Collision happened with a state transport bus after the XUV700 driver lost control of the car which was speeding at 120 kmph and the car jumped over the divider. 4 died on the spot. One died at the hospital.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 04:18   #6405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakonbhp View Post
@motorhead123

Looking at your message, I thought I will also get the price protection as I have booked it on 9th Oct. They have not mentioned anything in the email as such like they did for you.

Have you initiated your booking on 7th or 8th and completed on 10th - they seem to honour those but they say they are not after 8th. Appreciate if you could confirm.
Hello @jakonbhp, I have added the vehicle in cart when that function was made available. Couldn't book on Oct-7th due to the website crashing fiasco and completed the booking on Oct-8th. Feels like the price protection logic was based on having the car in the cart before Oct-7th. I took delivery of the car on March-21st.

Last edited by motorhead123 : 7th August 2022 at 04:19. Reason: Typo correction
motorhead123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks