Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2022, 20:04   #6556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa1997 View Post
Just started looking for a car after recently moving to Mumbai and was considering VW/Skoda quadruplets or Hyryder/Grand Vitara. I hadn't even shortlisted XUV due to the waiting period and no automatic variant in my budget of 15-16L.

Randomly checked AckoDrive and it was showing Dec 2022 timelines for few variants of XUV. Then out of curiosity crosschecked with Mahindra dealers in Mumbai who quoted 12 weeks for petrol variants and 40+ weeks for diesels. Anyway AckoDrive people kept saying that their timelines are accurate and updated on a daily basis inconsultation with Mahindra dealers. Wanted to take a chance and booked an MX Diesel for 16.3L OTR Mumbai. Lets wait and see what happens
Some variants like MX / AX3 etc have less waiting period so there is good chance of faster delivery
Old 20th August 2022, 20:44   #6557
sbm
BHPian

I am feeling a lag/jerk in power delivery around 2000rpm in my AX5 diesel MT. It is more pronounced in 2nd gear but can be felt in all gears. The car was in the default Zap mode, and Zoom mode seems to mask the issue.
I am on my second full tank of diesel from the same bunk and there was no such issue previously. Points to note are that the fuel level is currently near the reserve mark and that the car was in the rain all night. Does anyone have any idea about this?

Last edited by sbm : 20th August 2022 at 20:47.
Old 21st August 2022, 03:04   #6558
BHPian

I'm facing a weird problem with my AX7L AT. So when the car is cold started in the morning and I want to move the vehicle out of the parking, the expected behaviour and the way I do it is to slowly leave the brake and let it move ahead as I leave the brake (not fully and no acceleration yet).

8 out of 10 times this is working as expected and all good but there are times when the car doesn't move an inch as I start leaving the brake like usual and when I leave the brake fully, it takes a split second for the car to realize it's time to move and it rushes with its max power (max as in the sudden acceleration happens as if you suddenly and fully left the brake). This sudden rush leads to almost touching the car within the parking area and is quite an unpleasant experience, I have to immediately apply brakes in such cases and then we're back to normal behavior.

Keep in mind, that the auto hold is OFF, the parking brake is OFF, Gear shifted to D, and Seat Belt ON. I already raised this issue at the first service and I was told they will reflash the gear system and it should be fixed but unfortunately, it didn't and it's such a weird problem that when the service center actually tried to reproduce the issue, they couldn't because like I said, it happens occasionally and especially when you cold start the car for the first time in the morning not when it has already been warmed up a bit. They did reflash is what they said but it seems pointless.

Anyone ever faced this kinda issue? What could be the problem here?

Quote:
Randomly checked AckoDrive
MX to AX5 variant keeps coming in free stocks every month. Just get in touch with a few of the dealers in your city and tell them you'll buy your preferred variant from their free stocks and to inform you immediately.

You'll get a call at least from one of them as soon as they get a free stock available which happens often every month and has been happening since the deliveries got started. So you don't really need to wait until Dec. There's a high chance to get it sooner.

MT variants especially are always available too (In AX5, I've had 3 dealers reach out every few weeks but I only wanted AX7L -- Finally got my booked vehicle itself since there were no free stocks for this variant, and its highly unlikely to get one anyway).

Also, you may wanna check the review in this forum for the agents you mentioned in OP. There are some issues with them. So watch out. Just giving heads up.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 21st August 2022 at 09:43. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Old 21st August 2022, 09:13   #6559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayXR View Post
Yes, they have had a change of vendor (at least for this particular part). They are calling it a "pending upgrade".
Btw the motor got installed today.
Oh hopefully mine gets installed soon, didn't want the delivery to get delayed. Is there any change in it's mechanism or it's the same as before?
Old 21st August 2022, 09:20   #6560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
it takes a split second for the car to realize it's time to move and it rushes with its max power (max as in the sudden acceleration happens as if you suddenly and fully left the brake).
Yes, I have. In fact quite recently I started experiencing it on my 5 Year old Volkswagen Ameo. I am hoping the issue will resolve in the next servicing.
This probably won't be the answer you are looking for, but I thought you should know that this particular issue isn't exclusive to XUV700, even the 'Germans' have it!

P.S. Version - VW Ameo Highline Plus 1.5L AT (D)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Oh hopefully mine gets installed soon, didn't want the delivery to get delayed. Is there any change in it's mechanism or it's the same as before?
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to test, it as I am out of town. Though I don't think there will be any change.

About the delay, yes it did cause me delays for sure. The vehicle was billed on 31st Jul and reached dealership on 18th Aug. And the reason for the delay was "pending upgrade". And I believe they finally made the call to ship the vehicle first and fix the issue locally at the dealership's workshop.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 21st August 2022 at 09:44. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
Old 21st August 2022, 10:15   #6561
BHPian

Quote:

8 out of 10 times this is working as expected and all good but there are times when the car doesn't move an inch as I start leaving the brake like usual.
Is it that the 2 out of 10 times you experience this is when the car has been parked for more than a couple of days? I have seen this in most AT cars and more so in the monsoon. If the car is driven everyday, I have not faced this issue, but if the cars is kept parked for over 2 days (especially in the monsoon), I do need to tap the accelerator a bit to get it going and also do hear a sound. I believe its got to do something with the brake pads stuck to the disc or something due to moisture accumulation. Not sure of the technical terms here. And the brakes sound as if they are grazing against something. But in no time everything sounds and behaves normal.

I hope it helps.
Cheers!
Old 21st August 2022, 10:24   #6562
BHPian

Quote:
when I leave the brake fully, it takes a split second for the car to realize it's time to move and it rushes with its max power (max as in the sudden acceleration happens as if you suddenly and fully left the brake).
When the engine is cold, the car idles at a higher rpm for around a minute before it settles down to the normal idle rpm. Try waiting for the rpm to settle down to see if that higher rpm is the issue. I find it difficult to take the car out from tight spots when the rpm is high too.
impala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 10:28   #6563

Quote:

I think I also noticed same during the cold starts I think it’s because the RPM goes above 1000 to bring up the oil temperature . If I release the break completely during this time then car just jumps ahead instead of going into creep mode.

But if I wait for 20-30 seconds then rpm goes down to about 800 and things go back to normal.

I think it’s recommended to wait for RPM to settle down, I think it’s mentioned somewhere in the manual as well. I would let the experts advice on this though.

On a funny side note, before Xuv our security guard used to open the gates promptly, but now he waits for me to move the Xuv before going for the gate All because of this cold start scenario.
Old 21st August 2022, 10:56   #6564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
When the engine is cold, the car idles at a higher rpm for around a minute before it settles down to the normal idle rpm. Try waiting for the rpm to settle down to see if that higher rpm is the issue. I find it difficult to take the car out from tight spots when the rpm is high too.
One thing I have observed in my XUV from day 1 is it always starts with a constant idle rpm - it does not start with higher rpm and settle down gradually to idling rpm like all my previous cars. Is it the same with others too?
Old 21st August 2022, 11:01   #6565
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
One thing I have observed in my XUV from day 1 is it always starts with a constant idle rpm - it does not start with higher rpm and settle down gradually to idling rpm like all my previous cars. Is it the same with others too?
It's the same in my AX5 D MT.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 12:39   #6566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPratik519 View Post
I think it’s recommended to wait for RPM to settle down, I think it’s mentioned somewhere in the manual as well.
Irrespective of the engine type (NA / turbo) it is always recommended to idle for a minimum of 30-45 secs during a cold start and then gradually start driving. Definitely helps to warm-up the engine well.

Similarly, before shutting down the engine it is again advisable to idle for 15-20 secs atleast.

These small practices go a long way in maintaining the health of the engine.
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 12:54   #6567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
It's the same in my AX5 D MT.
I should have clarified that I have a P AT that's showing idling at higher RPM on cold start.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 15:36   #6568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
I should have clarified that I have a P AT that's showing idling at higher RPM on cold start.
Thanks, guess its different in Diesels then - this is my first time owning a diesel.
Old 21st August 2022, 15:54   #6569
BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to take a chance and booked an MX Diesel for 16.3L OTR Mumbai. Lets wait and see what happens
My SA in Bangalore says the non-Luxury variants, esp MX, AX3 & AX5 are readily available.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 20:18   #6570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayXR View Post
Yes, I have. In fact quite recently I started experiencing it on my 5 Year old Volkswagen Ameo. I am hoping the issue will resolve in the next servicing.
This probably won't be the answer you are looking for, but I thought you should know that this particular issue isn't exclusive to XUV700, even the 'Germans' have it!

P.S. Version - VW Ameo Highline Plus 1.5L AT (D)

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to test, it as I am out of town. Though I don't think there will be any change.

About the delay, yes it did cause me delays for sure. The vehicle was billed on 31st Jul and reached dealership on 18th Aug. And the reason for the delay was "pending upgrade". And I believe they finally made the call to ship the vehicle first and fix the issue locally at the dealership's workshop.
Oh okay, thank you!
Congratulations on the new car!
yuvmudapa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks