Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2022, 21:33   #6571
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi, in the dealers brochure list of accessories I see they have wireless charging as a plug in for the lower variants. Has anyone got this done?
Old 21st August 2022, 22:04   #6572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayXR View Post
Yes, I have. In fact quite recently I started experiencing it on my 5 Year old Volkswagen Ameo...
Oh, I see. But at least that's a 5-year-old vehicle whereas this is just a month old. Def. needs to be rechecked I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Is it that the 2 out of 10 times you experience this is when the car has been parked for more than a couple of days?...
No. In my case, this has been an issue even when I use the vehicle regularly. In fact, ever since we bought this vehicle, it hasn't been parked unused for even a single day, it's a pleasure to drive this vehicle, so either it's work or just a casual drive, it has been consistently taken out for a ride.

This is my first AT vehicle, all my other vehicles are MT. Didn't know ATs have this kinda issue. That's def. helpful info. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
When the engine is cold, the car idles at a higher rpm for around a minute before it settles down to the normal idle rpm. Try waiting for the rpm to settle down to see if that higher rpm is the issue...
I didn't know this. Will def. try this out. Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPratik519 View Post
I think I also noticed same during the cold starts I think it’s because the RPM goes above 1000 to bring up the oil temperature . If I release the break completely during this time then car just jumps ahead instead of going into creep mode....
I frankly didn't monitor the RPM every time. I'd simply start and attempt to move ahead but after reading through the replies, it seems that's something I should be looking at and try to warm it up a bit before moving forward.

Appreciate everyones' replies and tips. Thank you!
Old 21st August 2022, 22:20   #6573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post

No. In my case, this has been an issue even when I use the vehicle regularly. In fact, ever since we bought this vehicle, it hasn't been parked unused for even a single day, it's a pleasure to drive this vehicle, so either it's work or just a casual drive, it has been consistently taken out for a ride.
Can you confirm is the EPB is engaged (if the EPB is lit red). That could also result in a slight jerk. I manually release the EPB before shifting to D and then letting the car creep forward. Alternatively you can tap the accelerator slight hard, and the EPB disengages automatically and the car will move forward albeit with a slight jerk. This is normal I believe.

Cheers!
Old 21st August 2022, 22:30   #6574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
Can you confirm is the EPB is engaged (if the EPB is lit red). That could also result in a slight jerk...
I make sure to turn off EPB before releasing the brake. It's become a habit to put on the seat belts, make sure auto-hold is off, and manually turn off EPB (if it doesn't already when shifted to D) before beginning to move ahead.

Once I did tap on the accelerator when it didn't move at all and boy the sudden movement with power was so quick, that I had to apply brakes immediately, would've touched other cars.

I'll keep an eye on the RPM and other things next time this happens to see if there's something going on. Probably have to closely monitor for the next several cold starts.
Old 21st August 2022, 22:46   #6575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Once I did tap on the accelerator when it didn't move at all and boy the sudden movement with power was so quick, that I had to apply brakes immediately, would've touched other cars.
In that case you should get the service centre to diagnose the issue.
Cheers!
Old 21st August 2022, 23:26   #6576
BHPian

Hi All,
Sharing my ownership experience till now
5000 KM ownership update
Model - AX7 P AT
Month of manufacturing - Jan 2022, delivery in Feb 2022

TL;DR - Mahindra R&D team has done wonders, I am a fan of the vehicle & always keep looking for a reason to go on long trips. There are some rough edges in the product, but they do not spoil the ownership experience.

Since this post is goin to be more on the positive aspects, I will list out the niggles first & get them out of the way.
Niggles
1. The infotainment unit - Google map freezes up sometimes, it gets solved by reconnecting android auto.
One time the unit got frozen up so bad that the radio was playing even after I switched off the vehicle. The radio switched off a good 2 mins after the car's ignition was turned off. However this happened only once
2. Brake sound - The brakes make a creaking noise when the vehicle is moved from standstill. It is more pronounced when the RPMs are high due to a cold start. It is annoying, but bearable
3. Suspension sound - Not noticed. Only when the vehicle passes over large bumps the suspension makes a sound.
4. Rattles - None noted till date. cabin is very silent & any lose item can make a sound which is audible.
5. Glove box - The glove box in my car has a defect & gets stuck many times. I have shown this to the service center, & it will be replaced FOC in the next service. But this reflects poor QC by M&M.
6. Football in the back - The vehicle makes a 'dub dub' sound from the back when the fuel tank is full & there is a sharp lateral movement of the vehicle.
7. Fuel level indicator - The car shows low fuel alert when there is a good 18-20 ltr fuel in the tank. This results in frequent trips to the fuel bunk & a feeling that the vehicle is using up a lot of fuel.

Driving experience
City driving
- Car is easily maneuverable. Changing lanes is easier than my previous car (i20). The gearbox is well tuned & need for manual shifts is not felt. Though I would have liked a little early upshifts in city driving, but the car upshifts only post 2K rpm.
Turning radius is decent & vehicle is manageable in U - turns. Only during parking the vehicle makes its size apparent & some planning is required for parking the vehicle in a busy area.
Fuel efficiency - 8-10 KMPL, short runs with bumper to bumper traffic 6-7 KMPL

Highway driving - This is where the vehicle comes into its own. It is a comfortable cruiser & doesn't tire the driver or the passengers resulting in less frequent stops on a long run and less fatigue at the end of the drive.
Power is always available & overtakes are extremely easy. You will never need to drive too fast & still arrive much earlier than the ETA shown on google maps. Max I have touched is only 120 KMPH on an open stretch of road.
Long highway drives is what the car is built for & you would always be planning your next road trip.
Power is sufficient to keep up with the BMWs on the highway.
Fuel efficiency - 11 - 12.5 KMPL. 13.X on ACC.

Driving in the hills - Based on my experience with modest inclines of Nandi hills & Chikmagalur, the vehicle is never short of power with 5 people + luggage on board. However I felt on some of the inclines the car was very late to upshift from 2nd & 3rd gears (more than 2.6K RPM), I manually upshifted on these instances. Is it normal for the car to do this? Anyway to avoid this?
Cornering is well controlled & car gives a lot of confidence, however it makes it's weight felt on sharp corners. So keeping an eye on the speedometer is essential, especially when going down hill.
The FWD car is NOT an off-roader by any stretch of imagination. If you plan to go offroading make sure you by the AWD version or some other vehicle.
Fuel efficiency - On a recent trip to Chikmagalur the vehicle gave over all efficiency of 12.5 KMPL, did not get a chance to check it exclusively in the hills.

Other thoughts
- I feel I have become a much more responsible driver after driving a bigger car. I no longer cut across lanes & prefer to drive in my own lane at a safe distance. The moment I see a rash drivers come close in the mirror, I give them space to overtake.
- Alexa & Panoramic sunroof sound gimmicky features but they enhance the ownership experience. My sunroof curtain is mostly open & alexa is called upon as soon as my son gets into the car.
- The vehicle is surprisingly fuel efficient for its size & power.
- Mahindra service is far behind in terms of reliability & competence. While escalations do get taken care of & the service staff are worried about bad feedback. The staff is simply not having enough professional & technical skills to cater to this customer segment. Company needs to work on it big time.
- Buying M&M stock on the next dip makes a lot of sense, they are making vehicles of international standard now and can certainly expect good growth in the future.

Some photos of the vehicle

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220821-9.56.09-pm.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220821-9.56.09-pm-1.jpeg

The sunroof always makes the back seat more pleasurable
Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20220821-9.53.27-pm.jpeg
nickelniks is offline   (65) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 09:45   #6577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
The gearbox is well tuned & need for manual shifts is not felt. Though I would have liked a little early upshifts in city driving, but the car upshifts only post 2K rpm.
This is how it is because MnM always tunes its AT gearboxes to maximise driveability and not upshift at the earliest point to maximise FE. The power availability on tap is given priority.

Quote:
However I felt on some of the inclines the car was very late to upshift from 2nd & 3rd gears (more than 2.6K RPM), I manually upshifted on these instances. Is it normal for the car to do this? Anyway to avoid this?
Quite normal. There are sensors that detect incline and give inputs to the ECU to hold the gear and also when going up an incline you would need more power to achieve lockup in a torque converter. Completely normal, even when using manual mode, I don't think the ECU would let you upshift sooner than it would itself. It's just fine
shrk_18 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 11:45   #6578
BHPian

Went for first Service and asked if it's possible to integrate Front Parking Sensors into Adrenox in my AX5 D AT.
They said no, only reverse camera can is allowed, rest everything is blocked at software level.
Front parking sensors would be great for the size of tis vehicle and should be allowed to install at Dealership level.
Old 22nd August 2022, 11:55   #6579
BHPian

Quote:
Power is sufficient to keep up with the BMWs on the highway.
Fuel efficiency - 11 - 12.5 KMPL. 13.X on ACC.

Fuel efficiency - On a recent trip to Chikmagalur the vehicle gave over all efficiency of 12.5 KMPL, did not get a chance to check it exclusively in the hills.
Excuse me for being unaware of terrain, but this trip included hill drive as well and what percent of total trip?

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 22nd August 2022 at 11:58.
Old 22nd August 2022, 13:04   #6580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi All,
Sharing my ownership experience till now
5000 KM ownership update
Model - AX7 P AT
Month of manufacturing - Jan 2022, delivery in Feb 2022
Thanks for sharing the experience and wish you many happy miles

Couldn't help but notice that you got the delivery within a month of booking! How did you manage that? Any pointers if you don't mind sharing.
Old 22nd August 2022, 14:08   #6581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSoms View Post
Hi, in the dealers brochure list of accessories I see they have wireless charging as a plug in for the lower variants. Has anyone got this done?
Mahindra has stopped providing it as an accessory. Even if you get one it's very slow. But I have built a custom enclosure and wireless charger myself and it supports fast wireless charging as well.
Old 22nd August 2022, 14:34   #6582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
Mahindra has stopped providing it as an accessory. Even if you get one it's very slow. But I have built a custom enclosure and wireless charger myself and it supports fast wireless charging as well.
Hey, thanks so much for the info. Curious to know about your setup. Could you please share more information about it. Is it installed at the same place where the OEM wireless charger is?
Old 22nd August 2022, 14:39   #6583
BHPian

Hi Guys, I have booked the AX5 Petrol AT 5 seater. I booked it directly at the dealer and they mentioned that they will update it at the website. While i can now see my booking at the website, the status is 'Order Confirmed'. Haven't seen a status like this in most of the screen shots that i have seen. Also i don't have that button that says 'Track my Order'.

Any thoughts?
Old 22nd August 2022, 14:57   #6584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
Went for first Service and asked if it's possible to integrate Front Parking Sensors into Adrenox in my AX5 D AT.
They said no, only reverse camera can is allowed, rest everything is blocked at software level.
Front parking sensors would be great for the size of tis vehicle and should be allowed to install at Dealership level.
I agree, for the size of the car it should have front parking sensors or aftermarket sensors should be enabled in the software.
Old 22nd August 2022, 15:06   #6585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
I agree, for the size of the car it should have front parking sensors or aftermarket sensors should be enabled in the software.
Yeah, front Parking Sensors can be quite handy, specially at corners.
Even recently launched humble Alto has Front Parking Sensors available as accessory!

Most Viewed