Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2022, 08:53   #6631
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
Has anyone put any sunshades or sunfilms in their XUV 700? I am looking for options
I have put both,DM me separately to discuss the options
rambharat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 09:45   #6632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
I have put both,DM me separately to discuss the options
If you don't mind, could you share it on this thread itself? I am looking for sun shades as well and I am sure there will be many more looking for the same.
Old 25th August 2022, 09:53   #6633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
If you don't mind, could you share it on this thread itself? I am looking for sun shades as well and I am sure there will be many more looking for the same.
I have pur 3M CR70 on all glasses, front and rear windshield and 3M CR40 for the sunroof. I don't use shades.
shrk_18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 11:24   #6634

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelniks View Post
Hi All,
Sharing my ownership experience till now
5000 KM ownership update
Model - AX7 P AT
Month of manufacturing - Jan 2022, delivery in Feb 2022
Perfectly summarised. EXACTLY my experience so far at 4000 KM

Last edited by Zappo : 25th August 2022 at 11:45. Reason: Please desist from quoting an entire post for a liner reply.
Picard Jean-Luc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 16:37   #6635
BHPian

Just got this email.
CarPlay is finally here.

----
We understand that you have been waiting for Apple CarPlay availability on the XUV700. We are thrilled to inform you that the CarPlay feature will now be available on XUV700 from 5th September'22. The XUV700-integrated CarPlay will come with some exciting Industry-first features that are optimized across our Superscreen dashboard, such as CarPlay Navigation rendering in Cluster, "Enhanced SIRI" support etc.
This feature will be active on all deliveries post 5th September’22. You may get in touch with the dealership in case of any concerns.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20220825-163653.png  

wooka is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 20:50   #6636
BHPian

Just completed 8000 kms on my XUV7OO D AT and recently had the opportunity for a very long drive i.e from Pune to Bharatpur in Rajasthan, around 1300 kms, this is what highlights my experience:

1. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive on highways, in fact long open highways is what its made for, whatever you want to do, be it just cruising at normal speeds or zooming across open stretches, the vehicle is always up for it.

2. Since the trip was quite long, I could try different drive mode and speed combinations to test the mileage, in zap mode the sweet spot is 95 to 100kms and in zoom mode it is 105 to 110 kms per hour for maximum fuel efficiency which was between 17 to 18 for me with AC on and 3 people on board including me, wife and son.

3. There is no dearth of power for overtaking be it squeezing between trucks which occupy both lanes of the highway and give only a 10 meter window or some over enthusiastic creta/seltos/alcazar etc.

4. Also tried ADAS, but the traffic I faced was very erratic, nonetheless it is very helpful and enhances endurance as you feel less tired. Lane assist is very prompt too.

5. Braking is never a problem, a special mention here for guys traveling through MP or Rajasthan, be very careful of stray cattle on the highway, I have seen 4-5 accidents on the highway like rear ending or vehicles skidding off trying to protect the cattle. An excited Buffalo smashed it's head into one of my orvm, fortunately only the glass part of the mirror shifted out of the bracket slightly and was restored easily by hand. I had to apply emergency braking quite a few times and would highly recommend that you reduce your speed gradually once you witness any cattle. The real problem is when a Buffalo or black cow is lurking on the highway and you have to look into high beams of oncoming traffic. Any ways braking was reliable for me. Maybe the highway or toll authorities can deploy some of their staff to check the roads for stray cattle on an hourly basis, some of the toll booth staff are available most of the time as they don't have to man the booths like before after the advent of fastag.

6. Suspension is quite good, since it was the rainy season I was showered with all kinds of rain very frequently, sometimes even cloudburst kind, the rains have created some large craters on the roads and the water makes them almost invisible, the vehicle jumped across all kinds of craters at uncomfortable speeds but no problem was encountered. Heard all kinds of noise from the suspension when going at high speed over potholes, even a blasting noise from both the front suspensions, but thankfully no damage was noticed.

7. I enjoy night driving most of the time, The booster lamps that come into play after 80kph are helpful but I found them too good sometimes, if there is any reflective surface ahead, it just becomes very bright and even affected visibility for me. Otherwise the lights are very good and make driving easier.

8. The football in the hood is very much a reality, and some times I start to anticipate the sound after braking.

9. Both front and rear wipers do their job very well and the auto mode is prompt most of the time.

10. After an 8 hour continuous run the engine-bonnet area did not heat up much and there was slight change in the firing sound when idling.

The vehicle is a pleasure to drive and I have already completed 8k kms in just above 2 months, looking for more soon.

Mod Note: Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 26th August 2022 at 10:25. Reason: High speed mention
Dark water is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 23:30   #6637
sbm
BHPian

Guys, has anyone installed puddle lamps in their AX5 and below variant cars? I can't find one on the m2all website, but I guess if a suitable lamp is available in the aftermarket, it can be powered from the illuminated scuff plate power source.
Old 26th August 2022, 00:42   #6638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Guys, has anyone installed puddle lamps in their AX5 and below variant cars? I can't find one on the m2all website, but I guess if a suitable lamp is available in the aftermarket, it can be powered from the illuminated scuff plate power source.
I would like to do this as well, however scuff plates are on “always on” mode and more so powered by wiring under the dash. Puddle lamps on the other hand would have to be linked to door open action. M2All did have a logo projector lamp, which can be a similar substitute to a traditional puddle lamp.
Old 26th August 2022, 00:50   #6639
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
I would like to do this as well, however scuff plates are on “always on” mode and more so powered by wiring under the dash. Puddle lamps on the other hand would have to be linked to door open action. M2All did have a logo projector lamp, which can be a similar substitute to a traditional puddle lamp.
I can't find the logo projector for XUV700. Can you please post a link here.
Old 26th August 2022, 01:13   #6640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I can't find the logo projector for XUV700. Can you please post a link here.
Can’t find it online, however have seen one at the showroom and it’s there in the accessories catalogue. Picture attached.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-ccaccf414f7648a4afe393c75896f10d.jpeg

Can someone clarify for me how the rear indicator lights are on AX5 look now that they are not sequential anymore. Does the part which is on the boot lid not glow at all?
Old 26th August 2022, 09:07   #6641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
2. Since the trip was quite long, I could try different drive mode and speed combinations to test the mileage, in zap mode the sweet spot is 95 to 100kms and in zoom mode it is 105 to 110 kms per hour for maximum fuel efficiency which was between 17 to 18 for me with AC on and 3 people on board including me, wife and son.

3. There is no dearth of power for overtaking be it squeezing between trucks which occupy both lanes of the highway and give only a 10 meter window or some over enthusiastic creta/seltos/alcazar etc.
Is there continuous beeping after 120KMPH as a part of an overspeed warning? If so, how annoying is it?
Have you ever considered disabling it (if it is possible)?
Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 29th August 2022 at 19:03. Reason: Quoted text edited
Old 26th August 2022, 12:10   #6642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
I have put the sunfilm as well as sunshades. Sunfilm filters 30% ( so its not blacked out that much). The sunshades are magnetic ones with Zip( for the front windows). Sunshades cost me 1200 and sunfilm around 2k. Overall very good protection from Sun and light . Plus the vehicle looks awesome in appearance( white car with black windows )
rambharat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 12:13   #6643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooka View Post
Just got this email.
CarPlay is finally here.

----
We understand that you have been waiting for Apple CarPlay availability on the XUV700. We are thrilled to inform you that the CarPlay feature will now be available on XUV700 from 5th September'22. The XUV700-integrated CarPlay will come with some exciting Industry-first features that are optimized across our Superscreen dashboard, such as CarPlay Navigation rendering in Cluster, "Enhanced SIRI" support etc.
This feature will be active on all deliveries post 5th September’22. You may get in touch with the dealership in case of any concerns.
Not able to find this on the marketing material, is the Apple CarPlay connectivity wireless or wired? Can anyone who’s beta tested this please clarify?
Old 26th August 2022, 12:38   #6644
BHPian

Just finished a trip to Goa. It was around 1500 Kms to and fro. Some points to highlight

1) Car rides like a breeze. I took the pune-bangalore highway till dharwad and easily reached highway speeds. No vibration,no rattling sounds at all. Put the music on and even the wind noise is not felt. The stability of the vehicle is awesome. Kudos to Mahindra.
2) Tested the AWD on the Ghat section and it was a piece of cake. Could clearly see the torque going to all the wheels and the car glided through the potholes and no-roads.
3) Haven't faced the suspension issue which others in the forum have mentioned. Mine is AX7L AWD White.
4) The only issue I faced is with Android Auto. Wireless AA doesn't work with my phone ( Realme XT), with wired it is random, works sometimes,doesn't work sometimes and so. Not sure how to resolve this. Any pointers ??
5) I got an FE of 14+ if speed is maintained around 80-100. You go beyond 120 and FE drops to 12. Keeping it in CC at around 80-90 gives the best FE. I got till around 17-18 this way.
6) Its very difficult to keep the car in 80 speeds mainly on open highways. The car begs to be driven fast.
7) ACC works awesome. The only problem is that you will feel drowsy as you have nothing else to do. But a good option if you want some rest for your feet plus you want some good FE.
8) Got an issue with the brackets for the side steps. I got after-market ones and the brackets are U-Shaped. On uneven speed breakers or deep potholes, the brackets scrape against the road causing jitters. Have to change them to L-Shaped ones ( if possible).
9) Lights of the vehicle work perfectly but i felt visibility is impaired during heavy rains mainly at night time.
10) Have an issue with the audio system. Wifey always complains that the sound doesnt reach the second row unless you push the volume above 14. It sound good in first row, but somehow its subdued in the second and third rows. Have tried multiple combinations but none works. Any pointers ??
11) Got some tar splashes on the side doors and some minor scratches from chips flying off the road. Any pointers on how to remove them ? Will rubbing compounds work ? I have ceramic coating on the vehicle , so not sure what all can be done here.
12) No issues with any other features ( electrical,electronic,mechanical) with the vehicle. Very happy overall

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th August 2022 at 09:51. Reason: Do not mention illegal driving speeds.
rambharat is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 12:50   #6645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Not able to find this on the marketing material, is the Apple CarPlay connectivity wireless or wired? Can anyone who’s beta tested this please clarify?
It's wireless. The brochure mentions it clearly. As for the beta, I'm pretty sure there was no public beta, there's not a single picture/video of this so-called beta. Only Mahindra employees might have had access to an internal build.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks