Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2022, 12:59   #6646
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I was out of the country due to my job and just came back a few days before.
Have completed 4000 KM on ODO in AX7 L Diesel Automatic. I have recently visited the Mahindra service center 2 days before and the system was updated to the latest version.

Few observations:-

1) Alexa is still a mystery, Alexa is not available most of the time and will be available once a week on random startups. The Alexa symbol is not there on the display and when it comes you will get to know that Alexa is available till the next shutdown. Would like to mention that Car signals are good at all times (on the display) but Alexa is not available at all. Have tried resetting the system and software update at the service center 3 times, since delivery I am facing this issue. I feel like Mahindra should come up with the fix as soon as possible. There is no point spending this much and then you are still waiting for the fix. It's almost a year now.

2) Football in the boot is another issue, but still manageable with music.

3) Mahindra integrated maps were showing my location on a different street in Chandigarh and need to be fixed, I would not be able to rely on Mahindra maps at all because of this issue. I don't know what causes this, but during my entire stay at Chandigarh, my location on Mahindra maps was always on a different street, and then it keeps on jumping here and there.

4) Jalandhar to Chandigarh and the way back was a smooth trip.

5) Still awaiting for Mahindra to provide the option of normal cruise control in the AX7L version as adaptive cruise control is not usable in my city at all. This can be fixed with a simple software update.

Overall it's a Nice SUV but you need to visit the service center once every week to sort out the issues, especially software based.
rpmmachine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 13:21   #6647

I have seen a lot of posts about football in the boot scenario. I observe it as well on low speeds (AX7L P) though not frequently. What is the exact reason for it and is there a solution for it from Mahindra?
Picard Jean-Luc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 15:28   #6648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambharat View Post
I have put the sunfilm as well as sunshades. Sunfilm filters 30% ( so its not blacked out that much). The sunshades are magnetic ones with Zip( for the front windows). Sunshades cost me 1200 and sunfilm around 2k. Overall very good protection from Sun and light . Plus the vehicle looks awesome in appearance( white car with black windows )
Thanks! Where did you purchase the magnetic shades? Are they available for all three rows?
Old 26th August 2022, 15:45   #6649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
Thanks! Where did you purchase the magnetic shades? Are they available for all three rows?
You can get it from any car accessories store. And yes, they are for all the 3 rows with the first rows coming with the zipper feature.
rambharat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 16:55   #6650

I am also waiting for Ax7 P AT, the date has moved from Jan 24 to Mar 23 now. Just want to understand if any e has taken delivery recently of an Ax7 model without the luxury pack? Need to know if it still has adaptive cruise control. Also is it having sequential turn indicator. Last time they changed these in the feature list after Scorpio was launched. It would be disappointing if both these are removed from Ax7 Variant
Old 26th August 2022, 23:45   #6651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
My SA in Bangalore says the non-Luxury variants, esp MX, AX3 & AX5 are readily available.
Same case in Mumbai. Made the booking last week assuming I will get to enjoy couple of months shortlisting and finalising. But all dealers are coming back with MX Diesel available readily and pushing me to take the car

Now I am confused whether to go for a manual XUV to enjoy a big car as we already have a Nios AMT or go for another Automatic CSUV/Sedan.
Old 26th August 2022, 23:45   #6652

Saw this post on Twitter. Speakers of Scorpio N exposed beneath Sunroof. Is this true?

https://twitter.com/jmatang02/status...jO_vPPMKg&s=08

Last edited by Ragsk747 : 26th August 2022 at 23:50.
Old 27th August 2022, 00:02   #6653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
My SA in Bangalore says the non-Luxury variants, esp MX, AX3 & AX5 are readily available.
Hey can you share your SA's number ? And which showroom is this?
Old 27th August 2022, 01:12   #6654
BHPian

Does anyone know how to link the car number with the fast tag from BoB?

I got this fast tag from the dealer at the time of purchase but the problem is, that no third-party apps are able to find the tag details by vehicle number and there's only one app that lets you recharge through the card number itself and that's a bit annoying plus I don't have an account with BoB.

Another option I think is to remove and get a new tag. How do you deactivate this existing tag in that case?
Old 27th August 2022, 07:43   #6655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post

I got this fast tag from the dealer at the time of purchase but the problem is, that no third-party apps are able to find the tag details by vehicle number and there's only one app that lets you recharge through the card number itself and that's a bit annoying plus I don't have an account with BoB.

Another option I think is to remove and get a new tag. How do you deactivate this existing tag in that case?
I too have the BoB fastag. Try using paytm which will allow you to recharge the tag very easily. I am currently using that.
jkocherry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 08:58   #6656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNL_Bandi View Post
Is there continuous beeping after 120KMPH as a part of an overspeed warning? If so, how annoying is it?
Have you ever considered disabling it (if it is possible)?
Thanks
Hi, continous beeping is there after 120 and once it starts the beeping stops only after the vehicle is slowed down to 115kph. I did not find it that annoying and my wife and son were able to sleep through it. For reference, the seat belt warning is very annoying and it is very hard to live with it. I can only compare it to a venue that I had driven some time ago where the occupants were very angry with me crossing 120 as the beep was very annoying and they couldn't sleep. For now I am not considering disabling it, as it helps with the mileage and you would more often let go the accelerator pedal once you hear it

Although it would be a larger debate but the government should consider doing away with the warning beep over 120 as it is more of a distraction, which is not good at high speeds. Also, given the fact that we have expressways coming up which permit 120 kph speeds the continuous beeping will only take the fun out of it.
The present maximum speed limit for most of the highways is 100kph, and the vehicle shifts to the top gear only at 103-104 in zoom mode, hence It is anyway hard to play within the limits with such a vehicle. Only solution is to have better roads I believe, until then it would be better we stick to the limits.
Thanks

Disclaimer: it is strongly recommended that one should drive within the limits set up by the government and unsafe driving should be discouraged, I could only try the upper speeds of the vehicle on open roads with no visible obstruction, which again is not appropriate.

Last edited by Dark water : 27th August 2022 at 09:12.
Dark water is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 10:01   #6657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
Similar sun shades are available on Amazon.in also.

Quote:
Go to Gpay and type fastag; you'll get a list of all fastags, including BOB. Choose the one you want to recharge and make the payment.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 10:23   #6658
BHPian

Quote:

I have a BoB fasting and it was setup with the registration number at the time of delivery. But even it wasn't you can call their helpline and they will do it provided you give them the RC copy to do so.

If it wasn't setup with the registration number, you can use your chassis number with the usual NETC format and that will work as well. I use either BHIM or one of the UPI apps to charge all of my fasttags
shrk_18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 11:03   #6659

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
The camera guidelines seem to be aligned perfectly in your car, while many have complained that it's pointing towards the sky in theirs. Have they used any special procedures for the installation?
There's no special procedure I just asked their technician to physically lower the camera through adjustable screws to cover the blind spots in the bottom of rear side like pavements. However since the camera is off centre there's still some blind spots on edge of driver's side.
Old 27th August 2022, 13:40   #6660
BHPian

A weird niggle cropped up yesterday in my AX7 P AT:

I had filled about 15 litres of petrol in the evening for a run around town for some work. The fuel indicator showed the requisite increment in fuel in the car and was reflected in the approx range on the MID as well. After a couple of hours, post a few stops, had halted at a location for over half an hour. Came back and started the car to be greeted with the "Low Fuel" audio warning and the blinking notification. The fuel indicator on the left was constantly blinking and the level was glaring red. The range however was still showing a comfortable 222 km more to go. Also, since I had just filled up fuel a few hours ago and that too from my regular HPCL outlet, I was confident about the range indicated on the MID, even though it's an approximation. By this time, I had barely driven 20 kms and definitely not 200 kms; plus there wasn't any bumper-to-bumper traffic either so there was no reason for the range to dip to such a monstrous extent.

First thought: is there fuel leakage? Stepped down from the car and examined the car and the underbelly with the phone flashlight. Everything seemed to be in place and no indication of leakage whatsoever, no smell either inside or outside the car. Tried shutting off the vehicle completely and restarting around 3-4 times but the same recurring issue constantly.

Finally decided to take a break and just walk around the block for a bit and try restarting after around 10 mins. Went back and fired the ignition, praying all the while for things to be right. Lo and behold, the boot-up happened normally and everything was spick & span, like nothing ever happened. Drove for a km or so and the Adrenox app sent multiple notifications stating "Fuel Filled", these had not arrived when I had actually filled fuel a few hours ago.

Not sure what the niggle is, but will be taking the car to the Service Centre in a few days for the Apple Carplay update; have to get this checked then.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220826_200746_673.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20220827wa0001.jpg  

Last edited by IamNikhil : 27th August 2022 at 13:43. Reason: Typo
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks