Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2022, 18:06   #6871
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar* View Post
After a series of twists and turns, I am getting my XUV 700 AX7L D AT next week

Can somebody help me with the below questions?

1. Despite the variant being AX7 L, it still came without rear sequential indicators. Should I press for the replacement in writing? Anybody who has recently taken the delivery can help with this.

2. I am only looking for some minimal accessories like Screengaurd, SD card, Pedal Cover, Scuff plates etc. Any suggestions for some other useful accessories? How good are Mahindra's 3D mats? how good is the 7D compared to the 3D ones?

3. How good is the side step? I may need one but will add it after taking the delivery. I am worried if it will stick out of the body, any views on this?

4. The car will be used as a 5-seater most of the time. How good is the 5-seater's boot mat with the last row folded?

Do suggest if I am missing any and anything I should look out for.
1. Rear sequential light will be installed after a couple of months
2.I find these accessories useful: scuff plates in all four doors and dickey, mud flaps, screen guard, all from Mahindra. Sunshades from Starlite, magnetic ones. Floor Mats from Pharaoh (since Kagu does not make them for XUV700), supplier Hot Tracks.
3. Side Step, the one by Mahindra is good and sturdy. Side step is helpful for people to get in and also protects the vehicle.
4. For the dicky with third row seats folded, I have bought a cheap double pile carpet in dark grey colour and cut it to the size of the space. I roll it up and keep in garage whenever I am using the third row.
Hope this helps.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 18:33   #6872

Got the CarPlay update today. Everything running as expected. Google maps on large screen is really a must have.

The technician told me that there are failure cases as well where the car doesn’t pick up the pen drive and that’s resulting in silver box failing. At least 12 failures have already happened with silver box ordered under warranty.

Good Luck to everyone going for the update.
Old 9th September 2022, 19:05   #6873
BHPian

Where do the wait times stand now? 12m+ ?
Old 9th September 2022, 19:09   #6874
BHPian

I had complained Mahindra about the suspension noise and had also shared the videos that I had taken using the GoPro mounted on the doors. After thorough check-up they decided to change the Suspension mounts.

It took almost 3 weeks for the dealership to arrange for the mounts. I am not sure why it took so much time for arranging a basic part like suspension mounts.

I gave the car to Hare Krishan Mahindra Mumbai yesterday. Apparently their system also showed following service actions;

- ESCL Flashing
- DATC ECU Flashing (Dual Zone AC management)
- Silverbox Flashing (Apple CarPlay)

My car also had an issue with the left door handle not getting retracted fully for which I was told that they will replace the internal mechanism.

I was promised that all the necessary work would be completed the same day and car would be returned in evening, which did not happen as some of the software updates were still pending. Got an assurance that the car shall be delivered today.

I was hoping that no major issue would arise as flashing would be pretty straight forward, but seems like I am wrong. Today evening, when I called the CoTec I got to know that while DATC Flashing, they had encountered a crash and after that, they are not able to update the DATC software.

They had escalated the issue to Mahindra and a team from Mahindra was trying to get the issue fixed remotely by logging into the dealership system but no luck so far

I am afraid, what would happen if the crash during flashing has bricked the ECU. Not sure how many more days car will have to be kept in workshop.

Has anyone else faced such an issue? If yes, what was the resolution and how many days it took for Mahindra to get it fixed?
bill1182 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 19:26   #6875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Mahindra has silently slashed the ex-showroom prices of select (AX5 & AX7) variants in the XUV7OO lineup to the tune of 6,000 rupees.
Good move. Appreciated.

I believe this may be possible due to combined effect of declining prices of metals/steel, crude/fuel and restoration of regular supply of electronics/chips. I also believe prices of these commodities (and overall inflation) will further fall in coming weeks unless another adverse event hits.

Vehicle demand is likely to reduce with increasing interest rates, stagnant employment / income levels especially the target customer base in coming weeks. And this price reduction is a great move to keep people interested, especially those who have booked multiple vehicles with long waiting periods.

Standardization of parts/modules across different vehicles/variants can also help in cost reduction with improved economies of scale. And that can also help reduce cost of ownership, which can make the vehicle approach popularity levels once enjoyed by the industry leader (volume/small cars maker). This can only help delay ICE vehicles going out of fashion as EVs and Hydrogen vehicles start getting volumes.

I hope M&M revises specs and adds a few missing features to make products and brand much more competitive and respectable against Korean, Chinese and European brands. Most competition is expected to launch new / revised products with some really useful features which are missing in M&M vehicles. I was pretty disappointed for missing cruise control, auto HL/rain sensing wipers (even XUV500 W6, the lowest variant during its launch had these), parking assist camera, TPMS, auto dimming mirrors etc in mid variants, and ventilated seats, hydrophobic/heated ORVM, HUD display, motorized boot door etc in higher variants.
Old 9th September 2022, 20:09   #6876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
3. I had booked AX7L Petrol AT in Red Rage color. There were 11 bookings ahead of me with same parameters and waiting period was adding time and cost, hence chose to go pre-owned route.
Curious to know how did you get to know how many bookings were before you?

Cheers,
Vins
Old 9th September 2022, 20:19   #6877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaljain View Post
Mahindra XUV700 Facelift is expected to be launched in India in the coming months or in early 2023 with minor changes
Looks like a attention seeking or click bait news from Gadiwadi. The limited information in the news did not qualify this so called XUV7oo as a facelift. Even if we consider a facelift, then XUV7oo already have few facelift- i.e. removal of additional key fobs, removal of sequential indicators etc.
UD17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 21:12   #6878
sbm
BHPian

In the light of these reports of suspected Silver Box failures during the CarPlay update, I think we should wait it out until the bugs in this update are resolved. I know iPhone users must have been waiting for this feature in their cars for a long time, but it's better to wait a month or two rather than get their car stranded.
sbm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 22:54   #6879
BHPian

Quote:
2. I am only looking for some minimal accessories like Screengaurd, SD card, Pedal Cover, Scuff plates etc. Any suggestions for some other useful accessories? How good are Mahindra's 3D mats? how good is the 7D compared to the 3D ones?

3. How good is the side step? I may need one but will add it after taking the delivery. I am worried if it will stick out of the body, any views on this?

Do suggest if I am missing any and anything I should look out for.
Going against popular opinion on the forum: I got my 3D mats from Mahindra (did not like the 5D and 7D options) and I am actually quite happy with them. They fit well and look good. I couldn't find anything meaningful on Amazon and Kagu is yet to come out with their mats. You can probably get something cheaper but I don't have the bandwidth to spend a weekend scouting local accessory stores to save a few hundred rupees. To each his own I guess.

The only other accessories I were got scuff plates and pedal covers.

I considered the side step but wasn't sure I really needed it. Also, these side steps reduce the ground clearance by a bit so not sure about it. As of now, the elderly folks in the family seem to be doing fine without the side step. I'll play this by ear.

Hope this helps.
charade is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2022, 23:43   #6880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmeet View Post
we got home XUV700 MX Petrol in the first week of April. I love the bang for buck spent on this car. Heres a m
I see very few MX variant owners on the forum. What’s your perspective after 5 months on the vehicle, especially on city drivability.
Old 10th September 2022, 02:50   #6881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Mahindra has silently slashed the ex-showroom prices...
Heard they're expected to increase prices by 2% later this month?

Is this some kinda pre-increase tactic, people feel how generous of them to slash only to pay more later
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 09:26   #6882

Quote:
After a series of twists and turns, I am getting my XUV 700 AX7L D AT next week

1 - The dealer will make you sign a document that clearly states that you will be given the rear sequential indicators and second key at a later date. You need to sign that you are ok taking the car without it for now so they will get it signed on their own

2 - I honestly didn't like the 3D and 7D mats from Mahindra. So, decided to go with elegant and simple Printed Black Carpet Mats with Rubber Boot Mat for now. I got the car last week only so will probably buy a good 7D mat later on. Other than that, I went for illuminated Scuff Protector, Stainless steel rear bumper, Mud flaps (a must), screen protector (highly recommended) and the chrome kit (got carried away by SA on this one I feel).

3 - If you have old folks in your family who might sit in the car, then go for the side step. Will highly recommend getting it from Mahindra itself. I got it done for my 700.
irfi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 10:14   #6883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vins7 View Post
Curious to know how did you get to know how many bookings were before you?

Cheers,
Vins
You could ask your designated sales executive. Also, when the status of your booking changes, you get an sms, at that time you can check with your sales executive. They will know in each showroom how many orders are pending. One thing they dont know is the pattern in allocation for each showroom, that still is controlled by algorithm I believe.
kiran_cr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 13:31   #6884
BHPian

I have tried to put together a video reviewing the Car Play update that came out recently. I have tried focusing mainly on the bugs and issues that I have been facing since i took the plunge and installed the update.

Key updates:
  • Siri fails to understand basic commands. Enhanced Siri is still a golden deer.
  • The connectivity is a hit or miss. Wireless is very buggy and drops very frequently. Wired works way better.
  • Key functionalities like showing the AC temperature does not work on both Car Play and Android Auto both.
  • Basic functionalities work fine as long as you go back to the ICE main home screen by clicking the Mahindra icon.
normaltusker is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 15:19   #6885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
I have tried to put together a video reviewing the Car Play update
Thanks for the detailed video, explains all the issues nicely. The enhanced Siri, AC temp overlay not working and IC map direction are such glaring bugs I don't understand how Mahindra missed these while testing.

I hope these get fixed but having to get the car to service center again is another major pain. They really need to work on a user upgradable system similar to BMW where you download the update from web and install it from an USB. Almost all Mahindra cars in future are going to rely heavily on software and having the customer visit service centers each time is stupid.
Tanmay007 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks