Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2021, 09:58   #676
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Someone at dealerships mentioned:
- AT AWD is going to be in Petrol too, available at launch.
- Three packs - C, T, L. Not much difference in C and T - T has more tech packs. L is absolute top end.
- The folks who were apprehensive with niggles and went for drive now vouch for the the quality control. Better than recent Thar too.
abirnale is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 10:18   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
Another thing to NOTE is, as per the Variant Listings, The Automatics are available only with the AX7 Variant (petrol and Diesel)
So anyone looking for auto should stretch all the way to AX7.This is not good
Old 9th September 2021, 10:20   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

If the news of delayed launch of AWD is true, it may help the pricing strategy of M&M. They may announce only the FWD top end prices at this point and maybe able to land the AX7 Diesel AT as the topmost variant to be announced on October 2nd at 19.99 lakhs. This gives a good perception advantage that a fully loaded AT top end is available below 20 lakhs.

They can then come back and announce the AWD as an option pack at 1.5 lakhs or so higher at the end of the year or new year, after the value perception is well settled in the minds of customers.

For those keen on AWD, I would not be surprised if the new Scorpio 4X4 arrives even before the XUV 700 AWD comes in.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 10:40   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romil.shroff View Post
I've seen the walkaround videos of the AX3 variant and could confirm, it doesn't the ACC (automatic climate control). So, the first three variants of the XUV 700 will feature the regular manual AC. It's a step down considering the ACC is available, in the W7 variant, of the outgoing XUV 500.
That will be quite a bummer if the AX5, that will cost around Rs 17 lacs on road (depending on the variant), comes with only manual AC. Surely ACC (and they only have to provide single zone) is not a premium feature that need be lavished only on the AX7.
RPM1706 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 10:55   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
That will be quite a bummer if the AX5, that will cost around Rs 17 lacs on road (depending on the variant), comes with only manual AC. Surely ACC (and they only have to provide single zone) is not a premium feature that need be lavished only on the AX7.
Agreed. Jeep didn't provide this feature when the Compass was launched in 2017. Soon, they corrected it by making as a standard feature! Mercedes-Benz, too, didn't equip the 1st gen CLA 200 and 200d with an ACC unit. They corrected it when the facelifted model was launched in late 2016.
romil.shroff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 10:56   #681
BHPian

With some many variants ( & some more to come as per some reports ) and some much speculation going on the specs., lot of confusion around this.

Hope M&M clears this confusion well before bookings open.

Last edited by Manojah : 9th September 2021 at 10:58.
Old 9th September 2021, 11:46   #682
BHPian

Freedom Drive will indeed be coming to all parts of the country.

Name:  Screenshot 20210909 at 11.43.11 AM.png
Views: 862
Size:  150.9 KB

Mahindra XUV700 Review-ne.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-south.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-west.jpeg

Last edited by UltraViolence : 9th September 2021 at 12:15. Reason: Updated one pic in-line with the updated tweet
UltraViolence is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 12:16   #683
Senior - BHPian

Sorry if this has been discussed before. But what exactly is the Freedom Drive, and where do I catch this in Bangalore (on the 11th)? I have registered with them but there has been no call back
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Old 9th September 2021, 12:29   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed before. But what exactly is the Freedom Drive, and where do I catch this in Bangalore (on the 11th)? I have registered with them but there has been no call back
Although I also have not received any official call back even after registering my interest multiple times, I called the local dealer here (Jaipur) and he mentioned the cars will be in the showroom for display on 13th Sep.

I'll advise you to call the nearest dealer and ask for this, they have all the details already with them. Currently I am in Rajasthan so checked with my local dealer here.

Here is my post regarding what exactly this Freedom Drive is.
Quote:
I don't think these cars will stay at the showrooms as permanent display cars. These are a part of their extension to something called "Freedom Drive".

A total of 80 cars will be going to all parts of the country to maintain the hype before its actual booking is announced and to give a chance to the prospective customers to have an up-close look at the car.

Attachment 2202499

In one of the responses to the above tweet they have hinted that people won't be able to take test drives in these "Freedom Drive" cars. They will open test drives at a later stage.
UltraViolence is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 12:55   #685
BHPian

Quote:
It’s just a drive through these cities and major showrooms to create a buzz among the crowd. As per my recent discussion with dealership there won’t be any test drive on these freedom drive vehicles. Just of your eyes. In bangalore the first stop should be at Sireesh auto, Hosur Road (near Silk Board) as they are driving down from Cochin.

A quick overview of the models and features available as of now from the Mahindra website.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-6120c1171cbf4069bb9ee29e29e20429.jpeg  

febin8055 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 13:40   #686
BHPian

It would be a travesty for the AX5 variant to lose out on Auto Climate Control and Automatic Transmission! For a car costing almost 18 lakhs, these will prove to be glaring omissions. Hope these are just rumours; Mahindra will come in for a lot of flak otherwise!
IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 14:25   #687
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2204730

Attachment 2204739

Attachment 2204733

Attachment 2204734
Sadly, I believe J&K is too far for Mahindra to drive to. With three bookings(whenever they open) coming from my extended family, I am not happy at all. Why, Mahindra?
Moto_Bear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 14:45   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
Sadly, I believe J&K is too far for Mahindra to drive to. With three bookings(whenever they open) coming from my extended family, I am not happy at all. Why, Mahindra?
Actually I thought the same too. They should have included more cities in north and north-east region.
So much so for the XUV700 being a proper SUV with AWD, it would have made more sense to cover those regions properly.

Interesting to note is that I saw few XUV700 in Manali-Rohtang in Dec 2020 and also recently there was one youtube video showing the AWD variant with camo near Khardung La.

I hope they make the test drive vehicles readily available through out the country from day one of the booking unlike VAG.
UltraViolence is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 14:54   #689
BHPian

Quote:
In Bangalore, I don't think the dealers are calling the prospective customers as they themselves don't have complete info on the dates. IMO, this Freedom drive is just buying more time from customers for the delay in their launch. M&M and their products are not new and hence don't need this kind of marketing without actually starting the booking process and disclosing the variants and prices.

I spoke to one of the dealers in Bangalore and as per him, XUV700 will have pit-stops at Anant Cars (Bannerghatta road), then to PPS motors (Kanakapura road) and then to Sireesh Auto (Rajaji nagar). I assume it will be starting around 10:30 am and am not sure of rest of the stops.
Carz77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 15:13   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by febin8055 View Post
A quick overview of the models and features available as of now from the Mahindra website.
Surprised to see this as I was assured AX3 Diesel Automatic (although 5 Seater only) will be available when Mahindra representative called me 2 weeks ago.

Mahindra probably gauged that a lot of people want Diesel Automatic, so it may be a good idea to make it available in top trim only but price it very-very aggressively. This strategy makes sense and may turn out to be great for most buyers.

Waiting and watching what will be the final specs and features of variants when they get launched.

Last edited by MaanSingh : 9th September 2021 at 15:25.
MaanSingh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks