Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2022, 16:12   #6886
RVR
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Any idea on what would be the cost of sunfilm installation in Bangalore? 3M is quoting 28k for 5 window + 11k for windscreen for CR70. Sunroof would be on sqft basis.
RVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 18:04   #6887
BHPian

Looks expensive. Mumbai price is 26k to 28k for all windows front and back shield

I installed 3M RE70 for 16K, difference between both versions is that RE70 has 49% heat rejection, CR70 I think has 60 or 65% rejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVR View Post
Any idea on what would be the cost of sunfilm installation in Bangalore? 3M is quoting 28k for 5 window + 11k for windscreen for CR70. Sunroof would be on sqft basis.
niteshsharmab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 18:09   #6888
BHPian

I just placed an order for an ax7L auto. One thing that bugged me was that even this top end model did not have auto dimming rear view mirror. Can one from an xuv300 be retrofitted?
Old 10th September 2022, 18:35   #6889
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea on what would be the cost of sunfilm installation in Bangalore? 3M is quoting 28k for 5 window + 11k for windscreen for CR70.
Would advise against film installation on the front windshield, as water seepage during installation has led to silver box failures in multiple cases. Considering the kind of technology on board the XUV 700, it's not worth risking. Couple of installers I had spoken to had themselves advised against, hence I went ahead with sun film only on all windows except windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Convertible View Post
...even this top end model did not have auto dimming rear view mirror. Can one from an xuv300 be retrofitted?
Mahindra haven't yet provided any option for retrofitting auto-dimming IRVM from any other model. Considering the assembly of the IRVM currently houses the camera/sensors, seems difficult that an auto-dimming IRVM will ever be available. A very disappointing miss from Mahindra frankly, speaks volumes about ridiculous cost-cutting measures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
The enhanced Siri, AC temp overlay not working and IC map direction are such glaring bugs I don't understand how Mahindra missed these while testing.

I hope these get fixed but having to get the car to service center again is another major pain. They really need to work on a user upgradable system similar to BMW. Almost all Mahindra cars in future are going to rely heavily on software and having the customer visit service centers each time is stupid.
It's quite appalling that Mahindra hasn't done basic QC checks even a year after the launch of the car. Since the Apple Carplay was supposed to be under development for almost a year, least one would expect is a bug-free installation. God only knows what's going on within Mahindra. These small things really ruin the experience of owning such a wonderful car otherwise. No person wants to do service centre runs for every little thing, no one has that kind of time in today's day and age.
IamNikhil is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 18:40   #6890
RVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshsharmab View Post
Looks expensive. Mumbai price is 26k to 28k for all windows front and back shield
Visited a local car detailing shop. They are quoting 7k for 4 windows+rear windshield. Quite perplexed with the difference in pricing.
Any pointers for a good sunfilm not flooded with counterfeits
Old 10th September 2022, 19:21   #6891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Convertible View Post
I just placed an order for an ax7L auto. One thing that bugged me was that even this top end model did not have auto dimming rear view mirror. Can one from an xuv300 be retrofitted?
Not sure about the XUV300 one but my guess is yes. Retrofitting auto dimming IRVM on the XUV700 has been successfully done in at least 1 video I saw on Youtube from a Karol Baug shop.

Technically speaking as Nikhil said it could be tricky due to the sensor housing and I’d suggest to properly shield the IRVM cabling if going ahead with the install.
Old 10th September 2022, 19:38   #6892
RVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Would advise against film installation on the front windshield, as water seepage during installation has led to silver box failures in multiple cases.
Agree with you. Initially they quoted 39k overall except sunroof. When I asked them to quote without windshield they gave a quote of 28k
Old 11th September 2022, 01:13   #6893
BHPian

Quote:
Agree with you. Initially they quoted 39k overall except sunroof. When I asked them to quote without windshield they gave a quote of 28k
I was exploring this today and have been getting quotes like 39k for all windows including windshield for CR70 but the same guy offered a discount said final is 30k (windshield included) and told me they've installed it for 6-7 XUV700s already and add a cloth in front for the windshield film installation.

No customers have had any issues it seems. Offered me to stop by their location to see their work happening live with another XUV700 they're working on tomorrow.

I checked with other brands too. Lumar 15k and Garware 10k. I wonder why so much of a difference and what makes 3M better and how do others compare in line?

Any pointers? I would obviously want a VFM solution, not just go for the brand tag and pay a premium for it.
Smartomotive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 10:31   #6894

Installed Apple CarPlay. Took 2 hours and thankfully everything is working fine. Volume can be adjusted through knob and reverse parking is also working great with 360 camera. Sound quality on sony speakers improved drastically when playing music through apple music! All the jarring sound is now gone and staging is perfect. Loved the update!
Old 11th September 2022, 10:46   #6895
BHPian

Quote:
I had a minor left pulling issue which they seem to have fixed for now.
An update on this issue. It was not actually fixed, the service center had instead tweaked the steering wheel position but the left pull persisted.

Went back this time and sat with the technician for a drive, the issue was solved rather quickly. The technician kept stopping the car to adjust the alignment with a spanner somewhere towards the left of the front wheel.

The car now runs straight as an arrow. Hope it stays that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
I checked with other brands too. Lumar 15k and Garware 10k. I wonder why so much of a difference and what makes 3M better and how do others compare in line?
Don't see any point in spending a premium for 3M. Llumar is one of the top most brands in the world and you can safely go for them. 3M has become a rip-off these days, charging exorbitant prices for their products and services, they need to offer competitive pricing now since the quality levels that their competitors provide has gone up significantly.

Quote:
No customers have had any issues it seems.
I agree with Nikhil here. Please never take the word of any of these aftermarket shops, their primary goal is to sell a product. And there will be no warranty for silver box damage due to moisture, from what I've seen so far, it gets damaged pretty easily. (again due to poor design/inadequate protection by Mahindra). It's just not worth the risk. Issues related to water/moisture damage sometimes takes weeks/months to show up.

Last edited by Tanmay007 : 11th September 2022 at 11:00.
Tanmay007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 11:12   #6896
BHPian

Quote:
Don't see any point in spending a premium for 3M. Llumar is one of the top most brands in the world and you can safely go for them.....

I agree with Nikhil here. Please never take the word of any of these aftermarket shops....
Yeah, I feel 3M's premium price tag is not really worth it. Besides, it's not like there's branding all over it anyway...haha so it's kinda useless, if the alternates serve their purpose, then it seems good enough. Appreciate your response.

As for the windshield installation, yes, I too agree with that. I don't intend to install it either. I just mentioned the quotes and what was told to me for others' reference but I'm not really in favor of poking the windshield at this time.

-

Also, btw I got the software updated recently for Apple CarPlay.

Here are the latest version numbers:

Current Package Version: 10.07.51
Map Version: V2021.03 (I think this was not updated, someone please confirm?)
Old 11th September 2022, 11:16   #6897
BHPian

Quote:
Map Version: V2021.03 (I think this was not updated, someone please confirm?)
Yup that's the old map version. The one I got after the CarPlay update is 2021.11.

Quote:
- Map version has been updated to v2021.11 on firmware v10.07.51. The earlier map version was v2021.03 on firmware v8.01.41.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 11:19   #6898
BHPian

Quote:
Yup that's the old map version. The one I got after the CarPlay update is 2021.11.
Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. So I guess I need to take it back, what a pain.

Car has so many features but no OTA updates

I wonder if there are any changelogs published somewhere?
Old 11th September 2022, 14:04   #6899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaljain View Post
Mahindra XUV700 Facelift is expected to be launched in India in the coming months or in early 2023 with minor changes

The interior could gain some new technologies and features and the testing could be done to comply with the more stringent emission standards that are about to be implemented in India in the near future.
That's a pleasant surprise ! I hope they provide the necessary features in the AX5 variant. Wont mind paying a little extra for factory fitted auto folding orvm's ,reverse camera, ambient lights etc.

I posted in this thread last week that we changed our booking from At to Manual (AX 5 P White) and were planning to take delivery next month but sadly that's not happening. Was informed yesterday that this variant/spec is not available and has a long waiting list. Even people with more influence have not gotten the delivery yet. It may take another 6-8 months !
I hope by that time Mahindra will launch the face-lift version with the missing features and fewer niggles.
Old 11th September 2022, 20:36   #6900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirjaipur View Post
Hello everyone, I have still not got floor mats and sunshades for my XUV700 (delivered in April). I had used KAGU 3D mats in my XUV500 and found them the best. They are not available for XUV700 but Hottracks, who used to sell Kagu, has suggested Pharaoh , but Pharaoh are still developing the mats for 7 seater automatic and may take another couple of months. In the meanwhile I came across these ones. Has anyone used them, if yes what is your experience and advice. Also which is a good sunshade?
Hi, I am getting delivery of my XUV 700 5 seater in about 10 days. Do you know the cost of the Pharaoh mats? Their website says 12,000. While they look awesome isn’t that a bit much? I tried calling Pharaoh directly and even Hottracks. But no response. Most probably cause I tried today on a Sunday. Any lead on this would help

Last edited by Aditya : 12th September 2022 at 07:18. Reason: Quote tag fixed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks