Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2022, 15:50   #7276
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
...and with Innova Hycross around the corner, I feel like changing my mind.
We can expect the early batches of Innova Hycross to have its fair share of niggles just like the Crysta had early in its cycle.
Its a typical trait, all 'newly baked' products take time to stabilize.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 4th November 2022 at 15:59.
Old 4th November 2022, 16:08   #7277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar_ka03_mp04 View Post
While I will be doing a PDI before I take a decision, I wanted to check with the members here if it is a vehicle where I won't be visiting the Service Station too often. I am a little skeptical about this after reading a few reviews especially 3-6 months down the line. I do know that no vehicle is perfect but I would appreciate a hassle free ownership. Thanks in Advance.
Quote:
Would like to know if it is possible to ascertain if there have been marked improvements in quality of the XUV 700 (elimination or reduction in niggles) since the first set of owners got their hands on it versus those getting deliveries now. I am tired of waiting with 0 updates from dealer on delivery and with Innova Hycross around the corner, I feel like changing my mind.
Well to answer to both of you, XUV 700 never had any major niggles in the mechanical section. However, there are some issues like breakpads wearing out faster, some customers report a metallic sound in the front suspension and the football in the boot issue. None of these issues are big enough to ground your car, but irritating nonetheless. Some other issues have been rectified by recall of specific batch of vehicles.

The majority of reported issues are in the electronics and software area like Adrenox being laggy, poor connectivity of the VI sim, Apple carplay being unstable, Alexa not working properly etc. M&M has rectified some of the issues like battery drain but considerable amount still needs to be done in this aspect.

If you can live with the software issues, for the time being till they are being rectified by M&M, this car offers more value than it's price and you'll enjoy driving this beast.

Go through the ownership threads of the 700 on the forum and make your decision.
Sommos is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 22:11   #7278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
We can expect the early batches of Innova Hycross to have its fair share of niggles just like the Crysta had early in its cycle.
Somehow popular impression is Toyota = Reliability and hassle free ownership vs Mahindra/Tata = niggles and ASS issues/headache.

I am, however, just dejected by SA. Today, point blank, the SA said you will have to wait another 4-5 months. From what I am reading here, that seems untrue. Not sure if it's a under-promise over-deliver scenario. It feels evil for someone waiting since Jan!
Old 5th November 2022, 09:08   #7279
BHPian

Quote:
Would like to know if it is possible to ascertain if there have been marked improvements in quality of the XUV 700 (elimination or reduction in niggles) since the first set of owners got their hands on it versus those getting deliveries now. I am tired of waiting with 0 updates from dealer on delivery and with Innova Hycross around the corner, I feel like changing my mind.
My car (July manufactured) doesn't have the suspension noise issue, football in the boot or any software issue so far except the Android Auto not working randomly. Car has covered 3000+kms without an issue.
yuvmudapa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 10:21   #7280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
My car (July manufactured) doesn't have the suspension noise issue, football in the boot or any software issue so far except the Android Auto not working randomly. Car has covered 3000+kms without an issue.
Sounds like sweet music to my ears! In any case I have to wait, at least until November 25th to see what Innova Hycross has on offer. Unless of course I hear about my XUV 700 delivery of course!
GPJ_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 14:55   #7281

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Adrenox Subscription Cost

Reg: Adrenox Subscription Cost

I got app update on my iphone for Adrenox app. Could see the Adrenox subscription details shown in app menu.

The cost is shown as Rs.4999/yr and striked down from Rs.5999/yr. Hope we find this information useful. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-d77680993c9048a284da6436bbf3d59c.png  

manoj.elan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 13:26   #7282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
So what would the time frame for a "newly baked" product be? It has been 13 months since the XUV7OO is on the roads now. Is it safe to assume that the initial niggles are sorted out?
My delivery should happen in the next 0-4 months hopefully, and i am considering it as a blessing in disguise that I will get a car almost 18 months after launch.
Old 6th November 2022, 20:03   #7283
BHPian

During my last ride i was stuck behind a slow moving bus. After some time right lane opened up and I moved into the right lane and leveled with the bus. Just when my rear left was passing around the rear right corner of the bus edge, there was a sound from the rear.
My wife asked me what is that sound ? Did it touch the bus ? For few seconds I was shocked. I never thought it was so tight and hence moved very casually. How can it touch the bus was my puzzled reaction. I am no novice either.
After driving for a couple of kilometers I realised that it was nothing but the infamous football in the boot. :-)
lark63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 15:55   #7284
BHPian

Folks, I'm cancelling XUV700 Top end D AWD Silver, expected delivery in 15-20 days at Bangalore. Mahindra SA says he can transfer to friends etc. Pls reach out if keen
noufal.ps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 16:14   #7285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noufal.ps View Post
Folks, I'm cancelling XUV700 Top end D AWD Silver, expected delivery in 15-20 days at Bangalore. Mahindra SA says he can transfer to friends etc. Pls reach out if keen
Hey, which dealer would this be?
Old 7th November 2022, 17:30   #7286
BHPian

Quote:
Any particular reason for this cancellation ?
Old 7th November 2022, 21:11   #7287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
Hey, which dealer would this be?
Sireesh mate. The silk board one
noufal.ps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 21:31   #7288
BHPian

Quote:
Sireesh mate. The silk board one
Thanks man! I'll then defer the offer to someone who's closer to the showroom than me. I live pretty much as far in Bangalore as its possible from Silk Board
Transmission is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 13:26   #7289
BHPian

XUV700 wants to throw in surprises once in a while. Started the car a while back and yellow fuel pump icon showed up blinking along with voice message and fuel gauge showing empty. There was no signs of fuel leak; bringing the fear of a rat bite! Switched on and off the vehicle a couple of time but nothing changed. Just like how we used to reboot Windows XP machines to get it to normalcy, I tried disconnecting negative terminal of the battery for 10min. Voila, it worked! Happy that I do not have to visit the service centre but wondering how they paired such a wonderful machine with such a buggy software!
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 19:14   #7290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Has anyone gotten a new phone after getting the XUV 700? Just wanted to know how the AdrenoX login works.
Moved from Iphone XR to iPhone 14. No issues whatsoever
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed