Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2022, 13:31   #7306
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusjp View Post
Thanks a lot for the help mate, how do you know what's the latest version for AX7 D AT , also my SA was not very keen on arranging a PDI and asked me for 2L for confirmation of the allotment , Shall I pay the amount?
Latest sofware version - 10.07.51 for AX7L variant and10.07.52 for non L variant.

My sincere advice would be not to make any payment till you do a proper PDI. If the dealer does not allow for PDI or demands payment before PDI, ask for a mail - so that you can have document and then escalate the matter to Customer Care at M&M with a copy to "khargadotashaatmahindradotcom" - she is the head of CRM at M&M. If SA is not co-operating talk directly with the GM-Sales at the dealership. This should be sufficient to scare them.

Or else, get hold of the Area Sales Manager (he /she is a M&M representative) - tell him very clearly your position w.r.t. PDI and inform him that you're ready to escalate the matter to HQ.

I don't think that you'll have to escalate the matter - talking to the GM-Sales or ASM of M&M should amicably resolve the issue.

Last edited by Sommos : 11th November 2022 at 13:35.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2022, 13:49   #7307
BHPian

Team,
Dealer just called me and announced the ETA as 10 days. It is a AX5 D Manual.
Any thing specific to look out for during PDI? Specific to xuv700, in addition to the usual PDI list?
Old 12th November 2022, 18:39   #7308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
I’m facing two issues in my XUV700 MX diesel.

1. Back side seatbelt doesn’t fit in the socket
2. Back seat doesn’t fall down flat after I pull the lever and push gently.

I'm taking car to service Center on Saturday. Is anyone else facing these issues?
Went to service station(India garage whitefield, as PPS service people turned out be useless). Both are resolved in 5 mins, as I spent sometime waiting for service advisor, he also quickly verified oil levels and everything. These are the findings.

1. A small metal piece went inside seat belt socket and doesnt let male adapter fit in. Service advisor took this out with a thin looking pliers.
2. This was happening because PPS guys who fit the seat covers were not careful and let some leather piece stuck inside lever exit, which caused lever jam.

They didnt charge me anything. I felt silly that didnt try to solve this on my own and mentioned same to advisor. He said "...thats okay sir, it happens. One customer took delivery and drove her car directly from showroom to service station because of a rattling sound from the front door. Turned out to be a loosely placed water bottle in the door was making that rattling noise."
ramki.grandhi is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 09:05   #7309

Hello dear Team Members!
Was somewhat occupied in shifting into new house and was thus away from the community for some time. Just skimmed through all the backlog & wonderful experiences, not so wonderful issues & other inputs shared by all proud beast owners

I too have a few things to share.

Got unlucky amidst the sudden thunderstorms & lo-a tree fell on my right door. However was extremely lucky that it damaged only the outer metal of the driver door & did not fall on the roof or any glass part. Though the initial few hours of removing the branch and recovering the vehicle out were intensely stressful but I couldn't less appreciate and commend the outstanding quality of metallurgy of Mahindra which enabled the door to absorb the entire impact and not allow the tree trunk to penetrate into the inner panel housing all the central electric controls.
The repair process was exceptionally smooth and the workshop (Sahyadri Motors, Wakad) handled it in the most professional manner. Claim through Tata AIG was also without any niggles whatsoever.
The entire driver door was changed & though I was highly skeptical of the final paint finish, hats off to the body shop guys. Just that I'll have to get a ceramic coating redone on the door as there is a subtle difference in the gloss finish & smoothness now.
Sharing few pics of the incident.

Also placed an order for a pair of rechargeable logo projector lamps from M2all. Had been looking for such a product for long and was pretty sure that with the issues of battery drain, the initially launched logo projector lamps which were planned to be installed on the ORVMs would never see the light of the day .

Hope the festive season was great
Best wishes to all
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220930_170506.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20220930_190631.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20221028152208__01.jpg  

rish_shish137 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 18:27   #7310

Quote:
Originally Posted by noufal.ps View Post
Folks, I'm cancelling XUV700 Top end D AWD Silver, expected delivery in 15-20 days at Bangalore. Mahindra SA says he can transfer to friends etc. Pls reach out if keen
Is this still available? Please let me know. Thanks.
Old 14th November 2022, 03:17   #7311
BHPian

Please help me decide if I stay with my AX7 P AT booking or move to AX7L P AT. Features of L that I am confused about are
1. 360® Surround view
2. Adaptive cruise control with stop and go. ( read in the thread earlier that ax7 also gets adaptive cruise control but without the stop and go feature. Also read it in their brochure in the footnotes.) please correct me if I have understood it wrong.

Feel that just these 2 features don't justify the 2.2lakhs price difference.

Other features which I think are good to have but not necessary, blind view monitoring, continuous DVR, 3D audio, knee airbag, passive keyless entry, electronic park brake, telescopic steering, vanity mirror illumination, electric door handles, wireless charging, sequential turn indicators.

Folks who have been using these features, please suggest. Also AX7 owners, do you miss any of the above features so sorely that you wish you woukd have upgraded.
RabidBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 10:46   #7312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBull View Post
Please help me decide if I stay with my AX7 P AT booking or move to AX7L P AT.
Upgrade to the luxury pack. Electronic parking brake, keyless entry, motorised door handles and 360 camera. These are enough to warrant an upgrade. I'm so spoiled by auto-hold now that I expect all my other cars to have it, same goes for keyless entry.
Tanmay007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 13:02   #7313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay007 View Post
Upgrade to the luxury pack. Electronic parking brake, keyless entry, motorised door handles and 360 camera. These are enough to warrant an upgrade. I'm so spoiled by auto-hold now that I expect all my other cars to have it, same goes for keyless entry.
Just changed the booking to AX7L. Sometimes, all one wants to hear is a simple straightforward reply and thats what I got in yours. Thanks so much Tanmay.
RabidBull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 13:16   #7314
BHPian

Quote:
Please help me decide if I stay with my AX7 P AT booking or move to AX7L P AT. Features of L that I am confused about are
=====
Folks who have been using these features, please suggest. Also AX7 owners, do you miss any of the above features so sorely that you wish you woukd have upgraded.
Buddy,
I was in a similar dilemma as yours but I realised that 2.2 lacs is worth the additional features. Have booked same config as your in Midnight blue. Date is Jan'24.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th November 2022 at 13:46. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Thanks.
Old 14th November 2022, 18:45   #7315
BHPian

Mahindra adds ESP to its XUV700 MX variant. So, ESP is now a standard feature in XUV700 lineup.

Hoping Mahindra adds much needed reverse cameras in atleast AX3 variant onwards.
sulliavi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 20:21   #7316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulliavi View Post
Mahindra adds ESP to its XUV700 MX variant. So, ESP is now a standard feature in XUV700 lineup.
Just checked the brochure. It says that fitment is optional, so will it be a dealer level fitment? If so can the dealer retrofit it on other cars already sold?
Old 14th November 2022, 23:21   #7317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
Now, we are again confused between diesel AT AWD and petrol AT .
After a lot of thought and discussions, we decided to move to AX7 L Petrol AT from AX7L Diesel AT AWD.
We delivered the same message to the dealer and they happily changed the booking without any fuss.

The major reasons that pushed us towards Petrol AT are:
  • Frankly, the 200 BHP and smooth experience with excellent NVH levels in Petrol AT blew us away.
  • The major reason is the diesel ban in Delhi NCR. With GRAP-4 imposed, non-BS 6 diesel run vehicles were banned. Since GRAP is ever evolving, it could lead to permanent ban on Diesel vehicles in Delhi NCR during GRAP-3 and GRAP-4.
    This will also impact resale of diesel vehicles in future.
  • A petrol takes away the stress of unnecessary hassles with diesel engine related restrictions in Delhi NCR and BS6 ( including phase 2 additions and price rise ).
  • Since our monthly run is approx 1000kms to 1500kms, the extra petrol cost per month was almost equal to the extra EMI per month of diesel AWD. So that almost nullified each other.
  • And of course, we'll be spreading less pollution :-)

Frankly, with the pressure of climate change, I believe the govt is going to add a lot of restrictions on diesel engine vehicles. Especially in metro cities.

Now a long wait ( that we're prepared for ). I hope in the mean time, Mahindra adds the following features:
  • Ventilated seats
  • Auto dimming RVM
  • Driving modes in Petrol + Paddle shifters
  • A better placed rear camera
  • A more refined and mature software

Mahindra XUV700 Review-booked-petrol.jpeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrusader View Post
My run is around 18-20k a year, 50-50 city-highway in NCR.

Looking for suggestions.
I would suggest a petrol automatic mainly due to the diesel related restrictions in Delhi NCR during the winters ( pollution ) season.
And an automatic is always better if you are driving that much.

If you're running is mainly in Delhi NCR, you can also consider an electric/hybrid vehicle. I would suggest to stay away from diesel.

Quote:
Please help me decide if I stay with my AX7 P AT booking or move to AX7L P AT.
Feel that just these 2 features don't justify the 2.2lakhs price difference.
Glad to know that you've already finalised AX7 luxury pack.
I believe it is a value for money considering the below features:
  • Knee airbag: Should be the first thing you prioritise. Knees are quite precious .
  • 360 deg surround view: Very helpful for such a big SUV.
  • Blink view monitor: Another distracting but helpful feature. Once you get used to it, it gets less distracting and more helpful.
  • Electronic park brake: Another helpful feature.
  • Adaptive cruise control with Stop and Go: A helpful touch over simple Adaptive cruise control.
  • Telescopic steering: Very important if you've someone short driving this SUV.
  • Other features that matter less but are good to have: Continuous DVR, 3D Audio with 12 speakers, Passive keyless entry, Vanity mirror illumination, Electric smart door handles and Wireless charging.
Old 15th November 2022, 08:55   #7318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
[*] And of course, we'll be spreading less pollution :-)
While I agree with most of the points, this seems incorrect. BS6 diesels are as less polluting as BS6 petrols but given the efficiency of diesel engine, there is a chance that diesel XUV700 is even lesser polluting than petrol XUV700 per kilometer.

I'm seeing crazy mileage numbers from diesel XUV700s, sedate driving can give you 20+/-3 kmpl easily. I've not seen any petrol AT giving beyond 12-13kmpl. This tells us diesels are easily 30% efficient and less polluting than the mammoth 200hp petrol XUV700.

On a different note, I've a MX diesel. I truly like petrol cars because I prefer NVH and less complexity(read as dpf dependency) to mileage. But at the time of booking,i.e. October 2021, we didn't have enough info about freshly launched 200hp engine's longterm reliability. All I've seen were, paid promotions everywhere. Given that mahindra is known for diesel engines, I've preferred diesel. Otherwise, for my usage, my choice is always petrol car.

Another advantage with petrol XUV700 is, no one want to borrow your car

Last edited by ramki.grandhi : 15th November 2022 at 09:15. Reason: typos
ramki.grandhi is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 10:53   #7319
BHPian

Mahindra reveals that they have over 2.1 lakh buyers awaiting delivery of XUV700 and Scorpio range of SUVs

80k awaiting delivery of XUV700
130k awaiting delivery of Scorpio / N

Source : Rushlane

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20221115_105247.jpg
Old 15th November 2022, 11:32   #7320
BHPian

I am curious to know how many people have read the user manual fully. Those who have read it fully and not just glanced through press Thanks button ( since there is no method to conduct a poll here).
lark63 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks