Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
9,777,522 views Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2022, 11:59   #7321
BHPian
 
Gsynch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 83
Thanked: 260 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
Finally we did the PDI on this Sunday and have paid the full amount.

Now the wait starts to get the delivery soon and take it out for a spin
Quoting myself to update the BHPians that we have (finally!) got the delivery of our OO7 (that's what kids are calling it) It's AX7L D AT in Midnight black color, Odo reading was 42 kms at the time of delivery.

Sharing the moment, and hope to write a detailed note soon.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv.jpg
Gsynch is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 12:06   #7322
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 13 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I am considering booking an XUV 700, Petrol AT and very confused with the variants. Petrol and Automatic transmission are must haves for me and wasn't really bothered about whether the interior is plush or not. What got me thinking was the safety bit which is a little basic in the AX5 variant and ADAS was the point which got me to consider AX7. Is ADAS which more premium cars like Compass do not have, such an important feature that I spend an additional 3 lakh (and lose the opportunity cost) or can I just go ahead with AX5. My drive would be 90% in the city and with occasional holidaying involving highway drives. Please suggest.
SriniTSI is offline  
Old 15th November 2022, 16:50   #7323
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 164 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriniTSI View Post
I am considering booking an XUV 700, Petrol AT and very confused with the variants. Petrol and Automatic transmission are must haves for me and wasn't really bothered about whether the interior is plush or not. What got me thinking was the safety bit which is a little basic in the AX5 variant and ADAS was the point which got me to consider AX7. Is ADAS which more premium cars like Compass do not have, such an important feature that I spend an additional 3 lakh (and lose the opportunity cost) or can I just go ahead with AX5. My drive would be 90% in the city and with occasional holidaying involving highway drives. Please suggest.
I have an AX7 and I have to say ADAS is quite useful on the highways. I even came across a video when someone was using it in the fog. In such a situation it would be really helpful since it is a radar based system, it can detect vehicles/pedestrians which even the human eye cannot see. I also found the AX5 lacking in a few other features but those may not bother you.
Attaching the youtube video link below, please have a look:
yuvmudapa is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 17:15   #7324
BHPian
 
rAijin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Gurugram
Posts: 102
Thanked: 361 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
While I agree with most of the points, this seems incorrect. BS6 diesels are as less polluting as BS6 petrols but given the efficiency of diesel engine, there is a chance that diesel XUV700 is even lesser polluting than petrol XUV700 per kilometer.
Theoratically yes. But practically No.

While I agree with the per kilometer and mileage calculation, the realities are unfortunately not the same ( remember diesel gate ?).
The emission is calculated usually in the lab by all automobile manufacturers. And the lap results comply with your argument.
However, in real world condition, a diesel engine emits a lot more as compared to a petrol engine.

With BS6 phase 2, each automobile manufacturer will have to include real time emission tracker in each vehicle and govt can check the emission of any car. So the above argument will not be valid after BS6.2. However, this has already led majority of manufacturer to remove diesel engine from the option. Probably because they know that the exact emission norms cannot be achieved.
rAijin_ is offline  
Old 15th November 2022, 17:31   #7325
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 13 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
I have an AX7 and I have to say ADAS is quite useful on the highways. I even came across a video when someone was using it in the fog
This is super helpful. Thank you! Will stick to the AX7 - any amount of additional safety is welcome.
SriniTSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 20:29   #7326
BHPian
 
Rohan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 245
Thanked: 232 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I had a query regarding the instrument cluster display in the XUV700 - is it possible to get the gear number displayed in addition to just the D that's shown?
I tried to cycle between the 3 display options - Standard, Minimal and Information - and none of them seem to show the gear - i.e. whether the car is in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on.
Rohan24 is offline  
Old 15th November 2022, 20:36   #7327
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 164 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan24 View Post
I had a query regarding the instrument cluster display in the XUV700 - is it possible to get the gear number displayed in addition to just the D that's shown?
I tried to cycle between the 3 display options - Standard, Minimal and Information - and none of them seem to show the gear - i.e. whether the car is in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on.
I had the same question but the sad answer is no, you can't unless you put it into manual mode.
yuvmudapa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 21:44   #7328
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 395
Thanked: 910 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
Theoratically yes. But practically No.

While I agree with the per kilometer and mileage calculation, the realities are unfortunately not the same ( remember diesel gate ?).
The emission is calculated usually in the lab by all automobile manufacturers. And the lap results comply with your argument.
However, in real world condition, a diesel engine emits a lot more as compared to a petrol engine.

With BS6 phase 2, each automobile manufacturer will have to include real time emission tracker in each vehicle and govt can check the emission of any car. So the above argument will not be valid after BS6.2. However, this has already led majority of manufacturer to remove diesel engine from the option. Probably because they know that the exact emission norms cannot be achieved.
In addition to this do they consider the periodic higher pollution due to DPF ? Not sure how they will measure this even with RDE norms. Its good that govts are making emission norms stricter by the years. This will surely drive car makers towards petrol/hybrid/EVs faster.
PreludeSH is offline  
Old 15th November 2022, 22:42   #7329
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Pune
Posts: 76
Thanked: 191 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SriniTSI View Post
I am considering booking an XUV 700, Petrol AT and very confused with the variants. Petrol and Automatic transmission are must haves for me and wasn't really bothered about whether the interior is plush or not. What got me thinking was the safety bit which is a little basic in the AX5 variant and ADAS was the point which got me to consider AX7. Is ADAS which more premium cars like Compass do not have, such an important feature that I spend an additional 3 lakh (and lose the opportunity cost) or can I just go ahead with AX5. My drive would be 90% in the city and with occasional holidaying involving highway drives. Please suggest.
I will share my experience of ADAS, while on a long trip from Pune to Delhi I had been continuously driving without ADAS for more than 5 hours at a stretch and my right knee started to ache, I was planning to stop over for a short break due to the knee, but also wanted to continue to cover some extra miles, I switched the ADAS on for around an hour and could continue driving for more than 3 hours as the knee was back to normal.
In an other incident I was once traveling through a busy street where vehicles were parked on both sides of the lane and it was cramped for 2 cars to pass simultaneously, i was partially driving on the wrong lane and a nexon was doing the same from the opposite side, while it was totally normal for both of us to shift to our respective left side when approaching each other suddenly the AEBS kicked in and my XUV abruptly slowed down midway, the nexon driver had to make a very hard maneuver and fortunately we avoided scrubbing each other.
While the Pune Mumbai expressway should be an ideal place for cruising with ADAS, the other drivers rarely follow lane discipline and the vehicle has to brake frequently which becomes very irritating at times.
Nonetheless ADAS is a wonderful piece of tech, maybe we are using it at the wrong place, sometimes it feels like an over cautious driver or maybe our style of driving is not ideal. It would be more practical or even a necessity on the new expressways like Mumbai Delhi or Mumbai Nagpur if you are a frequent traveler. To be honest I would have surely gone for a AX5 luxury pack if there was an option.
Dark water is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 23:25   #7330
BHPian
 
lark63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 114
Thanked: 82 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
I will share my experience of ADAS, while on a long trip from Pune to Delhi I had been continuously driving without ADAS for more than 5 hours at a stretch and my right knee started to ache, I was planning to stop over for a short break due to the knee, but also wanted to continue to cover some extra miles, I switched the ADAS on for around an hour and could continue driving for more than 3 hours as the knee was back to normal.
....
...

Nonetheless ADAS is a wonderful piece of tech, maybe we are using it at the wrong place, sometimes it feels like an over cautious driver or maybe our style of driving is not ideal. It would be more practical or even a necessity on the new expressways like Mumbai Delhi or Mumbai Nagpur if you are a frequent traveler. To be honest I would have surely gone for a AX5 luxury pack if there was an option.
Switching OFF ADAS ? You meant AEBS ?
lark63 is offline  
Old 16th November 2022, 09:38   #7331
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 13 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
While the Pune Mumbai expressway should be an ideal place for cruising with ADAS, the other drivers rarely follow lane discipline and the vehicle has to brake frequently which becomes very irritating at times.
Nonetheless ADAS is a wonderful piece of tech, maybe we are using it at the wrong place, sometimes it feels like an over cautious driver or maybe our style of driving is not ideal. It would be more practical or even a necessity on the new expressways like Mumbai Delhi or Mumbai Nagpur if you are a frequent traveler. To be honest I would have surely gone for a AX5 luxury pack if there was an option.
Thanks much! This improves the perspective for me. Mahindra actively discourages the 5 seater - as it appears that they have kept it right in the midst of the variants and have not provided the safety tech, one may want. Now with AX7 I have to carry the additional 2 seats (which anyway are not of great use) just to not miss on the safety. Infact for a petrol car I also thought a 5 seater would have been more efficient despite not having much anticipation of great mileage anyway. Will continue the booking and perhaps wait for Harrier petrol. With Mahindra's long waiting period this forum shopping in just going on and on.
SriniTSI is offline  
Old 16th November 2022, 21:27   #7332
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Pune
Posts: 76
Thanked: 191 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Switching OFF ADAS ? You meant AEBS ?
I meant ADAS, btw both are either on or off for me, AEBS has to be on for ADAS to work.
Dark water is offline  
Old 17th November 2022, 10:16   #7333
Senior - BHPian
 
Sommos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CG07/ MH34
Posts: 1,269
Thanked: 1,399 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
I am curious to know how many people have read the user manual fully. Those who have read it fully and not just glanced through press Thanks button ( since there is no method to conduct a poll here).
I have read it twice, atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBull View Post
Please help me decide if I stay with my AX7 P AT booking or move to AX7L P AT. Features of L that I am confused about are
1. 360 Surround view
2. Adaptive cruise control with stop and go. ( read in the thread earlier that ax7 also gets adaptive cruise control but without the stop and go feature. Also read it in their brochure in the footnotes.) please correct me if I have understood it wrong.
As far as I know, all AT variants in the AX7 has the EPB and the ACC. There has been several debates on this topic and this is how things were from the begining. For confirmation, I would request you to carefully read the footnote on the brochure. The stop and go feature is dependant on the EPB and since the AT gets the EPB, it also gets the stop and go feature.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lark63 View Post
Switching OFF ADAS ? You meant AEBS ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
I meant ADAS, btw both are either on or off for me, AEBS has to be on for ADAS to work.
Initially I thought you meant the ACC - adaptive cruise control. But then you confirmed that you can switch on and off the ADAS. I am curious to know how you do that actually, because I'm not aware of the process without switching off the AEBS.

I'm curious to know your variant and why would you not use the ACC or adaptive cruise control on a eight hour long journey.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 11:27   #7334
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 323
Thanked: 1,502 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
While I agree with the per kilometer and mileage calculation, the realities are unfortunately not the same ( remember diesel gate ?).
The emission is calculated usually in the lab by all automobile manufacturers. And the lap results comply with your argument.
However, in real world condition, a diesel engine emits a lot more as compared to a petrol engine.
This argument doesn't hold well unless you've any article or proof that supports your opinion. Its not fair to bring a decade old scandal from different company to support your beliefs/prejuidices and say, all manufacturers are same and all diesel cars are polluting heavily. Company like Mahindra sole sustained on diesel engines, till last couple of years. If they do something like diesel gate, company will go bankrupt very quickly. There are other super successful products that offer only diesel engine options, like Harrier and Safari. Government, NGTs and other orgs are very strict on pollution after BS6.

These big cars include SCR tech to check the emissions. But VW choose to ignore this tech and went ahead with their own "invention" and faked everything.

Any car that include SCR, we can safely assume that it is not polluting as much as it used to.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2022, 12:57   #7335
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 63
Thanked: 72 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi Guys
got my vehicle earlier this week and very happy with my choice of AX7 D MT.
have 2 queries which i am trying to solve and need help
1. with wireless Android Auto there is no audio coming on phone. the call does get placed but there is no sound.
2. how do i set Alexa to play from prime music. currently it plays from hungama.

thanks in advance
W@SIM is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks