Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2022, 15:00   #7351
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_700 View Post
No other option. Its Just 3 blinks on one touch. Cars like Creta/Seltos have this setting of 3,5 and 7 blinks on one touch. This is a miss from Mahindra as it is a very nifty feature in Highways while changing lanes.
If Mahindra is taking feedback seriously or even watching this thread, they may bring this config in one of their later software releases. I am sure this has nothing to do with the hardware and is purely managed by the software.
Old 18th November 2022, 15:07   #7352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
If Mahindra is taking feedback seriously or even watching this thread, they may bring this config in one of their later software releases. I am sure this has nothing to do with the hardware and is purely managed by the software.
There is another safety feature also missed, which I noted. Centrally locked doors can be opened in any speed. Once opened the auto lock will get locked only if you reduce to speed less than 10Km which is pretty useless. In Creta the central lock will not open while the vehicle is in motion. This can also be taken as a feedback by Mahindra and rectified to all vehicles.

I would even say GNCAP and other safety certifying companies should have high weightage to such nifty features and should give the star ratings accordingly.

Last edited by zeus_700 : 18th November 2022 at 15:14.
Old 18th November 2022, 16:27   #7353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus_700 View Post
There is another safety feature also missed, which I noted. Centrally locked doors can be opened in any speed. Once opened the auto lock will get locked only if you reduce to speed less than 10Km which is pretty useless. In Creta the central lock will not open while the vehicle is in motion. This can also be taken as a feedback by Mahindra and rectified to all vehicles.

I would even say GNCAP and other safety certifying companies should have high weightage to such nifty features and should give the star ratings accordingly.
Very true. I have noticed this as well when I compare my Creta's central locking mechanism and XUV 700's mechanism!
normaltusker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2022, 13:16   #7354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@SIM View Post
It has actually helped me to tone down my aggressive driving style. During my first long drive of 1100 KM I used the ACC for the first time and my experience is documented in my ownership thread. However, I will share the same here once again :
Seems like you had an open stretch of highway to test the ACC, I haven't been that fortunate. I did enjoy it for short durations where it made the driving effortless, I think its ideal when the traffic, if any, is of cars where you can happily tail a relatively slow car and just overtake it when the other lanes are clear, but in case of heavy truck movement it is a dampener especially when they have created a labyrinth between them. Even in city traffic its fine in stop and go traffic but my personal experience was not that good in moving traffic, while it can be very safe for us the other people on the road might not anticipate, the major difference being when in most of the situations I would just let off the accelerator pedal and come to a graduall halt, the ACC/AEBS brakes, most of the times this is against the normal flow of traffic and you can consider yourself lucky if the person behind you just yells "abey naya hai kya, gaadi thukwani hai to kahi aur ja" and does not rear end you :
Old 19th November 2022, 20:17   #7355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCrusader View Post
While doing PDI today, saw that the wooden trims from the doors have been replaced by leatherette trim.
It is a huge put off, takes away a lot of grace from the product.
Well looks can be quite subjective. Those faux wooden trims felt like an eye sore to me especially when I was comparing the cabin of XUV with Jeep. Was quite happy when the sales guy told that those have been replaced with leatherette. This was the final nail in the coffin for Jeep and I went ahead with the booking of XUV.
Old 20th November 2022, 00:16   #7356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jods View Post
Well looks can be quite subjective. Those faux wooden trims felt like an eye sore to me especially when I was comparing the cabin of XUV with Jeep. Was quite happy when the sales guy told that those have been replaced with leatherette. This was the final nail in the coffin for Jeep and I went ahead with the booking of XUV.
Yes, looks are subjective. I first saw this wooden trim in early youtube videos of XUV700 and always cringed at the quality. I saw this again in first test vehicle for XUV700 in Oct 2022, and the SA at India Garage Whitefield Bangalore had no clue if the vehicle was pre-production. I was forced to do a second test drive from another Dealer PPS Indiranagar Bangalore to verify that it was indeed removed from current production vehicles, and its only after that before I booked XUV700 myself.
Old 20th November 2022, 08:17   #7357
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Taking delivery of AX7 Diesel Manual Midnight Black tomorrow. Had booked last week.

While doing PDI today, saw that the wooden trims from the doors have been replaced by leatherette trim.

It is a huge put off, takes away a lot of grace from the product.
If I'm not mistaken, leatherette door decor is only for AX7 and AX7L. Lower variants have same colour, but not leatherette. Owners can correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 20th November 2022, 08:27   #7358

Took delivery of the car on Friday, and have driven ~ 150 kms yesterday.
Great things about XUV 700 diesel manual AX7 vs Safari XZ+ manual (I had a Safari for last 1 year that I drove for ~19k kms)-
1. Easier to use gearbox
2. Better fit and finish in the interior
3. The additional tech- I like the lane keep assist feature particularly, makes you a more honest driver

Things I miss-
1. Safari felt a better built/ heavier car (I’m aware the Xuv is the car amongst the two to have a 5 star rating
2. Going back to a manual handbrake
3. Again, beauty to the beholder, but Safari’s exterior looks are more timeless

One question, while driving in bumper to bumper traffic for 20 kms yesterday, took notice of the engine temperature and it was almost half of range. Is it normal with Xuv? I don’t remember to have seem temperature gauge go to half of range in Safari
Mahindra XUV700 Review-17df0498afad4f479c7397c88e54d701.jpeg

Last edited by UrbanCrusader : 20th November 2022 at 08:55. Reason: Grammar error
Old 20th November 2022, 11:20   #7359

Quote:
One question, while driving in bumper to bumper traffic for 20 kms yesterday, took notice of the engine temperature and it was almost half of range. Is it normal with Xuv? I don’t remember to have seem temperature gauge go to half of range in Safari
I have AX7 AT L Petrol and it's been at almost half of range all the time (even on highways). So, it seems to be normal with XUV
irfi05 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 13:41   #7360

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, leatherette door decor is only for AX7 and AX7L. Lower variants have same colour, but not leatherette. Owners can correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes you are right. E.g., AX5 has a textured panel that’s made of plastic.

Somehow I had liked the wooden trim more.
Old 20th November 2022, 18:11   #7361
BHPian

Happy to report that I got my second key, mine is a jul delivered xuv.
Old 20th November 2022, 19:16   #7362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
This is great news. I got mine delivered in August, but still waiting for a call from dealership. Have my doubts about a callback from dealership considering their callous attitude so far!
  • Did you follow up with dealership to get the second key?
  • Did you also get sequential rear indicators as well?
Old 20th November 2022, 22:36   #7363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu84 View Post
This is great news. I got mine delivered in August, but still waiting for a call from dealership. Have my doubts about a callback from dealership considering their callous attitude so far!
  • Did you follow up with dealership to get the second key?
  • Did you also get sequential rear indicators as well?
Got a call from dealers service dept directly and scheduled an appointment for Sunday, they had few staff come in on Sundays specifically for second key configuration (its usually closed on Sundays). I dint follow up with them.

On enquiring about sequential indicator - they mentioned that work hasnt started at all and no customer has got it yet. I am suspecting this will be
Old 20th November 2022, 23:36   #7364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
I am considering going for a booking anytime now for the AX7 L P AT. I've test driven the diesel AT, but will get one of the petrol AT too before taking the plunge. I'm primarily leaning towards petrol due to my expected low running (not more than 5-6k kms a year) and also the fear of the NGT applying similar rules as Delhi in Bangalore in the not too distant future. Besides, I've heard a lot about that mStallion petrol!
The only thing that keeps pulling me back is the much-expected single-digit FE. I want to know from folks from congested cities like Bangalore, Mumbai, etc on how bad does it get on an average in the city? A range or real FE figures you are seeing on the dash will help!
Highway: 11-12. City: 7-8.

The vehicle is so good, you would just wanna keep taking it out for a reason or no reason at all...haha. Pleasure driving it always. I've already burnt almost 1L of fuel in the last 4 months.

Petrol variant should not be considered if your usage is high or don't have another vehicle. And if you do, then be prepared to burn your cash. But it is what it is.
Smartomotive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 13:41   #7365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Two more points to add for others benefit (ODO at 3600km):

Mileage:
I got a mileage of 10.75 kmpl on my previous tankful to tankful for a run of ~470kms - 75% Bangalore traffic and 25% Nice road with AC on always and tire pressure at 32 psi. Mine is an AWD variant for reference.

Football in the boot issue:
The issue seems to have self resolved all of a sudden and I havent had it for the last 300-400 kms or so, have driven over potholed roads, broken roads, smooth tarmac etc etc but it has been dead silent and family members have noted it too. I had spoken to the service manager and fixed an appointment to get this addressed but I had to cancel it as well.This has been my best 400kms in my XUV , keeping fingers crossed. I dont know what has fixed it for me but the only two observations/changes over last 400 kms are my DEF level has come down to 65% and I fixed the base of my kids seat permanently in the centre of middle row seats. I strongly feel that my DEF levels coming down may have helped but its only my guess so dont quote me on it

Last edited by Sandegov : 21st November 2022 at 13:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks