Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2022, 13:36   #7471
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Got the lower arms and bushing replaced at the service center yesterday. I had complained about the suspension noise immediately after I got delievery last december. The service center guys here in my city have always been helpful. During my 10000kms service(the car is now at 17000kms) they retorqued the suspension which didnt help much. They also offered to change shock absorbers,etc. but I choose to wait till Mahindra actualy finds some concrete solution. Happy to report that the suspension noise has completely gone now. It was getting irritating even over mild humps. Am relieved that its resolved the drive has become even more pleasurable now
niranjan.mulye is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 15:47   #7472
BHPian

Hello guys,

This is my first post here. I had booked xuv 700 back in May and today I get a message from my dealer that the car has been allotted to me. He has provided me with the vin and engine no of the same. Can someone help me to decode the month of manufacture of the vehicle and other entities.

Thanks.
Old 10th December 2022, 21:44   #7473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post
Hello guys,

Can someone help me to decode the month of manufacture of the vehicle and other entities.

Thanks.

You can simply do a search. The unofficially official VIN decoding thread of our forum is here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...cture-vin.html (ARTICLE: Find your car's date of manufacture (VIN))

Try your luck. BTW congratulations for the new car.
Old 10th December 2022, 21:53   #7474
BHPian

One strange thing happened with my XUV. Mine is petrol AT AX7.
When fuel level dropped to reserve quantity, low fuel warning came up on the dashboard. I continued my drive for some 10-15kms, encountered traffic jam where I switched off engine for some 4-5 mins. When I fired up my car again, fuel quantity shown was just above reserve level, low fuel warning was gone.
Later when I checked Adrenox app on my phone, it had auto fuel refill entry.
This is the first time to witness these things. Still not clear why.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 22:41   #7475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
One strange thing happened with my XUV. Mine is petrol AT AX7.
When fuel level dropped to reserve quantity, low fuel warning came up on the dashboard. I continued my drive for some 10-15kms, encountered traffic jam where I switched off engine for some 4-5 mins. When I fired up my car again, fuel quantity shown was just above reserve level, low fuel warning was gone.
Later when I checked Adrenox app on my phone, it had auto fuel refill entry.
This is the first time to witness these things. Still not clear why.
Has happened a couple of times with me as well, mine being a AX7 D AT, the range increases by around 100 kms and there's a refuel entry in the adrenox app. I guess the reserve fuel is accounted for by the vehicle.
Dark water is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 07:12   #7476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
Has happened a couple of times with me as well, mine being a AX7 D AT, the range increases by around 100 kms and there's a refuel entry in the adrenox app. I guess the reserve fuel is accounted for by the vehicle.
The same thing happened with me as well (AX7L Diesel Auto). But the entry in Adrenox App is Zero ltrs of fuel. The DTE range on MID also did not seem to change. It was at 191 KMs when the low fuel warning came and remained there after the "refuelling" on Adrenox App.
Old 11th December 2022, 07:25   #7477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendO_Rookie View Post
[*]Need to figure out 5th tire tpms, which I got fitted but configuration was not done by MASC.
Two ways:
- Do nothing, just switch spare whenever you want and keep driving. As long as TPMS auto-learning is ON, the spare will be detected when it is in use.
- Visit the MASS, ask them to enable spare tire through their iSmart Laptop. It needs manually forced relearning of TPMS which is possible only through their laptop.

For more details, visit my ownership thread too: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5328482
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 07:41   #7478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Noticed this on old madras road just now. I have no doubt this is XUV700 but wondering why is it under camo ? Could this be the electric version ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revention View Post
I hope its an hybrid !
Camo in test mules are often untouched(or not removed i would say) and the camo in this vehicle looks old. This could be one of the older test cars and manufacturers perform testing even after launch.

Mahindra showcased handful of electric vehicles and there’s still some time away. So a hybrid from them that too in XUV7OO is highly unlikely. I don’t think we even saw rigorous testing of XUV4OO. Folks in and around Chennai might’ve noticed this - when Mahindra is about to launch a vehicle, people can see their test cars almost on a daily basis in and around Chennai at least a year before the launch.
Old 11th December 2022, 10:03   #7479
BHPian

I just observed inconsistent gap between the tail light and rear windshield glass. Below is a picture with a comparison between the left side and right side. My XUV700 AX7L is 2 months old.

Anyone else noticed similar panel gaps in their car?

What is the tolerance / acceptable limit for panel gaps?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-a121afb790a947d480d8caa209fe5147.jpeg  

dragstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 11:06   #7480

XUV 700 AX7L P AT

Got the Car in May and received the second key few weeks back. Still waiting for sequential indicators. Has anyone received them and how much time did it take ?

During the second key assignment, some additional items also showed up:

EMS ECU COVER ADDITION - This was Done
INSTALL T-BLOCK CONNECTOR ON GVV PIPE - STILL PENDING
SOMETHING CANISTOR RELATED - STILL PENDING
SOMETHING HEADLIGHT WASHER RELATED - STILL PENDING

Has anyone gone through these recall items ? I have an appointment next week. Anything I should check/be careful about ?

Thanks!
Old 11th December 2022, 15:20   #7481
BANNED

Guys
Is the Everest White colour metallic like the pearl metallic colour of Fortuner?
Dilip
Old 11th December 2022, 17:30   #7482

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
I just observed inconsistent gap between the tail light and rear windshield glass. Below is a picture with a comparison between the left side and right side. My XUV700 AX7L is 2 months old.

It's the same for my XUV700 too. I don't think we can do anything about it. As long as these parts are not creating any rattling noise on uneven roads or potholes, I think you should live with it
Old 11th December 2022, 18:09   #7483

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post

I have this as well, also in few other 700s in my circle. Funny part is, I highlighted this to the SA and he himself showed me many other cars with this misalignment. So going by all the absurd responses from Mahindra dealership until now, this normal and within tolerance limits
Old 11th December 2022, 23:20   #7484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Guys
Is the Everest White colour metallic like the pearl metallic colour of Fortuner?
Dilip
I don't think so. It is the Super White equivalent.
GPJ_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 12:26   #7485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Guys
Dilip
This should give you a fair idea :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Notice the pearl-finish effect of the Everest White colour shade?
Attachment 2309149
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks