Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2023, 08:27   #7741
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
I don't think this is there in the MID. I am sure this information is there internally, hopefully a software fix to get it to the display. How wonderfully useful this would be though !!!
Yes, a software enhancement would be great as the information is stored internally. There are old youtube videos showing a "Trip Summary" menu in the phone app that (I am assuming) had this info. Wonder why it was removed and the "Trip history" redesigned differently.

If you are in desperate need, there is a workaround to get that info. Described here (The Silver Surfer | Mahindra XUV700 (AX7L D AT) | Ownership Review).

In the Adrenox console, Go to the "Zip" mode to get the trip details. The display is only for the current trip and reloads everyday. The only way to get that info out is through a photo.

Last edited by haribalram : 25th January 2023 at 08:51.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 11:42   #7742
BHPian

Thank you all for your response and for sharing your experience.
My question about buying the accessories/extended warranty from the BLR dealer is still open - pls do share your thoughts on that as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by RashmiRathi View Post
Hi Kedar,
My experience with Indian vendors/service providers is that they are extremely reluctant to pay you back once money is credited to their account. .
If I go this route, I will put it in writing. I understand that there can be a delay to return the money - but I suppose that is the downside of choosing a car & variant that has a long waiting period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
Would the dealer be comfortable with you negotiating a part payment before the PDI (like 30%) and when you know you are certain to pick the vehicle, pay the remaining?
Will check that - but based on the experience of a relative who picked up a AX5 P from the same dealer, they may not budge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
No, someone cancelled on that car for a reason.
Well - I am not sure how one can cancel a car that is still in transit. Genuinely puzzled about how that can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhrai View Post
I was in a similar situation. The dealer had the vehicle in yard though. I made partial payment initially inspite of them asking for full payment and that booked the vehicle in my name. I had the option of cancellation post PDI too but I negotiated a middle ground for that.
Thanks - will certainly try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrk_18 View Post
My advice, avoid paying even a penny before PDI. Insist on it, if the dealer doesn't agree, involve M&M. The fact that he is forcing you pay, is a huge red flag. It may be a PDI rejected vehicle. Either ways, don't budge !!!
Thanks - The vehicle is still in transit- and for fairness sake, the dealer is not 'forcing' me. If I choose not to take up the offer, it will go to the next person in the queue or whatever. But yes, point taken on not doing a payment before PDI.
Old 25th January 2023, 12:15   #7743
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Team,
Had a few questions - my dealer surprised me with a way-early-delivery of an AX7-L Petrol AT.
He is asking me to pay the full amount (he will not do any registration) and hold the vehicle (vehicle is supposedly still in transit and I have not seen the Form22 as yet). Once I come, do the PDI and approve, he will proceed with the registration. If I don't approve, he will refund the amount.

TIA
There's this thread (Dealer asking for full payment for vehicle in transit)on the exact same situation just in case you haven't come across it.

Seems to be prevalent now as long as registration is not done before PDI.
Old 25th January 2023, 12:27   #7744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Thank you all for your response and for sharing your experience.
My question about buying the accessories/extended warranty from the BLR dealer is still open - pls do share your thoughts on that as well

Well - I am not sure how one can cancel a car that is still in transit. Genuinely puzzled about how that can happen.

Thanks - The vehicle is still in transit- and for fairness sake, the dealer is not 'forcing' me. If I choose not to take up the offer, it will go to the next person in the queue or whatever. But yes, point taken on not doing a payment before PDI.
How do you know it's actually in transit and not sitting in the dealer's yard? Don't take whatever salesmen say at face value.
Old 25th January 2023, 17:25   #7745
BHPian

Slightly off topic

Bolero Neo Limited Edition launched at 11.50 lacs from Mahindra stable gets a cruise control wherein XUV700 variant AX5 Diesel AT 7 seater variant priced at 20.2 lacs Ex showroom (26.2 lacs OTR) doesn't get one. How absurd is that?

Mahindra, If you are reading give creature comfort features at least as an option to upgrade.

Its hard to digest for the existing owners and for the future owners too that their mid line XUV 700s will not have such good to have features but a product from the same stable which is half the price of XUV700 will have the same feature.
Old 25th January 2023, 18:55   #7746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Can you please post your setup pics please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaddibuddy View Post
It cannot hold anything on top and hide the stuff from prying eyes.
You are right, it can only hold luggage in space. Even that is not great as the hooks are not wide apart; it's about a feet inside from the tailgate. The reasons you mentioned are indeed the reasons why I am looking for a parcel tray too. Also, to avoid any small items turning projectile.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20230125_132722614.jpg
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 20:51   #7747
BHPian

What are the new "E" variants that are now available with the AX5, AX3 and MX. What new additions does the variant provide?
Old 25th January 2023, 23:08   #7748
BHPian

Hi Fellow BHPians,

This being my first post on TeamBHP, I can say, its been an honour for me to finally become part of this great forum of Motor Enthusiasts.
Happy to be here..

Following this thread from long time and test drove XUV700 multiple times (along with other Cars: Hyundai Tuscon, Mg Hector, Toyota Hyryder, MS Grand Vitara), before finally settling on it/.

I have booked XUV700 AX7L Pet AT (White) in Mid December 2022, at Sereesh Auto, Silk Board, Bangalore

Though official waiting was 67 weeks, SA told be that Petrol Version can be delivered in 7-8 months, which was absolutely OK with me.

However, now after more than a month also, online status says only "Booking Complete' nothing moved further. Even online status doesnt showing any tentative delivery timeline too. (See screenshot). Is it Normal?

2. After booking, SA is less responsive. Most of the time he doesnt respond (never on Whatsapp). Never provided me any update on the timelines. When I ask, he says he will update me soon. But never comes back. Even I didnt get any update from him on price hike this Jan 2023.
Though, I always kept my best behaviour and patience while talking to him or anyone in Showroom.

Did I make a known mistake by booking it from Seeresh Auto? Anyone had same experience?
Any Reliable Contact in Sereesh Auto?

Thanks! I would be grateful for any answer or suggestion.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20230125-225523.jpg  

Old 26th January 2023, 00:23   #7749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
What are the new "E" variants that are now available with the AX5, AX3 and MX. What new additions does the variant provide?
Its optional E Pack for MX, AX3, AX5 variants, adds ESP to the variants.
May be to do with securing 5-star crash rating with new NCAP testing protocols, which requires Electronic Stability Programme as standard

Increased the price by 50K
Old 26th January 2023, 00:32   #7750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post

However, now after more than a month also, online status says only "Booking Complete' nothing moved further. Even online status doesnt showing any tentative delivery timeline too. (See screenshot). Is it Normal?
I too have this doubt. I booked Ax7 L D AT during Dec 2022 end. Still online status shows booking is complete. Is this normal? Can someone kindly advise?
Old 26th January 2023, 08:33   #7751
BHPian

Got my 1K kms service done at 1700ish kms. SC told me that an update is available for carplay. It is working fine with occasional “error establishing connection” and audio dropping for a second every now and then. The Auto Start Stop function when works works like a charm, else it keeps blinking.

There was that football in the boot sound, which they said is taken care of by tightening some nuts. One more issue was there. While braking, I could feel the brakes being applied in the middle row in my feet. They said we’ll have to take down the entire fuel tank and check. I will wait for some time before letting them do that.
Old 26th January 2023, 09:00   #7752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinDev View Post
I too have this doubt. I booked Ax7 L D AT during Dec 2022 end. Still online status shows booking is complete. Is this normal? Can someone kindly advise?
Please don’t rely completely on the online status. I took delivery in Jan 2022 and till the delivery date the status showed as “booking complete”. Keep pushing your SA. Once your car is ready you will get a call from SA or a manager from the sales informing about the car ready for dispatch.

Hope you get your hands soon on your beasts

Last edited by zeus_700 : 26th January 2023 at 09:03.
zeus_700 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 13:13   #7753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
Did I make a known mistake by booking it from Seeresh Auto? Anyone had same experience?
Any Reliable Contact in Sereesh Auto?

Thanks! I would be grateful for any answer or suggestion.
Hello, I booked and took delivery of my car from the same dealership and bought my XUV 500 from the exact showroom. Did not have any issue with them this time.
Please private message me and I will send you a customer care manager's number.
yuvmudapa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 13:21   #7754
BHPian

The official brochure for the XUV700 is a bit confusing when it comes to the Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go feature on the AX7 AT variant. Can any recent buyers of the AX7 AT variant of the XUV700 confirm if that feature is available or not?
Caffeinated_Owl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 15:23   #7755

I contacted Sireesh Mahindra service center regarding extra keys and sequential lights. They said they have received almost 10,000 set of keys and lights and they will start contacting owners by next week. You can expect calls from the service center soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks