Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 13:12   #7891
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 630
Thanked: 44 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi All - Checking if someone went for some coating/paint protection for XUV7OO. I checked with 3M (Bangalore) and they are asking for 2L(auto sealant) and 1L(normal). Any cheaper but good options. I have covered parking at home/office. My goal is to keep the car safe from swirl marks from regular cleaning.
Other thought - Do i really need any coating etc after reading few bad review mainly on PPF

Last edited by aka_iitd : 13th February 2023 at 13:20.
aka_iitd is offline  
Old 13th February 2023, 13:39   #7892
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 138
Thanked: 177 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
Quick question on sequential indicators: Are people getting calls from dealership or does one need to actively follow-up with them? In my first service, the person told me that the parts will specifically be allotted to my car and the showroom will call me when the parts arrive. Has that been the experience? Sorry if this has already been discussed.
I wrote to customer care. Yes, it is allocated in a sequential manner. They responded stating, the overall wait time for sequential indicators is coming down from 6 to 3 months. They are clearing the waitlist. Since I got my vehicle (AX7L) E'Dec, I was asked to get in touch with them by B'March.

The dealer will notify on the allocation and also dispatch the parts to the service center the customer wants to go for fitment.
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 15:18   #7893
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 16
Thanked: 7 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Booked AX7 AT Pet on June 1 2022 from India Garage, Whitefield and after couple of drastic movements, CPD has now stabilized around May-June 2023 (~ an year of wait). In fact, the earlier date of early May has now been pushed to early June. Needless to say this is very frustrating & prompting me look elsewhere. Is anyone else experiencing the same? Looks like delivery of petrols is now fewer than diesels which is reverse of the earlier situation when petrols had a better delivery situation. Appreciate any inputs/suggestion on this situation. Thanks!
ved_p_singh is offline  
Old 13th February 2023, 16:34   #7894
BHPian
 
impala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 448 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Is anyone else experiencing Android auto not starting/disconnecting occasionally? I started facing this issue after the Apple play (version 10.x) update. Usually, the android auto works seamlessly, but sometimes, especially after a short power cycle of the vehicle at a signal, Android auto won't connect again. It briefly shows a message that it is connecting and goes back to the AdrenoX home screen. I am visiting ASC tomorrow for an unrelated issue and want to see if there is a fix I should pursue. I have already factory-reset both AdrenoX and phone.

Also, how do you get the right pressure in all the tyres? Except at the SVM Fuel Station, Kadubeesnahalli, I have not found a simple reliable air-pump. While I use tyre fill assist, it is a hit or miss.
impala is offline  
Old 13th February 2023, 16:55   #7895
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 138
Thanked: 177 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Is anyone else experiencing Android auto not starting/disconnecting occasionally? I started facing this issue after the Apple play (version 10.x) update. Usually, the android auto works seamlessly, but sometimes, especially after a short power cycle of the vehicle at a signal, Android auto won't connect again. It briefly shows a message that it is connecting and goes back to the AdrenoX home screen.
I observed similar (Mahindra XUV700 Review) behaviour. At the moment (for me), it is repeated restarts (not engine start, though) of the car, until you get lucky. If AA doesn't connect during the car start, no matter what you do with the phone (BT/WiFi Off/On), you can't connect. When AA fails to connect, the phone's WiFi is not connected to the car. BT may be connected, but this is not complete for the full handover. Perhaps, some timing issue resulting in the occasional race condition in the communication. Wish I could collect a log and debug myself .

My car's FW doesn't have Apple car play. With the Feb AA update on my phone and the server enablement for CoolWalk, the last 4-5 times, connection has been successful the 1st time itself. Fingers crossed.
haribalram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 17:13   #7896
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 630
Thanked: 44 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved_p_singh View Post
Booked AX7 AT Pet on June 1 2022 from India Garage, Whitefield and after couple of drastic movements, CPD has now stabilized around May-June 2023 (~ an year of wait). In fact, the earlier date of early May has now been pushed to early June. Needless to say this is very frustrating & prompting me look elsewhere. Is anyone else experiencing the same? Looks like delivery of petrols is now fewer than diesels which is reverse of the earlier situation when petrols had a better delivery situation. Appreciate any inputs/suggestion on this situation. Thanks!
I also had a bad experience with them and they shifted my delivery from Nov to e/Jan 2023. I escalated to Twitter to Anand Mahindra and Dec they promised in Jan 2023. You need to chase them every day. I felt they prioritized others as the price was increasing and I was the victim of the price hikes. But overall now I am enjoying the vehicle.
aka_iitd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 17:14   #7897
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Chennai
Posts: 18
Thanked: 54 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
I wrote to customer care. Yes, it is allocated in a sequential manner. They responded stating, the overall wait time for sequential indicators is coming down from 6 to 3 months. They are clearing the waitlist. Since I got my vehicle (AX7L) E'Dec, I was asked to get in touch with them by B'March.

The dealer will notify on the allocation and also dispatch the parts to the service center the customer wants to go for fitment.
With Mahindra we really cant trust them to be following a process, so I doubt its sequential. I got delivery of my car in Dec 2nd week. I got my seq. indicator during my first service in Jan. Didnt do any follow ups, it was already listed for installation in their system.
Hope you get it soon.
harish11128 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2023, 18:52   #7898
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 114
Thanked: 42 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hello Folks - I have booked my AX7L AT(D) in Oct 2022 from AMPL Hyderabad. Current status shows "Order under planning" with a tentative delivery date of Feb/March 2024. Based on what I have been reading looks like Mahindra is increasing production and most folks seem to be getting delivery a little earlier.
Based on what folks have seen, is there a better timeline for delivery that I can expect? If this is going to go beyond Nov/Dec, then I might want to look at other options as well.
Appreciate any inputs
DoneAndDusted is offline  
Old 13th February 2023, 22:46   #7899
Newbie
 
drrikhav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: bhuj
Posts: 19
Thanked: 8 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Appreciate any inputs
I booked same model in sep22 and got same delivery dates as per yours.
Received message from Mahindra before few days that they working hard to get my vehicle earliest possible and when I checked my booking details, my tentative date is now showing Aug23. So keep up your hope and wish you new date soon.
drrikhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 00:35   #7900
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: Thane
Posts: 36
Thanked: 154 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Based on what folks have seen, is there a better timeline for delivery that I can expect? If this is going to go beyond Nov/Dec, then I might want to look at other options as well.
Appreciate any inputs
I booked AX7LPAT in Aug'22 and my earlier CPD was Jan'24, which has now been adjusted to Oct'23. I am expecting to get vehicle by June-July'23. So, expect similar kind of timeline for your vehicle as well.
RashmiRathi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 11:04   #7901
BHPian
 
amahale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 129
Thanked: 168 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Hi All - Checking if someone went for some coating/paint protection for XUV7OO. I checked with 3M (Bangalore) and they are asking for 2L(auto sealant) and 1L(normal). Any cheaper but good options. I have covered parking at home/office. My goal is to keep the car safe from swirl marks from regular cleaning.
Other thought - Do i really need any coating etc after reading few bad review mainly on PPF
I got Graphene Ceramic coating done from Carzspa, Mysore road. It costed me around 50K for the entire car including trims, glasses and interiors (piano black parts). I too have covered basement parking and this I felt was the better option for me.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 11:07   #7902
BHPian
 
dolphinjazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Guwahati
Posts: 28
Thanked: 47 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
Received my XUV 700 MX-D yesterday. Delivery was smooth and quick, Thank you PPS Mahindra, Indiranagar. I will write a detailed post later with all the details.
Congratulations on completing 1 year with the car. Would like to hear from you how has been the journey so far. Please share your experience.

A relative of mine is planning to book MX (not finalized P or D). Hearing from actual owners helps a lot.

Mod Note : Please go through Posting Etiquettes before making any further post.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th February 2023 at 11:10. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
dolphinjazz is offline  
Old 14th February 2023, 11:26   #7903
BHPian
 
amahale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 129
Thanked: 168 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I wanted to get my brake callipers painted in a different colour, so I checked with a detailer and he mentioned that the authorised service centre folks may object to this or treat this as breach in warranty. Any thoughts is much appreciated?

Has anybody got their brake callipers painted? If so then which colour and can you post some pictures?

Thanks!!
amahale is offline  
Old 14th February 2023, 13:21   #7904
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 168 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinjazz View Post
Congratulations on completing 1 year with the car. Would like to hear from you how has been the journey so far. Please share your experience.

A relative of mine is planning to book MX (not finalized P or D). Hearing from actual owners helps a lot.
Thank you dolphinjazz. Overall its mixed experience for me as I came from a 10 years niggle free relationship with Honda.

It is a beast on highways and never felt underpowered. Base model(MX) comes with enough features but I wish they could have added driver side window one touch rollup and rolldown. However, following are shortcomings with my vehicle.
  1. Instrumental panel cluster takes few minutes (up to 10 minutes sometimes) to come up some times.
  2. ICE Touchscreen randomly stops working.
  3. When I reported the above 2 issues during my first service, They suspected issue could be with IC board and replaced it at my cost (warranty was not applied as per SA). However, that didn't fix the issues but I got used to live with them now. So, No more complaints.
  4. Had to visit service center 2 times for the DPF issues, Vehicle gets locked to first 2 gears and accelerator won't work for upper shifts. (I never ignored any DPF warnings and always run auto regen within few kms when I see the warning sign). They had replaced the filter(at my cost again) on second visit and no more issues since few months.
  5. Rear Windows buttons stopped working after few months (I'm waiting for the annual service to get this checked)
  6. AC Vents Plastic quality is really poor and all knobs are already gone.
  7. Also Service Center is always keeps the vehicle for 2-3 days to fix any issues. It was never the case with my Honda City.

However, I'm happy with the vehicle overall for the price I paid.
snallagatla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 14:12   #7905
BHPian
 
harishhm74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 95 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish11128 View Post
With Mahindra we really cant trust them to be following a process, so I doubt its sequential. I got delivery of my car in Dec 2nd week. I got my seq. indicator during my first service in Jan. Didnt do any follow ups, it was already listed for installation in their system.
Hope you get it soon.
It has been 5 months now - but not yet received nor does Mahindra provide any proactive communication. I contacted Mahindra via tweet - still no response since many days. On top of it, they had the audacity to spam with me marketing offers instead of responding
Absolutely poor service mindset.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20230214-2.06.21-pm.png  

harishhm74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks