Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2023, 23:09   #7921
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

My friend who got the AX5 delivery in April 2022 has got his Sequential Indicators allocated finally from Sireesh Auto.
He will gte them installed during 10K service
This is super late (Almost 10 months) However I am not sure if he kept following up on these or not.
Old 16th February 2023, 09:04   #7922
BHPian

I am looking for some advice. I have the option of either using Apple Car play or Android Auto in my XUV700. Given I have installed a amplifier with direct Bluetooth Streaming I will always need to have 2 phones in my car (one for music streaming and the other for Apple Carplay/Andriod Auto). Currently I am thinking of using Andriod Auto instead of Carplay and use my iphone to stream music directly.

What I am looking to understand is that is there a real difference in using either Carplay or Android? Is there one better than the other? more stable perhaps? Any advice is welcome.

Basis the advice I want to fix which one I will use for what. Thanks in advance.
Old 16th February 2023, 13:26   #7923

Greetings All! Just took delivery of the new car. I had initially booked the AX5 but was lured into getting the AX7 D MT. Accessories I got were the side step, floor mats, mudflaps, screen protector and anti theft lug nuts for the tyres. Took delivery from Zulaikha Motors Chennai.

Looking forward to munching those Kms
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20230210wa0009.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20230210wa0008.jpg  

Carmageddon1984 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 14:07   #7924

Quick question on the Mega Camp starting from today. Anyone taking their car for a check up? Any benefit from this for relatively new cars? I have about 3500km on the odo (car is about 4 months old). No issues as such.
Old 16th February 2023, 14:10   #7925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
My friend who got the AX5 delivery in April 2022 has got his Sequential Indicators allocated finally from Sireesh Auto.
He will gte them installed during 10K service
This is super late (Almost 10 months) However I am not sure if he kept following up on these or not.
Sequential indicators are/were only available in AX7L models. What am I missing.
Old 16th February 2023, 14:35   #7926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Sequential indicators are/were only available in AX7L models. What am I missing.
Initially sequential indicators were present AX5 onwards. Somewhere around June/July 2022 M&M made these exclusive to AX7L with a caveat that all the customers who got the delivery before that will eventually get the indicators retrofitted at a later date.
Old 16th February 2023, 15:16   #7927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon1984 View Post
Greetings All! Just took delivery of the new car. I had initially booked the AX5 but was lured into getting the AX7 D MT. Accessories I got were the side step, floor mats, mudflaps, screen protector and anti theft lug nuts for the tyres. Took delivery from Zulaikha Motors Chennai.

Looking forward to munching those Kms
Congrats on your new car, please do let us know is there any difficulty in changing gears from 1st to 2nd and any clutch issues.
Old 16th February 2023, 18:17   #7928

There is definitely a level of notchiness shifting from 1st to 2nd and also vice versa. However, the owners manual specifically mentions that this is to be expected for the first few hundred kms after which things should smooth out. I do hope this is true because once you get past the 2nd gear, the rest of the gears shift like butter.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20230216_181624.jpg  

Carmageddon1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 21:36   #7929
BHPian

Quote:
There is definitely a level of notchiness shifting from 1st to 2nd and also vice versa. However, the owners manual specifically mentions that this is to be expected for the first few hundred kms after which things should smooth out. I do hope this is true because once you get past the 2nd gear, the rest of the gears shift like butter.
My gajraj is having the odo reading of 16000 km and the resistance is there. Infact I noticed it after 10k kms. Though I'm comfortable with it as its not a big thing to me. So I'm confused about when to expect this resistance in gear shifting
sudanmohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 22:56   #7930

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post
My gajraj is having the odo reading of 16000 km and the resistance is there. Infact I noticed it after 10k kms. Though I'm comfortable with it as its not a big thing to me. So I'm confused about when to expect this resistance in gear shifting
It honestly doesn't bother me either. Firstly, it's a new baby so it can do no wrong Secondly, I'll take the trade off of being in total control of my gears over automatic. Although, if I'm being totally honest, I would have felt differently if the automatic came with paddle shift.

Btw. How did you land on the name Gajraj?
Carmageddon1984 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 02:14   #7931
BHPian

Quote:
It honestly doesn't bother me either. Firstly, it's a new baby so it can do no wrong Secondly, I'll take the trade off of being in total control of my gears over automatic. Although, if I'm being totally honest, I would have felt differently if the automatic came with paddle shift.

Btw. How did you land on the name Gajraj?
I agree completely on both. Though I feel comfortable with manual but I believe that paddle shifters might have made some difference in decision. there is one more very important point which is usually not accepted in public forums (the money factor). It's always good to save some money (especially for me).

Now about the name "gajraj". Well, i wonder how our childhood affects almost everything we do in our life. my father is an ex air force personnel and my childhood was spent in air force campus. Not going into too many details, the first aircraft which stunned me by its huge size and appeal was IL-76MD commonly known as gajraj (its probably the largest transport/carrier aircraft in India). Mind it that I was about 9-10 yrs old and already had seen many fighter aeroplanes and helicopters. But the sheer size and aura of gajraj was mesmerizing.
Now this is first time we got a seven seater car in family and anything else than white colour.
So last yr at the time of delivery of my AX7L MT mid night black, when my kid said.. "ye to andar se jahaz jaisi lagti hai", the name that automatically came out was, gajraj.

Hope i didn't bore you down with my childhood nostalgia
Happy motoring
sudanmohit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 08:24   #7932
BHPian

My XUV went for 20k service yesterday. Mahindra recommends oil change at 20k interval(mine was changed at 10k service) so the service center didnt replace engine oil and oil filter. My service advisor also said that it isnt required because BS6 cars use synthetic oil anyway(dont know if this is true)
Should I change the oil? or let it be? Doesnt cost much anyways(around 2700rs)
Old 17th February 2023, 09:46   #7933
BHPian

Even my car is approaching 20k service and I noticed that in the schedule that the interval is 20k. I decided not to change given that Mahindra recommends it strongly (my SA was talking about it at 10k service) and they know a thing or two about long-term maintenance of diesel engines with high mileage.
ramradcliff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 10:03   #7934

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmohit View Post
Hope i didn't bore you down with my childhood nostalgia
Happy motoring
Not at all! Thank you for sharing. Always interested in learning how people land up with such interesting names for their car.

I usued to end up naming my cars based on the two alphabets that I receive after registration. Eg my first car had a registration TN02BA****. So I named it Baracus. After B.A Baracus ie Mr T from the A-Team. This habit quickly stopped however when I received my second car and the registration for that was unfortunately TN02BJ****
Carmageddon1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 11:05   #7935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
My XUV went for 20k service yesterday. Mahindra recommends oil change at 20k interval(mine was changed at 10k service) so the service center didnt replace engine oil and oil filter. My service advisor also said that it isnt required because BS6 cars use synthetic oil anyway(dont know if this is true)
Should I change the oil? or let it be? Doesnt cost much anyways(around 2700rs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
Even my car is approaching 20k service and I noticed that in the schedule that the interval is 20k. I decided not to change given that Mahindra recommends it strongly (my SA was talking about it at 10k service) and they know a thing or two about long-term maintenance of diesel engines with high mileage.
I have my doubts about the Maximile Ultra being synthetic oil. I have checked the oil can during my 10K service - synthetic oil is not written anywhere on the lable. Also synthetic oils cost in the market for other reputed brands are not comparable with the cost of 6 Ltrs of Maximile Ultra charged by M&M.

The above facts have led me to believe that the Maximile Ultra used by M&M for BS6 engines is a mineral based oil and not fully synthetic.

Experts in the forum are invited to comment on this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks