Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2023, 11:17   #7936
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_wanderer View Post
I am looking for some advice. I have the option of either using Apple Car play or Android Auto in my XUV700. Given I have installed a amplifier with direct Bluetooth Streaming I will always need to have 2 phones in my car (one for music streaming and the other for Apple Carplay/Andriod Auto). Currently I am thinking of using Andriod Auto instead of Carplay and use my iphone to stream music directly.

What I am looking to understand is that is there a real difference in using either Carplay or Android? Is there one better than the other? more stable perhaps? Any advice is welcome.

Basis the advice I want to fix which one I will use for what. Thanks in advance.
Based on reviews from others in the group Android auto seems to be more stable than Apple car play. I have been using android auto from day one and it hasn’t given me issues till today - connects immediately and haven’t faced a single connection failure issue. My car dosen’t even have apple car play as Mahindra rolled back the car play update. This should tell you that Apple car play is still not completely stable.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 11:30   #7937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
Based on reviews from others in the group Android auto seems to be more stable than Apple car play. I have been using android auto from day one and it hasn’t given me issues till today - connects immediately and haven’t faced a single connection failure issue. My car dosen’t even have apple car play as Mahindra rolled back the car play update. This should tell you that Apple car play is still not completely stable.
Android Auto after the Apple Car Play update is quite terrible, in my experience. Wireless is much worse compared to the wired connection. Very often, it won't even connect! But it was definitely better before we got the Apple Car Play update.

But Apple Car Play did not appear to have any problems with the wired connection when we tried it out.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 11:42   #7938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
Based on reviews from others in the group Android auto seems to be more stable than Apple car play. I have been using android auto from day one and it hasn’t given me issues till today - connects immediately and haven’t faced a single connection failure issue.
On two phones with top tier snapdragon chips - absolutely no problems with Android Auto, Just have to make sure bluetooth is on and it has sufficient battery. A budget phone I tried drops the connection, I think the battery saver is the culprit because I connected the charger cable and it no longer dropped the connection - it was still using wireless AA.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2023, 13:57   #7939
BHPian

Can owners of the XUV700 petrol variant confirm if the owner's manual mentions whether the vehicle is E20 ready?
Old 17th February 2023, 19:20   #7940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinjazz View Post
A relative of mine is planning to book MX (not finalized P or D). Hearing from actual owners helps a lot.
I've written a detailed review of MX-D here: https://www.team-bhp.com/news/brough...7-pros-14-cons

And I would strongly recommend to get MX variant with ESP. This option wasn't there when I got the car in March 2022.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 15:39   #7941
BHPian

Got done with the first free service for my XUV700 AX7L P AT at around 1300+ km and 3 months since delivery. It was basically a good wash followed by some checks for fluids in the engine bay. No other critical systems seem to have been touched. I was done in a couple of hours even though there was a huge rush due to an ongoing free service camp at the workshop.

Here is the status of some of the items on my wish list:

Apple Car Play installation:Did not bother with it this time. I am still not very confident about the quality of the Apple Car Play build. Will wait for some more time before venturing to get this installed

Rear sequential indicator:I had included this as a task while booking the appointment. However, it did not help. Apparently, the workshop is still getting limited supplies from M&M (around 20 sets a month). I was told by the SA that one usually gets a call from the workshop after a week or up to a month after the first service (not sure how reliable this information is). So, this is still pending.

Lower control arm and the rear control bush replacement: I was told there was no recall on my vehicle related to these parts. Perhaps, rightly so. I haven’t experienced any noise coming from the suspensions. So, I guess, my vehicle came installed with the right parts already from the factory (VIN N6Lxxxxx)

One small niggle I noticed after the service was that my Adrenox app started giving a “low fuel” notification on startup even though there was enough petrol in the tank for a range of over 200km. I showed it to the CoTek at the workshop. He seemed clueless and gave all kinds of explanations to indicate that all was well. After a point, I had no option but to drive out since there was nothing more I could do. After I reached home, I noticed that there was a fuel fill event logged in my Adrenox fuel log (perhaps due to someone fiddling with the fuel tank lid at the workshop?). I promptly deleted the entry from the fuel log. Hopefully, this solves the issue of “low fuel” notification on startup.

Last edited by roadmuncher26 : 18th February 2023 at 15:48. Reason: Grammatical error
roadmuncher26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 17:31   #7942
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a good waterproof body cover. The reviews of Mahindra body covers is not great so looking for something from the market. My car is parked on the road and will definitely need a body cover, any pointers really appreciated.
Old 18th February 2023, 18:02   #7943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated_Owl View Post
Can owners of the XUV700 petrol variant confirm if the owner's manual mentions whether the vehicle is E20 ready?
//Use only commercially available Petrol fuel
conforming to Indian Standard (IS 2796: 2017 BS-VI
specification or equivalent). Information on Petrol quality
can normally be found in the fuel pump. Please contact
filling station personnel in case labels in the pump cannot
be found.//

This is what I found in the manual. Nothing on E20 readiness
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 08:28   #7944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
Quick question on sequential indicators: Are people getting calls from dealership or does one need to actively follow-up with them? In my first service, the person told me that the parts will specifically be allotted to my car and the showroom will call me when the parts arrive. Has that been the experience? Sorry if this has already been discussed.
I got sequential turn indicators after 7 emails to customer care and 30 plus calls to dealer.
It took exactly 6 months after taking delivery for them to install the indicators. It was my repeated calls that got me the indicators. During one such screaming call, the dealer told me to bring the car and get it installed. If I had been passively waiting for my good karma to act, I would not have got the STIs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_wanderer View Post
I am looking for some advice. I have the option of either using Apple Car play or Android Auto in my XUV700. Given I have installed a amplifier with direct Bluetooth Streaming I will always need to have 2 phones in my car (one for music streaming and the other for Apple Carplay/Andriod Auto). Currently I am thinking of using Andriod Auto instead of Carplay and use my iphone to stream music directly.

What I am looking to understand is that is there a real difference in using either Carplay or Android? Is there one better than the other? more stable perhaps? Any advice is welcome.

Basis the advice I want to fix which one I will use for what. Thanks in advance.
I use Apple Carplay when I'm driving myself.
If wife or driver are driving, they use Android Auto.
Both the softwares, fortunately, are stable in my AT L D AWD.

I personally prefer Apple Carplay over Android Auto, since it covers the entire screen and has better readability compared to Android Auto.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th February 2023 at 10:13. Reason: Back tyo back posts merged
ColAjayDrives is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 00:10   #7945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
Thank you dolphinjazz. Overall its mixed experience for me as I came from a 10 years niggle free relationship with Honda.
[list=1][*] Instrumental panel cluster takes few minutes (up to 10 minutes sometimes) to come up some times. [*] ICE Touchscreen randomly stops working. [*] When I reported the above 2 issues during my first service, They suspected issue could be with IC board and replaced it at my cost (warranty was not applied as per SA). However, that didn't fix the issues but I got used to live with them now. So, No more complaints.
I too had similar problems on my MX D for the last 4-5 months and had to visit the service center few times for resolution. From what I understood from the discussions at service center is that the issue is not related to hardware, it's more of a software issue. Many others are also facing the same issues. Though the technicians tried to resolve the problem by flashing the software couple of times, it didn't helped.

Finally I got the latest software few days ago. The package version now is 10.xx and this has for the time being resolved the matter. Additionally with this update, the rear view camera comes up in full screen mode when the gear is slotted to reverse.

You may check with your service center to try and get this version.
StarVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 14:00   #7946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAjayDrives View Post
I personally prefer Apple Carplay over Android Auto, since it covers the entire screen and has better readability compared to Android Auto.
Ditto, I have been using APPLE CARPLAY and it is working fine.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 21st February 2023 at 14:04. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
Old 21st February 2023, 19:50   #7947
BHPian

Hello everyone, 2 weeks back me and my family visited a mahindra showroom in banglore to check out the new xuv700. We liked it at planned to book the top end ax7L petrol at in midnight black. The waiting period is about 8-9 months. So in the mean time we checked out the slavia and city too.

So now we are confused in the above mentioned cars, our requirements are:

1.Space for 3 at back. We need a proper 5 seater. This car is only for highways.
2.Fun to drive with exellent stability between the speeds of 110 to 130.
3.Feature loaded
4.Waiting period is not an issue but the sooner the better.
5.Decent reliability
6.Solid build quality and crash rating.

The variants of the cars picked are: 1) Xuv700 Petrol Ax7L
2) Slavia 1.5 DSG
3) Honda City 1.5 CVT(facelift)

So, do give your suggestions. Thank You

Keep Revvin,
MotorDev
Old 22nd February 2023, 14:05   #7948

AX7L P AT May 2022 Gurgaon

Has anyone with pending tail lights received them in Gurgaon from Koncept. The dealership passes on to workshop and they have only one response that they don't have the part. If anyone from Mahindra reads this thread can you update on this?
Old 22nd February 2023, 18:16   #7949
BHPian

Question on an off-topic:-

Does it make sense to opt for such mega camps when your XUV700 is under warranty, has done 7K kms and also in near term would avail 10K kms free service?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled.png  

k_gpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 18:23   #7950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_gpatel View Post
Question on an off-topic:-

Does it make sense to opt for such mega camps when your XUV700 is under warranty, has done 7K kms and also in near term would avail 10K kms free service?
Yes, if the time is not your concern, there is no harm getting things checked-up. Right now the service centers are super welcoming the customers. A quick software update, top-up of DEF (if you need it on your car), or a quick check would always be ok.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks