Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2023, 08:10   #8026
BHPian

Re: XUV700's Ingress issue for tall folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveVolvo07 View Post
Hello!

I am posting for the first time on Team-BHP regarding a small but irritating issue that I have noticed on the Mahindra XUV7OO.

We had a Skoda Rapid as a daily driver but the car had covered 1.3L km in 10 years, so we started searching for a new SUV in the budget of 30-40 lakhs. We test drove a few cars namely:

1) Skoda Kushaq (1.5 Monte Carlo DSG)
2) Volkswagen Taigun (1.5 GT DSG)
3) Mahindra XUV7OO (AX7L Diesel Automatic)
4) Tata Harrier (Diesel Automatic)
5) Jeep Compass (Diesel and petrol Automatic)
6) BYD Atto 3 (Electric of course!)

After a detailed research of all the vehicles we zeroed in on the Compass and the XUV7OO, the latter is no doubt the most value for money car in the price bracket I mentioned. But, there was one issue with the car which hardly anyone has pointed out on the internet i.e. the problem of ingress for taller passengers in the front row of seats (For some context, me and my dad are 6 feet tall). Every time we tried to sit in the front row of seats our head banged against the A-Pillar, we tried every possible adjustment on the otherwise very comfortable seats, we moved the seat completely backward and set it to the least height but the problem was still persistent. We still had hopes as a side step would somewhat eradicate the problem but then came the waiting period of one year, this was just not ideal for us and we decided to move on. Later, we booked the Jeep Compass Model S 4x4 AT in the devilish Black colour, we were given the delivery of the vehicle within 2 weeks ! I will be posting another detailed thread regarding the car buying process and the options that we considered. Also, has anyone else experienced the same issue with the 7OO?

Thank you for reading,
Nipun
Yes the issue is preety much there for tall passengers.
My brother who is almost 6 feet tall struggles to get in the front row seats. Certain angle of bending and flexibility is required to get in and out
If this issue is a deal breaker for you, take a look at the facelift harrier and safari twins.
niranjan.mulye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 09:18   #8027
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

My AC vent adjuster/slider broke off yesterday.What might be the solution? Will get the vehicle checked at the service center too.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230307_082342.jpg  

Old 7th March 2023, 10:47   #8028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But, there was one issue with the car which hardly anyone has pointed out on the internet i.e. the problem of ingress for taller passengers in the front row of seats (For some context, me and my dad are 6 feet tall). Every time we tried to sit in the front row of seats our head banged against the A-Pillar, we tried every possible adjustment on the otherwise very comfortable seats, we moved the seat completely backward and set it to the least height but the problem was still persistent.

Also, has anyone else experienced the same issue with the 7OO?
Well Sir, I am six foot tall and I have never faced any ingress or egress issues in my brief ownership of 8 months.
Getting in and out of the XUV700 is a breeze given its high roof and the lower floor (compared to traditional body-on-frame SUVs)

I do however, face a problem every time at the passenger side of the front row. I feel that the lack of hieght adjustment on the passenger side in the reason for this.

Last edited by Sommos : 7th March 2023 at 10:54.
Old 7th March 2023, 10:53   #8029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
I have another observation on the "stop" case. After an auto stop/start sequence, the next stop is unpredictable. As an example, 25-50 metres before a signal, in very slow moving traffic, I auto stop/start. When I eventually brake at the signal (for e.g. 1.5 mins), the car doesn't auto stop off. Surely, there is some logic (time lag?) built in, to avoid frequent auto stop in very slow moving traffic. Have you observed the same?
Yes, same happens to me. The online manual (which mentions this only for MT and not AT) says: "In the current ignition cycle, the vehicle has crossed 2 kmph at least once". But I noticed that it wont auto-stop after an auto-start even after attaining speed higher than 2KMPH. I have to drive at higher speed or longer distance for the auto-stop to kick in again.

So when the car auto-stops at a traffic signal and if the car ahead of me moves slightly ahead, then I don't close the gap but wait till the signal is green before I release the break.

Quote:
Your tips [1] & [2] are handy, will check. Agree to your suggestion on giving "N" some purpose in the decision making .

Stop/Start button ON:

Auto Stop - Vehicle halt -> Brake Pressed -> "N" mode (Release Brake after this)
Auto Start - Brake Pressed -> "D" mode (This is anyway an expected operation to shift the mode).

Stop/Start button OFF:

Engine keeps running between D->N->D shifts.

Makes sense?
Completely makes sense; hope we can get a software update that fixes this.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 15:22   #8030
BHPian

Is shifting the gear to Neutral every time I stop (even a brief one) bad for the AT Gearbox?
can the learned souls shed some light on the above.
TIA
Old 7th March 2023, 16:53   #8031
BHPian

Quote:
But, there was one issue with the car which hardly anyone has pointed out on the internet i.e. the problem of ingress for taller passengers in the front row of seats (For some context, me and my dad are 6 feet tall). Every time we tried to sit in the front row of seats our head banged against the A-Pillar, we tried every possible adjustment on the otherwise very comfortable seats, we moved the seat completely backward and set it to the least height but the problem was still persistent.
You are absolutely right. Hardly anyone pointed out this ingress problem, although many reviews complained about the lack of headroom. I was perhaps the first to mention it in this thread in my recent post (Mahindra XUV700 Review). In fact, this was one reason (apart from long waiting) that I decided not to book it a year back.

I gave 7OO a second look only after I observed the Toyota HyCross in person. I faced a very similar problem there, albeit to a lesser extent since driver's seat in HyCross is slightly more inside and lower.

I assume that lack of complaints on this issue means it is a matter of getting used to the vehicle.

Last edited by jampot : 7th March 2023 at 16:55.
jampot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 17:07   #8032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
My AC vent adjuster/slider broke off yesterday.What might be the solution? Will get the vehicle checked at the service center too.
Had a similar issue on the 3 series I had earlier - service center wanted to replace the complete vent under warranty but i was a little hesitant on opening it and after some search I was able to get a clip on tab on ebay that was a perfect match for the factory finish. Doubt if we can source one matching the 700 given that it's a relatively newer model but its worth giving it a try.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 17:14   #8033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Well Sir, I am six foot tall and I have never faced any ingress or egress issues in my brief ownership of 8 months.
Getting in and out of the XUV700 is a breeze given its high roof and the lower floor (compared to traditional body-on-frame SUVs)

I do however, face a problem every time at the passenger side of the front row. I feel that the lack of hieght adjustment on the passenger side in the reason for this.
Oh! Does your 7OO have a sidestep? Or is it any specific way that we need to get into the car?
Old 7th March 2023, 17:54   #8034
BHPian

Installed pedal covers accessory?

Did anyone install pedal covers accessory that is available on m2all? I bought the 'hex pattern covers for automatic' and unable to install it despite following the instructions on the packet. It has rubber groves on all four sides to be wrapped around the pedal. The instructions asks to pull the pedal groves starting at the bottom, fix it on the lower side of the pedal, then pull and fix the grove equally on both the sides, and then finally on the top. But given there is full size metal on the surface, fixed tightly to the rubber part across the surface area, it's not possible to get the fingers under the pedal to pull the folds, especially the fourth/top side. When the three sides are fitted, the pedal cover is already fitting closely and it is impossible to pull the fort side with no space to hold it! The cover comes off from the other sides, when I try to hold it!

Unlike the brake pedal, given the accelerator pedal is thicker and longer without a removable rubber cover, even fixing three sides looks impossible.

Wanted to see if anyone could get to do this themselves and can advise how you did it. The site quotes 'Simple snap-on fitment' which now sounds misleading!

Last edited by impala : 7th March 2023 at 17:58.
Old 7th March 2023, 18:15   #8035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Installed pedal covers accessory?

Unlike the brake pedal, given the accelerator pedal is thicker and longer without a removable rubber cover, even fixing three sides looks impossible.

Wanted to see if anyone could get to do this themselves and can advise how you did it. The site quotes 'Simple snap-on fitment' which now sounds misleading!
For the accelerator pedal, you have to remove the rubber cover. It can't fit on top of it. For the brake pedal, you can fix it on top. The service center guy gave me back the rubber cover.
haribalram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 18:23   #8036
BHPian

Quote:
For the accelerator pedal, you have to remove the rubber cover. For the brake pedal, you can fix it on top.
Thanks for the prompt response! I shall try removing the rubber cover of the accelerator pedal. When I checked, I couldn't find it removable unlike the brake pedal and assumed it cannot be removed. It was also thinner of the two. For the brake pedal, I am sure I have to remove the rubber cover, as otherwise, it is too thick for the groves.
Old 7th March 2023, 18:38   #8037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Thanks for the prompt response! I shall try removing the rubber cover of the accelerator pedal. When I checked, I couldn't find it removable unlike the brake pedal and assumed it cannot be removed. It was also thinner of the two. For the brake pedal, I am sure I have to remove the rubber cover, as otherwise, it is too thick for the groves.
Sincere apologies, I mixed up the accelerator & brake pedals. You can fix the cover on top of the rubber accelator pedal. For the brakes, you have to remove the rubber cover.
haribalram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 22:39   #8038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramradcliff View Post
Bringing this up to check if anyone has any leads within Bangalore?

Also, if there is a place which can install leather upholstery, can you share the contact information for that as well? TIA!
I would suggest you to take a look at Karlsson Indiranagar. They have done an immaculate job on our car. You get genuine Nappa leather if that's what you want.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220701_120952.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220701_120430.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220701_120946.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20220709_155833.jpg  

SLK_2005 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 23:30   #8039
BHPian

I am in market for a 6/7 seater suv and have test driven hector and xuv700. I am bending towards xuv however I have a concern regarding the boot space. We are a family of 6 and take weekend outings of 2-3 days. Till my smaller kid now aged 2.5 years was younger and sat in the lap, our ecosport served well and boot space of 350 ltrs was fine. Now we look forward to around 400 litres space with 6 sitting. Hector has option of roof carrier but XUV doesn't. That leaves option of folding seat. If we fold half seat of last row, how much space the XuV has? I can nowhere find this info. Can someone throw light on this?
Old 8th March 2023, 00:46   #8040

Hi , need some questions? Please help

So my car Axl p AT was booked in April 2022 and is still under order under planning stage , the sale representative said March April but hasn't been able to provide any concrete update,

Q1. Is there anyone in the same stage, waiting for a year now?? The booking is based out of Bangalore

Q2. How long do these guys give to arrange for finance and updates on arrival of the car, do they give 2 week prior notice

Q3. I am traveling for a couple of weeks in April, if the car comes can they hold it for 15 days ony request?

Most Viewed