Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2023, 22:55   #8056
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Hello BhPians,
Multiple tries with the Start/Stop button wouldn’t help. The problem was in pressing the brake to start the car. It just refused to be prrssed, and became rock solid. The infotainment booted up properly and so was everything else on point, which indicated that the battery was not giving trouble. Shut the car and got out. Tried remote start via Adrenox and even that failed. Gave it a break for about 10 mins and booked an Uber to head to office as I was getting really late. Ultimately decided on giving it another shot and voila! it started. Didn’t think much as I was under the impression that this was just another temporary niggle. Drove to office, just about 6 kms away without any hiccup. While leaving from office in the evening, the same thing all over again and even after multiple attempts of passing it away as just another niggle, had no option but to dial Mahindra RSA. Thankfully this occurred within my office premises, so I wasn’t stranded in the middle of the road somewhere. The RSA guys surprisingly reached within half an hour and tried to diagnose what’s wrong. Tried jump-starting but to no avail. Finally the car had to be mounted on the flatbed truck and taken to the NBS Mahindra Goregaon workshop. By this time, it was past 8.30 pm. The RSA guys confirmed that the vehicle was accepted at the service centre but action will be initiated only the next morning. Got a call from the SA the next morning to confirm vehicle details. By 3pm, the issue was diagnosed to be a faulty Relay. Was charged 151/- for a Micro Relay 35A, as this isn’t covered under Mahindra 3-year warranty. The SA bundled a complimentary exterior + interior wash. Went to the workshop in the evening and picked up the vehicle. Was assured that this was a one-off issue and shouldn’t recur like this. Nonetheless, keeping fingers crossed.
Hello Nikhil,

It is really unfortunate to see that your mighty beast faced a hit.

On the minor hiccups you mentioned, I had a similar experience of my XUV700 AX5 P MT stalling in the middle of traffic, refused to start which is exactly after taking back from the service after the GVV installation.

Guess what? They replaced the Fuel Pump Relay stating relay overheating caused this issue.

Did this happened immediately or few kms after installing GVV pipe or after couple of thousand kms? Do confirm.

Between here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...on-xuv700.html (Mahindra XUV700 (aka Rudra) Initial Ownership Report | Journey from an Eon to the XUV700) is the link to my ownership review. Luckily CAI Mahindra rushed to the spot and gave me a loaner and delivered the car sorting out the niggles.

Last edited by rudra_shiv : 9th March 2023 at 22:57.
Old 10th March 2023, 03:34   #8057
BHPian

Dear fellow Bhpians, can anyone tell me the ex-showroom price of the following variants
1. AX3 Diesel Manual 7 str with ESP option
2. AX5 Petrol Manual 7 str with ESP option

Reading the brochure, I do not think ESP comes as standard for the above variants and hence the question. My local dealer is pretty clueless.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10th March 2023, 06:42   #8058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Dear fellow Bhpians, can anyone tell me the ex-showroom price of the following variants
1. AX3 Diesel Manual 7 str with ESP option
2. AX5 Petrol Manual 7 str with ESP option

Reading the brochure, I do not think ESP comes as standard for the above variants and hence the question. My local dealer is pretty clueless.

Thanks in advance.
Quoting from Mahindra's website: "Electronic Stability Program (ESP) is available as standard feature in AX3 (Automatic), AX5 (Diesel Manual, Diesel Automatic, Petrol Automatic), AX7 (all trims), AX7 Luxury (all trims). Additionally, ESP is available as optional pack on MX (all trims), AX3 (Manual trims) and AX5 (Petrol Manual)"

The variants the optional ESP are called the "E" variants

According to Mahindra's website, AX3 Diesel Manual "E" costs INR 16,89,100 however it is only available in the 5-seater variant. The AX5 Petrol Manual "E" costs INR 18,35,299 with the 7-seater option.
B747fan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 11:04   #8059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Did anyone install pedal covers accessory that is available on m2all? The site quotes 'Simple snap-on fitment' which now sounds misleading!
Updating my experience as someone may found this helpful. The instruction to install pedal covers printed on the package is likely for a different pedal cover that does not have metal covering the entire surface area. The instructions do not work for XUV700 pedal covers.

Cover of accelerator need to be slid in from the bottom; there is no top grove unlike brake pedal that you need to put after the cover is in position. You need to slide in the brake cover from either left or right, I found it easier from the left. After it is fully pushed to place, you need to pull the groves on the right side in place. I used a soft thread that was put under the grove before sliding it in to pull the grooves but probably one wouldn't need that. Finally confirmed that all groves are correctly in place using the front camera of my mobile.
impala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 16:11   #8060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747fan View Post
The variants the optional ESP are called the "E" variants

According to Mahindra's website, AX3 Diesel Manual "E" costs INR 16,89,100 however it is only available in the 5-seater variant. The AX5 Petrol Manual "E" costs INR 18,35,299 with the 7-seater option.
Thanks B747fan. I have seen the brochure statements but this is what got me confused. I would have expected AX3 7 str Manual Diesel also to have an ESP option, but cant find it on their website like you said. To add to the confusion, my local dealer now says the "E" is for RDE compliant engines, and not for ESP

Any idea how much additional ESP option would cost on top of the standard variant? Could anyone check with your local dealers please to get a correct picture on this? Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 16:15   #8061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Thanks B747fan. I have seen the brochure statements but this is what got me confused. I would have expected AX3 7 str Manual Diesel also to have an ESP option, but cant find it on their website like you said. To add to the confusion, my local dealer now says the "E" is for RDE compliant engines, and not for ESP

Any idea how much additional ESP option would cost on top of the standard variant? Could anyone check with your local dealers please to get a correct picture on this? Thanks
The "E" is actually for extra safety features, I think you might want to enquire with another dealer?

You can also find this info on many sources online, I am just linking two below:

https://www.v3cars.com/news/mahindra...afety-features

https://www.91wheels.com/news/mahind...afety-features
B747fan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 17:13   #8062
BHPian

Hi,

So, day before yesterday I received the much awaited message from Mahindra that my XUV 700 has been dispatched and should reach the dealership soon.

Just wanted to know, if anyone has an idea on how much time does it take for this - my dealership is in Gurgaon ? Also post PDI and payment, generally how much time does it take for us to take delivery of the vehicle ?
arsh9191 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 19:32   #8063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Wow. This is amazing and strange too. Mine is also Feb manufactured but it is missing the sequential indicators. Yours might be from the month end batch maybe

Also I noticed something weird during my PDI, none of the cars in the yard had VIN on the bottom right of the windshield. They all had an empty slot there.
Would you confirm if your 700 has the VIN there?
Great!! I got delivery of AX7L D MT , Jan manf. but missing sequential indicators. I am following up with the dealer to get a confirmation if they will be installed on a later date.
Old 10th March 2023, 22:02   #8064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747fan View Post
The "E" is actually for extra safety features, I think you might want to enquire with another dealer?

You can also find this info on many sources online, I am just linking two below:

https://www.v3cars.com/news/mahindra...afety-features

https://www.91wheels.com/news/mahind...afety-features
Agreed....need to talk to a different dealer, or educate the current SA.
But thanks for the links..so its an extra £50K for ESP across board.
Old 11th March 2023, 09:49   #8065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsh9191 View Post
Hi,

Just wanted to know, if anyone has an idea on how much time does it take for this - my dealership is in Gurgaon ? Also post PDI and payment, generally how much time does it take for us to take delivery of the vehicle ?
Normally the trailers move 300 KM per day average. So you can calculate the no. of days it will take from Chakan, Pune to Gurgoan.

Better still talk with the GM-Sales or ASM of your dealership - they already have the expected date of receipt at the dealership.

After making all the payment my car was delivered in one day i.e. two days after the PDI. The car was received on 29th June, PDI done in the afternoon and delivered on 01st July. You should discuss all these things with the GM-Sales for a smooth delivery experience.
Sommos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 15:36   #8066
BHPian

Another update after 6 months
- Haven't still done any long drives till now since the last post 5 months ago, 4.5k done and mainly home-office drives through traffic
- Still liking the vehicle and also benefitting from the ADAS usage too in the daily traffic. Find it quite useful with its adaptive cruise mainly. Only thing i have to do is to put the car behind some another car (bigger the better - which ensures no one juts in) and it reduces more than 60% of the driving effort. Ofcourse i have to be vigilant in crawling traffic where other vehicles try to squeeze every inch and the ADAS system gets confused. Initially it was scary but once u get the hang of it, you know when to trust the ADAS and when step in. Works both in slow and decently moving traffic. I have got so used to it that sometimes when i drive my other beat car Alto AMT, i tend to forget to apply brakes.
Now that many vehicles get the ADAS features, it would be interesting if all drive in that mode. Probably would be good some kind of an indicator light that says the vehicle is in ADAS mode like in 90s where the Ambys had warning for "power brake"
- Got the rear sequential indicators too (but second key not yet delivered even 6 months post delivery)
- Unfortunately the car has got some cement drops on the left side mostly on glass & sunroof glass- some concrete lorry around the metro constructions might have strewn this but mainly on the glass area. Was already dried when i got to notice them - and needs to be taken to 3M. Tried DIY by going through team bhp posts and found the vinegar+baking soda combination but didn't work.
- Few issues still
a) Thud suspension in the front - the first service seemingly reduced it but it recurred again and i had to get it retorqued - but not fully satisfied. I recently drove the new scorpio and it had no such issues. Wondering why can't Mahindra fix this.
b) Apple Carplay - too glitchy and now i have turned this off and switched to plain bluetooth connectivity. Especially the google maps would hang many times. The unit got the latest update (March 1st week).
c) Car GPS - sometimes is off by 100 meters in some specific places (BTM layout road between Jayadeva and Silkboard and few areas in HSR) and hence not usable (and worsens with Google maps when carplay is connected).
d) Wireless charging heats up the iphone - so using cable only
e) AC cooling is a bit erratic - even with 28C it is quite chilly. However i am happy with overall cooling and compared to Ertiga, even if left under hot sun, the cooling is very fast - within 2-3 min the cabin gets lot cooler even without 2nd AC on.

Hopefully I get some plans going to take the car on long drive during the summer holidays.

Last edited by harishhm74 : 11th March 2023 at 15:49. Reason: AC issues added
harishhm74 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 16:23   #8067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishhm74 View Post
- Still liking the vehicle and also benefitting from the ADAS usage too in the daily traffic.
Thanks harishhm74 for the real life ADAS feedback on slow moving traffic in Bangalore.

I was interested to know more of behavior of ADAS in really slow bad traffic with XUV 700, now that MG Hector has " intelligent Traffic Jam Assist (TJA)" and Honda City has "Low Speed Follow". Whatever those mean.

Does the ADAS remain engaged when the car comes to a repeated stop-start-stop mode? Would be great to have any dashcam video of this in working.
Old 11th March 2023, 16:38   #8068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk600 View Post
Does the ADAS remain engaged when the car comes to a repeated stop-start-stop mode? Would be great to have any dashcam video of this in working.
As long as you don't press the brake, it remains engaged. You have to be alert just that you can manually take control. Also, if the vehicles are inching closer to your vehicle, then the braking from the vehicle is jerky & brakes are noisy - so you have to take control. Once it is off (actually it goes to Standby mode), you can flick the ADAS button to switch it on and it activates at lower speeds too (in creep mode, but brakes not applied). Unfortunately I have not accessed the dashcam yet (haven't installed external dashcam yet).

Extra Caution: You have to be constantly aware if the ADAS is on or off - as many a times, you might think ADAS is on but it might have switched off (due to application of brakes because of reflex but you fail to register). It has happened couple of times with me where I had to step in late but in time - so it requires you to keep checking into the green sign of ADAS on or off.

Question to those who are using ADAS, if you have found better ways to use ADAS, would be good to get a view. I know there is another ADAS thread, havent gone through it completely.

Last edited by vb-saan : 11th March 2023 at 20:41. Reason: Please avoid sms/chat language. u -> you
harishhm74 is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 11th March 2023, 17:39   #8069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post

After making all the payment my car was delivered in one day i.e. two days after the PDI. The car was received on 29th June, PDI done in the afternoon and delivered on 01st July. You should discuss all these things with the GM-Sales for a smooth delivery experience.
Thanks. I was in for a suprise, i had gone to the dealership to finalise the accessories etc. and they informed me that they have received the vehicle and I ended going for a PDI as well.

Happy to report the vehicle has come prefitted with sequential indicators and two set of keys. The car passed the PDI without much issues, it just needed a some cleaning to be done. Hopefully will be taking delivery by end of next week.
Old 12th March 2023, 10:48   #8070

Happy to share with fellow BHPians that I tool delivery of AX7 Pet AT this wednesday. Haven't been on long drive yet, just short ones of 4-5 kms with speeds less than 45 km/hr. Noticed that during acceleration from say 5-20 km/hr with soft pedal push, there's a bit of engine noise & steering vibrations which goes away at speeds more than 20-25 km/hr. There's also no vibrations felt during engine idling.

Is it normal to experience a bit of noise/vibration during the initial pick up (0-20)? Has anyone else experienced this? Appreciate your kind inputs & experience on this

Thanks!

Ved
ved_p_singh is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks