Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2023, 17:44   #8086
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Hi Guys, my e-sim doesn't seem to be working. I read sometime back about a fix but I can't find the post. Can someone please guide me.
Check out the results from my exploits in the below threads :-) - In short check if the "Service" mode is enabled in the car settings. If this still does not work, disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for 2 min or more and reconnect.

Cheers,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5504958 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5504958 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5505087 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
kedar_GT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 17:52   #8087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvidhate View Post
On accessories front I am just thinking of rear scuff plate, screen protector, & illuminated scuff plate. I also want side foot step and mats but I found a lot of difference in pricing between Mahindra and other Car Detailing shop that I visited (almost 50%). Anyone else in similar minds about side foot step ?
Congrats!
My $0.02 on the M&M accessories - Go for the screen protector, SD card (for DVR), illuminated scuff plates (trust me - they up the ambiance of the L model), rain visor (your choice), side steps (your choice), rear guard (go with aluminum [cheaper and better fitting] or ABS plastic [1k more, light weight, more space between the body and the guard, better looking IMO]

On the floor mats, pick them from outside.

Cheers
kedar_GT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 08:50   #8088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Indie_Tank View Post
Dealer has given CPD date of May, 23 for my XUV700 AX7L Diesel that I booked last year in May. Last week we did TD of new Safari XZA+ (O) and my wife felt seats are more comfortable in Safari than XUV especially the middle row and third row in comparison. Personally I feel Safari looks more muscular than XUV.

One of family member in Chandigarh is very much happy with Safari he purchased in 2021. My major drive will be in Bangalore city with around 800kms on odometer per month. While doing TD of Safari, I didn't find any heaviness with steering of Safari, most probably because I own Fluidic Verna (2011 Model) which has little hard steering now. Kids also want XUV due to tech loaded especially Alexa.

I am in complete dilemma now and looking for some guidance. Wife is more inclined towards Safari but I am little worried about infamous issues and after sales experiences shared by many on this platform. Should I wait for my XUV700 AXL D or book Safari XZA+(O)?
I have not driven the Safari, so can't give my perspective on that. One thing I can tell you is don't base your decision on "Alexa". You wont really need it if you are using Android Auto or Car play. The other things Alexa can do like vehicle controls are also not upto the mark; like if you ask it to open or close the windows, it can only do that for the driver side window (also it can't do half open or half close). You can't open the sun roof blinds, it opens the entire sun roof (blinds+glass). These and the other controls like AC temp, fan speed etc, can be easily and more quickly be controlled by physical buttons.
amahale is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 12:10   #8089
BHPian

Hi Friends - experiencing some rubber burnt smell from XUV 700. 400 KM only and too too after running for 20 KM. Any one have same experience ? Tyres are not hot.
Old 16th March 2023, 14:15   #8090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Hi Friends - experiencing some rubber burnt smell from XUV 700. 400 KM only and too too after running for 20 KM. Any one have same experience ? Tyres are not hot.
Update - Went to service station and they checked the vehicle for any visible damage and smell. As per them it is normal as it is new vehicle. If some light shows up on panel - then bring back sir
aka_iitd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 21:18   #8091
BHPian

I have booked AX5 D AT and I cannot get over the fact that there is no rear camera and cruise control which is kind of a deal breaker in normal case but I dont want to increase my budget. AX5 is showing july delivery and as per my sales guy AX7 waiting is 40 to 46 weeks during which there will be 5 to 6 hikes making it costlier. So rear camera can be easily fitted and regarding cruise control, can we use an accessory like Nexcruise without frying up the electronics in the car? I really dont care for other features in AX7 apart from Rear camera and cruise control. Cruise is not of much use on normal highways but it is of great help on expressways like Pune-Mum and Mum- Nagpur.

Last edited by psbali : 16th March 2023 at 21:20.
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 11:51   #8092
BHPian

Quote:
Last week we did TD of new Safari XZA+ (O) and my wife felt seats are more comfortable in Safari than XUV especially the middle row and third row in comparison
Yes - they may be a tad more comfortable - but that is also subject to one's height and body-type characteristics. The Safari seating is more flexible since the middle row can slide and that is a big plus.

>>Personally I feel Safari looks more muscular than XUV.
It does!

>>My major drive will be in Bangalore city with around 800kms on odometer per month. While doing TD of Safari, I didn't find any heaviness with steering of Safari, most probably because I own Fluidic Verna (2011 Model) which has little hard steering now. Kids also want XUV due to tech loaded especially Alexa.
For sure the XUV is easier to drive in the city due to its light steering. In my TD of the Safari, I always found the steering heavy but then my TD vehicles were always highly abused examples. If you are fine with it, then there is nothing like it.

>>I am in complete dilemma now and looking for some guidance. Wife is more inclined towards Safari but I am little worried about infamous issues and after sales experiences shared by many on this platform. Should I wait for my XUV700 AXL D or book Safari XZA+(O)?

I personally found the Mahindra sales and service experience better and a bit more polished as opposed to Tata sales (no idea about service but considering my recent Mahindra experience I would say Tata will find it hard to beat!)
This is a head vs heart decision I would say - many folks opted for the Safari due to the long wait times for the XUV700
I personally picked up the XUV (even though I loved the looks of the Safari) due to the following reasons (these are not in any specific order)
1. The missus was against the Tata and for some reason, she did not like the car. She refused to even TD it says it's big and unwieldy
2. Again a missus point - I thought (and rightly so) that the XUV would be much easier to drive due to light steering
3. Lack of a petrol option in the Safari (though not a big factor)
4. My love for the exterior looks of the Safari did not translate into a similar feeling after sitting inside the same and after driving it.
On the contrary, I did not really like the XUV700 looks (too much similar to the 500) at first - but then they steadily grew on me and talking of the interiors, features and the power on tap, it really made me go wow! (I am discounting the hard plastics below the dash!)
5. Safety/crash ratings
6. I got the delivery in double quick time (~35days) - I was not really expecting and when I was offered the vehicle I just went ahead with it.
Having said this, please note I am talking about the L pack of the XUV here.

The Safari has a few features in its favor namely the ventilated seats, auto-dimming IRVM, and some ambient lighting which up the feel-good factor. XUV on the other hand has powerful engines, a good infotainment system & instrument cluster, and a 5* safety rating.

Now the decision is yours to make.

Cheers
kedar_GT is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 15:48   #8093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Check out the results from my exploits in the below threads :-) - In short check if the "Service" mode is enabled in the car settings. If this still does not work, disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for 2 min or more and reconnect.
I luckily didn't have to try any of these. It just started working again on it's own!

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th March 2023 at 20:53. Reason: Please quote only relevant portion while replying, Thanks.
Old 17th March 2023, 16:30   #8094
BHPian

I am seeing an issue with the "Drive video recording". There are no recordings in either of the "General" and "Emergency" folders!! I have an SD card and there were video recordings earlier. But all seem to be now deleted and recording is not happening anymore. Anybody else faced this?
Old 17th March 2023, 20:41   #8095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamodein View Post
Now the latest status reflect 'Order under Planning' but delivery dates shows 26 Apr 2024.
Instead of nearing delivery date, it moved from Nov23 to Apr 24
Hi. I am also in a similar boat as my delivery has moved from 1st July 2023 directly to Nov-Dec 2023. My booking too shows "order under planning". Have you received any update from your dealer?

I dont think I can wait that long at all.
psbali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 07:28   #8096

What are the changes following the latest software update in xuv700?
Old 18th March 2023, 10:10   #8097
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last week we did TD of new Safari XZA+ (O) and my wife felt seats are more comfortable in Safari than XUV especially the middle row and third row in comparison. Personally I feel Safari looks more muscular than XUV.
You have very clearly stated that you both have a stong inclination towards the Safari. In such case you should go for the safari and forget the XUV700.

But before you do that I would request both of you to think about the safety rating of both the cars - you have compared many a thing but not this. It is time that members of this forum should first talk about the safety features and crash test results rather than "kitna deti hai".

Where XUV700 is one of the most safe cars in India, Tata has not even tested the Safari and Harrier (whereas they have tested all their other models). Discuss this at home and then take an informed decision.
Sommos is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 13:46   #8098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should I wait for my XUV700 AXL D or book Safari XZA+(O)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
XUV on the other hand ....and a 5* safety rating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
You have very clearly stated that you both have a stong inclination towards the Safari....
But before you do that I would request both of you to think about the safety rating of both the cars - you have compared many a thing but not this.
As an owner of the XUV500, who has eagerly waiting for the XUV700 since November 2021 (my car has reached the dealership finally), I would like to contribute to this discussion. I have previously owned two Fiat Puntos, both FGT and VGT 90bhp 1.3L MJD diesels, and am quite familiar with the driving characteristics of Fiat diesels. If the 2.0L engine was compatible with crash tests in RHD configuration, I would have promptly booked the Safari the day it was launched.

However, despite its attractive appearance and refined interior, the Safari's unavailability in RHD crash tests has deterred me from pursuing this option. I do not intend to offend Safari/Harrier owners (I'm not saying the cars are not survivable), but when purchasing a vehicle at this price point, it is important to weigh the benefits of investing in safety. Such a decision warrants thoughtful consideration and discussion.

While I would have considered a Volvo or a German just for the sake of the safety they offer, they are beyond my budgetary constraints. Cheers.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 18th March 2023 at 13:48.
sandeepmdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 14:27   #8099
BHPian

Faced an issue with my AX7L P last evening. Posting here to check if anyone else faced it. And if any resolution was found.

Had traveled to Chikkamagalur yesterday morning. Evening, around 6:30 PM, after saying my good byes, tried to unlock the car. Nothing happens! I had just opened the car using the remote key 30 mins ago. All was well. Not sure what changed.

The red light on the remote lights up when ever I press any button on the key. But nothing happens on the car. Tried using the Adrenox app. It kept saying operation failed.

Finally, I flipped open the mechanical key, and opened the door via the key hole. The car started blaring the emergency horn and lights. Tried to start the engine, but the horn kept blaring. Embarrassed, with everyone looking at me, tried a lot of things (pressing the key buttons for long time etc), nothing worked.
Moved the car a bit, the sound stops after 30 seconds. But if we open any door, it again starts blaring the horn.

We all sat in the car, and went to the Mahindra showroom close by (Karnataka Agencies). It was 6:45 PM, all technicians had left. But Mr Praveen (hope I remember the name right) welcomed me and called the technician. The technician suggested disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it. Once done, the problem was solved! Thanked him and was on my way to Bangalore.

Any idea what happened, and what the permanent fix would be? Disconnecting the battery every time this happens will be a pain.

Now I recall, a couple of months ago, one fine morning, when I tried to open the car using the remote, it did not respond. Since I was in a hurry, went back to my trusted Honda, and was on my way in that car. Next day when I tried unlocking the XUV, it behaved as if nothing had happened. All fine, till last evening!
Bh.P is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 15:07   #8100
BHPian

Went for PDI today of my AX7L D AT, happy to confirm that the sequential indicators are present and the car comes with 2 keys. It is a BS6 Phase 2 vehicle, as mentioned on the booklet (and a big sticker on the windshield say phase 2 car, which looked like a printout on an A4 sheet). ODO reading was 17km. In the excitement, forgot to click any pictures.

Shall add more details once I get the delivery tomorrow.

Accessories I opted for:
Side Step
Illuminated Scuff plates
Mud flaps
Screenguard
Metal pedal covers

Bought GFX mats from outside
agrajagarwal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks