Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2023, 20:52   #8206
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 170
Thanked: 573 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
T-block connector will be attached to the Gradient Vent Valve. XUV700 Petrol has an issue where fuel can get into evap canister when the tank is full and is driven on steep gradients. This can lead to engine getting switched off due to low speeds or perceivable loss in power. T-block connector prevents this.
I had faced this in April last year before the recall, and again this February as the ASC didn't perform this work on my car. As a precaution, you can leave about a 10litre space while refilling.
I had remembered this from an earlier discussion and have never filled > 60-70% of capacity, and as you pointed out, never faced a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Nevertheless, ask them about the weight of the canister while you get this work done. Sometimes, the symptoms are barely perceivable.
I assume you are saying that the canister weight will tell whether fuel has seeped inside. And if it has, does it not evaporate on its own, or the charcoal etc has to be replaced?
dust-n-bones is offline  
Old 31st March 2023, 20:58   #8207
BHPian
 
impala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 214
Thanked: 413 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust-n-bones View Post
I assume you are saying that the canister weight will tell whether fuel has seeped inside. And if it has, does it not evaporate on its own, or the charcoal etc has to be replaced?
That's right. Charcoal loses its vapour absorbing capacity once petrol seeps in. Apparently, it also becomes brittle and can break apart. The recall instruction from Mahindra suggests replacing canister under warranty if it weighs more than a threshold.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 11:58   #8208
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Jabalpur
Posts: 9
Thanked: 2 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
I have a AX7L DSL AWD AT and use the Adrenox application on iPhone. Here also the average fuel consumption is not shown.

Attachment 2435124
I took delivery of XUV700 AX7L AWD AT BS6 Phase 2 on Feb this year and I am also facing the same issue.
No drive score and mileage in Adrenox app.
In trip history, most of the time it doesn't recognises the halts and whole day is merged into a single trip, even if I take 5 hours of break in between, this affects trip duration and average speed in the app.

In terms of mileage on highways I am getting 14kmpl in MID and 13kmpl tank to tank with 2 people seated, is this normal?
loremipsum is offline  
Old 2nd April 2023, 14:30   #8209
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 119
Thanked: 138 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Washed and waxed my car today
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0334.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0335.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0336.jpeg  

sudhirjaipur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 16:57   #8210
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: PNQ - PUNE
Posts: 300
Thanked: 306 Times
Re: Team BHP Exclusive: Mahindra XUV700 to Roll Out Software Update Enabling Tesla-Like Full Self Dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev_GT View Post

This is no April Fools joke . The Mahindra XUV700 is really getting a software update enabling full self-driving capabilities, and it is set to be one of the most significant advancements in the automotive industry in recent years.

Can you elaborate a bit more and quote source of your news unless this is a troll post?
psbali is offline  
Old 2nd April 2023, 19:38   #8211
BHPian
 
Vasuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Venice of East
Posts: 724
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by loremipsum View Post

In terms of mileage on highways I am getting 14kmpl in MID and 13kmpl tank to tank with 2 people seated, is this normal?
That's good. I'm getting an average of 12 to 12.5 in Kerala traffic conditions. Here the concept of being on the highway is vague.
Vasuki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 20:24   #8212
BHPian
 
impala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 214
Thanked: 413 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Anybody using VIAIR inflator for their XUV700? XUV700 would need a total cable + hose length of around 4m to reach front left tyres. Not able to make a decision from the specifications online.
impala is offline  
Old 2nd April 2023, 20:49   #8213
BHPian
 
911CarerraS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Delhi
Posts: 90
Thanked: 113 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hello Guys! We are considering XUV700 Petrol AT for Delhi. I am looking to upgrade from Tigor XZ+ CNG. I am looking for a Fun to drive car, we also looked at the Virtus Gt but overall the Package of Virtus feels less appealing than the XUV.
I wanted to know as to what I can Expect in terms of Fuel Efficiency from the XUV700. Your insights and opinions will be highly helpful

Thank you.
911CarreraS
911CarerraS is offline  
Old 2nd April 2023, 21:50   #8214
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 31 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
I have a AX7L DSL AWD AT and use the Adrenox application on iPhone. Here also the average fuel consumption is not shown.

Attachment 2435124
I am driving AX7L D MT and i can see FE on the MID and also on the Adrenox app. I am using an Iphone, so may be its the variant.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-trip-info.png  

har_war_09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 10:24   #8215
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 12
Thanked: 13 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hey all,
I recieved my XUV700 AX7L D AT (feb manufactured) in March. I've been using it for around 3 weeks now and completed 600 kms.

I hear a creaking sound when I partially apply brake at low speeds (3-5 kmph) or when I partially apply the brake in downhill to slow down.
Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know the reason for this?
I will be giving the car for first service within next two weeks. Planning to show it to the service engineer then.

I used to hear this sound in one of my previous cars when the ABS was first introduced.
darkie_ is offline  
Old 3rd April 2023, 10:37   #8216
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 132
Thanked: 469 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Anybody using VIAIR inflator for their XUV700? XUV700 would need a total cable + hose length of around 4m to reach front left tyres. Not able to make a decision from the specifications online.

12V sockets typically are protected with 10Amp fuse, so are suitable to supply power less than 120W. However, heavy duty inflators (SUV tyres need 30lpm to 40lpm inflators to inflate tyre within 3-4 mins) and can draw much more power when you reach pressures around 30 PSI. Often, these are rated for ~180W


Here is what I would do and already done: Get a good inflator with copper coiled motor, rated for 30LPM to 40 LPM, a couple of good crocodile clips (1.5 inch to 2 inch), a fuse holder with 20Amp fuse and a few mtrs of 1.5 sqmm wire (Red+Black). Extend the wire of the inflator with this, connect the fuse in series before the croc clip, and connect to the car battery. Keep the engine running when using inflator. Use proper colour code.

Agreed, this seems less inconvenient and less elegant than using the cigarette lighter socket, but this certainly works faster, reduces chances of car's internal fuse to be blown before the tyre inflates with reasonable pressure.

Also please avoid using higher amp fuse than rated in the car's fuse box. Fuse may stay intact when you draw more current than rated, however, the wires/circuit could blow up and cause fire.
Pulse500 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 11:34   #8217
BHPian
 
Vasuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Venice of East
Posts: 724
Thanked: 1,169 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
Agreed, this seems less inconvenient and less elegant than using the cigarette lighter socket, but this certainly works faster, reduces chances of car's internal fuse to be blown before the tyre inflates with reasonable pressure.
Still, better would be to purchase a wireless inflator. Many variants are available in the market.

At present, I am using a Mi inflator. It is handy and weighs about 500gms, so easily portable.

This will definitely help you to reach the next air filling station or puncture shop in case of emergency.

This is the only tool, other than the default tools in the vehicle, that I carry during both my bike and car trips.
Vasuki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 16:00   #8218
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 119
Thanked: 138 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by impala View Post
Anybody using VIAIR inflator for their XUV700? XUV700 would need a total cable + hose length of around 4m to reach front left tyres. Not able to make a decision from the specifications online.
I am using the VIAIR bought from USA, chord does not reach all 4 tyres; I use an extension chord bought on Amazon.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 16:32   #8219
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 119
Thanked: 138 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
Hello Guys! We are considering XUV700 Petrol AT for Delhi. I am looking to upgrade from Tigor XZ+ CNG. I am looking for a Fun to drive car, we also looked at the Virtus Gt but overall the Package of Virtus feels less appealing than the XUV.
I wanted to know as to what I can Expect in terms of Fuel Efficiency from the XUV700. Your insights and opinions will be highly helpful

Thank you.
911CarreraS
I have XUV700 AX7 Petrol Luxury variant, it is fun to drive, mileage is around 7.5 in city traffic and 12-14 on highway. Watch this, it may be helpful;
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 17:48   #8220
Senior - BHPian
 
Sommos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bhilai, CG.
Posts: 1,217
Thanked: 1,278 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by loremipsum View Post
I took delivery of XUV700 AX7L AWD AT BS6 Phase 2 on Feb this year and I am also facing the same issue.
No drive score and mileage in Adrenox app.
In trip history, most of the time it doesn't recognises the halts and whole day is merged into a single trip, even if I take 5 hours of break in between, this affects trip duration and average speed in the app.

In terms of mileage on highways I am getting 14kmpl in MID and 13kmpl tank to tank with 2 people seated, is this normal?

Eco drive score and mileage is only for the MT variant and not AT. This isuue has been discussed several times in the past.

As far as mileage is concerned my L D AT AWD (july 22 delivered) is giving 13 KMPL within city and 15-16 KMPL on long highway drives on tankfull method.
Sommos is online now   (2) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks