Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
11,253,293 views
Old 25th April 2023, 15:56   #8341
BHPian
 
northstar*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 167
Thanked: 692 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Has anyone got the issue of vibration at arnd 95-100kmph resolved? Could you please let me know what was the fix from the service center?
I was facing multiple issues related to wheels & steering like left pull and vibrations at high speed. There was also suspension noise from the front end which Mahindra acknowledged and replaced both the lower arms. I got the wheel alignment and balancing done along with that and the issues seems sorted as of now. Need to do a proper highway run to confirm the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribalram View Post
As per M & M, the transfer can only be done to a blood relative.
Completely agree with your point and I know that if it is a transfer, that can be done only between blood relatives. I have been hearing stories of cars being offered to people out of the booking queue and hence just suggested him to try his luck.

I had a brief chat with a Mahindra executive on this and I what learned from him was, earlier if there is a cancellation happens, they used to pass on the car to the one next in the queue. But XUV700 being a 25L+ car, if suddenly offered, most of them will not be in a position to arrange the finances and possess it so quickly. There are offer rejections and cancellations happening when people get their car allotted ahead of their plan which is a pain for the dealership and so they are allotting the cars to the ones who are ready with the cash.

He even pointed out an instance where an AWD was allotted and had to wait in the yard for the payment but the customer backed off after a month and the customer next in the queue was not willing to take delivery questioning how come a car with such a demand ended up being idle for a month in the yard.
northstar* is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 19:01   #8342
BHPian
 
impala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 271
Thanked: 526 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Has anyone experienced noise from steering while turning? I had am facing it since a few months and the ASC was not able to diagnose it. I am planning to get it checked again in a few days but wanted to check if anyone has any recommendations.

The noise is happening when I turn the steering around 30 degree or so, and at that position it's audible if I just wiggle it. I can feel slight vibration on the left foot on dead pedal too. Sound is more like rubbing of a part without sufficient lubrication/light grinding around where the steering column connects to the steering gear. Any recommendations to make the visit to the ASC fruitfull?
impala is offline  
Old 25th April 2023, 20:04   #8343
Newbie
 
raghavrastogi08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 8
Thanked: 9 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
One more thing that I noticed, every new vehicle that was parked had side steps, rear bumper guard and rainvisor installed. What's the probability that every potential customer wanted all those add-ons. Or was it a trick to force sell saying, "Sir, the accessories were installed for the earlier customer, who cancelled and you are the lucky one."

In our case, accessories worth more than Rs. 51,000 were pre-installed. (marked in the list in previous post)
When I visited the stockyard for PDI, all the XUV 700 were bare bones, with nothing installed on them.
Maybe Dee Emm Mahindra is installing all the accessories on the car so that they can churn out maximum money per sale.

Just out of curiosity, was the vehicle that your friend denied, AX7L D AWD red color?
Prior to the delivery of my car, I got a call from Dee Emm Mahindra Old Gurgaon Road regarding AX7L D AWD Red color being available and ready for delivery.
raghavrastogi08 is offline  
Old 26th April 2023, 15:45   #8344
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 130
Thanked: 230 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi Bhpians,

A quick update on my situation. Its the 5th day and there is no resolution yet. Apparently the service centre reached out to Mahindra technical team directly and were suggested to replace the entire abs unit. Which they did, but the issue still persists.

Does anyone know how to escalate it with Mahindra so that I get the correct attention and resolution for the same.
Hi Bhpians,

Finally the issue has been addressed and my car is back after exactly 16 days. However there is a lot of learnings and frustrations in this whole process, so please bear with me here.

First off anyone who is facing issues like frequent HDC error, check engine light issue, ABS error, AEBS off error, Hill climb error, I seriously suggest you to visit your service centre and insist on getting it fixed, and do not take just the software update as a solution.

In my case the first 2 days went by stating that it could be a rat bite on the rear wheel sensor or a general malfunction of the same.

On the 3rd day my service manager said its a faulty abs unit and company will replace it under warranty, but they need a day to procure it and a day to fit and road test it. Come the 5th day, I try to reach out to my service manager she is not reachable and all this while my frustration tentacles are unfolding. Towards the end of the day she messages me that she is on leave and gave me contact of another person who apparently is hers supervisor. I promptly call him, he seems more experienced and a bit more warm and empathetic to my case. He mentions that the entire process takes a whole day and they need to bleed the brakes and do software upgrades. Apparently next day was a Sunday and their technician was not working that day.
Come Monday I again call him he assures me his team is working on my case and by second half he should have some updates for me. I call him back in the evening, he too sounds dejected and tells replacing the unit didn't fix the errors. My frustration meter was now blowing huff and puff and I felt like smashing cutleries at my house. He also mentions that they have raised a technical support request with Mahindra themselves for next steps. From this point onwards I started tracking my car on the Adrenox app every hour. A couple of days passes by and everytime I reachout, the answer is we are diagonising as per Mahindra tech teams instruction.
On the 8th day I call Mahindra customer care and escalate my case. After a couple of calls back and forth I was connected with the GM of the service centre. He assured me that they have escalated the case with Karnataka Tech team's head because any non accidental car parked for more than 7 days is an issue for them as well. Then I confront him saying that if its so, why haven't my car moved from the service centre's praking bay to the actual service floor since the last three days. He was taken aback and gave lame excuses. I said I was checking in your own Adrenox app. He again said something like gps is not accurate n all that. Side note here, the gps is a gem and is very precise, I could even track when the car was in the service bay and when in the washing bay.

However after this event I could see my car now taken into the service bay from the parking. In the meantime I also got call from a Customer care relationship manager from Mahindra. I mailed him in detail what were my issues and one of them being my ADAS systems and driver assist features being non functional. After a few hours to my surprise and utter frustration, I receive an acknowldgement but there was a statement stating " Sir AX7 doesn't have adas feature". I was beyond furious and also a bit afraid fearing the company wants to brush aside the issue and give back the car with the faults. I immediately responded back with the link of their own website and the brochure hard copy along with my 6 months experience of driving the car with the said feature. The later point obviously didn't matter because its like my word against yours, but atleast the official website evidence holds some water. After a day, the acknowledgement came that yes AX7 has ADAS. Just imagine my plight, I was more relieved at this statement which was a fact, rather than the actual repair.
In the meanwhile the service centre's manager was now in contact with me. When I enquired what kind of diagnosis are they doing, he informed that Mahindra tech team has asked them to check all the wiring harnesses and they were testing for continuity.
When I asked further technical details, the error code shared was c0037-1c. A simple google search did confirm that its an issue related to rear left wheel sensor.

On the 12th day I got an update from the service centre's Manager to replace 3 wiring harnesses i.e. underbody, inner floor harness and the harness from the abs to the ecm. When I asked how does this explain the unavailability of Drive modes, coz unlike other issues its a direct map of the ecm. There was no satisfactory answer to that. The estimated time given for the effort was 2 days, however it took 3 days. On the 15th day I got the confirmation that the errors are gone and all the issues that I had raised will be addressed only post a test drive by the tech team. By the end of the day even that was confirmed that all adas features, all drive modes are functional.

16th day I arrive at the service centre and wait patiently for another hour or so. When I finally meet the Manager of the service centre my first question was did you find the root cause. He mentioned " Sir we cannot exactly pin point the issue, but when we replaced the inner floor wiring harness after replacing the underbody harnesses, the error codes were gone and we didn't have to replace the harness from abs to the engine. The old wiring harness however, doesn't have any physical damage. (He even did a continuity test infront of me and all turned out green.) However as a unit when assembled with the abs ecu it used to throw up the errors like HDC, Abs error, check engine light etc."

So, finally I'm not going to give any moral of my ordeal, its upto each individual to interpret. However since then I have driven 100+ kms and see no glitch, infact the glitch of giving hdc error or engine shutting off on rumblers or on a bad patch of road is gone, atleast until now. I'm planning for another road trip this weekend up onto the hills to try my luck again, will keep you all posted on that.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230426_153719.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230426_153835.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230426_153859.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230426_153927.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230426_153915.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20230426_153729.jpg  


Last edited by Monty1 : 26th April 2023 at 16:01. Reason: Spell check
Monty1 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 15:46   #8345
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: Pune
Posts: 3
Thanked: 3 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi Bhpians,

A quick update on my situation. Its the 5th day and there is no resolution yet. Apparently the service centre reached out to Mahindra technical team directly and were suggested to replace the entire abs unit. Which they did, but the issue still persists.
Hi Monty1, Just to check if there are any updates? If any root-cause detected?
BTW, did you install any sun-film on the windscreen? Heard about some silverbox issues due to water seepage during sunfilm installation.
pun_fun is offline  
Old 26th April 2023, 17:11   #8346
BHPian
 
IvanBiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: BLR
Posts: 46
Thanked: 52 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi Bhpians,

Finally the issue has been addressed and my car is back after exactly 16 days. However there is a lot of learnings and frustrations in this whole process, so please bear with me here.
Good that the issue was finally resolved. Wouldn't the tech team be required to prepare a summary report for such cases? Strange that they couldn't pinpoint any root cause after more than 2 weeks.

Btw, which SC is this?

The car has its own glitches and hopefully would be resolved with every passing day the feedback from real world goes to the M&M team. Last weekend, I got the known reboot issue of the entire Display (reported earlier by BHPians in this forum) while the car was running, that too scarily on a hill ascent ghat road. Not just once but 3 restarts within a span of 10 minutes.
Planning to get the software update done finally, given the timing and location where the issue cropped up, and don't really want to carry these bugs on the system.
IvanBiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 17:29   #8347
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 130
Thanked: 230 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by pun_fun View Post
Hi Monty1, Just to check if there are any updates? If any root-cause detected?
BTW, did you install any sun-film on the windscreen? Heard about some silverbox issues due to water seepage during sunfilm installation.
Hi,

Yes its finally resolved just look at post#8344, I have detailed out the experience.

I have not installed any sunfilm, I dare not to because of obvious issues leading to silver box failure. I have opted for removable sun shades instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
Good that the issue was finally resolved. Wouldn't the tech team be required to prepare a summary report for such cases? Strange that they couldn't pinpoint any root cause after more than 2 weeks.

Btw, which SC is this?
They filled in a blank form with just the issues no resolution content. Apparently this is a first of first case for Mahindra India. However if you scan through just this forum you would find lot of other people facing the same symptoms that lead to my case of failure.

The service centre was India Garage, no negative points to them as such because they were helpless too.

Quote:
The car has its own glitches and hopefully would be resolved with....
Planning to get the software update done finally, given the timing and location where the issue cropped up, and don't really want to carry these bugs on the system.
True that. Mechanically especially after the recall for the swingarm for suspension, its a beauty. Engine, nvh, power performance, as we say in B'lore Chumma performance. However software and electrical side its a hit and miss.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th May 2023 at 09:09. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Monty1 is offline  
Old 27th April 2023, 18:32   #8348
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 113
Thanked: 142 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
My AC vent adjuster/slider broke off yesterday.What might be the solution? Will get the vehicle checked at the service center too.
I faced the same issue recently. The slider of the left side AC vent broke all of a sudden and I had to get it repaired by paying around 600 rs. I wrote this issue to MAHINDRA as well and they promptly sent me a ‘Sorry’ mail which I have planned to get framed and hang in my living room.

Another issue I am facing is the engine malfunction light getting on whenever I go on a long drive. Even after leaving the vehicle in couple of Mahindra service centres, the problem hasn’t been sorted out. Now I have left the car in the service center for a thorough investigation
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 23:38   #8349
BHPian
 
rpmmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: PB08
Posts: 178
Thanked: 712 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

During a recent trip, I had the opportunity to try playing a podcast through Alexa, and to my surprise, it started playing from Amazon Music(Screenshot attached).

Mahindra should give us option to use Cruise Control without ADAS (in AX7L) like normal cruise control.
Also let us install apps in the music system like jiosavan and other android apps.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_7697.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_7699.jpg  

rpmmachine is offline  
Old 28th April 2023, 19:48   #8350
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Jabalpur
Posts: 8
Thanked: 2 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I own a XUV 700 AX7L AWD which is BS6.2 as my variant shown in Mahindra portal is C2 and manual also has a sticket of BS6 Phase 2 but in my RC it is written as BS6 only. Does anyone know if the RC has any indication of BS6.2 as my dealer is saying this is what they got
loremipsum is offline  
Old 29th April 2023, 15:51   #8351
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 21
Thanked: 17 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I had booked an AX7L P midnight black in May 22 and am awaiting delivery. On the Mahindra portal, the delivery date for the vehicle now shows as 23rd May-7th June 2023.

Every time I bring this up while talking to the Sales executive, he asks me to ignore the timelines on the portal as it will keep changing. It seems rather convenient that earlier when there were no definitive dates for delivery, he used to refer to the portal and say there is a long waiting list and now when the dates are nearer, he says otherwise. They have an inhouse excel which they keep referring to but refuse to give numbers when asked a simple question like how many people in the queue for same variant, same color, citing confidentiality. I have been regularly following up but to no avail. According to this holy grail, I am supposed to get the vehicle on 27th June.

Want to understand if the timelines on the portal are kind of sacrosanct when atleast the vehicle moves into the production state. Also what can I do to get the vehicle faster? I have no personal contacts which I can leverage here. Shopping around at other outlets is an option. But I don't understand how that model works. Like is one supposed to offer money to get expedited delivery? How do they allot you a vehicle otherwise which should rightfully be going to the next person in the queue. This is going to be my first vehicle and now that the dates are really close, I am getting a little annoyed with all the uncertainty.
avaneeshvyas is offline  
Old 29th April 2023, 17:16   #8352
Senior - BHPian
 
Sommos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CG07/ MH34
Posts: 1,320
Thanked: 1,461 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaneeshvyas View Post
I had booked an AX7L P midnight black in May 22 and am awaiting delivery. On the Mahindra portal, the delivery date for the vehicle now shows as 23rd May-7th June 2023.
The GM-Sales at the dealership and the ASM of M&M for your area has the delivery schedule from the plant. This is sent to them on monthly basis on the last week of every month. So talk to the GM-Sales or the ASM to get a clear timeline.

You have to wait till the expected delivery dates as per the portal. If you do not hear anything from the dealer by that time, you may shoot a mail to kharga(dot)asha(at)gmail(dot)com - she is head of CRM. You may also tweet to Mr. Anand Mahindra - I have found this to be very effective.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2023, 22:40   #8353
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: COCHIN
Posts: 441
Thanked: 109 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi

Fed up with the booking experience with my earlier dealer and their irresponsible behaviour and fraudulent dealings, I made another booking with a second one two weeks ago. Today morning the SA of the second dealership called me saying that I am allotted the vehicle because of cancellation. He mailed me the VIN number of car. Checked with VIN decoder and found it is manufactured this month. The car will be reaching the dealership in a week’s time. I had categorically told him that I will release the balance amount only after PDI.

No information regarding the original booking. I was allotted the car on February this year (the SA called me on Feb 14 confirming this) but they delivered it to someone without my knowledge. Mailed to Customer care multiple times but in vein. Every time they forward my mails to the dealer who does not respond. Owned a Toyota and Maruti for the last 13 years and I hadn't experienced this type of Customer Service. If this is the attitude from them pre-sales, I wonder what will be their response in future.
I now realize that sale of my Fortuner was a hasty decision.
Hoping for the best!!

Dilip
dilipkumar7278 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 09:33   #8354
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: BLR/COORG
Posts: 187
Thanked: 183 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hi guys, I have finally got around to buying a dashcam and wanted to know whether I could plug it in directly to the USB ports in the front center console.
yuvmudapa is offline  
Old 1st May 2023, 13:39   #8355
Senior - BHPian
 
Sommos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CG07/ MH34
Posts: 1,320
Thanked: 1,461 Times
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Received this invitation from M&M on Friday (28-04-2023).

I have booked for 20-05-2023, yet to receive any confirmation from M&M.

Has anyone else from the group booked their slot ?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-plant-visit.jpg

Last edited by Sommos : 1st May 2023 at 13:42.
Sommos is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks