Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2023, 21:42   #8491
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjan.mulye View Post
Can the illuminated scuff plates be installed at the rear door sills too?
My dealer says they can be installed only at the front
Niranjan, my 700 has these and as said here by many, 4 of them makes a package for which the price is quoted. If your dealer says they can't install it in rear doors, I don't know why but it could be a new development. You might want to read this thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ket-parts.html (Mahindra XUV700 fire caused by aftermarket parts)

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 26th May 2023 at 21:44.
sandeepmdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 18:31   #8492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
Friends, I am schedule to get my XUV700 AX5 D AT next week. Couple of things I would like your help:
2. Floor Mat - > I am inclined towards Pharaoh 3D Car Floor Mats, but they are available only in Black color (probably Dirt magnet) and they are made of hard material. Does it have any impact on body paint when it rub against the body ?
Thanks for your help.
Pharaoh are the best Floor Mats, they are sturdy, easy to clean and will not rub or affect the paint. Go for Pharaoh. They are only available in Black for XUV700, black surely shows dust/mud within the first couple of uses.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 19:10   #8493
BHPian

Hey guys, I got this as the bill for the 10k service. Please let me know if there is any unnecessary add-ons. Also got my second key today.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20230527190738578_com.microsoft.office.wordedit.jpg
Old 27th May 2023, 20:53   #8494
BHPian

[quote=yuvmudapa;5555459]Hey guys, I got this as the bill for the 10k service. Please let me know if there is any unnecessary add-ons. Also got my second key today.

Everything looks okay except the maxicare engine coating system. As per Mahindra’s website, it’s this:

4Maxicare Engine Coating is a treatment involving cleaning, dressing and coating of the engine compartment to give glossy, new look, resist dust and easy clean of engine compartment.
agrajagarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 03:26   #8495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
Received an update from Mahindra about E20 fuel compatibility for the petrol XUV7OO. It is not a positive one.

Attachment 2454966

I have asked them about the effects of using E20 in BS6.1 cars (material and performance). Will update here once i receive a response. Overall, it does worry me because the petrol XUV7OO does not have a great FE to begin with. Add to this E20 and it becomes even worse. Switch fully to Shell is an option?

Toyota has similar issues too,
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5553876 (Toyota officially confirms that its earlier cars cannot be run on E20 petrol)

How can I determine the version of my car? What type of fuel is available at Shell, and how does it differ from others?

Just for your information, I have exclusively used Shell petrol since purchasing my vehicle, but I am struggling to comprehend the reasoning behind their higher prices compared to other fuel providers and yet to see any real benefits. Furthermore, the fuel efficiency of my XUV700 has actually worsened instead of improving (since second service), resulting in me spending more money on fuel than I should. This situation is compounded by the combination of petrol, the vehicle's fuel efficiency, and Shell's pricing, causing me some concern.

As of now, my FE in city is 5-6. It used to be in 7-8 range but never beyond that. Driving pattern has been consistent tho.

Are we supposed to be asking at petrol pumps whether it's E10/20? Wonder what happens if we accidentally end up filling E20?

P.S. Thanks for looking into it. Keep us updated, please!

Last edited by Smartomotive : 28th May 2023 at 03:29. Reason: Added another concern
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 03:54   #8496
BHPian

Answering some of my own Qs from previous post.

E20 fuel and E10 fuel are both types of gasoline blended with ethanol, with E20 containing a higher percentage of ethanol than E10. The numbers in E20 and E10 represent the percentage of ethanol in the fuel by volume. Specifically, E20 fuel contains approximately 20% ethanol and 80% gasoline, while E10 fuel contains approximately 10% ethanol and 90% gasoline.

Now, as for filling a BS6.1 vehicle with E20 fuel, let's break it down:

E20 Fuel: E20 fuel contains a higher ethanol content compared to E10 fuel. However, most vehicles in India, including BS6-compliant vehicles, are designed to run on E10 fuel, which contains 10% ethanol. These vehicles may not be explicitly designed or tested to run on E20 fuel. BS6.2 on the other hand may be compatible with E20 fuel.

If you fill a BS6.1 vehicle with E20 fuel, which has a higher ethanol content than the vehicle is designed for, it can lead to several potential issues:

1. Performance: Ethanol has a lower energy density than gasoline, so running a vehicle designed for E10 on E20 fuel may result in reduced performance. You may experience decreased power, acceleration, and fuel efficiency.

2. Fuel System Compatibility: The higher ethanol content in E20 fuel can potentially affect certain components of the fuel system that were not specifically designed to handle higher concentrations of ethanol. Over time, this can lead to corrosion, deterioration of fuel lines, seals, and gaskets, and may result in fuel leakage or other fuel system-related problems.

3. Emissions: While ethanol is considered a cleaner-burning fuel component, a vehicle not designed to run on E20 may not be optimized for this fuel blend. It could potentially lead to increased emissions and may not meet the BS6 emission standards that the vehicle is designed to comply with.

In summary, it is generally not recommended to use E20 fuel in a vehicle that is designed to run on E10 fuel, especially if the vehicle is specifically engineered to meet a particular emission standard like BS6.1. It is best to follow the manufacturer's recommendations and use the fuel type specified for your vehicle to ensure optimal performance, efficiency, and compliance with emission standards.

Last edited by Smartomotive : 28th May 2023 at 03:55. Reason: Format
Smartomotive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 14:52   #8497

Hello everyone.
I booked Xuv700 AX7L diesel model in September 22 and got it delivered last week. I am still getting used to it’s large body size and multiple gizmos inside the cabin, but it’s very comfortable to drive.
I am facing below mentioned problem :
I was getting alert for low tyre pressure in right rear wheel since delivery so went to nearby puncture repair shop and asked him to fill air upto 33 psi in all 4 wheels. However alert from tpms didn’t go away and showed psi of 29 in right rear wheel. I went to same shop next day and asked him to properly fill the air. The person showed me pressure of 40 psi in his gauze while display in MID was 29. Does anyone else have similar issue?
Old 28th May 2023, 15:44   #8498
BHPian

6000 kms Ownership Review

I had purchased my XUV 700 AX7 Diesel in December 2022 and it has been 6 months whereby I have managed to clock 6k+ kms. My driving has been 40% city and 60% highways, till date have managed to do the following long runs:-

Mumbai to Shegaon via Samruddhi Mahamarg

This was our first long distance trip and the excitement was at its peak. This was the time when we could truly comprehend the capabilities of the vehicle on this spectacular highway. We left for Shegaon at 4 am and reached by 1pm with just one break of almost 30 mins.
Average fuel economy returned was bit less than expected since we were cruising at 120kmph and on zoom mode. Did not face any software glitches or bugs at this point.
The performance of this vehicle is unmatched at its price point .

Mumbai to Sindhudurg & Goa

We decided to cover this journey in 2 halves, a day prior we took a halt at Pune and the next day we continued our journey towards Sindhudurg.
We took a different route via Karad (NH48) and then Anuskura Ghat (SH144) which connected us to Kharepatan on NH66. AFE was around 16kmpl (Zap and Zoom intermixed).

We had booked our stay at Parisa Beach Resort located at Bhogave Beach for 3 night & 4 days. It was indeed a wonderful and memorable stay at this beautiful resort and will strongly recommend to visit it for stay and delicious sea food.

During our return Journey we decided to halt at Dehati Restaurant (Kolhapur). Google maps really took us for a ride by making us travel on an entirely different route all together. Though the road was scenic and covered with forests on both the sides, we were deprived of mobile network and internet for 80 odd kms. The ghat whose name is still unknown to us really brought down the fuel economy from 15 to 12 kmpl, it was unlike any other ghat with really sharp inclines which provided cardio to the engine (the car was fully loaded , 5 people and AC on). The AFE for the return journey was 13kmpl.

These were my major trips with the vehicle until now and other short trips mostly included frequent Mumbai-Pune , Mumbai-Lonavala travels on weekends.

Some Quick Overall Observations after 6K kms:-
1. XUV 700 has large glass areas which brings liveliness and helps in decreasing claustrophobic feeling in the cabin. Though the windows are big, it allows lot of sunlight to enter inside the cabin which can increase cabin temperature.

2. XUV 700 has two AC coils, one in the first row and the other in the third row. The middle row gets combined air from dual temperature set in the first row. If there is large temperature difference between the driver side and co-driver side temperature then the cooling in the middle row can get affected.

3. The engine performance and suspension of the vehicle is just amazing and the confidence it provides to the driver while going over rough roads and open stretches really lives up to the tag "Live the Rush". The suspension handles rough patches better on higher speeds than on slower speeds.

4. The super light electronic steering helps in driving in city conditions and weighs up pretty well at higher speeds, thereby providing ease of driving and helping on long tours.

5. Boot lamp , third row cabin light is sorely missed and feels left out. The third row when seats folded has good storage capacity, one does not feel absence of luggage capacity.

6. High beam assist came into good purpose while driving on single lane two way highways, it drops to low beam whenever it detects street light with enough intensity or lights from the headlamps of the incoming vehicle.

7. XUV 700 has good road presence, even after 2 years of its launch it is a head turner and vehicles give way when they see the beast approaching.

8. Adrenox software as a whole package is great with few improvements needed as changing the esim connectivity to Jio or Airtel, time taken for the app to connect to the vehicle controls should also be reduced.

9. In the initial days, once the infortainment display refused to boot up after switching on the vehicle ignition but after the software updates it didnt happen again. The only major shortfall is Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
Apple Carplay connection is always a hit or miss. Android Auto connectivity is much better than carplay for that matter but not great. There have been incidents when A.C & A.A have suddenly frozen and crashed both instrument cluster and Infortainment display while the car was running. Requesting Mahindra to really look into optimising and increasing the overall stability of their adrenox software with A.A and A.C.

Google maps used to appear stuck after the recent software update but I could find a workaround for this problem, In the android/IOS go to google maps in settings and change the location permission from 'while using the app' to 'always allow'.

10. After recent update, mileage seems to have been affected and have seen reduced figures i.e 1 - 2 kmpl less than what was usual. Have to check on this with other members.

11. Sound Quality on A.A sounded better than A.C (in case of Spotify). Music had greater punch and improved treble response. The 6 speakers do not feel underpowered at all and produce sound quality comparable to the 12 speaker variant.

Requesting fellow bhpians to suggest good seat polish since after the recent trip the seat covers have some mud stains here and there.

Bellow are some pictures of my Beast
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-sas3.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-sas5.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-sas6.jpg  

LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 17:41   #8499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post

Nice review.

Good job obscuring number plate. Everyone sharing their vehicle pictures should definitely consider obscuring before sharing it online.

I can't say much but Mahindra's security is quite weak and leaks more data than it should. Just car number is enough to pull all PII.
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 10:14   #8500
BHPian

Quote:

Requesting fellow bhpians to suggest good seat polish since after the recent trip the seat covers have some mud stains here and there.
You can use the below - works like magic - Spray, let it for a minute and wipe- For tougher stains use a soft toothbrush to agitate the applied foam and then wipe off

https://www.amazon.in/3M-Interior-Cl.../dp/B0183SZDTS

Cheers
kedar_GT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 10:18   #8501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
Nice review.

Good job obscuring number plate. Everyone sharing their vehicle pictures should definitely consider obscuring before sharing it online.

I can't say much but Mahindra's security is quite weak and leaks more data than it should. Just car number is enough to pull all PII.
Yes - its amazing how bad the data privacy with Mahindra or their vendors (Adrenox ?) etc is. The SA himself/herself warns you of the RSA fraud at the time of delivery.

That means everyone knows there is a hole but there is no effort done on the part of Mahindra to plug this.
I received these RSA calls some 7-8 times since I took delivery in Feb.
kedar_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 10:33   #8502

Quote:

Bellow are some pictures of my Beast
I am using "Wavex PLVR" this for cleaning interiors. And then "Dashboard and leather conditioner" this for conditioning. I am very happy with the results.

Last edited by DriTraPh : 29th May 2023 at 10:48.
DriTraPh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 11:17   #8503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
You can use the below - works like magic - Spray, let it for a minute and wipe- For tougher stains use a soft toothbrush to agitate the applied foam and then wipe off

https://www.amazon.in/3M-Interior-Cl.../dp/B0183SZDTS

Cheers
Use the same one. Works very well and keeps the leather nice and clean, works even on the fabric parts of the headliners.
Old 29th May 2023, 11:44   #8504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Yes - its amazing how bad the data privacy with Mahindra or their vendors (Adrenox ?) etc is. The SA himself/herself warns you of the RSA fraud at the time of delivery.

That means everyone knows there is a hole but there is no effort done on the part of Mahindra to plug this.
I received these RSA calls some 7-8 times since I took delivery in Feb.
Please elaborate about RSA fraud.

Till now no such calls came through, that's why.
Old 29th May 2023, 11:50   #8505
BHPian

Hi fellow XUV700 owners, pleased to share the my AX7L PET AT is finally complete with sequential indicators and latest software update. I'm not really sure what the updates have been, but in my 100-odd KMS of driving post update, I did not find any major changes.

However, my already patchy Android Auto connection has become worse. Previously it used to connect more often than not, but it has become reverse. It connects one in ten times. No amount of "forgetting devices" and reconnecting helps. Bluetooth connects without fail, but Android Auto doesn't. For reference, mine is a Pixel 7 phone.

Any suggestions for a fix? Kindly help. Apologies if it has been previously discussed and I have missed it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks