Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2023, 16:16   #8521
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Friends, I need another help, its regarding accessories:

I am planning to take following accessories: Dealer has given me the rates as mentioned in front of each item:
1. Side steps -24500
2. Rear Bumper guard alluminium - 6000
3. Illuminated scuff plates for all 4 doors- 6000
4. SD card for 360 camera recording- 800
5. Screen guard for infotainment system.- 950
6. Rain visor with chrome strip for all four windows.- 5700
7. Mud guards -800

Do you think these rates are ok and if not, what is the expected price for each of these items? Dealer is not ready to give much discounts but if I know how much discount I can get then I can push him more.
Also, any recommendation on any other accessories needed in AX7L Petrol.
zoom2_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 16:22   #8522
BHPian

Recently on my vacation trip, i found one tyre pressure is reducing slowly. Since it was a hilly area and no availability of mahindra service centres in less than 100 kms radius, i took the car to a puncture shop and got it checked. It found out that the leakage is from the side wall. But there was absolutely no external damage, not even a scratch in the puncture area. I had to repair it due to the terrain conditions. (I forgot to take a picture of the puncture before repair).

After coming back, i raised a complaint with Mahinda and they, in turn, raised it with MRF. MRF is washing their hands, saying that the damage is due to repair.

Please advise what to do.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-tyre-puncture1.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-tyre-puncture.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-mrf-reply.jpg
Old 30th May 2023, 16:32   #8523
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post

I am planning to take following accessories: Dealer has given me the rates as mentioned in front of each item:
1. Side steps -24500
7. Mud guards -800

Do you think these rates are ok and if not, what is the expected price for each of these items? Dealer is not ready to give much discounts but if I know how much discount I can get then I can push him more.
The given quote seems a little on the higher side. I got the following quote

1.Screen Guard ---700.00
2. Foot Step------24000.00
3.bumper Guard ABS with satin finish-7300.00
4.Illum.Scuff plates-5300.00
5.S D card------------600.00
6.Screen Guard--- 700.00
7.Rain Visor---5000.00
8.Mud Flap----800.00
Dilip
Old 30th May 2023, 17:15   #8524
BHPian

Hello BHPians,
Logging in to the forum after an eternity today.
Just sharing a quick update. My AX7 Petrol AT completed 20k kms last week. Got the 3rd Free Service done from NBS Mahindra, Sewri Mumbai. Experience was a breeze as always. SA Tejas Jadhav is a hands-on guy; has been my contact since the 1st service. Following service actions were completed:
- Micro Relay Replacement
- Silver Box Flashing for Android Auto & Apple Carplay (FINALLY!)
- Carbon Filter
- Fuel Filter
I had asked for the Maxicare Interior & Exterior package in addition, hence the total cost came up to 5,793/- including taxes.

Happy to note that Android Auto & Apple Carplay (both wireless) are performing brilliantly without any hiccups and are stable.

The car hasn't been driven around much lately, since I have been living out of a suitcase owing to business travel. Planning for a short weekend trip, will update on the performance improvement (if any). Cheers!
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 21:12   #8525

Quote:

1. Side steps -24500
7. Mud guards -800

You can check rates for all these accessories online. After that I would suggest you negotiate on no fitting charges and around 10% discount on online prices. All these accessories are high margin and you should aim for getting this much discount.

I agree with dilipkumar that these prices are on higher side. I remember buying visors and illuminated stuff plates for around 4800 each.

I got SDCard from Amazon for Rs 300/- and got it fitted for free. Similarly, screen protector after market for 700/- and got it fitted for free.
Old 31st May 2023, 11:21   #8526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriTraPh View Post
You can check rates for all these accessories online. After that I would suggest you negotiate on no fitting charges and around 10% discount on online prices. All these accessories are high margin and you should aim for getting this much discount.

I agree with dilipkumar that these prices are on higher side. I remember buying visors and illuminated stuff plates for around 4800 each.

I got SDCard from Amazon for Rs 300/- and got it fitted for free. Similarly, screen protector after market for 700/- and got it fitted for free.
I think the M-2All website has been having some issues. I wanted to buy 2 chrome accessories but I only saw this every time I opened the website:
Mahindra XUV700 Review-m2all.png
It's just blank and it says, no products found.
Old 31st May 2023, 12:06   #8527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
Check for Chasis number of the vehicle allotted to you. If the Chasis number MA1NE2ZTFP6Cxxxxx, contains either A or B ( A is Jan, B is Feb) then it is BS6 anything which has C (March), D (April) or E (May) then it will be BS6.2.

You can also directly ask the dealer to show the status of vehicle if it BS6 or 6.2. They usually maintain a dashboard for all vehicles in stock.

I would recommend to go for only BS6.2 now, no compromise.
Feb cars are BS6.2 compliant, any vehicle sold in and after April 2023 must be BS6.2 compliant. Some Jan vehicles are also BS6.2 compliant.
My XUV is Feb manufactured and all the docs contain BS6.2 information.

Quote:

1. Side steps -24500
7. Mud guards -800

For me it was,

Mud Flap - 800
Side Footstep - 23705 (Footstep - 14368, bracket - 4150.78, Tax - 5187)
Illuminated Scuff Plates - 5150
Tailgate Scuff Protector - 2470
3D Mats - 5700

On my first service, I got the SD card and Screen Protector installed.
SD Card - 611
Screen Protector 602

You can have a look at the PDF that the dealer sent me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Adobe Scan Apr 14, 2023 (2).pdf (757.6 KB, 315 views)
Old 31st May 2023, 12:12   #8528
BHPian

For the benefit of customers waiting for Tail lamps (with seq. indicators), writing down how I managed to get those installed couple of days back.

1) Based on the advice from this forum, wrote to customer care in Feb. My car was delivered in Dec'22.
2) In the response, a regional customer care manager was looped in and he promptly replied stating, he is looking into my request and provided his contact.
3) From Feb, till Mid May, he would give a date for me to call, but mostly he would state his inability and provide another date. Reasons: Limited supply, customers ahead in the queue, shipping delay, etc.
4) I have the feeling, the supply to dealers is still not stabilized (despite new cars having them factory fitted), with limited quantities, it is under the purview of these customer care managers when it comes to allotment.
5) Finally, he sent me an allotment mail with a service advisor in copy and asked me to get in touch with him. It took couple of more calls to the SA, but it was smooth after that.
6) I would be happy to provide the CC Manager's Phone contact through DM. Expecting a callback from the dealer could be a futile exercise (they are busy selling cars & pretty much wash their hands off after the delivery).

The replacement procedure took 3 hours (ideally should have been just 2 with better coordination), flashing of the silverbox (10.14.11) and the physical fitment of the tail lamps. I had carried the Mahindra letter and the allotment email, but no documentation was needed.

Last edited by haribalram : 31st May 2023 at 12:13.
haribalram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 19:19   #8529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
I think the M-2All website has been having some issues. I wanted to buy 2 chrome accessories but I only saw this every time I opened the website:
Attachment 2457432
It's just blank and it says, no products found.
Yes, unfortunately, Mahindra has decided to close the online store and we are now in mercy of showrooms/service center to procure genuine accessories. Please see official communication from M2ALL.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-m2all.jpg  

Last edited by mahesh.alse : 31st May 2023 at 19:21.
Old 1st June 2023, 09:31   #8530

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh.alse View Post
Yes, unfortunately, Mahindra has decided to close the online store and we are now in mercy of showrooms/service center to procure genuine accessories. Please see official communication from M2ALL.
Pricing on the online store has consistently been lower than what I have seen quoted by members in this forum. Seems like Mahindra bowed down to dealership pressure here. Unwelcome move, I must say.

Did you ask them why they chose to close down the online store?
Old 1st June 2023, 09:43   #8531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
So my barely a month old Xuv 700 D AT has developed multiple oil leakages(as per towing van driver).
Did you get an update on the issue ? Have you resumed your return journey ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post

6000 kms Ownership Review

Some Quick Overall Observations after 6K kms:-

9. In the initial days, once the infortainment display refused to boot up after switching on the vehicle ignition but after the software updates it didnt happen again. The only major shortfall is Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
Apple Carplay connection is always a hit or miss. Android Auto connectivity is much better than carplay for that matter but not great. There have been incidents when A.C & A.A have suddenly frozen and crashed both instrument cluster and Infotainment display while the car was running. Requesting Mahindra to really look into optimising and increasing the overall stability of their adrenox software with A.A and A.C.
Thanks for sharing your inputs. Always great to hear first-hand feedback from real users than reviewers.

I have read RavenAvi's ownership thread and he was facing a lot of random errors and freezes of the Adrenox system ? Is your experience similar or has the stability improved now ?

Did you face any suspension noise issue, that is being widely reported ? Does your model have ambient lighting ?

Last edited by F150 : 1st June 2023 at 09:44.
Old 1st June 2023, 10:12   #8532
Distinguished - BHPian

Does the India-specific XUV7OO get the adjustable headrest for the middle passenger in the 2nd row or not yet?

The model which the Australian Journalists got to drive recently at Mahindra’s test track in Chennai had the adjustable headrest for the middle passenger in the 2nd row.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-303136700962456ea7e271a0068151c9.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-6c0bdcf7fdf74399802d4417519d74ba.jpeg

CEF_Beasts is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 10:56   #8533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh.alse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriTraPh View Post
Pricing on the online store has consistently been lower than what I have seen quoted by members in this forum. Seems like Mahindra bowed down to dealership pressure here. Unwelcome move, I must say.
This was in the news about a month or two back. M2all cleared all stock with huge discount of upto 50%.

There was not much difference in the M2all price and the dealership quote and moreover it was very clearly mentioned in the M2all site that dealers are entitled to labour charges for installation. That is why the dealer price was higher than the M2all price.

In the initial days, M&M accessorory pricelist in Excel format was shared by some on this thread. If you search the thread you may still find those.

M2all had its own set of issues for which it had to be shut down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I have read RavenAvi's ownership thread and he was facing a lot of random errors and freezes of the Adrenox system ? Is your experience similar or has the stability improved now ?

Did you face any suspension noise issue, that is being widely reported ? Does your model have ambient lighting ?
The software issue with XUV700 (specially the Carplay) was never smooth, it is in a continuous improvement condition. Atleast for now it is better than the initial version released in Sept 22. In brief, the software will continue to irritate but it is something that one can live with.

There is no ambient lighting in any variant of XUV700 except for the two small lights on the roof.

One "gud gud" noise was reported by most of the owners. That has been taken care almost to the extent of 95% (if not more) by changing the design of the LCA. October' 22 onwards vehicles do not have this issue.
Sommos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 11:30   #8534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Does the India-specific XUV7OO get the adjustable headrest for the middle passenger in the 2nd row or not yet?

The model which the Australian Journalists got to drive recently at Mahindra’s test track in Chennai had the adjustable headrest for the middle passenger in the 2nd row.
Looks like a completely redesigned middle seat in the second row compared to my Jan 2023 manufactured car including a 3 point seat belt for the middle seat.
Old 1st June 2023, 13:36   #8535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post

Nope, I am not facing any random freezes while using the adrenox software
without android auto and apple carplay. You start seeing the freezes when you connect to these 3rd party integrations(A.A and A.C). Other than these I am having alexa issues like "internet is not reachable" & "something went wrong". The overall stability of the software as stated by Sommos has definitely improved since its launch and has continued to improve as Mahindra is providing regular software updates to improve user experience.

Yes, other issues like "gud gud noise" have been fixed to a great extent and vehicles post October 22 dont have these issues. Mine is from December 22 and I have not faced a single mechanical related issues/niggles. As far as issues are concerned it only boils down to some software related bugs here and there.
LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks