Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2021, 15:09   #916
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Is there any reason why M&M are so tight-lipped regarding official booking launch and availability of test drive units ? It's been over 1 month and 5 days since the media launch and yet there has not been a single official word about it's further proceedings apart from this freedom drive. This uncertainty is certainly not good for the customers I believe
APB98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 15:36   #917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
This has to be the highway figure using cruise control at a sensible speed. My puny 1litre turbo petrol in a 1000kg car has returned ~7.5kmpl over 3000kms so no way a 2000kg car with a 2L turbo petrol can deliver anything more than 6kmpl in city traffic
Hector petrol AT as well returns around 11-12kmpl on highways as per our ownership reviews. XUV is about the same weight but more aerodynamic in shape, coupled with GDi , It should do better at the same speed.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 15:52   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Hector petrol AT as well returns around 11-12kmpl on highways as per our ownership reviews. XUV is about the same weight but more aerodynamic in shape, coupled with GDi , It should do better at the same speed.
Highway figure should be 12 odd. I was able to get 23 odd in the magnite when driven at 80 using CC. Avg 16kmpl though driven v hard.
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 17:02   #919
Senior - BHPian

What if they announce and are unable to deliver that many units? Considering the demand, they are proceeding very carefully here
Quote:
Originally Posted by APB98 View Post
Is there any reason why M&M are so tight-lipped regarding official booking launch and availability of test drive units ? It's been over 1 month and 5 days since the media launch and yet there has not been a single official word about it's further proceedings apart from this freedom drive. This uncertainty is certainly not good for the customers I believe
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 18:19   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
What if they announce and are unable to deliver that many units? Considering the demand, they are proceeding very carefully here
This seems most likely. Considering the aggressive pricing and the XUV fan following, they wouldn't want to burn themselves. My neighbour works at M&M, maybe I should check how he's doing.
BennyA23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 19:59   #921
BHPian

Hello everyone,
Thanks TBHP for accepting my membership, this is my first post,
I have been viewing this thread for quite some time and I am grateful to all the members for sharing valuable insights and information about the xuv7oo.

I recently found a review of xuv7oo on YouTube wherein the reviewer has advised to switch off the AEBS system if a pregnant woman is on board. I basically don't have much idea of the AEBS system and the reviewers statement has made me skeptical about the functionality of AEBS. Won't the AEBS system coupled with the plastic tail gate and a cramped 3rd row be a recipe for disaster in the event of the vehicle coming to an abrupt halt after detecting something ahead.
I request members who have prior exposure to the AEBS system to kindly comment on its practicality in Indian driving conditions, whether it will make the driver more confident or nervous while driving.
Thanks 😊
Old 20th September 2021, 20:54   #922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
Very unlikely. My XUV500 (diesel) AT gives me about 9.8 to 10 kmpl (tankful to tankful) in city and may be about 13 kmpl on the highways. I expect similar (or lower) figures for the 7OO in real world for the diesel and about 7-8 kmpl in the city for the petrol AT.
My XUV5OO MT gives ~ 10 in stop go crawling traffic of Bengaluru, but on highways it is decent 16.5 kmpl. But if I switch my self to Eco mode (~90kmph), I have seen it hitting max millage limit of XUV5OO of 18 kmpl on highways. So even XUV7OO diesel should be doing decent numbers.
Arvind319 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 21:07   #923
BHPian

There's no point in speculating on the strength of the tailgate. The composition of the material, it's strength in theory gives no real indication of how it'll perform in real world conditions: better or worse.

The only way to know just how safe it is is waiting for the crash test results.
Old 20th September 2021, 21:38   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
Hello everyone,
I have been viewing this thread for quite some time and I am grateful to all the members for sharing valuable insights and information about the xuv7oo.
Welcome to the forum

Quote:
I recently found a review of xuv7oo on YouTube wherein the reviewer has advised to switch off the AEBS system if a pregnant woman is on board.
I am not a doctor, so cannot give an answer to what all can/will happen to an unborn baby in a panic/emergency braking but it is generally said that a mother's exposure to higher G forces than normal may be harmful to the baby.

Quote:
Won't the AEBS system coupled with the plastic tail gate and a cramped 3rd row be a recipe for disaster in the event of the vehicle coming to an abrupt halt after detecting something ahead.
Are you mentioning that due to AEB, some other vehicle may rear-end our vehicle? If yes, these things can always happen if the driver behind us is not attentive and not maintaining enough gap between the vehicles but maybe AEB can be more annoying in our bumper to bumper traffic conditions at slow speeds (Just my prediction - I haven't driven any car with AEB yet). And the tailgate is not plain plastic, it is a fibre composite. The composite layers, if properly designed, will offer higher strength than even the traditional sheet metal as well as saving weight in the process. Mahindra engineers have also said that they have added necessary elements to reinforce the composite tailgate. In addition, during a crash, the crash structure right behind the rear bumper is the one that absorbs and distributes the forces thereby saving the occupants. If that structure is flawed, be it a metal tailgate or a fibre composite one, you have a higher chance of getting serious injuries or even more.

Last edited by klgiridhar : 20th September 2021 at 21:39.
klgiridhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 21:41   #925
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APB98 View Post
Is there any reason why M&M are so tight-lipped regarding official booking launch and availability of test drive units?
- A lot of small and significant items still pending on their side including fine-tuning for immediate known issues form various drives.
- Silicon Chip shortage might be a major cause and demand supply estimates
- Crash Test Report is still in "waiting status" may be
- I had enquired with a dealer and they said that with new cars, the new SUV maker image transition plans of their showrooms might be a pending item across country.
- Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay licenses and approvals might be still in works (Apple was busy with their new product launches too)
- App Store and PlayStore new apps for supporting the car (Adrenox App) might not be ready and approved by Apple and Google respectively. I know how hard it sometimes it gets to release an app when App deals with safety and third party hardware integrations. No rocket science here but it is just labour intensive and time consuming process, sometime painful.
- Sony Music System was not fully enabled on all the test cars, must be some open item that is being closed as we speculate.

All in all, Oct 2 or Dasara time should be booing open timing, Diwali or so start rolling the cars, I hope!

Last edited by abirnale : 20th September 2021 at 21:43.
abirnale is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 22:02   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
Hello everyone,

I recently found a review of xuv7oo on YouTube wherein the reviewer has advised to switch off the AEBS system if a pregnant woman is on board. I basically don't have much idea of the AEBS system and the reviewers statement has made me skeptical about the functionality of AEBS. Won't the AEBS system coupled with the plastic tail gate and a cramped 3rd row be a recipe for disaster in the event of the vehicle coming to an abrupt halt after detecting something ahead.
I request members who have prior exposure to the AEBS system to kindly comment on its practicality in Indian driving conditions, whether it will make the driver more confident or nervous while driving.
Thanks 😊
Welcome to the forum 🙂

Regarding AEBS, I have seen the review video that you are quoting. If the system senses that an accident is imminent it would be surely brake by itself and the sudden jerk can bring discomfort to a pregnant lady with seat belt on and the reviewer was quoting that.

Having said so, I am currently driving a vehicle with ADAS system from the same provider, ie Mobileye. Mobileye is a pioneer in this field and the system used in XUV 700 is specifically designed for Indian conditions. For emergency braking functionality of ADAS, it gives a warning at first when system senses that our vehicle is dangerously going close to the car in front. After all the warnings, if there is still no response from the driver, then vehicle will brake by itself. System also calculates a whole lot of things, like speed of our car, speed of car in front etc so I don't think emergency braking will get activated in stop go traffic.
Vivek Menon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 13:28   #927
BHPian

Mumbai dealers are not even ready to give proper info regarding the vehicles arriving as part of the Freedom Drive on 24th Sept. Has anyone been able to secure info regarding this?

I'm actually wondering whether it's worth it to just visit for an outer look, when they wouldn't even let us get inside the vehicle.

P.s. Mahindra is saving a lot on advertising costs, since the word-of-mouth publicity itself and the hype created already is more than enough! However, the company does need to announce some more details now, as the public's patience/interest naturally starts waning beyond a point. Mahindra, come on, feed the beast some meat!
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 14:18   #928
BHPian

I think we might be getting more concrete information in a week's times. Dealers I spoke to confirmed that training for their staff is scheduled for 26th September and they are expecting more news on features/ variants / optional packs etc during the training. Wheather Mahindra will divulge all details is anyone's guess but yeah let's be hopeful.
Vivek Menon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 15:12   #929
Senior - BHPian

Yes, but please be aware that there is no 'rear crash test'. Also, the way my dad slams the door down with full force, I wonder how long it will last
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
The only way to know just how safe it is is waiting for the crash test results.
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 15:47   #930
BHPian

Found this in this video in Youtube :

In the screenshot I've attached from this video below we can see a mileage reading of 12.6 kmpl, for the diesel car which has been driven for thousands of kms (this was shot in Lucknow). Don't know how seriously we can look into this ..

Also, I had spoken with a dealer official in Aluva, Kochi, who also did confirm that they'll get training for the 700 this week and could most probably provide final official information regarding all the variants and features within a week or so. He also hinted what many have brought out here, that he's also hearing October 2nd as the most likely date for the official booking launch as well as the test drive availability. He didn't want to confirm anything regarding the variants right now, however.

Regarding online booking vs dealership booking, the official did say to me that online booking is literally an extra step, and that coming to the dealership directly would be better and faster.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20210921154011_youtube.jpg  

APB98 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks