Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2024, 13:10   #10201

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUID~THOUGHTS View Post
Second page of the errors and it seems to highlight esp and esc. Wonder what does it mean by “healed”. Self healing capability maybe ?
“Healed” really!!!

Of course I used the term in a sarcastic way , had no clue it actually is being used by Mahindra

Quote:
In Mahindra Service Centre… they are trying to diagnose the issue with their iscan and they found the following errors. Even though the errors are clearly visible they are unable to decode the problem properly. Requesting technical experts on team bhp to help decode these errors if they can to help solve this problem once and for all.

Are all the indicators that your car had on the very first occurrence still there? For me only the engine sign remained once I restarted

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th June 2024 at 13:37. Reason: Please use the EDIT button instead of typing one post after another on the same thread.
StraightDrive20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2024, 14:04   #10202
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorist_Blr View Post
Since there is an option to turn on the infotainment without turning on the engine, I hoped something similar available for turn off as well.
Try turning off with the switch and then immediately push the start switch again without pressing the clutch, for stand by.
I know the infotainment remains On for a few seconds after engine shut off. Hopefully it remains On without disconnecting.
Old 16th June 2024, 14:18   #10203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightDrive20 View Post
Are all the indicators that your car had on the very first occurrence still there? For me only the engine sign remained once I restarted

Same just the engine sign remained once I restarted. Our case is complete replica of each other, I mean from the same situation to indicators to the engine sign lamp at the end which remained after the car was restarted. The next morning tho the engine sign was not there and it was back to normal yet decided to go to service centre to have a look.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th June 2024 at 04:54. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing.
LIQUID~THOUGHTS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2024, 21:11   #10204
BHPian

We took delivery of our car (AX7L D AT) in September 2022. At the time, the dynamic turn indicators weren’t fitted to my car, with the dealer assuring that they’ll fit them at a later date.

Post that, I was out of the country for two years, and just recently remembered this. Any chance I can get them now?

The dealer is NBS Andheri.
Old 17th June 2024, 00:19   #10205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
We took delivery of our car (AX7L D AT) in September 2022. At the time, the dynamic turn indicators weren’t fitted to my car, with the dealer assuring that they’ll fit them at a later date.

Post that, I was out of the country for two years, and just recently remembered this. Any chance I can get them now?
Go to the service centre. There will be a pending action (Tail Lamp Replacement) against your vehicle which will show up in their system. SCs are required to replace it if the customer asks for it.
shubham_2206 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 10:11   #10206
bbv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHawk View Post
I approached nearest Mahindra authorized service center and after few checks like voltage etc they said the gravity of the battery is not good and it needs replacement. When enquired about warranty, they say that the battery that comes with the car is with 1 year warranty and it expired already.
With your daily average run, it sounds strange.
Would it not be possible to have a separate warranty card for the battery from dealer and claim warranty similar to normal outside purchased batteries, which usually come with 3 yr warranty, if required, from any outside authorized Amaron battery shop?

Last edited by aah78 : 18th June 2024 at 04:54. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 17th June 2024, 10:52   #10207
BHPian

Quote:
Since there is an option to turn on the infotainment without turning on the engine, I hoped something similar available for turn off as well.
Tried a few steps to shut down engine without turning off the infotainment. The Micro Hybrid engine stop is the only way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Use the Engine Automatic Start/Stop option. Works like a charm. Turn on the @ switch or the right side panel. When you stop just change gear to Neutral and release the clutch. Engine stops. Press the clutch again and engine starts. In automatic you just need to press the brakes stay in D mode. You may engage hand brakes as well and leave the brakes.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th June 2024 at 04:55. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 17th June 2024, 11:36   #10208
BHPian

Quote:
When I searched the forum I found someone asking the same, but couldn't find any response to that query, hence posting the query again.
Quote:
Use the Engine Automatic Start/Stop option. Works like a charm. Turn on the @ switch or the right side panel. When you stop just change gear to Neutral and release the clutch.
Quote:
Unfortunately I turn off the "Auto Start/Stop" most of the times, in that case engine won't turn off automatically after stopping and engaging break.
Quote:
Tried a few steps to shut down engine without turning off the infotainment. The Micro Hybrid engine stop is the only way out.
The problem with the Auto start/stop in Automatic Transmission is that it has a mind of its own. Sometimes it switches off the engine almost instantaneously when the vehicle comes to a halt and other times the engine keeps running even if the car is at stand still for over 5 mins. So this method is totally unreliable. And you have to keep the break pedal pressed even if the hand brake or auto hold is engaged.

So the only reliable way is to get the vehicle ignition to ACC position (Ignition ON and Engine OFF). As per the owners manual, this can be done by:

Emergency stop: To turn the engine OFF in an emergency, press and hold the engine start/stop button for more than 2 seconds or rapidly press and release the engine start/stop button 3 times within 3 seconds. On doing so, the vehicle ignition is changed to ACC position

The other way to get the ignition into ACC mode is to switch off the car engine and then switch on the ignition alone (without pressing brake). But you will have to pause the call for a few seconds as the phone call switches to phone and then back to car.

Also when in ACC mode for a long time, make sure to change the headlights from "Auto" to "OFF". The headlights will always be ON in Auto headlights mode when the ignition is in ACC.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th June 2024 at 04:55. Reason: Quotes trimmmed, spacing.
amahale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 14:42   #10209

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapKoura View Post
The dealer is NBS Andheri.
You must reach out to the dealer, they are ought to do this.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th June 2024 at 04:56. Reason: Quote trimmed.
XUV_700_Owner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 18:57   #10210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightDrive20 View Post
Just wanted to ask whether your phone was connected for charging while taking reverse when the entire car went haywire and you were in a tight space such that the reverse parking sensors were prompting stop with continuous sirens?

Last edited by LIQUID~THOUGHTS : 17th June 2024 at 19:05. Reason: Adding more details
Old 17th June 2024, 20:55   #10211

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
Also when in ACC mode for a long time, make sure to change the headlights from "Auto" to "OFF". The headlights will always be ON in Auto headlights mode when the ignition is in ACC.
Since the manual mentions it as Emergency Stop option, I prefer to avoid using that to bring to ACC condition.

If Auto Start/Stop is not disabled, it may stop automatically. I found that even if I engage parking brake, when I release break pedal engine is starting hence I need to keep the break pedal pressed.

Looks like switch off and switch on to ACC mode is the better option till Mahindra comes out with an option to switch off the engine alone.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th June 2024 at 04:56. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing.
Old 18th June 2024, 01:05   #10212

Quote:
Just wanted to ask whether your phone was connected for charging while taking reverse when the entire car went haywire and you were in a tight space such that the reverse parking sensors were prompting stop with continuous sirens?
Sure.
I do not use wired charging. Unfortunately, do not remember if i had kept the phone on the charging pad. It was a usual reverse, nothing out of ordinary.

How did the diagnosis go for your car? Though i am already skeptical, pls do share if it led to any useful insights
StraightDrive20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 06:38   #10213
BHPian

Hi All,

My night time driving has increased in last couple of months. Result is that I'm severely facing need for anti glare irvm. While searching for options / solutions on net stumbled upon these 3. Anybody has any experience of using any of these or any other option? Thanks in advance.

http://1. https://durvient.com/build...mahindra-suvs/

Build-to-Order Auto Dimming IRVM for Mahindra XUV500, XUV700 & ScorpioN – Black

2. Kitbest Mirror Anti Glare Rearview Mirror Interior Clip on Panoramic Car Convex Wide Angle to Reduce Blind Spot, Pack of 1 https://amzn.in/d/63LQxjD

3. SkycropHD Anti Glare Rear View Mirror for Car, Clip on Wide Angle Rearview Mirror Eliminate Blind Spots Convex, Blue https://amzn.in/d/bu3IzHc

Last edited by SamDiablo : 18th June 2024 at 07:04.
Old 18th June 2024, 08:25   #10214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since the manual mentions it as Emergency Stop option, I prefer to avoid using that to bring to ACC condition.

If Auto Start/Stop is not disabled, it may stop automatically. I found that even if I engage parking brake, when I release break pedal engine is starting hence I need to keep the break pedal pressed.

Looks like switch off and switch on to ACC mode is the better option till Mahindra comes out with an option to switch off the engine alone.
You are correct. You are only meant to use it when the brakes fail or something disastrous happens and you need the engine off.
Old 18th June 2024, 11:26   #10215

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
Hi All,

My night time driving has increased in last couple of months. Result is that I'm severely facing need for anti glare irvm. While searching for options / solutions on net stumbled upon these 3. Anybody has any experience of using any of these or any other option? Thanks in advance.

http://1. https://durvient.com/build...mahindra-suvs/

Build-to-Order Auto Dimming IRVM for Mahindra XUV500, XUV700 & ScorpioN – Black

2. Kitbest Mirror Anti Glare Rearview Mirror Interior Clip on Panoramic Car Convex Wide Angle to Reduce Blind Spot, Pack of 1 https://amzn.in/d/63LQxjD

3. SkycropHD Anti Glare Rear View Mirror for Car, Clip on Wide Angle Rearview Mirror Eliminate Blind Spots Convex, Blue https://amzn.in/d/bu3IzHc
I have been using the SkycropHD for the last ~2 years. Happy with the performance.
XUV_700_Owner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed