Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2021, 22:55   #1021
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
I was thinking of the AX3 and AX5 variants as well, but now in two minds as it appears that both don't have auto climate control, which would be a bummer. Now I'm considering saving some money and going for MX Auto, as the Adrenox system is not a big value add to justify the almost 2 lac difference between MX and AX3. Open to thoughts from others on this.
Agreed, especially considering the high failure rate of tech loaded cars and tech features. If the MX comes with AT option, it would make for a nice, reliable all-rounder.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 23:15   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Agreed, especially considering the high failure rate of tech loaded cars and tech features. If the MX comes with AT option, it would make for a nice, reliable all-rounder.
I doubt Mahindra would offer AT in MX variant. But nevertheless if offered, then boy that would be a great deal and it would kill competition such as Creta, Seltos, and so on.
I also agree that nowadays almost all cars are tech loaded and reliability is a big concern. But, technology has come a long way and most of the manufacturers are adopting new tech features as they are reliable and customer friendly. In today's market, almost every customer wants tech features in a car, and maybe 1-2% of customers might not be wishing to go for new tech features.

If budget is not a concern, I would say go for AX5 or AX7. Mid and Top Variant offerings will be good and can fetch good resale value in the future. With Mahindra, if you think electricals are risky then wait for six months or so. You might get better market feedback.
Looks like a lot of customization options will be provided on XUV7OO, so hold the decision and then decide the variant.
GRAND23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 23:16   #1023
Distinguished - BHPian

A brief walkaround of the AX7 MT petrol (normal, without an option pack):-

One thing of note - the normal AX7 MT petrol (sans any optional pack) comes with a flippy key AND a start-stop button!

Apparently, some people at Mahindra need to get their brains checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Anyone having pictures of White color?
Received one as a forward on Whatsapp.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-7oo-white.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 26th September 2021 at 23:19. Reason: added reply.
RavenAvi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 00:07   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Today during the Freedom Drive in Mumbai, the dealer confirmed that bookings would start from 7th October 2021. Initially, it was planned for 2nd October but then delayed due to ongoing Pitrupaksh.
This is a good decision by Mahindra. Hope the variant-wise pricing is announced tomorrow, along with the official announcement about optional packs, etc. There has been a lot of speculation on this. Need proper info in hand to arrive at a decision.

Which dealer did you visit for the Freedom Drive? I had called NBS at Girgaum Chowpatty on Wednesday and didn't get any info on this. As I was held up with some personal work, couldn't contact other dealers; only NBS was closest to my house.

As someone had suggested earlier in the thread, BHPians in cities should form a group and contact dealers for booking the XUV700; that would give us some leverage in negotiations. I am definitely interested in booking immediately.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 00:28   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
One thing of note - the normal AX7 MT petrol (sans any optional pack) comes with a flippy key AND a start-stop button!
Apparently, some people at Mahindra need to get their brains checked.
That's how it is !! There is no true keyless entry in any model of XUV700 as per the reviews and videos till now. To lock and unlock one will have to press the respective buttons on key fob.
All version keys are of flippy type. Mahindra has given flush fitting handles but no request sensors on handles, or they couldn't due to design.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 01:05   #1026
BHPian

I think it has passive keyless entry and thus should have sensors on the handles.

PKE is also mentioned somewhere on the official website but I can't find it for some reason ( but google can )

Mahindra XUV700 Review-image_20210927_010513.png
Old 27th September 2021, 01:08   #1027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...In short, the Luxury pack (L) is a combination of the Comfort (C) & Tech (T) packs. All features offered in the first two will be offered in the L.
This is the best news I have read about the 700 in a long time since its launch. This product team from Mahindra is any manufacturers wet dream !!

I so love Mahindra team has ensured the spread is super good and also allows the top spec variant NOT to miss anything. A XUV 700 Diesel AX AT L AWD will make the most perfect vehicle for someone like me who loves "safety + technology" ALL-INCLUSIVE if am willing to put down my money.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 27th September 2021 at 01:09.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 01:15   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
That's how it is !! There is no true keyless entry in any model of XUV700 as per the reviews and videos till now. To lock and unlock one will have to press the respective buttons on key fob.
All version keys are of flippy type. Mahindra has given flush fitting handles but no request sensors on handles, or they couldn't due to design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
I think it has passive keyless entry and thus should have sensors on the handles.

PKE is also mentioned somewhere on the official website but I can't find it for some reason ( but google can )
Our own TBHP review mentions the below mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post

Mahindra XUV700 Exterior Images

All doors get request sensors. Long press the unlock button on the keyfob and the window goes down and the sunroof opens. The blower starts throwing out air as well! We are a bit concerned about the long-term durability of these pop-out door handles:
UltraViolence is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 01:51   #1029
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2212301
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Our own TBHP review mentions the below mentioned.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700pbs.jpg

Here is the official site info grab.
In all the videos or reviews seen till now, the specific action of locking / unlocking through request sensor on handle has not been observed by me.
There is no button and this leaves a capacitive request sensor like Ford Eco Sport in question. I am sure Mahindra would have mentioned it.
Happy to be proven wrong!!

Here is a video as well.

Another one

Last edited by PraNeel : 27th September 2021 at 02:03.
PraNeel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 02:03   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody from NCR planning to buy the XUV700 ? Maybe we can approach the dealerships as a group and get priority delivery / negotiated insurance / finance rates if we can pick up a couple cars at once ?
If anybody's interested in approaching the dealer as a group to get priority delivery / ease of getting logistics / handling charges etc removed and negotiate better insurance rates then pls dm. I am sure if we can go as a group of bhpians the dealer will be "professional", both because of the higher booking numbers as well as the clout of TBHP

Thanks again and God bless
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 02:16   #1031

Quote:
If anybody's interested in approaching the dealer as a group to get priority delivery / ease of getting logistics / handling charges etc removed and negotiate better insurance rates then pls dm.
Hi akg7091,
I live in Ghaziabad and interested in booking the car. Please let me know how to go about it collectively. I don't know how to dm so messaging here. Apologies to everyone else here.
footloose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 07:36   #1032

Quote:
If anybody's interested in approaching the dealer as a group to get priority delivery / ease of getting logistics / handling charges etc removed and negotiate better insurance rates then pls dm. I am sure if we can go as a group of bhpians the dealer will be "professional", both because of the higher booking numbers as well as the clout of TBHP

Thanks again and God bless
I am interested. Not getting any option to DM you.
Information that I have collected from visiting 2 Sales offices in Ghaziabad -
1. No official response on booking start but 7th seems to be it
2. These 2 dealers haven’t started receiving the stock yet. Both showrooms are getting renovated though
3. People who went for training confirmed that there were enough cars ready for delivery in the factory
4. No news on petrol variants being pushed initially, over diesel. At least as per him
5. Booking process to be much more robust than what has been adopted by Mahindra and perhaps the industry as well
6. Top model plus features trip to be under 25 OTR

I have a doubt if we will get well priced insurance in such times as they expect huge volume of bookings on the opening days.
But let’s try if we can do bulk buying.

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th September 2021 at 19:45. Reason: typo
Model-Bouncer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 08:49   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
1. Mahindra has acquired enough chips to produce around 30k XUVs. They have a production capacity of around 5k units per month so there should be uninterrupted production till the end of Q1 2022.
Hello Ram, Do you have the latest on Thar's production?
Old 27th September 2021, 09:30   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post
If budget is not a concern, I would say go for AX5 or AX7. Mid and Top Variant offerings will be good and can fetch good resale value in the future. With Mahindra, if you think electricals are risky then wait for six months or so. You might get better market feedback.
Looks like a lot of customization options will be provided on XUV7OO, so hold the decision and then decide the variant.
Thanks. My only concern is that based on the current info available it seems all trims MX to AX5 will be getting manual A/C and only the AX7 will be getting dual climate control. I would be very happy to go in for the AX5 variant if it has even single zone ACC, but I believe that is not a feature we will be able to retrofit or customize in any way. Would be happy to be proven wrong though
Old 27th September 2021, 10:16   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Received one as a forward on Whatsapp.

Attachment 2212274
Thanks for the Videos and the picture.
Just want to confirm if this is White or silver.
As it looks like silver to me.
Anyone who has seen it in person can suggest which one looks better, White or silver?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks