Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2021, 16:03   #1051
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

The quote was for the Safari XZA+ gold in Bangalore.
Old 27th September 2021, 16:28   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
If anybody's interested in approaching the dealer as a group to get priority delivery / ease of getting logistics / handling charges etc removed and negotiate better insurance rates then pls dm. I am sure if we can go as a group of bhpians the dealer will be "professional", both because of the higher booking numbers as well as the clout of TBHP

Thanks again and God bless
Hey there,
I'm not getting an option to DM you. I think this is an amazing idea/initiative! I'm based out of Delhi and looking to book the car as soon as it opens. My email is 10nitin@gmail.com. Lets create a whatsapp group for easier coordination.
10nitin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 16:40   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchamp View Post
I got calls from 2 different dealerships today asking me to send my KYC details to pre-book the XUV700. No booking amount needed though.
Dealer not asking for booking amount? Lets assume 50k per booking, 50*100 booking = 50 lacs which is not bad a working capital.

Seems he only need your id . I find it pretty normal.
Passiautonate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 16:42   #1054

From all the leaks so far, Ax7 will be available only in Automatic transmission. If someone who is looking for Manual transmission then will have to opt of Ax5 or lower.

The media drives organized earlier seems to have few AX7 manual but the leaked screenshots doesn't show MT for AX7. Can someone share more details on this ?
Auto_Nar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 16:48   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
I got a quote of 29.46 lakh OTR for the top end safari (without their "value pack" that includes extended warranty, amc and ceramic coating)

Are you excluding insurance from the OTR price ?
If I was into exaggeration, i'd have said my eyeballs jumped out of their socket and returned. ₹ 29.46L. wow!

I had a quote from KTH motors in BLR from April 2021 that says the Automatic XZA+ Adventure Persona edition was ₹ 27.24L on-road. This included insurance and road tax, registration, etc., the usual inclusions, prior to any haggling for discounts. Had none of the other stuff as service package or extended warranty, etc..

Obviously prices have increased since April 2021.
k_ajay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 17:10   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I
The Automatic XZA+ Adventure Persona edition was ₹ 27.24L on-road
Yes, the prices are indeed 'eye-popping'

However, the gold edition does have ventilated seats in both rows, an air-purification system and wireless phone charging: features which did not exist in the previous top-trim as far as I know.

On the flip-side, the interiors have been "upscaled" to look like something done by Jaguar (the bathroom fittings company, not the car)
yogishkamath is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 18:35   #1057
BHPian

Got a call from M&M today again. He confirmed that AWD version is only available in AX7 AT trim.
febin8055 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 19:07   #1058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Just want to confirm if this is White or silver.

Anyone who has seen it in person can suggest which one looks better, White or silver?
The friend who forwarded it to me claims it is White, under a darkened day's sky.

Am on the lookout for a clear pic of the White in broad daylight. Shall revert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto_Nar View Post
From all the leaks so far, Ax7 will be available only in Automatic transmission. If someone who is looking for Manual transmission then will have to opt of Ax5 or lower.

The media drives organized earlier seems to have few AX7 manual but the leaked screenshots doesn't show MT for AX7. Can someone share more details on this ?
Wrong.

Check my post from the previous page for a short walkaround of an AX7 petrol MT which has reached the dealerships.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5159267 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post
Key is provided in the event of battery failure of remote to open the door. You need to bring the remote close to start stop button to start the engine but to open the door you will need the physical key.
That's not the point.

Most cars which start at or around the 10 lakh ex-showroom mark these days come with premium, separate keyfobs for their topmost variants which are equipped with keyless entry & start-stop buttons inside (for example, Hyundai Creta). The key is inserted inside the keyfob itself - it can be removed from the top or is detachable.

Flippy keyfobs are usually given with mid/upper-mid variants. Even cars costing 6L and above have flippy keys for their mid level variants.

In this regard, Mahindra cheaped out with providing a flippy key for it's topmost AX7 variant. They should have given a premium, separate keyfob which usually comes with a detachable/removable key inside.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th September 2021 at 19:22. Reason: added reply.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 19:17   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
Hi akg7091,

I live in Delhi and also interested in the group booking. Do let me/us (other bhp'ians) know how and when we can get together and go about this process.
Please add me in as well. I am in Noida and can get car registered in noida or delhi
Old 27th September 2021, 19:25   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The friend who forwarded it to me claims it is White, under a darkened day's sky.
=====
They should have given a premium, separate keyfob which usually comes with a detachable/removable key inside.
Even I’m absolutely gutted that they choose to go with flip key instead of the smart key fob like previous XUV500 top variant. Also don’t understand the reason of not continuing with dual exhaust pipes like XUV 500 . The fake exhaust does not look good

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th September 2021 at 19:52. Reason: Trimming quoted posts. Avoid quoting entire large posts for replies. Thanks
MayurS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 19:37   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The AX7 is only offered as a 7 seater and the top trim has all wheel drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Apart from ADAS, AX7 also comes with dual zone climate control, leatherette upholstery, 18 inch alloy wheels......
Apart from offering the AWD in the top-end AX7 automatic, it would have been good if the AWD was available on a non-ADAS AX5 top trim as well preferrably in both MT and AT.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 27th September 2021 at 19:38.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 20:26   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.....However, the gold edition does have ventilated seats in both rows, an air-purification system and wireless phone charging: features which did not exist in the previous top-trim as far as I know. (the bathroom fittings company, not the car)
Thanks for your post, I wasn't even aware of a "Gold" edition on the Safari. After checking it out just now, I'm glad I was blind and prefer to keep my eyes closed.
The only thing I really like from that variant is the nice ventilated seats and maybe a first in the segment, in the 2nd row as well. Really wish M&M thought and offered it in their XUV7OO.

Quote:
On the flip-side, the interiors have been "upscaled" to look like something done by Jaguar (the bathroom fittings company, not the car)
Haha, that cracked me up. 100% agree.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 20:29   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Am on the lookout for a clear pic of the White in broad daylight. Shall revert.

Wrong.

Check my post from the previous page for a short walkaround of an AX7 petrol MT which has reached the dealerships.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5159267 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

That's not the point.

Most cars which start at or around the 10 lakh ex-showroom mark these days come with premium, separate keyfobs for their topmost variants which are equipped with keyless entry & start-stop buttons inside (for example, Hyundai Creta). The key is inserted inside the keyfob itself - it can be removed from the top or is detachable.

Flippy keyfobs are usually given with mid/upper-mid variants. Even cars costing 6L and above have flippy keys for their mid level variants.

In this regard, Mahindra cheaped out with providing a flippy key for it's topmost AX7 variant. They should have given a premium, separate keyfob which usually comes with a detachable/removable key inside.
Noted sir, I got your point.
My fluidic Verna SX opt has the same mechanism as you say.
But I am not sure if it feels more premium or more practical to use. In fact in the event of Battery failure which happens every 2/3 years I would still prefer the flip mechanism then the detachable key. It's very cumbersome to open doors with a small key without any support specially for those who have big hands. And opening the door would need use of two hands instead of one.
This is a small detail which many like me won't mind.
And if it did result in lowering cost of the vehicle then I think Mahindra had done a great job in cheaping out in those areas which will not result in any great difference.
Anyway it's still a personal choice, people may like it eitherways.
drsachin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 20:37   #1064
BHPian

Finally got a call from a M&M executive, who asked a host of questions including my age group, pincode of residence, details of my current car for exchange, whether I am a businessman or a salaried employee, my preferred transmission and fuel type, and even whether I was looking at any other car (of another carmaker) to buy as well.
The executive even asked whether I would book right away after TD or not.

I tried to bombard them back with questions regarding launch date, variants etc, but she was repeating the same statement which all their official social media handles have been saying from the start - "booking will start in line with the festive season..". The only relevant information I could extract from the conversation was that M&M would reveal all information in the coming days. Despite calling up my nearest dealer in Kochi a few times in the past few weeks, no one has contacted me like many here have been ringed up by their nearest dealerships.

Btw, I saw a post in Facebook where this person claims that a 4×4 (AWD) Xuv 700 has reached Eram Motors in Calicut. Attaching the screenshot of that post below :
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20210927203058_facebook.jpg  

APB98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 20:38   #1065
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ncement-422182

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks