Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 17:33   #1231
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

360 Canera / Blind Spot Detection should at least be available as Option for AWD?
Old 30th September 2021, 17:36   #1232
BHPian

For me the most disappointing aspect is that all variants (excepts AX7 & its sub-variants) do not come with ACC (checked using the XUV700 gallery/360 degree walkthrough); whereas A7 onwards, it is a direct jump to dual zone ACC.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 17:41   #1233
BHPian

Phew, the thread seems to have literally exploded with contradictory views !

I agree that this is a huge disappointment for those looking for AWD with all the tech. Despite not aiming for AX7 or AWD, I was initially disappointed seeing the features distribution across the variants, especially the AX5. But when I gave it a bigger thought, AX5 still did have quite decent specs on paper, coupled with superb engine and performance, which did console me.

But after playing around with the 360 degree view of the car for all the variants, it was shocking to see how they've tried to make the AX5 look really really plain and basic ! (I hope this too is more a problem of the website ).

If these images below are true, then it shows how much M&M have tried to make AX 7 look apart and everything else basic. I mean, imagine that you're still paying around 20L OTR for an AT AX5, but get such basic looks like an all black ORVM with no part having the body paint colour, no chrome on the front grill vertical slats (which puzzled me considering that the images of AX 5 had them) and apparently no soft touch material on the dash. What is more surprising is how plain the central console behind the gear lever looks ! It doesn't have the joystick like knob, and doesn't even seem to have the piano black finish but just plain mat black ! I mean, is this a base variant or a mid variant ??
The position of the hand brake lever is also questionable by the looks of it.

Another laughable omission on the supposedly "5 seater" version is the lack of middle headrest on the 2nd row .

Anyways, it does seem that AX5 will have alloy wheels itself since even the 360° walk around shows them, even highlighting it as a feature of the exterior.

Now I am trying to guess the VFM of AX variant especially for the AT. You get 2 more airbags, sunroof, alloy wheels, ESP, etc. We still have to add reverse cam, automatic headlights, rear bumper protector etc.Would there be a possibility of integrating the 360° cam later on an AX5 ?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-photogrid_plus_1633000834510.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photogrid_plus_1633000875200.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-photogrid_plus_1633000904857.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20210930164323_chrome.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20210930164159_chrome.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20210930163406_chrome.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-picsart_093005.17.45.jpg  

APB98 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 17:48   #1234
Distinguished - BHPian

How the 7 seat XUV700 stacks up against its rivals!

Mahindra XUV700 Review-1.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th September 2021 at 17:50.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 17:49   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek Menon View Post
Another interesting fact for me is about providing ADAS features in manual variant. Need to see how adaptive cruise and especially smart pilot assit would work with manual mode.
It works just fine, I have a MT Mazda 3 with same ADAS features and adaptive cruise control works post 30kmph and disengages itself when the speed falls below 30 where driver has to intervene.

It basically keeps the same gear and use it as an automatic with rpms increasing. Once it reaches the rev limit, it will start asking you to upshift just using clutch. No need to touch brake/accelerator.

Last edited by turbowhistle : 30th September 2021 at 17:49. Reason: Typo
turbowhistle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 17:53   #1236
BHPian

Looked at the limited comparison provided on the Mahindra website.
Disappointed with lack on useful features in AX3 D5.AT and AX5 D5.AT. There is no mention of ABS/EBD (should have been mandatory).

On AX-5, I was expecting reverse camera and parking assist, basic cruise control, rain sensing auto-wipers, auto-headlamps, auto-folding side mirrors, door lamps, TPMS, multi-protocol USB charging points in all rows (atleast 5v2a ports), a good music system with atleast 6 speakers, single zone auto climate control, push-button start. But none of these seem to be present.

Instead some features I am reluctant to use or have concerns about reliability are included (Adrenox connect app, Alexa, skyroof, selective unlock, smart handles, Withyouhamesha sos / e-call / RSA integration etc). I dont need 7 seats. In my old XUV500, I rarely used the last row seats, in fact for less than 5 hours overall in the 86000+ hours I owned the car.

I will have to skip XUV700 I guess. Not worth at the quoted price if I am not getting the above expected features. Sorry Mahindra.
Pulse500 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 17:56   #1237
BHPian

This is where BH will help us out. Just imagine the road tax for the first two years will be around 20k for the first version listed here. Its close to 2 lakh less loan or downpayment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Got the Bangalore Pricing with insurance from one of the places

Attachment 2213576
Old 30th September 2021, 18:08   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
This is where BH will help us out. Just imagine the road tax for the first two years will be around 20k for the first version listed here. Its close to 2 lakh less loan or downpayment.
Pardon me if this is not the thread to extend the discussion on this, but I would like to know more on the BH registration and from when we can utilize it. I am applicable for it (since I work for a company which has presence in more than 5 states), but I live in Kerala which I believe hasn't yet agreed to this. Could you please throw more light on this because the gap between Ex-showroom and OTR seems to be beyond what I can grasp.
Old 30th September 2021, 18:14   #1239
BHPian

Just went to Mahindra dealer close to me in Bangalore. They have a special launch event organised tomorrow. Have been asked to attend. Here's the full on road price list for Bangalore they shared with me.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv7oo-launch-price-oct21converted.png  

BharathXUV700 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 18:18   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
It works just fine, I have a MT Mazda 3 with same ADAS features and adaptive cruise control works post 30kmph and disengages itself when the speed falls below 30 where driver has to intervene.

It basically keeps the same gear and use it as an automatic with rpms increasing. Once it reaches the rev limit, it will start asking you to upshift just using clutch. No need to touch brake/accelerator.
Thank you so much for the clarification. My current vehicle had adaptive cruise but it's automatic and hence the doubt.

But if you take smart pilot assist feature, it should work in stop go traffic so I guess as u said car might be frequently asking to do the gear shifts.
Old 30th September 2021, 18:26   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_sax View Post
AX5 doesn't even seem to have alloy wheels, and with no-option pack support will probably have to go with alternatives.
Website seems to be updated now. AX5 now shows alloys. Even I was surprised how AX5 can be so poorly equipped at such a premium of 3+ lakhs over MX ex-showroom. AX5 still doesnt have many features I am looking for.
Pulse500 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 18:28   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
360 Canera / Blind Spot Detection should at least be available as Option for AWD?
Wonder if these can be retrofitted at the dealer end.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 18:29   #1243
BHPian

I was looking forward to the AX7 AWD L variant as well. A little disappointed this would not be possible now. From all the reviews, it was already clear that ventilated seats would not be part of the vehicle at the moment. This was one feature i find extremely useful on my long drives. This and the Auto dimming IRVM. I had consoled myself that i would have to compromise on the ventilated seats (Auto IRVM i could install later myself). I was also apprehensive of buying from the first batch of cars.

So now, with the L option pack not available for the AWD version, i guess i will take GTO's advice and wait till middle of next year to place my order. Who knows, maybe they will have incorporated the ventilated seats in the top of the line variant by then. But, i know if i do this, i wont be taking delivery of my car till mid 2023.

Also, i think by then Hector+ will launch a version with ADAS. Also the Jeep Meridian will come out, although for sure this one will cross 40 L OTR.
BharathXUV700 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 18:33   #1244
BHPian

I was also looking for AX5 Diesel MT but looking at the features offered, it looks bare bones for the premium charged(almost 20lakhs). At least ACC, Auto dimming IRVM, reverse camera would have been good additions. Will wait to see the vehicle in person before taking a decision to drop.
ramsudhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 18:33   #1245
BHPian

Mahindra has acted smart guys. Every feature that was hyped or was on display(barring a few) has been put behind a rather big pay wall. Anyone related to Gaming industry might call them as microtransactions. Automobile Industry calls them as optional packs. Mahindra has put most of the featured tech in a 1.8 Lakh pack, and I'm sure they'll be milking the hell out of it. I expect a Tech and Comfort pack after 6 months to an year.

Fun fact: My Cousin's Mercedes A-class had a cheaper Optional Executive Pack than what Mahindra is offering at 1.8 Lakh. A 1.8 Lakh optional pack for a 20 Lakh car means an almost 10% extra money for 5 features. Seems like they took not only the design inspiration but the optional pack price inspiration from Mercedes Mahindra should've taken the proper inspiration from Mercedes. Giving ADAS as option like Merc does with its Driver Assistance pack.

On analyzing the variant list, Sadly, I find those opting for AX7 MT to be at the most disadvantage. They'll be missing out on almost all the featured goodies even on paying more than 2 million OTR and to add on the optional pack, they would've to shell out a whooping 3.4 Lakh because you only get these features on AT. So it's pretty much against the MT buyers. And costly on my friends in Karnataka and other states, where the tax slab shifts up to 18%, above 20 Lakh mark.

To me, as of right now the only variant that makes sense for any consumer to buy, like which has actual VFM is the AX7 L. Everything below it is just inflated in my humble opinion. AX7 price wise is good, but is very basic and I don't even know what to call AX5 and AX3 for the price band and the features they offer compared to the competition.

I'm not going to pick one up right now solely because I'm not able to justify a sticker price of 1.8 Lakh for 5 features, none of which are segment first except the motorized door handles. Also, the initial niggles and problems will sorted out by Mahindra's unofficial testing

Last edited by Moto_Bear : 30th September 2021 at 18:57. Reason: Added new information
Moto_Bear is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks