Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 19:39   #1261
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Curious about the automatic transmission used - is it Torque Convertor or Dual Clutch?

Any idea about the mileage for petrol and diesel engines?

Thanks.
IamThat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 19:45   #1262
Senior - BHPian

The Mahindra XUV700 is available in a 5-seat configuration, too. Here's how it is priced against its rivals - the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta, MG Hector and Tata Harrier.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20210930_194325.jpg

Here's how the 7-seat Mahindra XUV700 stacks up against its rivals on the price graph.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20210930_194331.jpg

Source : Autocar India
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 19:57   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APB98 View Post
I was almost sure that the Ax5 would be the best all-rounder across multiple segments, which needed least compromise on most things. Now it seems I have to compromise on more premium interiors and many basic features for the firecracker of an engine, superb performance, handling, ride comfort etc.
I am really disappointed with the spec on the AX5 variant as well, and seriously hope there is some glitch with the 360 view on the website. Specially because two features (1) Silver garnish grille and (2) rear center armrest (seriously?) can explicitly be seen on the AX3 video below which was posted last month, so how can they be removed from the AX5 now?

I think this is a deliberate effort by Mahindra to push everyone to buy the AX7 variant, especially considering the chip shortage issue, to maximize revenue from the initial lot, after which they will probably offer a more kitted out AX5 variant.

Since I do not want a 7 seater (or that off white upholstery) I'll probably need to wait some more. Also, the lack of features on the mid variant has made me reconsider the Hector more seriously, as it atleast has basic kit like ACC and a rear armrest
nasir88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 19:57   #1264
BHPian

My only "would like to have" requirement was AWD. If they had offered it in manual i would have picked it up without a blink.
But the AT+AWD is over budget for me. And i dont care and dont need the AT. I might settle for the AX7 Diesel MT.
So i now have to decide betweek AX7 Diesel MT or the Thar top end. Not a good comparison but the "want" feeling of a 4x4 is too strong
Old 30th September 2021, 20:04   #1265

The top AX7 petrol model with the Luxury pack is a touch too expensive. Would it be sensible to go for the Jeep Model S Petrol version? It has features like Cooled seats, Auto-dimming IRVM, and a powered tailgate that I am interested in. I am not so sure ADAS will work well in our city conditions.

I don't need a 7 seater for a family of 3. Plus it looks more proportionate and is a proven vehicle.

I am not so sure about booking the XUV700 considering Mahindra's reputation with new launches and they will probably jack up up the prices even more after a few months.
Old 30th September 2021, 20:10   #1266

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamThat View Post
Both petrol and diesel ATs are Torque converters. The mileage figures are not out yet but given the power figures, I am estimating Petrol AT to give 6-8 KMPL and Diesel around 8-10 KMPL.
TheProModder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 20:15   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
I am really disappointed with the spec on the AX5 variant as well, and seriously hope there is some glitch with the 360 view on the website. Specially because two features (1) Silver garnish grille and (2) rear center armrest (seriously?) can explicitly be seen on the AX3 video below which was posted last month, so how can they be removed from the AX5 now?

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=s-HX-Go_nKo

I think this is a deliberate effort by Mahindra to push everyone to buy the AX7 variant, especially considering the chip shortage issue, to maximize revenue from the initial lot, after which they will probably offer a more kitted out AX5 variant.

Since I do not want a 7 seater (or that off white upholstery) I'll probably need to wait some more. Also, the lack of features on the mid variant has made me reconsider the Hector more seriously, as it atleast has basic kit like ACC and a rear armrest
What? I'm really disappointed now. I thought that I would be able to compromise with
1. No rear camera
2. No auto dimming IRVM
3. No leather seats
4. No cruise control

But now after after spending 17 lakhs, I have to compromise with no rear armrest too? Xuv700 doesn't seem that VFM anymore
911CarerraS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 20:27   #1268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswapnilk View Post
I heard from Bangalore dealer that AWD and Luxury pack combination is intentionally not launched and reason being Luxury model has delicate sensors and considering terrain in which AWD is used, Mahindra does not recommend it.
I am not too sure if this makes sense. Any expert opinions regarding this?
This doesn’t make any sense. I don’t think the 360 camera, 3D sound system, wireless charging etc has anything to do with the sensors. I think Mahindra might launch an AWD luxury version sooner or later. Might have kept that version to manage the semi conductor shortage and sell more of other variants. And they know the people who are looking for AWD will wait as there are no other AWD in this segment.

I was very much interested in getting top spec in AWD version. Passive keyless entry, and Sony 3D music system is something which I want to have in AWD. 360 camera and wireless charger can be added aftermarket, blind view monitoring I am not bother about.

I need some expert advise here; If we manage to get these modules separately from Mahindra, can we built an AWD L version?
febin8055 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 21:06   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswapnilk View Post
I heard from Bangalore dealer that AWD and Luxury pack combination is intentionally not launched and reason being Luxury model has delicate sensors and considering terrain in which AWD is used, Mahindra does not recommend it.
I am not too sure if this makes sense. Any expert opinions regarding this?
In my opinion this train of thought makes no sense to me. It does not matter whether one has AWD or not, with the sheer number of potholes and speed bumps, all of us are pretty much off roading most of the time when we drive on our city roads. Jokes aside, its well known that most people who buy AWD do not necessarily buy it to go off-roading, but they just want that extra layer of stability and security. In my opinion the dealer is just blowing hot air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamThat View Post
Curious about the automatic transmission used - is it Torque Convertor or Dual Clutch?

Thanks.
Its a torque convertor. The gear box is a 6-speed Aisin (Japanese manufacturer)-derived torque-converter automatic gearbox

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th September 2021 at 21:24. Reason: merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the 1st post.
BharathXUV700 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 21:11   #1270
BHPian

Fun fact : MX and AX5 have the exact same interiors apart from the roof and the screen, according to the Xplore 360 in the official website !!

That is, if you are paying 4.6 lakhs more for petrol AT than MX MT, the only things you get extra is an AT (which costs 1.6L extra), sunroof, alloy wheels, 2 airbags, LED headlamps with cornering lights, sequential turn indicators (easily implementable after market), ESP, and the superb screen. If you take out the 1.6L for the AT, the 3L difference still gives you the same engine, same seats, same steering, same interior looks, same suspensions, same sized tyres (just the addition of alloys).

If you check the official accessories kit, we can fit LED headlamps into MX/AX3, Grey Sparkle/Piano Black Diamond cut Alloy Wheel - 43.18 cm into MX/AX3, Fog Lamps into MX, auto headlamps into MX/AX3, Reverse cam and wireless charging. In short, none of these accessories which can be done for AX5 but not for the lower variants. That is, the ONLY features extra in AX5 over AX3 (even AT is provided in AX3) which can't be fitted as accessories are the skyroof, cornering lamps, ESP and the curtain airbags ! By adding LED lamps and alloy wheels as accessories we can literally make an AX3 become an AX5 sans sequential turn indicators and ESP. Would these two cost 1L ? If not, why go for AX5 if sunroof and ESP isn't a must ? �� Essentially, the concrete reasons to pay more for AX5 over AX3 are only ESp and curtain airbags. Are those worth ? Time will only tell

Last edited by APB98 : 30th September 2021 at 21:14. Reason: Wanted to add an additional sentence
APB98 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 21:11   #1271
BHPian

Mahindra just spinned a googly here! All my excitement levels are somewhere diminishing. Having sold my vehicle few months back was eagerly waiting for the XUV 700 launch. My pick was top end Diesel AWD AT with all the bells and whistles. Let's see if I can make up my mind to book the AX7 AWD AT, with no sight of delivery timelines this also looks tricky. Also, can't believe AWD AT will not have EPB!

The other feature I was very interested in was the continuous recording mode, guess that will be available only with the 360 deg camera option, AX 7 AT L. While not a deal breaker as you can still have a dash cam, this feature is very convenient and nothing like having it inbuilt.

Looks like a deliberate attempt by Mahindra to superficially tick all the boxes while keeping the price lower than Safari. Really disappointed.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 21:23   #1272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
What? I'm really disappointed now. I thought that I would be able to compromise with
1. No rear camera
2. No auto dimming IRVM
3. No leather seats
4. No cruise control

But now after after spending 17 lakhs, I have to compromise with no rear armrest too? Xuv700 doesn't seem that VFM anymore
You can add one more to this list. No climate control either. An on-road 20 lacs, utterly modern and well engineered vehicle where you are expected to fidget continuously with the manual A/c knobs! Bizarre!!

Basic features for which buyers are expected to stretch till the top variant... Not cool, Mahindra!
RPM1706 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 21:31   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
No climate control either. An on-road 20 lacs, utterly modern and well engineered vehicle where you are expected to fidget continuously with the manual A/c knobs! Bizarre!!

Basic features for which buyers are expected to stretch till the top variant... Not cool, Mahindra!
I think that was the plan to start with...get everyone all jumping in excitement with ming boggling prices and then push everyone for the AX7 at launch Also note the deliberate 5 seat only AT on AX5

I think they would not have done this if they had production capacity to sell more cars and we're not plagued by the chip shortage. For guys considering lower non AX7 variants, I think it would make more sense to wait till next year for more kitted mid variants.
nasir88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 22:24   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APB98 View Post
If not, why go for AX5 if sunroof and ESP isn't a must ? �� Essentially, the concrete reasons to pay more for AX5 over AX3 are only ESp and curtain airbags. Are those worth ? Time will only tell
ESP is one of the most important safety features alongside seat belts, ABS and airbags. It can well be a life saviour. It should come as a standard equipment in all cars in my opinion. The extra money one shell out for ESP is worth every penny.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 30th September 2021 at 22:28.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 22:28   #1275
Distinguished - BHPian

So, basically, for the extra 1.8 lakhs for the Luxury Option pack over a normal AX7, one gets:-

1) Immersive 3D Sound Technology - 12 Speaker system by Sony,
2) 360° Surround View,
3) Blind-view Monitoring,
4) Passive Keyless Entry,
5) Electric Smart Door Handles,
6) Driver Knee protection Airbag (7th),
7) Telescopic steering adjustment,
8) Electronic Parking Brake,
9) Vanity Mirror Illumination,
10) Mobile adaptability charging provision with Wireless Charging.

Seems justified now, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek Menon View Post
It might be a silly question but what is the "Smart close" feature that Mahindra is mentioning that is available only in AX7 and AX7 L ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Smart close is I think walk away close feature i.e when you walk away from the car it will automatically lock all the doors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek Menon View Post
I am also thinking the same way for " Smart Close ".
As seen in one of the August reviews, you walk into the car, crank it up and start driving. The moment the wheels of the car start moving, the door handles close back into place automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
AX5 has R17 Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels which is missing in your informative previous post!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
looks like AX5 misses out on many features like Cruise control, push-button start, reverse camera, alloy wheels (what happened to R17 diamond cut alloys?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentric View Post
What is this blunder? Doesn't AX5 variants come with alloy wheels?
Now the website is updated and shows it. Ironically, the initial official update in the morning at 11 AM which declared that the bookings will open from 7th October (my first post of the morning) had the image of the 7OO AX5 in Blue, equipped with diamond-cut alloys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Can someone clarify if the lower variants at least get a normal cruise control? I can't find any information pertaining to that in the spec sheets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Looks like other variants do not have cruise control except AX5 which has the regular cruise control and AX7 which has adaptive cruise control.
Nope. No Cruise Control on offer in any lower variant, as per the feature list and the 360 view in the official website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
Second doubt is do all the AT variants gets hill hold +ESP?
ESP is there from AX5 onwards. The website shows "Latest Gen ESP Suite" for the AX7 variant, so not sure how different that is from the ESP offered in the AX5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Deliveries of petrol variants to precede diesel variants.
I had disclosed this a couple of days back. Petrol deliveries will commence by November and diesel deliveries by December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Looks like "Memory seat with welcome retract" feature is not included in any of the models.
Updated website shows it's available for AX7 & AX7L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post
Any idea if the white in the XUV 700 is metallic or non-metallic?
Non-metallic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Amidst all this pricing info, one critical info is still missing - kitna deti hai?
Expect figures close to/similar to the Thar inside the city.

Petrol MT = 9-11 kmpl
Petrol AT = 7-9 kmpl
Diesel MT = 11-12 kmpl
Diesel AT = 10-11 kmpl

Add 2-3 kmpl to the above for highway runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
In the lower variants which do not come with 'smart close', will the door handles stay in the 'popped out' position throughout the entirety of the drive or have they given any manual button on the inside for folding these door handles back to their flush position?
Excellent query. In the higher AX7L variant, it slides back into the locked position ("Smart Close"). What about those variants which are equipped with "manual smart door handles"? Haven't seen this yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharathXUV700 View Post
i guess i will take GTO's advice and wait till middle of next year to place my order.
That is actually the most sensible decision right now, if one doesn't actually need a car urgently or is not in a tearaway hurry to be a prime contender for "Neighbour's envy, owner's pride."

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Under the xplore 360deg in interior section, it says Luxury pack has telescopic steering. Does that mean normal AX7 and below variants do not have telescopic steering?
Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Hold on - Telescopic steering only in Luxury pack?
They don't.

Telescopic steering is limited to the AX7 L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
The comparison given on the site is confusing, e.g. AX5, AX7 and AX7L all will get alloy wheels but which one? 17 or 18 inch?
AX5 - R17 diamond cut different-pattern alloys
AX7 & AX7 L - R18 diamond cut alloys

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
1. Boot space
2. Fuel consumption
3. Weight
This was just a price reveal/gather unofficial booking numbers update.

There's still some updates pending for the official website including full technical specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911CarerraS View Post
But now after after spending 17 lakhs, I have to compromise with no rear armrest too?
Let's wait for the official brochure to be released in the days to come. Only then will we have full clarity on the variant-wise features.

This also brings me to the point which I had made earlier - comparing the 5OO variants to the 7OO and just forget the MX variants (which have been introduced purely for the initial sticker price shocker, like the 5OO's W3, IMO).

Think in this way - 5OO's W5 to 7OO's AX3, 5OO's W7 to 7OO's AX5, 5OO's W9 to 7OO's AX7.

I still believe a fully loaded variant is yet to come (AX9? Maybe AX11 too!), as are more options in the lineup. Mahindra has taken the restrictions it has on current production into account and has produced enough AX7Ls, AX7s & AX3s to satiate the initial demand. I am sure AX5 & MX adapters will be made to wait.

By Jan 2022, they will hike prices, introduce a few new variants and take it from there - Apr 2022, July/Aug 2022, and so on will see similar strategy from them. This will entirely depend on how their current production restraints ease out over the next 6-8 months.

Hence, it's best to wait till FY2022 comes into effect. Yes, there might be 1-2 price hikes in the offing till then, but a much clearer picture of the 7OO's range will be seen. Not to mention, most of the niggles in the initial batches which are a given for every new Mahindra launch would have been sorted by then (hopefully).

Last edited by RavenAvi : 30th September 2021 at 22:52. Reason: minor edit.
RavenAvi is offline   (24) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks