Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2021, 15:05   #91
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:

We drove hard on the track & the slalom section. Suffice to say, we are happy. Will add that the road manners are better than the Tata Harrier / Safari.
And that is the final nail in the Tata's coffin. Yes, some might like their design more, but that does not warrant paying 3-4l extra! Not with the rest of the Xuv's package for sure.
fakenews is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 15:16   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thank you for the feedback! Earlier, our reviews used to be out 2 - 3 months after the drive. For the last 12 months however, we have met every embargo and our reviews have been released on time with everyone else.
I must state here that I deeply appreciate team-bhp's reviews and the hard work put by our reviewers. Given the constraints of the media drive, it is still one of the best reviews out there. However, "one of the best" seems like a step down after getting used to "the best". This is not to discount the immense importance of the team-bhp's quick report from members' point of view. May I suggest that we have a drive report section (or we can even put it in test-drive/initial ownership section), where we put all the media drive reports such as these? As and when we get access to the car and if the car is considered important, we can upgrade the media drive report to the full official review section.

Last edited by ashlil : 18th August 2021 at 15:18.
ashlil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 15:20   #93
BHPian

Great crisp review as always.

Mahindra has come a long way with XUV700 but seems like they don't want to get rid of some quirks that they have in their cars, especially with the design. It could be just me but I really didn't like the front door pad design that's above the window line and appears quite weird. Are there examples of other cars that have similar design arrangement? Mahindra probably should have designed the front window line in matching the doorpad height. Could have looked equally quirky for some but would have been more uniform and a standard design language. Right now looks like an extra appendage. Also, why was it such a difficult thing to provide sliding middle row in the current day and age? This could have added so much flexibility to the offering

For the models with pricing announced, they are really good but I'm still skeptical about what the top-end could come for. If you add 7-seating + Automatic + AWD to the mix, I believe the on-road might be around 24L-27L (in Hyderabad) for Diesel AT? This might still be competitive but not radical pricing. But for people who don't need all these, the current pricing is bang on!
saleem_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 15:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

Any idea if it gets any mood lights or ambient lighting? Similarly puddle lamps under the ORVM?
Old 18th August 2021, 15:25   #95
BHPian

I got a call from Mahindra again (second time) asking for my preferences.
Petrol or Diesel, 5 or 7 seater, AT or MT.
Apparently there is no 5 seater offered in AX7 trim, but there is a choice of MT or AT.
Looks like they are polling data to judge the market requirements and response.
Old 18th August 2021, 15:31   #96
BHPian

Not sure if this is shared earlier.

XUV700 is whopping 165 kgs lighter than XUV500. That's almost 10% (9.2% to be precise) lighter.
Petrol's fuel economy may not be too bad.

Here's a screen grab from Zigwheels.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700-kerb-weight.jpg  

S.MJet is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 15:33   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
For the models with pricing announced, they are really good but I'm still skeptical about what the top-end could come for. If you add 7-seating + Automatic + AWD to the mix, I believe the on-road might be around 24L-27L (in Hyderabad) for Diesel AT? This might still be competitive but not radical pricing. But for people who don't need all these, the current pricing is bang on!
I think there were some rough estimates in the previous thread which can give us a fair idea about the top end pricing.

The AX5 5 seater Petrol is priced at Rs 14.99L. If we add 2L for the step up to the AX7 and 1L for the diesel, it comes to 17.99L, now we can roughly add 1L each for 7 seat option and AWD option. So, the top end AWD Diesel Auto without any feature optional packs should come in the 20L ball park (ex-showroom Delhi).

With optional packs, it may cross 25L on road. Still more VFM than the Safari, considering the presence of AWD, a more powerful engine and more goodies but not segment busting like the lower variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Similarly puddle lamps under the ORVM?
As per evo India, puddle lamps are not present on this car.

Last edited by Marauder : 18th August 2021 at 15:36.
Marauder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 15:38   #98
BHPian

Most detailed video on ADAS and adaptive cruise control, it is Hindi though.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 15:38   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Not sure if this is shared earlier.

XUV700 is whopping 165 kgs lighter than XUV500. That's almost 10% (9.2% to be precise) lighter.
Petrol's fuel economy may not be too bad.

Here's a screen grab from Zigwheels.
This weight reduction could be due to the introduction of lighter weighing all aluminum petrol engine.

An all aluminum petrol engine could be a whopping 100Kgs lighter than an equal capacity Cast Iron Diesel Engine.
abhishek46 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 15:39   #100
BHPian

The petrol motor might be thirsty, but it sure looks like it packs enough of a punch for the enthusiast in you. I've seen various members in the forum drool over the availability of V6s and V8s in the US and complain the lack of reasonable options here. This is a win for petrolheads

The issue is fuel price. Nobody will complain so much if petrol was still in the 70s mark, but I digress.

The EPS lacking feedback is a bummer. Maybe Ford can launch a product in this space? It could be their last resort.
SoupRaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 15:41   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
The new format may have been done with the feedback from many members who wanted crisper reviews. When you look at the reviews, actually it is pretty detailed and comprehensive. Just that little something that I can't put my finger to.

1. The earlier reviews made it felt like we were doing a walk around of the vehicles ourselves. Add to that the little attention to details and observations that we will never notice in a short TD.
2. Maybe the arrangement of the pictures?
3. Some reviews like of the Civic, Innova Crysta and the Harrier were the best. Especially since those had the short-lived 'Review Index'.
4. Kinda feels clinical? Reviews of the JTP twins, D-MAX (not V-cross) had that secret ingredient that made us smile and feel excited. 'Cos they are niche models? Nah, I was similarly excited for the reviews of the Innova Crysta, Kodiaq and S-presso.

We are a whiny lot, aren't we? Earlier when the reviews took time, we would be impatient. When they arrive on time, we complain of them not being as exhaustive as before.
+1

This review is a great effort. But earlier I used to watch YouTube videos but wait for the Team-bhp review as the definitive and last word. This time, I felt underwhelmed after reading the review, and had to go to YouTube for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
No offence but this "honest" reviewer of yours is the same guy who used to do 260 km/h on public roads and put others lives in danger along with his.
Oops, no idea about that! How has his license not been suspended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Are his reviews informative? Maybe, are they pleasant to watch? Hell no. I don't want someone shouting like a child when reviewing a car, that is downright irritating and immature.
Even I found his delivery style quite irritating!

But I find most videos from mainstream outlets very PRish, most only harp on the positives, and negatives are shown (if at all) in neutral, non-committal manner. It's like they don't want to offend the carmaker, buyer be damned.

Last edited by naru80 : 18th August 2021 at 16:09.
naru80 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 16:08   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Any idea if it gets any mood lights or ambient lighting? Similarly puddle lamps under the ORVM?
Both the features are skipped, according to Gagan Choudhary's video review.
romil.shroff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 16:30   #103
BHPian

Hello All,

This is Achint and it's my first ever post on Team-BHP. Thanks to the team behind for this opportunity to connect with all of you wonderful souls. M&M has done a commendable job with XUV700 just as the team behind Team-Bhp has done with this Forum. Looking at the success of M&M products since the launch of their SUVs years ago, this one is going to be a huge hit as well.

I have also been looking for a 6/7 seater for my family now since it has grown as we have welcomed a baby boy last year (The Lockdown baby as he is called ). I also have a daughter who is 8 years old and she is very Happy that she can now sit in the front seat with me :-) (Based on the 8 years rule that I follow).

My criteria (along with the most important features) for a family (Mumma/Papa/Kid/Baby/Dadu/Dadi) car is very straight forward:
  1. It needs to be a mechanically beautiful product with proven performance e.g. Gearbox-Engine sync. So AUTOMATIC. [I drive automatics ONLY]
  2. It needs to seat the above mentioned family members comfortably even for longer drives (300-400 km) in a day. So, SEATS (ISOFIX for the car seat).
  3. It needs to be safe as much as possible. So AIR BAGS etc.
  4. It needs to have a confidence inspiring driving dynamics and straight line stability. SO Suspension Setup, Body roll control, ESP etc.
  5. It needs to provide a cosy environment inside the cabin. SO Cabin Insulation and the required Air Conditioning.

The other things whether sunroof or ambient lightning or ventilated seats or heated mirrors or touchscreen music system etc. do not matter much to me as they are choices based on CORE versus FURORE (No offence to anyone) and some of them can be always addressed through accessories.

Moreover, I do not intend to do anything more than 120 km/hr and go to insane offroads when I am driving with my family so AWDs and 4*4 and related things in the 6/7 family car I am looking does not matter to me.
The only exception I see is ISUZU MUX (Dream Car) but it is out of my budget and I am the person who would rely more on the proven product/company for obvious reasons.

I drive enthusiastically (but carefully) only when I am alone but when with my family, I drive very carefully.

I have been watching the XUV700 space since the first buzz came in through the media and I was anticipating certain changes in XUV700 as compared to XUV500 (Didn't go for it 'coz of the cramped 3rd row sitting and non sliding middle row, something that could have solved the 3rd row problem).

I am disappointed in the XUV700 due to the following reasons:
  • Middle row still seems to be fixed
  • Only Left side middle row folds and not the right one (We keep the car seat for our baby on the left side so that he can be fed properly) however not possible to keep the car seat left side since that is the only option to fold and enter the third row.
  • Not ALL the windows are one touch up-down, a security lapse when u have kids in the car

I now strongly feel that as per the current market, Innova Crysta makes more sense for me as compared to XUV700 or even Hyundai Alcazar. Safari is not in my list due to lot of niggles the forum and others have been reporting and MG is still not a proven product/company in India.

It would be great my dear friends to help me choose my family car I am looking for. I currently drive Dzire ZDI AMT (Automatic wasn't available in Petrol when I bought it) and chose the same against others due to it's stability and engine performance.

Dear MOD, This is my first post so please pardon any mistakes.

Again, Keep Rocking Guys :-)
achintatri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 16:31   #104
BHPian

Great write-up, Mahindra has indeed created great hype for the car and i am sure they will sell loads of them.

I have one doubt, in the review MX diesel price mentioned is 12.99L but Mahindra mentioned 12.49L during release. Have they revised the price or is it a typo?
Old 18th August 2021, 16:31   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
I got a call from Mahindra again (second time) asking for my preferences.
Petrol or Diesel, 5 or 7 seater, AT or MT.
Apparently there is no 5 seater offered in AX7 trim, but there is a choice of MT or AT.
Looks like they are polling data to judge the market requirements and response.
Not offering AX7 on the 5 seater version is a bummer tbh, i was looking forward to buy the petrol 5 seater AX7 auto + optional. I just don't see myself buying a 7 seater option.

Last edited by Kelvinator : 18th August 2021 at 16:38.
Kelvinator is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks