Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2021, 16:34   #106
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

According to one of the sources, got to know that the Ventilated Seats and Puddle Lamps would be introduced at a later stage as an option accessory. Am not sure if it's 100% gonna be introduced or not but from the previous information that the source provided me (like the confirmation of 360 Degree Cameras, 3D Surround Sound System, Alexa Support), this report can be considered pretty reliable considering the fact that M&M has provided empty slots for these features. The source was not able to predict a time-line as for when these features would be introduced but told that it would arrive in form of accessories after the prices for all the variants are informed.

As soon as I heard this, a question arised in mind that how can M&M introduce Ventilated Seats as an accessory..?? I think M&M might include it in it's Luxury Option Pack for an additional cost.
Pedalmasher_20 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 16:47   #107
BHPian

I believe, if XUV proves itself as a 5 star crash tested car, adding these would make it almost perfect sub 25L car. They could charge me more for this, call it optional common sense pack, that comes on top of luxury pack /s

1. Auto Dimming IRVM

2. Cooled Seats

3. Full Sized Spare

4. Ambient lighting

5. 3 Point seat belts.
autohead115 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 16:50   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvinator View Post
Not offering AX7 on the 5 seater version is a bummer tbh, i was looking forward to buy the petrol 5 seater AX7 auto + optional. I just don't see myself buying a 7 seater option.
I hope this isn't the case. A lot of buyers will want the 5 seaters and the difference between the AX5 and AX7 is big (features wise).
Old 18th August 2021, 16:53   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thread moved out from the Assembly Line. Thanks for sharing!
The Diesel driving impressions are missing, and some posts have been repeated. Please check, thanks!
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 16:59   #110
BHPian

What these reviews, and common sense, tell me is that I need to wait for 2-2.5 years.

Let Mahindra iron out all the initial issues, let the chip shortage be sorted out, let Pratap Bose work on those door inserts and the interiors, let Mahindra maybe launch a couple of more versions, and then buy this car.

Pratap Bose specifically because (to me) interiors have never been Mahindra's strength. As an outsider, and head of MADE, I'm hoping he will bring in some (again, personal opinion) taste.
Coyote is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 17:02   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvinator View Post
Not offering AX7 on the 5 seater version is a bummer tbh, i was looking forward to buy the petrol 5 seater AX7 auto + optional. I just don't see myself buying a 7 seater option.
Someone who needs a 7 seater can not go with a 5 seater but it is not the other way round, because
1) the 5 seater measures the same in length as the 7 seater
2) third row seats can be permanently kept folded down or even removed
3) I would have personally loved a 5 seat version with shorter length. 4700 mm for a 5 seater is a over kill

Or am I missing something?

Last edited by Geta : 18th August 2021 at 17:16.
Geta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 17:04   #112
Senior - BHPian

I agree here. As per one review Mr Anand Mahindra himself asked for these pop-out handles at preview stage. Regular butch SUV handles would look swell on this car. Those handles are for svelte sports cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevGin View Post
Pop out door handles are a large pain to maintain, have complex mechanisms and are still not niggle free with even established manufacturers. The overall exterior design & side profile is not to my personal tastes
Attached Images

Old 18th August 2021, 17:06   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead115 View Post

1. Auto Dimming IRVM

2. Cooled Seats

3. Full Sized Spare

4. Ambient lighting

5. 3 Point seat belts.
I'd like to add a couple of basic yet vital features to your list.

6. Adjustable headrest for the rear-middle passenger

7. Front parking sensors

Interestingly, Mahindra used to offer the rear-middle adjustable headrest, ambient lighting and hydraulic struts (for the bonnet) but these have been removed now. Even the front parking sensors (black colored) were offered as optional accessories in the XUV 5oo. Let's hope, they provide most of these features in some or the other way.
romil.shroff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 17:10   #114
BHPian

Great review. Many thanks for taking the effort in putting this together.

I had some questions for the team who were covering this:
1. Did Mahindra show the 5 seater edition? How was the Boot space etc.
2. AWD - Was there any AWD version available for review or walk around?
Old 18th August 2021, 17:24   #115
Team-BHP Support

Great review as usual!

The Mercedes influence is so evident but that’s not a bad thing at all. I like what I see from the pictures - looks classy, functional, and not over-done; the last point I feel is a big step forward for the brand. The face is not exactly to my liking but again, not offensive at all. From the first look, I feel this is a notable effort from Mahindra!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 17:29   #116
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 bookings official date will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-20210818_172806.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-smartselect_20210818172835_twitter.jpg

Link
Old 18th August 2021, 17:35   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post

Niggles & Problems

Another media's test car suffered power loss while driving. Restarting it got the power back, but also a 'check engine' light
I am bit concerned reading this. Can you please add some details on what does a power loss means here ? Is it just some performance loss i.e. sluggish or less acceleration or the car just suddenly died while running which could have been catastrophic in real life ? Thanks to the whole TBHP team for a wonderful review and appreciate the effort given the covid situation and other constraints.
Old 18th August 2021, 17:50   #118
BHPian

One question about the pop-out handles, what happens if the mechanism fails and they don't pop out? Is there a workaround?

Just thinking if someone is in a remote area and one of the handles gets stuck and doesn't come out. Would mean people would have to use another door and climb in to the seat they need to access

Don't see why they couldn't stick with normal handles.
Goldenboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 18:03   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
Most detailed video on ADAS and adaptive cruise control, it is Hindi though.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Jr3W...l=PowerOnWheel
I have my apprehensions about ADAS.
4 of us were travelling in a friend's VW Golf once in London.
The car did a sudden sharp breaking, as if someone kicked hard the break pedal for a fraction of a second, and then it regained speed\momentum instantaneously as if nothing happened.
We were shocked and asked what happened, and owner of the car who was driving explained ADAS kicked in, and said the car must have detected a cat or dog trying to cross the road (which he or any of us did not see or spot at all)
MaanSingh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 18:05   #120
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead115 View Post
I believe, if XUV proves itself as a 5 star crash tested car, adding these would make it almost perfect sub 25L car. They could charge me more for this, call it optional common sense pack, that comes on top of luxury pack /s

1. Auto Dimming IRVM

2. Cooled Seats

3. Full Sized Spare

4. Ambient lighting

5. 3 Point seat belts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by romil.shroff View Post
Both the features are skipped, according to Gagan Choudhary's video review.
It gets the Ambient lighting, but of a different kind. The sunroof console border is illuminated in a light bluish color (kind of like the XUV500) and there are two light outputs that throw out light on the centre console. I don't think there are any ambient light outputs anywhere else.

Can someone confirm if the automated door handles have proximity sensors? Overdrive review states the proximity sensors are not present. Please confirm.

Last edited by 07CR : 18th August 2021 at 18:14.
07CR is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed