Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2021, 11:38   #196
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I am just curious why they missed out on simple request sensor for the door handles? It adds to a whole new level of convenience, locking and unlocking everytime using my keyfob is not my cup of tea anymore. Anyone graduating from a sedan/(top of the line)CSUV will immediately notice this.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 11:41   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagwal View Post
I fully agree with turbowhistle. I used to think that lane assist is of no use in India. Lane Assist makes highway rides very comfortable. It guides on a turn when the steering is held lightly and this helps a lot during night driving...
Any first hand experiences on how well lane assist works with faded or missing lane markings? Same for ADAS, will it work in traffic chaos situation we have in Indian cities or is it more suitable for higway drives only?

I have experienced both the features in Europe on a rental car and feel they are absolutely worth it, Indian context, someone can shed light on.
Old 19th August 2021, 11:43   #198
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranaynewton View Post

I estimate that the on-road pricing of the 2WD petrol AT AX7 should be around 19.99L ex-showroom as it might be the preferred powertrain of choice for most.
19.99L On-road or Ex-showroom?

Another point is why Petrol variants don't have drive modes, AWD? If mileage was the concern, why give Petrol engines at all?
Old 19th August 2021, 11:49   #199
BHPian

Fantastic car and an equally fantastic crisp review. Thank you Omkar and Aditya.
Mahindra should be applauded for bringing such a great product. Another great addition to consider for the ever increasing SUV consumers especially in the less than 25 lac on road bracket. For the nifty features and power packed beast, it could have well be named as XUV double-oh-seven
It looks like a good upgrade for my Duster. I will wait for more reviews on real world usage to firm up my buying decision.
Old 19th August 2021, 11:56   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranaynewton View Post

I estimate that the on-road pricing of the 2WD petrol AT AX7 should be around 19.99L ex-showroom as it might be the preferred powertrain of choice for most. This would allow lower taxation in some states like Karnataka. The 4WD AX7 might end up at around 25L ex-showroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
19.99L On-road or Ex-showroom?

Another point is why Petrol variants don't have drive modes, AWD? If mileage was the concern, why give Petrol engines at all?
AX7 AT could very well be lower than 19.99L Ex-showroom. The AX5 MT is available at 14.99L, considering 1L for AT, and 1.5-2L for additional equipment of the AX7. I believe 16.5-16.99L could be the price range for the petrol AX7 AT.

Last edited by 07CR : 19th August 2021 at 11:57.
07CR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 12:00   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I am just curious why they missed out on simple request sensor for the door handles? It adds to a whole new level of convenience, locking and unlocking everytime using my keyfob is not my cup of tea anymore. Anyone graduating from a sedan/(top of the line)CSUV will immediately notice this.
Many reviews have shown that the top variants door handles automatically pop out when you approach the car with the key in your pocket. Which means the vehicle detects your presence and automatically unlocks. In this case, you do not need to unlock the car using the key, which essentially makes it keyless entry and the need for a request sensor is obsolete.

In the lower variants, you need to manually push the door handles so that it pops out. In this case, it is not clear how it operates. Do we need to unlock the car first using remote and then try to push the door handles? I feel the door handles will pop out only if vehicle detects the key. If the key is not detected, it will not pop out even if you push it. That is the only sensible approach and then we can safely assume that, even in the lower variants, it gets keyless entry.

More importantly, the XUV5OO used to get request sensors and thus keyless entry. So I am fairly confident that the XUV7OO will get it too, at least in the top variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgritesh View Post
Any first hand experiences on how well lane assist works with faded or missing lane markings? Same for ADAS, will it work in traffic chaos situation we have in Indian cities or is it more suitable for higway drives only?

I have experienced both the features in Europe on a rental car and feel they are absolutely worth it, Indian context, someone can shed light on.
My car has ADAS and the lane assist works even if the lane markings are faded or temporarily missing. But in Indian context, I feel it will work only on the good interstate highways as most of the other roads have random lanes and markings.

Automatic emergency braking though is not great in my car and sometimes it will panic brake (when a vehicle changes lane or cuts across) even if there is no need. So I have kept that system on warning mode only, which means it will beep but it will not brake automatically. Even the XUV7OO has this function.

As far as Adaptive cruise control is concerned, my biggest gripe is that it tends to keep a big gap with the vehicle in front, especially at speeds of 140 kmph. Using it within city is out of question and it is not designed for that. In one review of the XUV7OO, the reviewer mentioned that it has been adapted for Indian conditions to keep less gap, but again I feel it can be seldom used only on highway drives.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 19th August 2021 at 12:08.
raj_5004 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 12:04   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Many reviews have shown that the top variants door handles automatically pop out when you approach the car with the key in your pocket. Which means the vehicle detects your presence and automatically unlocks. In this case, you do not need to unlock the car using the key, which essentially makes it keyless entry and the need for a request sensor is obsolete.

In the lower variants, you need to manually push the door handles so that it pops out. In this case, it is not clear how it operates. Do we need to unlock the car first using remote and then try to push the door handles? I feel the door handles will pop out only if vehicle detects the key. If the key is not detected, it will not pop out even if you push it. That is the only sensible approach and then we can safely assume that, even in the lower variants, it gets keyless entry.

More importantly, the XUV5OO used to get request sensors and thus keyless entry. So I am fairly confident that the XUV7OO will get it too, at least in the top variants.
Ok thanks for clarifying. I had missed this. But what about keyless exit? For lower models, does it lock itself once you press the handle inside? And what about the higher models, does it retract inside automatically once the doors are closed?

One more query. Does the car get separate cornering lamps like the XUV500 or are they cornering fog lamps?

Last edited by 07CR : 19th August 2021 at 12:18.
Old 19th August 2021, 12:14   #203
BHPian

Finally we have some numbers to put behind the mystery. (Source: Sirish Chandran's Insta)

Does this make XUV700 a 5-seater with biggest boot?

Mahindra XUV700 Review-boot.png

Although the acceleration numbers have been mentioned before. Attaching the pic below for a quick side by side comparison between Petrol and Diesel A/T

Name:  acc.png
Views: 1916
Size:  314.1 KB
UltraViolence is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 12:15   #204
BHPian

Thread is so fast that it takes time to catch up. I will book it and will check in person before I make my final decision. Few questions in my mind:

1. While test drive of safari I have observed that XUV500 3rd row seats were more spacious than Safari 3rd row. So for Xuv700 now, 3rd row is better than XUV500 or has better cushioning but congested?

2. How is the build quality when compared to Safari and also the XUV500. I am aiming here for the long-term reliability of cars and parts. Example: Door handles, Window glass up/down buttons.

3.As seen in many reviews, a lot of things are axed to check the prices. Example: No vanity mirror for the driver, vanity mirror for passenger without lamp, ambient light is missing, One-touch Up/down absent for all doors except Driver, etc. When you lock the car It will only roll up the driver window. Can this be modified aftermarket? Can we fit the one-touch button in all other slots as well? Will XUV700 automatically lock all the doors like xuv500 once it starts rolling?

4. Ground clearance and approach angles as many of us have already pointed out above, GC of safari is 205mm, any thoughts on GC of XUV700? Someone mentioned 200mm but it doesn't look like 200mm. There was only one person who was driving and it already seems kissing the ground.

5. Will they provide additional/optional features individually or in a combination. Like I don't want a sony system. I want ESP, Electronic parking brake, wireless charging, Ventilated seats. If it's in combination as stated above L and T packs. Then it's very difficult as you need only ventilated seats from the Luxury pack.

Lot of things we can get aftermarket, for example, wireless charging but the ventilated seats, ESP, other stuff we cannot.

6. The Tailgate without a camera looks classy. Rear Camera placement isn't very impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
This looks nice and works same as the request sensor. Hope this is the case and we get it in one way or another.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 19th August 2021 at 12:23. Reason: added few more lines
rpmmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 12:25   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
If all goes well, there will be a 7OO standing in our garage in a year's time, possibly by Q3-2022.
Wow! That is some news sir. That means even the 2nd gen Creta will depart in under 2 years? I hope this one is serving you well, as I didn’t see much happening on your Creta thread off-late.

Also, those are some good insights about the vehicle. Let’s see how well Mahindra prices the higher variants; or is it just like the way Koreans do. Sticker price @ 9.99 L and top variants brush the 18 L mark.
ashvek3141 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 12:27   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
3.As seen in many reviews, a lot of things are axed to check the prices. Example: No vanity mirror for the driver, vanity mirror for passenger without lamp, ambient light is missing, One-touch Up/down absent for all doors except Driver, etc. When you lock the car It will only roll up the driver window. Can this be modified aftermarket? Can we fit the one-touch button in all other slots as well? Will the car automatically lock all the doors like xuv500 once it starts rolling?
Gagan mentions in his video that the A/T models have a vanity mirror with lamp on the passenger side but driver side doesn't get anything.

It doesn't make any sense why just A/T models get that. Might be possible that this also is a part of some optional pack.
UltraViolence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 12:36   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Ok thanks for clarifying. I had missed this. But what about keyless exit? For lower models, does it lock itself once you press the handle inside? And what about the higher models, does it retract inside automatically once the doors are closed?
Valid point.

For top variants, I assume the vehicle will automatically lock itself and the door handles will slide in as soon as you leave the car. But if you want to manually lock it, there maybe two options, tap the door handle itself or take out the key and lock the car.

For lower variants without the motorized door handles, I am not sure how you can lock the car.

Guess, we have to wait and watch.

Quote:
One more query. Does the car get separate cornering lamps like the XUV500 or are they cornering fog lamps?
If you look closely at the fog lights, it seems to have two set of bulbs. One maybe angled to the side to act as cornering lights.
Old 19th August 2021, 12:43   #208
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra XUV700 unofficial bookings open

There was huge excitement about the Mahindra XUV700 even before it was unveiled. While Mahindra has announced the prices for select variants, it is yet to formally open bookings. However, some dealerships have already started taking orders for a token amount of Rs. 25,000.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-mahindraxuv700booking2768x464.jpg

The XUV700 is available in two trims - MX and AdrenoX in 5 and 7-seat configurations. The entry-level MX variant comes with an 8-inch infotainment system with Android Auto connectivity. It gets a 7-inch instrument cluster, Smart Door Handles, electric ORVMs and 17-inch steel wheels.

The AX5 is a mid-range variant of the AdrenoX series. It gets a panoramic sunroof, 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, curtain airbags, LED headlamps with cornering lamps and sequential turn indicators. There will also be a top-spec AX7 variant with additional features such as Immersive 3D Sound by Sony, electrically-deployed Smart Door Handles, 360 Surround View, Blind View Monitoring, Electronic Park Brake and Wireless Charging; will be offered as part of an optional pack.

The XUV700 comes with two engine options - 2.0-litre mStallion turbo-petrol producing 197 BHP and 380 Nm and a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine that makes 182 BHP and 420 Nm (MT) / 450 Nm (AT). Both engines come with a choice of a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmission. All-wheel drive will also be available as an option.

Source: Rushlane
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 12:45   #209
BHPian

Really excited by the XUV 700 and as an existing XUV 500 owner, I am very keen on booking 700. Hoping the AX5 Petrol AT (O) to be in my car parking by Diwali (2022 as I expect almost 10-12 months waiting period). I have been in touch with one of my relative who works in a Senior role in M&M. He was able to answer a few queries (but only after the car was officially released he started talking about the car even and he was even honestly surprised with the pricing). My queries were more related to the AX5 and AX7 variant, as I was interested in only one of these 2.

1. AX5 will get the same fabric upholstery as the one that we had seen in AX3. During the media drive, there were only AX7 Petrol/Diesel Manual/AT and few AX3 Petrol/Diesel Manual available for testing.
2. AX5 will get the Skyroof as standard and the Optional pack will start from AX5 series only. AX3 will not have Optional pack to be added.
3. AT for Petrol/Diesel will be available from AX3 series onwards.
4. AX3 will have no reverse camera and AX5 will have reverse camera as default and 360 camera will be part of the Optional pack.
5. AX5 will have 4 airbags, 2 in front and 2 curtain airbags extending till 3rd row window (regardless of 5 or 7 seater). AX3 will get 2 front airbags only and AX7 will have 7 airbags - 4 as mentioned in AX5, plus 2 side airbags and an additional driver side knee airbag.
6. 5 seater option is only till AX5 series and AX7 will not have 5 seater option and will come only with 7 seater option as default.
7. AX7 will only come with the dirt attracting white seats and there is no all black or dark edition planned as of now (this is one major reason for me to not like AX7 much).
8. AWD will be available only in Diesel variant and is expected to be in top variant AX7 AT only (not in Manual also). So AWD could only be available in AX7 Diesel AT (O).
9. Ventilated seats are expected to be missed in the first iteration of cars, however there is provision provided for a future addition. Dummy switches are provided near the headlamp adjust area and also there is a dummy option provided in the infotainment screen. Current white leather seats in AX7 model have perforation, but they are not for ventilation option. So I don't think after market is an option here. We can expect a AX9 model at a later stage with dark leather seats and ventilation seat along with few other things like Auto dim IVRM, mood lighting etc...

I have shared the details that I had received and most of these were based on the queries that I had. Few of the things mentioned here could have already been covered in the extensive and as always unbiased review by TBHP or posted by other members in the forum.

If you have any other queries, I can compile and take it up with my source. He has no idea yet on the booking start date as still M&M itself haven't finalized that. But definitely they are looking at Oct 2 as a tentative booking start date, with deliveries starting soon after Diwali. Pricing is something that he doesn't have view into and he had zero comments on the same. But he said we can expect 1L additional for Diesel, 50-75K additional for 7 seater variant, 1.5L additional for AT gearbox, 2 - 2.5L for AX7 features and around 1-1.5L for the Optional pack. So we have to do the math and based on that my choice would be AX5 Petrol AT (0) 7 seater variant which I am expecting to be around 18.25 - 18.75 L ex showroom, which I would call it a great aggressive pricing!!!

Kudos to M&M for bringing an allrounder SUV at such aggressive pricing. Wonder must be cooking in their competitors kitchen now!!!
MukundanMK is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 13:02   #210
BHPian

Loved the review! ADAS coming down and available to masses is something truly applause worthy. Mahindra can take a BOW!

I found this video of where ADAS features is comprehensively explained along with an official from Mahindra.

Link :
5252rpm is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed