Old 2nd September 2021, 16:13   #572
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Latest info on the XUV700.
Keep watching this space for more info.
Great insider news! Any spills on its safety rating, are they expecting it to be 4* or more? Way to go Mahindra!
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 17:33   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Hello bhpians.

Latest info on the XUV700.

8. Mahindra has recently built a fully electric prototype of the XUV700 and its powered by a 54 KWh battery pack. But it's just a prototype and not a roadworthy one. A fully electric XUV700 will only be available with the next generation's arrival which is slated for around 2029/30.
Seems like just a POC for a hybrid or just a fun project for the engineering team to check feasibility.

A 54 kWh on this similar specced vehicle will max at around 250 to 300 km range which none will buy considering this will not stay as a city car.

10 years into the future, we would see electrified vehicles without battery tech for sure.
Old 2nd September 2021, 19:22   #574
BHPian

Quote:

8. Mahindra has recently built a fully electric prototype of the XUV700 and its powered by a 54 KWh battery pack. But it's just a prototype and not a roadworthy one. A fully electric XUV700 will only be available with the next generation's arrival which is slated for around 2029/30.

Keep watching this space for more info.
Great news. Should be usable by 2050.
kpkeerthi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:06   #575
BHPian

Mahindra should focus on going Hybrid for their bigger SUVs at least in the short term instead of fully electric, until people are ready to shell out the big bucks or the cost of batteries becomes more palatable. Imagine an XUV with 25kmpl range!

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd September 2021 at 05:19. Reason: Typo
ZenMaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 22:12   #576
BHPian

So much electrical stuff in this car. So many things that can go wrong. I hope Mahindra has done hawk like approach to quality. However we all know better.

What does everyone else think? Can one trust any car with so many electrical things, especially Mahindra?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 2nd September 2021 at 22:36. Reason: Typos. Thanks.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 2nd September 2021, 22:57   #577
BHPian

In wildest dreams I never imagined that an Indian manufacturer will lead the horsepower game. I am really happy as an enthusiast. Moreover they worked on handling too. Let's hope other companies try to triumph Mahindra on horsepower and not just in this segment. It will be interesting to see 130 HP Baleno or 150 HP Honda City both with better handling of course.
Learner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:04   #578

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRJ View Post
Such a pleasant and an informative interview of Mr. Velusamy Sir by SVP. SVP does a good job with the interview and is very professional. Goes in to detail regarding the structure of the car, the safety aspect, the suspension and the dual multimedia screen. This is like an English version of the Tamil videos that were shared couple of pages ago. M&M have truly put in serious effort to redefine the industry benchmarks.

https://Youtu.be/Qw0vkt7AxHs

Cheers!
A little off topic, but the video made me realize the kind of thought and effort manufacturers have to put in while developing a product and how sometimes we can be so dismissive of some product by just looking at some spy shots and leaks. Such efforts should be appreciated and judgements on products should only be made when we check it out personally.

Also kudos to Mahindra for coming up with products with high priority on safety. I just hope the electronics on board work as desired and certainly this would set high standards in the segment.
#drivingFreak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 23:17   #579
BHPian

Saw the XUV 700 coming out from a government building today.

Car doesn't look much different from the current XUV 500. Look already dated and is going to age badly. If next gen is only at around 2030, I could already see the sales drop in just couple of years after the initial euphoria caused by low pricing.

The butterfly logo looks silly, cartoonish and plain ugly. Don't know what the guys were smoking or drinking when they designed it, going to look even more awful on the new Thar. I'm pretty sure Mahindra is going to replace it at the earliest, the logo just doesn't befit a SUV brand.

Despite the lusty engine and neat interior appointment, I don't expect this car to do well. Design is too pitiful.
CliffHanger is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 01:06   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
So much electrical stuff in this car. So many things that can go wrong. I hope Mahindra has done hawk like approach to quality. However we all know better.

What does everyone else think? Can one trust any car with so many electrical things, especially Mahindra?
A few other members have also shared this skepticism. And frankly, I am not amused.

Whenever a car is launched, there are always complaints about lack of features, performance, road presence, handling, ride quality or price. Any missing feature present in even a single car of the segment is cited as a a negative. Here a company is giving is all of the above, at a price nobody even dared to wish for. Definitely there will be some issues, and unless they affect the driving, it should be ok. Jaguars and Land rovers also have issues.

If once is afraid of technology failing, buy the base MX variant.
pseudo_coder is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 01:09   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Not a good news.
Mahindra To Halt Production For 7 Days Due To Chip Shortage
https://www.carandbike.com/news/indi...dtv_topstories
So this may not 'materially affect' the first 10,000 units of XUV7OO. But what about spares if things go wrong, or when niggles are detected on launch?

And afterwards?

I really hope car makers do launch or keep lower variants that is least affected by the shortage. Such less complex vehicles would be economical, require less spares for manufacturer, cheaper to maintain and more reliable.

Also hope car makers standardize several modules or parts across different variants and products to benefit from economies of scale and improve reliability further.
Old 3rd September 2021, 07:37   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post

One can always buy the non tech versions I.E. uptill the AX5 maybe, if one is apprehensive about the electronics. Else we always have the reliable 4.2 m long jacked up hatchbacks from VW group selling at an affordable 20L rs. to satisfy reliability itch of people !

Last edited by 07CR : 3rd September 2021 at 07:39.
07CR is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:15   #583
BHPian

When should we expect the launch to happen? Is it still tentatively 1st week of October or postponed?

M&M had promised they will share more details in coming weeks. However, since launch event we have only seen first drive videos. No new information made available.

Waiting for AX7 Petrol AT variant details & pricing from M&M.

Noticed CarWale has posted estimated price of 19.69 Lakhs ex-sh for AX7 AT Diesel. Basis this Petrol AT may get priced at 19.19 Lakhs ex-sh (~22 Lakhs on-road in NCR). Keen to test drive the vehicle once it hits showrooms mid of this month (Hoping!)
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:16   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
A few other members have also shared this skepticism. And frankly, I am not amused.

Whenever a car is launched, there are always complaints about lack of features, performance, road presence, handling, ride quality or price. Any missing feature present in even a single car of the segment is cited as a a negative.
I for one am all about lots of features however Mahindra is not known to have high quality hence my skepticism. Mahindra internally would also know it is not known for high quality hence they should come out with peace of mind warranty packages that will give more confidence to consumers.

We all roast Skoda for shoddy DSG so why should Mahindra not get questioned over subpar quality. Being an Indian company is no excuse to accept bugs.
heydj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:51   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Saw the XUV 700 coming out from a government building today.

Car doesn't look much different from the current XUV 500. Look already dated and is going to age badly. If next gen is only at around 2030, I could already see the sales drop in just couple of years after the initial euphoria caused by low pricing.
This really makes me think if XUV500 is still a better bet compared to XUV 700. It is older undoubtedly but has all the niggles addressed and meets the basic demands that one would come to expect from a car of this size and cost.

The only item / feature that I feel one would care about missing out is the size of the boot. The XUV700 has a slightly bigger and more usable boot when compared to XUV500.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks