Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2021, 18:32   #661
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
BTW, got info from my source that the Freedom drive XUV700s are expected in Bangalore soon.
This information stands correct. The Dates are as follows:
  1. Kochi - 8th September
  2. Bangalore - 11th September
  3. Hyderabad - 13th September
  4. MRV Chennai - 15th September

Instagram link for reference:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTjyOw4t...dium=copy_link

Seems like the Freedom Drive won't be heading to the North and to the East.

Last edited by Moto_Bear : 8th September 2021 at 18:33.
Moto_Bear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 18:45   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
The Dates are as follows:
  1. Kochi - 8th September
  2. Bangalore - 11th September
  3. Hyderabad - 13th September
  4. MRV Chennai - 15th September

Seems like the Freedom Drive won't be heading to the North and to the East.
Any word on when this reaches Mumbai? Haven't come across any info as yet.

Spoke to a family friend who works with Mahindra, seems the 2nd Oct date that's being spoken about for the launch of bookings holds true because it's the Mahindra Founder's Day. Though he said even internally, the information about XUV 700 is very closely held and only a handful of people in the top management are aware of exact details.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 20:05   #663
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Just Realized the xuv700 home page has got updated with the variant versions.
So, under the Variants & Pricing when we click on the Dropdown, all these days it was only 4 of them being displayed with their Prices. But now, the other Variants are also displayed but with prices as "Coming Soon" . we can also get the confirmation on which variant is offered with how many seats.
Ex: AX5 is with 5/7 Seaters, AX7 is only with 7 Seaters.

https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700/
msksalman is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 20:20   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Any word on when this reaches Mumbai? Haven't come across any info as yet.
I don't think Freedom Drive will be coming to Mumbai or any other cities north of Hyderabad. These are the media cars that were used in the test drive at Mahindra proving grounds, Chennai. Freedom drive was flagged off in Chennai and it looks like it will go via Kochi -> Bangalore -> Hyderabad, and will wrap up at Mahindra Research Valley, Chennai on 15th September.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTjyOw4t56C/

Maybe they are planning to open bookings or announce the rest of the variants during the freedom drive conclusion event?
The Alchemist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 21:04   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, a big thanks to both @ram87pune and @MukundanMK for sharing much awaited sneak-peeks into the XUV. You guys keep the thread going with new enthusiasm and excitement. And indeed, this week has seemed longer than others.
Spot on my friend. I would also like to give out my thanks to ram87pune and MukundanMK for always keeping us updated. Ever since the reveal, it has become a habit of mine to visit this thread and check for updates. There are times when I would reload the page every now and then to check

Quote:
A sad turn of events for me as well. Was looking to buy the Diesel AT AWD. Now have to give the whole process another look with the delivery of Toyota 4x4 just around the corner, in a week or so.
I feel that if you need a car right now with 4x4, you should go ahead with the Toyota because Mahindra seems to be intent on stretching the hype train as much as possible and as per MukundanMK, you and I would have to wait till perhaps Q2 2022 (keeping in mind the inevitable waiting periods) in order to own the XUV 7OO
wadewilson is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 22:04   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Managed to get some updates after a long time (even one week seems to be a long time and running out of patience) from my source:

I will post some additional concrete updates over the weekend. Till then stay safe friends!
Hi,

Thanks for these regular updates which i feel is like a booster dose for this thread.

I had a query regarding AX7 AT Optional 7 seater variant. Does the "optional" in this variant means the same optional pack with wireless charging, 12 speaker sony syatwm, 360 degree camera etc. ?

The inquisitiveness stems from the fact that we are seriously considering XUV 700 after cancelling the booking for Safari XT during the second covid wave. Now, with XUV 700 coming into picture we have taken refund of the Safari booking amount.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 9th September 2021 at 09:51. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 8th September 2021, 22:14   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
Hey Guys,

So, under the Variants & Pricing when we click on the Dropdown, all these days it was only 4 of them being displayed with their Prices. But now, the other Variants are also displayed but with prices as "Coming Soon" . we can also get the confirmation on which variant is offered with how many seats.

Visited the website after reading your post and yes they have made few updates. I could also see few more images now - but not sure whether I have missed seeing them before or they have uploaded recently. Few images of AX5 variants could be seen in that dark blue shade(based on the alloy wheel design). Only thing which I'm wondering after seeing couple of interior pics is whether AX5 variant also misses out on Auto climate control. Because MX and AX3 variants are equipped with manual HVAC, AX7 has dual zone climate control. So is it viable if they are going to have Single zone ACC for just one variant??
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 22:19   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Another thing to NOTE is, as per the Variant Listings, The Automatics are available only with the AX7 Variant (petrol and Diesel)
msksalman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 23:04   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Based on the seating capacity listed in the site currently can we infer MX variant to be available only as a 5 seater, without a 7 seater option?

I'm also guessing the 5 seater to be offered without folding seat base (assuming 60:40 folding to be available) in middle row for 3rd row ingress. Worst case, a retrofit to make it a 7 seater needs full replacement of middle seat with a new bench having foldable seat base and new 3rd row seats, making it an expensive retrofit. I hope the mount points for 3rd row seat will be available without any hassles.

Last edited by anthusiast : 8th September 2021 at 23:10. Reason: Minor
anthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 23:21   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
I feel that if you need a car right now with 4x4, you should go ahead with the Toyota because Mahindra seems to be intent on stretching the hype train as much as possible and as per MukundanMK, you and I would have to wait till perhaps Q2 2022 (keeping in mind the inevitable waiting periods) in order to own the XUV 7OO
That's in fact why I'm reconsidering my options right now. My dad calls his Fortuner, "Chota Truck"(Little Truck) and to be honest I really don't want two little trucks parked outside. I enjoy the time I have with Dad's Fortuner but I wouldn't like driving it everyday with that awful body roll. Plus I have a really strong nostalgic bond with the Mahindras. Sadly I sold my workhorse today, and the heart wants a Mahindra as its replacement. So it's a clear Mind vs Heart.

On a separate note Wade, I came to know that you're from Assam. Well, My SO is from Assam as well and I've visited the state few times as well. I spent a lot of time in Dibrugarh and I must say that North East is a heaven of its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingCars View Post
Hi,
I had a query regarding AX7 AT Optional 7 seater variant. Does the "optional" in this variant means the same optional pack with wireless charging, 12 speaker sony syatwm, 360 degree camera etc. ?

The inquisitiveness stems from the fact that we are seriously considering XUV 700 after cancelling the booking for Safari XT during the second covid wave. Now, with XUV 700 coming into picture we have taken refund of the Safari booking amount.
Hey LivingCars. Welcome to the thread. So answering your question, Yes the optional pack refers to the E-parking brake, the 12 speaker Sony sound system amid other such features. There are however two distinct packs, labelled T and L. The current speculations are that T is for Manual variants and L is for the Autos, starting from AX5 and above for both Petrol and Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
So is it viable if they are going to have Single zone ACC for just one variant??
Highly unlikely. They might but the chances are slim because as far as the spy shots and the leaks were there, we saw only two types of HVAC. One was the Manual HVAC and the other was the Dual Zone HVAC. We haven't yet seen the standard Automatic Climate control.
Moto_Bear is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 23:42   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post
Based on the seating capacity listed in the site currently can we infer MX variant to be available only as a 5 seater, without a 7 seater option?

I'm also guessing the 5 seater to be offered without folding seat base (assuming 60:40 folding to be available) in middle row for 3rd row ingress. Worst case, a retrofit to make it a 7 seater needs full replacement of middle seat with a new bench having foldable seat base and new 3rd row seats, making it an expensive retrofit. I hope the mount points for 3rd row seat will be available without any hassles.
One more thing to consider for conversions would be the absence of AC vents for the third row seats. Only 7-seater variants will have those. 5-seater won't have it.

Quote:
Another thing to NOTE is, as per the Variant Listings, The Automatics are available only with the AX7 Variant (petrol and Diesel)
That's weird and shocking if it actually turns out to be true. I noticed one more thing at the bottom of variant listing.
Do they mean info about AX5, AX7 to be announced soon or literally some new variant?

Name:  Screenshot 20210908 at 10.55.03 PM.png
Views: 674
Size:  118.5 KB
Old 9th September 2021, 07:40   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Only thing which I'm wondering after seeing couple of interior pics is whether AX5 variant also misses out on Auto climate control. Because MX and AX3 variants are equipped with manual HVAC, AX7 has dual zone climate control. So is it viable if they are going to have Single zone ACC for just one variant??
As per the info shared by Autocar in their review, AX5 gets a single zone climate control. But then, it mentions the same for AX3. From this, looks like the AX series could be getting auto climate control and the manual air-con might be there for the MX series only.

We will just have to wait for official word on this or, maybe, ram87pune or MukundanMK might be able to clarify this in one of their updates.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20210815134048366_com.google.android.youtube.jpg  

Last edited by RPM1706 : 9th September 2021 at 07:43.
RPM1706 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 08:55   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
As per the info shared by Autocar in their review, AX5 gets a single zone climate control. But then, it mentions the same for AX3. From this, looks like the AX series could be getting auto climate control and the manual air-con might be there for the MX series only.
I've seen the walkaround videos of the AX3 variant and could confirm, it doesn't the ACC (automatic climate control). So, the first three variants of the XUV 700 will feature the regular manual AC. It's a step down considering the ACC is available, in the W7 variant, of the outgoing XUV 500.
Old 9th September 2021, 09:44   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post

We will just have to wait for official word on this or, maybe, ram87pune or MukundanMK might be able to clarify this in one of their updates.
This seems incorrect because mahindra's official website clearly mentions the skyroof for AX5 while autocar mentions sunroof only for ax7
akg7091 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 09:55   #675
Senior - BHPian

Offering AT only in the top variant, if true, is sad. Automatic transmission option is no more a luxury but a necessity these days. It is also a standard practice now to offer AT right from the mid variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks