Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2021, 10:43   #961
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

Sharing screenshots.
So does this mean that AX7 will not get MT options?
Mahindra has also removed the variant - wise transmission and seating capacity options from their website. It would be a bummer if Mahindra went the Hyundai - Kia way of deleting certain powertains from the top variant.
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:01   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footloose View Post
The very same video is there in high resolution on YouTube channel car comparos sincellast six days.

https://Youtu.be/2pbNN7Q8zgM
This video doesn't seem to be correct, at least to me as
- Mahindra is marketing Sony 3D sound, electronic door handles, electronic parking brake and these are some of their major USPs, and it's missing in the highlights of this video.
- At 3.14 mins, he mentioned- "Adreno Engine".
- AX7 MT is missing, but there are many video reviews of the same - Faisal khan's petrol AX7 MT review is one of the examples.
msinghal80 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 13:18   #963
Distinguished - BHPian

Don't go by the above videos on the supposed "price scoop." They are clearly clickbait.

MotorOctane has also posted a hearsay on the 7th October date. They are themselves not confirmed about it. Honestly, I would take anything MotorOctane posts with a huge truckful of salt.

Sales training is ongoing right now, and GM training for the 7OO has commenced from September 18th onwards. Dispatch of cars to dealerships should start from September-end, with display vehicles and opening of official bookings scheduled from the 1st week of October. Dealership technicians are being trained for filling-up of PDI checklists of the 7OO and submitting them to the PDI in-charges, and maintenance schedule charts of the petrol and diesel 7OO (which started today).

Mahindra will share additional details on the official 7OO website in a few days.

One small thing to share - the 3 Option packs are Comfort, Tech & Luxury (which you all probably already know). But these Option packs are categorised in the same order too. Meaning - you will get some optional features in the Comfort (C) pack, a few extra/separate goodies in the Tech (T) pack, and ALL the optional features listed (the entire kitchen sink) in the Luxury (L) pack.

In short, the Luxury pack (L) is a combination of the Comfort (C) & Tech (T) packs. All features offered in the first two will be offered in the L.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 23rd September 2021 at 13:23. Reason: added.
RavenAvi is offline   (61) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 16:52   #964
BHPian

Have booked XUV300 W8 AMT (o), My dealer told me that he will switch my booking to XUV700 once the booking opens and will try to deliver me from 1st batch itself. Let's see. Meanwhile, we have the option to Buy Xuv300 in case we found the build quality is not upto the marks as mentioned in previous posts.
XUV300 AMT W8(o) waiting period is about 8-10 Weeks

Last edited by rpmmachine : 23rd September 2021 at 16:53. Reason: Updated
rpmmachine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 17:36   #965
BHPian

While taking test drives of cars that are direct competition to XUV700, I had a chat with the sales guys of competing OEM, and they say that XUV 700 is not an all-new platform. According to them, they made some changes to the previous generation platform and added some features. Whatever videos and reviews I've gone through so far, maintain that this is an all-new platform.

Too much speculation on the price, features and everything else related to xuv700, at the moment. Hope they start test drives soon.
Old 23rd September 2021, 18:09   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvaddi View Post
While taking test drives of cars that are direct competition to XUV700, I had a chat with the sales guys of competing OEM, and they say that XUV 700 is not an all-new platform. According to them, they made some changes to the previous generation platform and added some features.
I don't know what technically forms a 'platform'. But if you look at the body shell/super structure, it appears to be different from the XUV 500. It is longer in length and shorter in height. Floor is lower even with similar ground clearance. Sitting posture is slightly different as XUV500 had van-like upright positions while the XUV700 has lower car-like seating.
Mahindra has gone to great lengths to showcase the way shell has been designed to meet the crash-worthiness and how the high strength materials have been used in critical areas.
Guna is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 20:26   #967

Have been following since always. Just waiting for the damn launch and perhaps some clarity. There’s so much floating around, hard to grasp what’s what.
Another confusion added by Mr. Mahindra himself. Apparently an All black option is doing the rounds in Guwahati in the famed Freedom Drive. Appears black to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-18479f41dd9e42b49ba40a7304094eef.jpeg  

Model-Bouncer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 21:47   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model-Bouncer View Post
Have been following since always. Just waiting for the damn launch and perhaps some clarity. There’s so much floating around, hard to grasp what’s what.
Another confusion added by Mr. Mahindra himself. Apparently an All black option is doing the rounds in Guwahati in the famed Freedom Drive. Appears black to me.
Those are the Midnight Black (Dark Blue) cars only. You can see that when they do close-up shots in the video.

What they meant by "All-black avatar" is that the Freedom Drive had all the cars of Midnight Black colour only unlike other cities where the fleet had different colour cars.
UltraViolence is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 21:53   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model-Bouncer View Post
Apparently an All black option is doing the rounds in Guwahati in the famed Freedom Drive. Appears black to me.
Hi, I have pics from the drive in Guwahati. They were all Midnight Black in colour (or rather deep blue, when viewed properly).

I wanted to go to Guwahati and check out the cars but as per the Sales Executive whom I talked to, the cars were there for only a few hours and as expected no one was allowed inside. Plus they were going to return back to Mumbai in a few hours. So I cancelled my plan to drive all the way to Guwahati just to see the car from the outside. Although to be fair, I just have the sales executive' word for it. Anyway, uploading the two pics I got from the sales executive for our members to see.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20210917wa0007.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20210917wa0008.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 23:46   #970
BHPian

Had been following up updates on the XUV700 website.. And just sometime back had been try and explore if there is any update.
Just navigating around, came across a Stuck Loading page when i clicked on 360 degree experience. Looks like, we might see some updates on it soon. the website is under renovation

This is a Screenshot i could capture which shows the OPTIONAL PACKS:

Mahindra XUV700 Review-packs.jpg
msksalman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 23:50   #971
BHPian

Also, Digging in deep into the source code of the website, under the 360degree experience section, Along with the Different colors which were enabled last week, now I could see that there are codes written to experience different Variants + Seating Options and the Optional Packs. So the Launch is coming Near.
msksalman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 08:08   #972

There were 10 Midnight Black (Dark Blue) cars for Freedom Drive in Guwahati. I went to the showroom in G S Road. There were absolutely no one from public except me to check out the car (Neither M&M or dealer promoted the event locally) and their own media team. Wasn't even allowed to get inside the car or take interiors picture. Loved the colour "Midnight Black"
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20210917_140317.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20210917_140607.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20210917_140608_1.jpg  

Car Stalker is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 12:04   #973
BHPian

Waiting is coming to an end. Got an update from my dealer in bangalore. Booking starts from 7th October and pricing should be out by 27th (Monday).
febin8055 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 13:18   #974
BHPian

Sad to see and share another video questioning XUV700.
This should not have happened with such experience drivers who are there on road for promotions instead of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by febin8055 View Post
Waiting is coming to an end. Got an update from my dealer in bangalore. Booking starts from 7th October and pricing should be out by 27th (Monday).
Any updates on test drive vehicles?

Last edited by rpmmachine : 24th September 2021 at 13:19. Reason: updated
Old 24th September 2021, 14:06   #975
BHPian

Any idea if the petrol engine is E20 compatible considering the gov is going to make e20 mandatory by 2024
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed