Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2021, 14:11   #976
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Stalker View Post
There were absolutely no one from public except me to check out the car (Neither M&M or dealer promoted the event locally) and their own media team. Wasn't even allowed to get inside the car or take interiors picture. Loved the colour "Midnight Black"

I had a similar experience in Bhopal. Hardly any people and dealers didnt even have proper information on 20th September. It seems dealers didnt create enough buzz
Torque_Cruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 14:22   #977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Sad to see and share another video questioning XUV700.
This should not have happened with such experience drivers who are there on road for promotions instead of this.
I think the folks who were involved in the freedom drive are salesmen (or event management professionals) first and drivers second (as they were expected to interact with customer and provide information).
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 14:27   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Don't go by the above videos on the supposed "price scoop." They are clearly clickbait.

MotorOctane has also posted a hearsay on the 7th October date. They are themselves not confirmed about it. Honestly, I would take anything MotorOctane posts with a huge truckful of salt.
Rush lane has posted an article with the same video grab and has highlighted our community for the leaked prices.

https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-xu...-12412328.html

Mods: Please remove this link if it is against the forum rules.

Cheers
darkbull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 17:20   #979
BHPian

I had gone to Mahindra ASS for some work on my XUV 5oo. My Sales guy had his training on the XUV 7oo in the initial batches (first week of September), told me today that the AWD will not be launched initially and shall be revealed a few months later. Plus he also told that the present focus shall be on petrol models and not on diesel.
He also told that the vehicle is nothing like anything available in the market.
I was ready to book the AWD model upon launch, now will have to wait for a few more months.
Ritesh_Dogar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 17:35   #980
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
I was ready to book the AWD model upon launch, now will have to wait for a few more months.
Good call. Those who are buying AT should consider AWD. With this much power going to the front wheels , it will certainly help even in normal roads with a little bit of dirt on the surface.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 23:10   #981

Today I got a WhatsApp message from dealer here at BLR, BG Road Showroom stating "Good morning Sir, Thank you for showing interest in XUV700. If you are interested to book the xuv700, please share me the KYC Aadhar copy / address proof and PAN card and email ID. On the day of launch it will be difficult to for us to complete all the process in prior if you share it will be helpful for us to keep everything ready"

To this, I asked the SA if she has received the OTR Prices for all variants in Bangalore, she replied in negative.

However, she also shared attached XUV Merchandise and XUV Accessories List PDF files. I am attaching them for your info.

Hope this will be useful.

Cheers
Mahi
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Merchandise XUV700 catalogue.pdf (1.24 MB, 695 views)
File Type: pdf XUV700 Accessories Catalogue.pdf (4.19 MB, 4931 views)
MahiDesai is offline   (41) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 01:02   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiDesai View Post
Today I got a WhatsApp message from dealer here at BLR, BG Road Showroom stating "Good morning Sir, Thank you for showing interest in XUV700. If you are interested to book the xuv700, please share me the KYC Aadhar copy / address proof and PAN card and email ID. On the day of launch it will be difficult to for us to complete all the process in prior if you share it will be helpful for us to keep everything ready"
However, she also shared attached XUV Merchandise and XUV Accessories List PDF files.
No such pro-active feelers from dealers in Mumbai yet. Thanks for the merchandise and accessories' list. The list is quite exhaustive, I must say. Interesting to note a few additons to the official accessories like Bug Deflector, Rear Bumper Protector, Anti-theft Wheel Bolt, Pedal Covers, Logo Projector Lamps, Infotainment Screen Protector. Haven't seen such kind of accessories being offered by competition. Mahindra is definitely turning over a new leaf with XUV 700!
Old 25th September 2021, 01:24   #983
BHPian

The Noida dealer seems to not care at all. I have visited Koncept twice, once on Aug 16th and again a week ago. I have not received even a single call back from anybody at Koncept. Also registered on the Mahindra website and all I received was an automated SMS with the name and number of a sales guy ( who doesn't answer his phone or call back - called thrice in past 6 weeks )
If this is how M&M plans on getting new customers then good luck to them

To the fellow BHPians from NCR - any recommendations for a Mahindra dealer ? Koncept obviously seems useless !

Many thanks and God bless
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 01:46   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritesh_Dogar View Post
Plus he also told that the present focus shall be on petrol models and not on diesel.
I've also heard the same info. Initial concentration will be more on variants for which prices have been revealed already. Not sure what the gameplan is.

Quote:
However, she also shared attached XUV Merchandise and XUV Accessories List PDF files. I am attaching them for your info.
Thank you so much for sharing these files. Went through the accessories list and it seems like AX5 won't come with reverse camera. It has to be fitted as an accessory
bwildrd#1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 01:54   #985
BHPian

Quote:
However, she also shared attached XUV Merchandise and XUV Accessories List PDF files.
Some really interesting and thoughtful things I noticed are:
  1. Pretty decent looking Rear Bumper Protector in SS, Aluminium and ABS material options.
  2. Infotainment Screen Protector is there. With more and larger screens popping in the cars this becomes an absolute necessity. Not sure if any other OEM provides this in-house.
  3. Sweet looking Retractable Luggage Cover. With such a huge boot space (5-seater and 3rd row folded config.), a hard parcel shelf would have been very impractical to use. Good thing it can be fitted in 7-seater variant too.
  4. Looks like the C option pack in AX7 variant won't have wireless charging.
  5. It will be interesting to see whether the Boot Mat for 5-seater variant is compatible with 7-seater variant with 3rd row folded down.
  6. They should have provided airbag compatible seat covers for AX7 variant too.
UltraViolence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 11:26   #986
BHPian

There is just an extreme amount of hype and excitement surrounding the launch/variants/pricing announcements. Mahindra better have done a fabulous job with this car.
I am in line to book, pending the initial niggles. And there is simply nothing in the market that can be compared to this currently. So in some sense, every egg is in this basket.
Hopefully, with the amount of testing that has gone into this product, there aren’t any blown electronics, leaky roof or bad software.
What remains to be seen is the impact of chip shortage on supply. Hope that factor doesn’t rain on this parade
Old 25th September 2021, 11:34   #987
BHPian

If they do not offer AWD at launch and not concentrate on diesel versions, will it be better for people looking at 5 seater version to simply add MG Astor to consideration set?
Old 25th September 2021, 13:19   #988
BHPian

Quote:

Hope this will be useful.

Cheers
Mahi
Okay, so this confirms that the optional features like sony 3d, 360° cam etc is only limited to AX7. Hope the audio apart from the hyped Sony 3D system isn't bad because no one has spoken about it yet.

The only miss in AX 5 now is 360° camera which is an absolute asset. Well, maybe I should understand that there should be many reasons to keep AX7 an attraction over the others.
APB98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 14:53   #989
Distinguished - BHPian

First lot has started arriving at dealerships. Received on Whatsapp from a friend who wishes to remain anonymous:-

Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitledw.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled2w.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 25th September 2021 at 15:04. Reason: Watermarked. Thanks.
RavenAvi is offline   (54) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 15:12   #990
BHPian

Anybody from NCR planning to buy the XUV700 ? Maybe we can approach the dealerships as a group and get priority delivery / negotiated insurance / finance rates if we can pick up a couple cars at once ?
akg7091 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks