Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2021, 21:43   #1006
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

I got calls from 2 different dealerships today asking me to send my KYC details to prebook the XUV700. No booking amount needed though.
superchamp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 21:54   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by APB98 View Post
Did you have a look at a vehicle that arrived at a dealership ? If so then we're really close to having an opportunity to TD it

However, it's really sad to see the quality of the rear bumper. Don't know what was the thinking behind making such a weak bumper , especially when the car is safety conscious from scratch
Yes, all the dealers have got the vehicles for the display, all are petrol variants and they have received the vehicles for TD too.

Once Mahindra discloses everything and launches the much awaited XUv700, these units will be shifted to showrooms.

On a side note, 3 out of 4 dealerships were renovating for XUV700 arrival.
rpmmachine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 21:57   #1008

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
I have a question regarding the Bumper protectors officially being offered. As per my last knowledge, these types of guards had been banned, and several vehicles had been fined in NCR. Has there been any change in the policy since then? Or is it that OEMs are permitted to offer such guards with separate testing or approvals?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.car...s-bullbar/amp/
Bullbars are usually made of large steel bars which are very hard and do not deform easily. When a vehicle with bullbar is involved in a collision, it can lead to consequences like airbags not getting deployed because the crash detection sensors may not get proper inputs due to the rigid bullbars. In other cases, modern cars are required to consider pedestrian safety in cases of frontal collision and having such rigid structure on the vehicle is against these rules.

Having cleared that, bumper protectors offered by the OEMs are not bullbars, but instead these are tight fitting accessories that attach closely to the bumpers as if they were part of original car fitments. They are made of some composite materials that can deform easily. And their main purpose is to protect only from minor and low speed impacts.
StrikerK is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 22:49   #1009
BHPian

I too got a Whatsapp message asking me to share the KYC documents to avoid rush once the bookings are open. On asking when the launch would be, the guy responded 7th witout any hesitation. So, it looks like 7th is the date of launch.
Old 25th September 2021, 22:56   #1010
BHPian

Today during the Freedom Drive in Mumbai, the dealer confirmed that bookings would start from 7th October 2021. Initially, it was planned for 2nd October but then delayed due to ongoing Pitrupaksh.

Dealer also informed me that Top-spec Diesel AT would cost around 26 Lakh on-road in Mumbai. This would put it in a sweet spot when compared with the competition. Further, he also informed that initial stock would be for Petrol SUVs and Diesel would have some waiting. They are expecting around 100+ bookings per dealership in the first week.

All the cars in the Mumbai dealership during the freedom drive were Diesel. Mahindra team was very friendly and allowed us to experience the cars from inside. The driver's seat has good under-thigh support and feels comfortable for long drives. The only thing I would have loved to see is ventilated seats. Boot space with the last row flat folded would be adequate for all your luggage. The IRVM on all the cars was manual. I hope Mahindra upgrades this to Automatic.

The engine noise was not audible inside the cabin. Even outside, it was relatively very silent when compared with my diesel CIAZ.

Sad to see one of the cars with a chipped and a cracked windscreen and another with a scratch on the front fender.

Waiting for bookings to open. Let's hope Mahindra releases variants and pricing information without any more delay.
bill1182 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 00:46   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Clarification - the AX7 lineup could start from 17.20 ex-showroom mark for the petrol MT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
Dealer also informed me that Top-spec Diesel AT would cost around 26 Lakh on-road in Mumbai.
Well to be honest, RavenAvi's price prediction seems more reasonable and prudent than say an OTR of 26 Lakhs. I'll explain how.

As per RavenAvi, the Diesel commands a 1 Lakh rupee premium over its petrol brother. Automatic would be around 1.30L and the optional pack around 80k. These costs are fixed as in they would apply to every variant(wherever applicable). Considering a 25 Lakhs OTR(J&K has a lakh cheaper OTR than Mumbai), that would mean 22 Lakhs Ex-showroom for the Diesel AT(assuming it to be loaded with the Optional pack).

Now removing a Lakh for conversion from Diesel to Petrol, removing 1.30L for conversion from Automatic to Manual, and finally removing 80k from the Ex-showroom for optional packs, You get a value of around 18.90 Lakhs ex-showroom for the AX7 Petrol MT. That's a good 4 Lakh rupee increase over AX5 Petrol MT which would retail at 14.99 Lakh rupees. 4 Lakh is way too steep in my opinion over two variants even considering the ADAS, in this price range.

Adding to the sauce is, if this price of 18.90 Lakhs ex-showroom doesn't contain the 80k optional pack price. Then the price would be 19.70 Lakhs for the AX7 Petrol MT which becomes an approx 5 Lakhs over the AX5.

Hence, I find RavenAvi's values to be more realistic and reasonable in general logical terms. We'll know soon enough how "enthusiastic" Mahindra is feeling with the pricing.

Note: If there are any miscalculations, please point them out. Long work day and midnight mental math don't mix well together for me.
Moto_Bear is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 08:32   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
You get a value of around 18.90 Lakhs ex-showroom for the AX7 Petrol MT. That's a good 4 Lakh rupee increase over AX5 Petrol MT which would retail at 14.99 Lakh rupees
The AX7 is only offered as a 7 seater and the top trim has all wheel drive.

These two features cost 2.2 lakhs.

Therefore the gap comes down to under 2 lakhs, which is a fair price to pay for ADAS.
yogishkamath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 11:31   #1013
BHPian

While I am excited over the buzz created with this vehicle and also in need to upgrade, I am getting more skeptical about the below:

1. Will we able to TD the vehicle before buying and more importantly will we have a Diesel Vehicle to TD

2. How bad will be the waiting period. 3 months is becoming a norm these days
TSEA is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 13:13   #1014
BHPian

Some more news I received from the sales advisor as we are getting closer to launch:
1. Few dealers have received the AX7 variant cars (mostly petrol ones) and few have yet to receive them. This clearly shows that the launch is nearing.
2. Mahindra sales team says that XUV7OO has been extensively tested its mechanicals and electricals.
3. Although I appreciate Mahindra trying to be proactive this time than reactive, there might be still few glitches in the initial batches. But at the same time, we will be happier if it is totally niggle free.
4. Pricing might be disclosed by 28th September. Mahindra's sales team does not have any idea about pricing. But I think RavenAvi's thread gives us a sensible understanding.
5. Lots of customization options shall be provided. Details will be out soon.
6. Booking process is different than what they followed while Thar launch. It was a big mess during the new Thar launch. But for XUV7OO, the process seems to be more robust.
GRAND23 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 13:48   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
The AX7 is only offered as a 7 seater and the top trim has all wheel drive.

These two features cost 2.2 lakhs.

Therefore the gap comes down to under 2 lakhs, which is a fair price to pay for ADAS.
Apart from ADAS, AX7 also comes with dual zone climate control, leatherette upholstery, 18 inch alloy wheels and few more notable features. So the price gap is justified.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 14:47   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchamp View Post
I got calls from 2 different dealerships today asking me to send my KYC details to prebook the XUV700. No booking amount needed though.
Yes, they ask for this information to make the booking Even if you book or not they will book it for you.
Through KYC they will book the vehicle and will virtually extend the waiting periods. One of the sales advisers who personally know us told me that dealers will book as many vehicles as possible with the help of KYC documents provided by the customers and then will sell them with fat profits. That's what is going with THAR nowadays. If you go to the showroom they will tell you the final amount which includes 30-40k of accessories and fat insurance. If you agree you can get the car within days or you have to wait for another 8-12 months bearing all the price inflations(last increase was of 92,000 Rupees for THAR source) by the Mahindra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwildrd#1 View Post
Apart from ADAS, AX7 also comes with dual zone climate control, leatherette upholstery, 18 inch alloy wheels and few more notable features. So the price gap is justified.
Also add Back camera (as per accessory list AX5 will not have a back camera) and Cruise control which are absent in AX5.
Personally i want AX5 tyres because of bigger sidewall as the roads in my city are worst.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 26th September 2021 at 15:02. Reason: updated
rpmmachine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 16:25   #1017
BHPian

Today, I probably saw the first Xuv700 in Kanpur!
The look is gorgeous in Midnight Blue colour.
Although, I suppose Black will have a charm of it's own.

The styling which seems a little in your face in pictures, didn't appear so at all in person.

This basically means, test drive cars are moving about.
Launch is imminent any day now.
fazalmirza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 16:49   #1018
Senior - BHPian

So we have almost decided to upgrade to the Xuv700. Now all i ask for is the AX3 model to be available in Auto version. It has all the important features we need, can get the alloys fitted separately. Planning to go for the petrol engine as diesel has a short life now in Delhi/ncr.
I called the Ghaziabad dealer and he said the booking will open by mid October.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 26th September 2021 at 16:50.
faithless_1984 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 20:02   #1019
BHPian

XUV700 at Dealer's Stockyard
Looks attractive in this color.
Anyone having pictures of White color?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_0305.jpg  

Last edited by rpmmachine : 26th September 2021 at 20:03. Reason: added few more lines
rpmmachine is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 20:28   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
So we have almost decided to upgrade to the Xuv700. Now all i ask for is the AX3 model to be available in Auto version. It has all the important features we need, can get the alloys fitted separately. Planning to go for the petrol engine as diesel has a short life now in Delhi/ncr
I was thinking of the AX3 and AX5 variants as well, but now in two minds as it appears that both don't have auto climate control, which would be a bummer. Now I'm considering saving some money and going for MX Auto, as the Adrenox system is not a big value add to justify the almost 2 lac difference between MX and AX3. Open to thoughts from others on this.
nasir88 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks