Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 12:16   #1156
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav27 View Post
So no top of the line AX7L variant with AWD!
Yes, just noted. That means the No Sony 12 speaker system, electric park brake, 360 degree surround view, blind view monitoring, passive keyless entry... Not sure if this will even be available as add-on option pack.

Imagine you are in a mild off-roading/ tight place and you are depending on a nube co-passenger to guide you which direction your front tyres should be pointing - The tech is there but you wont get it
abirnale is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:16   #1157
BHPian

Great pricing, as expected.<25L on road for the top end auto(the non AWD version) . This is going to make Safari's life a bit more difficult I feel .
Old 30th September 2021, 12:17   #1158
BHPian

Got a third call from Mahindra wanting to confirm the variant I am looking to book and as to when I would be booking.

I inquired about the model - AX7L Diesel AT with option pack and AWD, but the lady on the line didnot have a clue. She said that everything would be clear on 2nd October.

Last edited by Manojah : 30th September 2021 at 12:20.
Old 30th September 2021, 12:26   #1159
Distinguished - BHPian

Comparisons between all variants:-

Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled2.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled7.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled8.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled9.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled91.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled3.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled4.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled5.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-untitled6.jpg

In addition,

Quote:
Additional features available only in Luxury pack - 3D Audio with 12 Speakers by Sony, 360° Surround View with Blind-view Monitoring, Passive Keyless Entry, Electronic Parking Brake, Vanity Mirror Illumination, Mobile adaptability charging provision with Wireless Charging.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 30th September 2021 at 12:50. Reason: updated.
RavenAvi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:34   #1160
BHPian

Prices in ascending order!

Name:  XUV700.PNG
Views: 1689
Size:  17.1 KB

Interesting points:
1. Official press release says that optional packs can't be combined.
2. AWD and luxury pack are the only optional packs listed as of now.
3. Meaning we have to choose either Luxury pack or AWD for now
4. Optional packs such as Comfort, Tech, and combinations with AWD may be announced later
5. Lowest 7 Seater variant: AX 3 D MT = 15,19,000
6. Lowest AT Variant: AX3 P AT = 15,59,000
7. Highest 5 Seater variant: AX5 D AT = 17,19,000
8. Lowest 7 Seater AT variant: AX5 D AT = 17,79,000
9. Only AWD variant: AX7 D AT AWD = 21,09,000
10. Top of the line variant (No AWD): AX7L D AT = 21,59,000

I wish if there was an AX7 L AWD 5 seater variant.
The Alchemist is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:51   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Comparisons in a nutshell:-
RavenAvi, any info on ESP availability across variants? Not sure if this a well guarded secret or I have missed something!
charade is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:52   #1162
BHPian

7 seater option offered only with the AX5 Petrol MT, AX5 Diesel MT & AT. No 7-seater option available for AX5 Petrol AT! What's with this discrimination...or is this some discrepancy?

Also, AX5 misses out on almost all the bells and whistles; without any chance of adding an Option pack. Why Mahindra, why?

Stretching my budget from AX5 to fully loaded AX7 will be difficult. Wondering whether I should stick to my Creta booking.
IamNikhil is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:52   #1163
BHPian

The drop down list on the XUV700 webpage mentions that the AX7 series starts from 15.59 but the details below that shows the starting price as 17.59 for AX7. Nevermind. They fixed the discrepancy in the drop down list now.

Name:  Screenshot 20210930 at 12.41.04 PM.png
Views: 1579
Size:  35.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot 20210930 at 12.41.15 PM.png
Views: 1559
Size:  68.3 KB

The luxury pack just includes 12 speaker Sony system, 360 camera with blind-view and wireless changing for a whopping 1.80 Lakh Don't know how is this justified.

Also why.. just why can't we have a true top of the line AWD variant
The only reason I can come up is that it would have pushed the price of that variant to 22.89 and that would make it expensive than the top of the line Safari. Maybe M&M wants to keep the initial prices lowest compared to the competition.

I just hope more variants with different options are released in due time. I personally am looking for AX7 L AWD 5-seater variant.

Last edited by UltraViolence : 30th September 2021 at 12:57. Reason: Updated additional information.
UltraViolence is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:53   #1164
BHPian

Contradictory to the excitement, it's a sad turn of events in my opinion. It's not the pricing but the feature distribution that's the problem here.

The point is that the luxury pack costs 1.8 Lakh on top of which it cannot be taken up with AWD. So the AX7 variant would have the following:
  1. Manual Handbrake(No e-brake)
  2. 6 speaker system, No JBL or Bose or Sony
  3. No ventilated seats
  4. No 360 degree camera
  5. No Auto IRVM

These are some glare omissions in my opinion for a vehicle costing 19.79 Lakhs ex-showroom.

AX7 in itself would seem pretty bland in comparison to the competition. Mahindra should've given ADAS as an option rather than the other way around and this pack should've been incorporated into the AX7. After the hype dies, People won't care much about the an invisible passive ADAS safety system and would've appreciated more if the current Luxury pack including Sony system, an e-brake and the assorted goodies were included for the price jump between AX5 and AX7, not the ADAS. I would love to see the sales numbers for AX7L FWD.

My pursuit of the vehicle ends here only for the time being, due to a lack of AWD+AT+a good music system(6 speakers in AWD)+ e-brake. And I'm not going to buy a FWD(would've bought Legender a long time ago) and a manual Handbrake for 21 Lakh ex-showroom. Thanks but no thanks.

In another news, Toyota just announced a Legender 4x4. Where one door is closed, another opens

Edit: Well, it seems mostly everyone is shocked by the price of the optional pack. I mean 1.80 Lakh rupee is not justifiable for Sony music system, e-brake, wireless charging and 360 degree camera. It would've been sensible at 1 Lakh maximum. And also, AWD won't be there. Anyways, I was wondering where Mahindra would screw up with an almost perfect product launch.

I mean the only difference between AX7L and Safari or Hector Plus on broader terms would be ADAS and that too is a passive-behind-the curtains feature. I'm really disappointed due to lack of features in AWD.

Also, wondering what happened to the T or Tech pack that we saw in reviews? If Mahindra didn't plan to launch it with the vehicle, why were a lot of review cars loaded with it?

Last edited by Moto_Bear : 30th September 2021 at 13:12. Reason: Added new information
Moto_Bear is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:55   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
Any news about ESP, which variant will it be available from?
This being an important safety feature, can't digest that it will be available as an Option Pack only, specially when competition has it as Standard.
As per the Official Website, ESP is available from AX5 onwards.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-esp.jpg
msksalman is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:56   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
RavenAvi, any info on ESP availability across variants? Not sure if this a well guarded secret or I have missed something!
As per the Mahindra website's latest update, ESP is available in all models above AX5.
https://beta-auto.mahindra.com/suv/x...mpare-variants
Old 30th September 2021, 13:00   #1167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charade View Post
Shared a screenshot under "Safety" in my post above - ESP is standard for AX5, AX7 & AX7L variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
The luxury pack just includes 12 speaker Sony system, 360 camera with blind-view and wireless changing for a whopping 1.80 Lakh Don't know how is this justified.
Check my previous post.

Additional features available only in Luxury pack -
3D Audio with 12 Speakers by Sony,
360° Surround View with Blind-view Monitoring,
Passive Keyless Entry,
Driver Knee protection Airbag (7th),
Electronic Parking Brake,
Vanity Mirror Illumination,
Mobile adaptability charging provision with Wireless Charging.

One more thing - the Custom Drive Modes are available in the AX5 diesel, and NOT in the AX5 petrol.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 30th September 2021 at 13:07.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 13:05   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Shared a screenshot under "Safety" in my post above - ESP is standard for AX5, AX7 & AX7L variants.
I would like to add that according to website, luxury pack is having an extra airbag too and may be that's why this much price for the luxury pack.

Pretty disappointed that AWD can't be paired with the luxury pack. Hope Mahindra does provide this option sooner than later.

Another interesting fact for me is about providing ADAS features in manual variant. Need to see how adaptive cruise and especially smart pilot assit would work with manual mode.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st October 2021 at 13:38. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Vivek Menon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 13:16   #1169
BHPian

Something is not adding up - why would they not have an AWD option with all bells and whistles - considering how they have managed the launch till now, will wait till Oct 2nd for clarity - it’s a deal breaker for sure
Jyotil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 13:19   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek Menon View Post
Pretty disappointed that AWD can't be paired with the luxury pack. Hope Mahindra does provide this option sooner than later.

Another interesting fact for me is about providing ADAS features in manual variant. Need to see how adaptive cruise and especially smart pilot assit would work with manual mode.

Exactly my feelings. Hoping that it is communication gap or some kind of input error. Was looking to book AX7 Diesel AT with AWD & luxury pack.

If both options of AWD & luxury pack cannot be clubbed, would probably go for the Luxury pack. Would really regret if Mahindra makes AWD with the luxury pack available at a later stage, so totally confused as of now.
Manojah is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks