Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 15:49   #1216
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek Menon View Post

Selective unlock is basically allowing us to select which doors to unlock. May be like first press for drivers door, second press for all doors. Not sure how it is configured in XUV 700.

I am also curious about "Smart close". It's there in AX7 and AX7 L only.
As from some reviews I watched earlier, I think Smart unlock is when you walk near the car it will detect the key and will unlock the car, you just need to open via doors. Usually, there is a button on doors which u need to press to unlock (request sensor) but here they have made this kind of arrangement.

Smart close is I think walk away close feature i.e when you walk away from the car it will automatically lock all the doors.

Rest waiting for the test drive to confirm these features.
rpmmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 15:56   #1217
BHPian

A dealer in Pune has said that they have been receiving unprecedented inquiries regarding the XUV700 more than 4K per day for the last week or so. He has already started quoting a waiting of almost 6-8 months for delivery even before the bookings have officially started. That would practically be mid of next year.

Shows how this is a perfect time for dealers to sell their exorbitant insurances and demand additional premium in the guise of securing an early delivery.

It makes absolutely zero sense to not have a centralized online booking management system. Mahindra is able to bring ADAS and other cutting edge tech. Why not streamline the booking process and get the dealers to follow it strictly?!
Old 30th September 2021, 15:57   #1218
BHPian

Has M&M come out with any NCAP ratings ? If not, when can we expect the crash test ratings.

I am sure M&M will have options to integrate AX7(L) with AWD unless there is some mechanical issues involved.
Old 30th September 2021, 16:01   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
As from some reviews I watched earlier, I think Smart unlock is when you walk near the car it will detect the key and will unlock the car, you just need to open via doors. Usually, there is a button on doors which u need to press to unlock (request sensor) but here they have made this kind of arrangement.

Smart close is I think walk away close feature i.e when you walk away from the car it will automatically lock all the doors.

I am also thinking the same way for " Smart Close ". No other possible logic is there unless Mahindra springs a surprise
Old 30th September 2021, 16:04   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
He has already started quoting a waiting of almost 6-8 months for delivery even before the bookings have officially started.
Not only the demand, but XUV 700 would be hit by chip shortage as well. Thar and XUV 300 are badly hit. So this is expected for sure.
Old 30th September 2021, 16:09   #1221
BHPian

Amidst all this pricing info, one critical info is still missing - kitna deti hai?

How does Petrol engine perform and how efficient it would be from fuel consumption perspective with directly influence people opting for Diesel variants (which will be in short supply in any case).

Mods - When will you be driving XUV700 AT? Any guidance will be useful.
manpreetsj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 16:14   #1222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Amidst all this pricing info, one critical info is still missing - kitna deti hai?

How does Petrol engine perform and how efficient it would be from fuel consumption perspective with directly influence people opting for Diesel variants (which will be in short supply in any case).

Mods - When will you be driving XUV700 AT? Any guidance will be useful.
I tried asking to the sales person, however, it looks like they have been advised not to give out the details or they really don't know. He kept insisting that it will be disclosed with the booking amount on 7th Oct.
Old 30th September 2021, 16:19   #1223
BHPian

On-Road Prices in Bangalore.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv7oo-onroad-prices.jpg
swoosh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 16:22   #1224
BHPian

Spanner in the works when least expected, finally a car with pretty much all features and AWD thus ticking all the boxes has really complicated the decision when none was needed - what are everyone's thought, what is better - AX7 AWD AT w/o optional pack, AX 7 AWD AT with optional pack Diesel, AX 7 AWD AT with optional pack Petrol - are additional features as per optional pack better than having AWD? Please guide - the cart on the website is confused as well
Old 30th September 2021, 16:26   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post

I saw the AX7 AT L verison today and checked out this feature. So you either push the unlock button on the Keyfob and all handles on 4 doors pop out or otherwise with key in your pocket you press the driver door handle and then it pops out with all other door handles poping out as well.

Once you sit inside and start driving the handles close automatically "smart close".

There is no option where the handles pops out just by walking with a key in your pocket and being in proximity to the car.
sixthsense is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 16:27   #1226
BHPian

Got the Bangalore Pricing with insurance from one of the places

Mahindra XUV700 Review-whatsapp-image-20210930-15.38.50-1-2.jpeg
TSEA is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 16:37   #1227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
There is no option where the handles pops out just by walking with a key in your pocket and being in proximity to the car.
So by 'passive keyless entry' all they mean is that you can press the driver's door handle and all 4 handles will pop out else nothing will happen? That's not what I (and most people) was expecting
Old 30th September 2021, 17:12   #1228
AYP
Senior - BHPian

In the lower variants which do not come with 'smart close', will the door handles stay in the 'popped out' position throughout the entirety of the drive or have they given any manual button on the inside for folding these door handles back to their flush position?
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 17:14   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Got the Bangalore Pricing with insurance from one of the places

Attachment 2213576
Thanks for sharing.

What are these incidental charges?

And is cancellation charge normal in Bangalore? I assume the booking amount is fully refundable?
Old 30th September 2021, 17:32   #1230
BHPian

Excellent pricing by Mahindra.
Also very happy that ADAS is made standard in the AX7. These features can be life-saving on the highway. Hope the owners spend time understanding how these features work and more importantly scenarios where it does not work and the limitations. One should not confuse Adaptive cruise control with autonomous driving.
AX7 AT AWD L could be launched in the future. Most likely it was not launched to undercut the top-end safari which was 22.xx. The Gold version safari was launched only recently which crosses 23 lakhs and probably Mahindra did not expect a version like this.
Meph1st0 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks