Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2021, 08:28   #1441
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quick question.

1. Anyone seen the 5 seater varient? I would like to know how the boot looks like compared to 7 seater varient.

2. Also does the 5 seater comes with any kind of parcel tray?
Kashi053 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 08:40   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Did anyone get any information on the service intervals and the default warranty period? Additionally any information on the extended warranty and AMC options would be much appreciated
One of the dealers in Pune said that default warranty period is 3 years extendable by an year.
Dark water is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 08:51   #1443
BHPian

Seems like the option to register for test drive through the official website of Mahindra has been provided, good move, the waiting period for test drive was painful and the crowd management is a challenge due to Covid
https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700/test-drive
Dark water is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 09:56   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashi053 View Post
Quick question.

1. Anyone seen the 5 seater varient? I would like to know how the boot looks like compared to 7 seater varient.
One of my friend was there for the Aug14 event and had shared some pics. From the looks of it its the same size in Length and Width, but has a bit more depth. While pulling out heavy bags there are chances of scuffing the Tail lip.

QUOTE=Kashi053;5164319]Quick question.
2. Also does the 5 seater comes with any kind of parcel tray?[/quote]

No parcel tray, but an after market accessory of a collapsable parcel tray fitment is available. I had seen such parcel trays all over Europe which seems much more elegant and functional.
Monty1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 10:55   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashi053 View Post
Quick question.

2. Also does the 5 seater comes with any kind of parcel tray?
I don't believe anyone has seen the 5 Seater variants till now, and I'm not sure if they have even been produced at this point, since the initial lots all seem to be AX7.

Parcel tray is available as part of the accessories booklets provided but not provided standard.

Biggest issue with 5 Seater variants is even the highest AX5 make does not get basics like rear armrest and cupholders, climate control, push button start, body colour ORVM, and you can't even add anything from the luxury pack.

I would suggest waiting sometime for the above reasons till Mahindra adds more features or announces other options, unless you can do without those features.

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd October 2021 at 20:06. Reason: Typo
nasir88 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:19   #1446
BHPian

It's very unfortunate that for a 4wd we have to pay for sunroof. Same goes for AT as well.

When I bought my CR-V in US, I bought the second lowest variant that had both AT and 4wd.

AT and 4wd should not be seen as luxury.

I own a XUV 500 and happy with the car. I was hoping that in XUV 700 we would get a 4wd AT in lower variants.

It would have been great if at least there was option for custom ordering.. a diesel AX5 AT with AWD.

Same goes with Creta.. AT is available only from SX. Why can't we get an AT in S or E?

Last edited by sumannandy : 3rd October 2021 at 11:32.
sumannandy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:44   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Did anyone get any information on the service intervals and the default warranty period? Additionally any information on the extended warranty and AMC options would be much appreciated
The default service interval is 10k km/1yr with an oil change at 20k. Not the norm but that's what had been communicated.

I received a confirmation of 3+2 years as the warranty options.
normaltusker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:53   #1448
BHPian

So, I went to Mahindra NBS andheri showroom on 2nd October.
There was a mad rush, we were given a token number and asked to wait. There were about 25 people ahead of us.
We decided to go to Jeep showroom which is 2-3 buildings away from Mahindra showroom. Jeep relatively empty showroom with only 2 customers in total.
Checked out the Compass Limited AT and was surprised to see the improvement in quality from the previous gen Compass. Interior quality has improved so much. Almost entire top of the dash is made up of soft touch plastic. The infotainment screen was also sleek to use. We all loved it. But the price has gone up too. Limited AT costs 32.xx L in Mumbai and model S is 35.xx L. Cars prices have gone up so much in the last 2-3 years, I fail to understand.

So, from Jeep showroom we went back to Mahindra. They had 4 cars on display inside the showroom and 3 cars for TD. All the display cars were AX7 L in either diesel or petrol.
We checked out the white one. First thing that I checked was the plastic rear tailgate. My dad immediately said the colour will fade faster on the plastic compared to metal. I then decided to check the front and side profiles. Immediately I noticed that there is a slight variation in colour between front plastic bumper and metal wheel arches. The bumper looked pale compared to metal wheel arches, the difference is very negligible but it is something what I noticed.

Entire dashboard is made up to hard plastics apart from the white leather like pad which runs across the dashboard. Plastic quality is decent. The Mercedes like dual screen was a nice touch though.
The faux wood on the door panel was replaced with white softish material as mentioned by someone earlier.
Front seats are comfortable. Coming to rear seats, there was a problem with the rear seat which was not tumbling down to give access to third row of seats. It was pointed out to the executive and after several attempts he managed to rectify the problem. Third row space is limited and my head was touching the roof (I am 5'11"). Third row is best suited to kids and when not in use it can be folded down to open up huge cargo space.
I also found the sunroof button to be not working properly. It opened the sunroof ok but while closing I had to keep it pressed very hard for it to close the sunroof. The button clicked but I had to apply more force for the sunroof to retract back. Also I could hear the sunroof motor sound while opening and closing. The sunroof motor of Jeep compass was silent in comparison.

The sound quality of the Sony music system sounded good when I tuned to FM radio. I am sure it would sound awesome when you play music from your phone.

Out of 4 display cars, 2 were white, 1 in silver and 1 Electric blue. Test drive cars were either in Moonlight black or white. I did not take a test drive because there was a lot of traffic around at that time.
Overall, the car is good but did not find it special IMHO.
Will I book it? I am not sure, I will take a test drive and then decide.
sagpatel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 12:16   #1449
BHPian

The AX7 version that i checked out yesterday was replete with 8+1 speakers. Can anyone confirm that this is indeed the case with all AX7 versions or is it 6 speakers like they have in the brochure?
Old 3rd October 2021, 13:01   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark water View Post
Seems like the option to register for test drive through the official website of Mahindra has been provided, good move, the waiting period for test drive was painful and the crowd management is a challenge due to Covid
https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700/test-drive
Booked a test drive online. Yet to receive a confirmation call from the Local Dealer.
Old 3rd October 2021, 13:07   #1451

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
XUV7OO - YOUR DECISION TIME - GO, No GO and REASONS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Friends,

I am sure many of us are in dilemma on going ahead with XUV700. Like many of you its been a game of dilemma between mind and heart within me too.

I was waiting for the prices to be out for XUV700 and deep down was hoping to buy one of the advanced Tech vehicle that India has to offer today somewhere around 20-23L budget.

But after lot of thinking I began to put down the reasons why I should not get sucked into "emotional buying" of XUV700 and here is the list. Here is the bit of context. In all your cases, you will have one such vehicle and wanting to move to XUV700, but in Dilemma !

My NO-GO Decision and REASONS Behind it
--------------------------------------------------

1. That I own Ertiga 2012 ZDi model with 87K Kms on the odo, but its been trouble-free ownership with no niggles. Its been equipped with Japanese HU, Reverse Parking Camera, Auto-Window-Up on locking the vehicle among few other nifty add-ons.

2. Providers me with 20KMPL average on highway with easy cruising speeds of upto 120 effortlessly. (I wouldn't go beyond that)

3. That I would defenitely wait for another 2-3 years and ZERO-In-On a good efficient electric vehicle by 2025.

4. I wont need to let go Ertiga at 5 to 6L now and plonk 28 to 29L now on XUV700 + Diesel at Rs.100/L at an avg of 10KMPL (half of Ertiga Avg)

5. Instead keep away 20L that I had planned to spend in some MF/Equity and see it grow to reasonable 27 to 28L to then try and get Electrical Vehicle with proven range of 600Kms per charge.

6. Also, the XUV that started with 11.99L juice price juice is now stretching upto close to 28L on road in Bangalore. I am fully aware of the mandatory accessories that we will definitely end up putting will take the price of XUV700 to be in the range of 29L take-home price, which I think is not worth it.

While the list above is common, would like to hear from fellow BHPians whats running in their mind. Please chime in and lets see if you decision is GO or NO-GO.

This will make it an interesting to read the GO/No-GO and the reasons behind it.

Cheers
Mahi
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv700-blr-road-price.jpg  

MahiDesai is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 13:07   #1452
BHPian

Slightly off topic, but wanted to get opinions on the upcoming regulations for flex fuel engines (link below), and if this would be a big technological change one should wait for. My understanding is that currently the Mahindra mStallion petrol engines are only E10 compliant, and there are no E20 engines in India offered as of now

I am very apprehensive towards new regulations ever since suffering the 10 year diesel rule in NCR, which has decreased the life/resale value of our cars.

https://www.firstpost.com/tech/auto/...i-9994621.html
nasir88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 13:57   #1453
BHPian

A short drive impression of XUV 7OO Diesel MT AX7
ODO: 187 km. Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.

Screens and Controller: 8/10
The quality of the screens is just wow. It is miles ahead of Tata twins to say the least. Couldn't check out most of the functionality but the sharp display is what I am talking about.
The Controller knob, is placed well and should be the easiest way to control the screen while driving. Thank God, this knob is at least available unlike other cars. Using touch screens while driving is sometimes a tedious and disturbing affair, especially at low speed bad roads.

Suspension: 8/10
Brilliant, except for some big thuds that filtered inside the cabin (not a deal breaker at all). 90% of the ride was smooth over the full of 'Gaddhas' (potholes) Kanpur roads which is mighty impressive. Trust me, I drove the car at decent speeds about 30-50 kmph, over the worst of pot holes. Not deep ones where you have to slow down but those which are ever present in UP in almost all cities or outskirts. No side to side movement. No unnerving up and down movement. Dare I say, a softly sprung BMW!

Engine and NVH: 9/10
This is where I feel Mahindra has been doing an improvement in every new iteration of their cars. Diesel clatter is superbly controlled. Drove in Zoom mode.
It is just awesome how it never felt too loud or overwhelming under hard acceleration.
Gearbox and clutch seemed par for the course. Smooth shifting and relatively light clutch.

Feel: 9/10
The overall feel is of driving a European car. Unless a lot changes between now, and the next comprehensive test drive, I feel this car is mighty impressive. 95% niggles should only come out from the screens and some new technologies which can be fixed via software updates. But otherwise I am pretty sure all the mechanicals should be more or less sorted. Even so, one can trust Mahindra to be ready for such eventualities.
I believe this car is a milestone for Mahindra and the Indian Auto Industry.

Small points:
Rear windows roll all the way down.
Door handles don't feel flimsy.
Bonnet is properly visible while driving.

Last edited by fazalmirza : 3rd October 2021 at 14:20. Reason: Grammar
fazalmirza is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 15:34   #1454
BHPian

Can some one please tell me what is this adrenox subscription? It is said in the brochure that it's free for the first two years. How much is to be paid later and what features would i lose is subscription is not paid? Could not find this any where in this forum.
pandabear is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 16:05   #1455
BHPian

Had some freak occurrences today while test driving the manual diesel (they didn't have the auto for TD)
So basically at 3 separate instances at a speed of around 10kmph in 2nd gear the engine completely shut. Very similar to the feeling of what happens when auto start/stop system activates. So it shut and would switch on only by pressing the main on button.
Possibly a freak incident related to the car I was driving but nevertheless worrying. I went again with the manager to replicate the issue but wasn't able to and plus I didn't have so much time to do the testing for them.
Apart from that, the diesel engine is extremely refined, clutch was light, and low to mid end performance of the engine was quite strong. Was able to spin the front wheels easily on hard acceleration. In zoom mode the engine is especially eager in the manual. Steering felt a bit too light but generally the car felt sorted atleast in <90kmph conditions.
The infotainment is all fancy but I found it be laggy with some glitches here and there.
Quality of materials generally is above average and soft touch material has been put in lot of places.
The Ax7 manual diesel I drove had blind spot monitoring and there is some confusion amongst the mahindra guys if that's part of L or just part of Ax7.
From my perspective I was looking for the top end (with L) with AWD which again doesn't seem to be happening as per the Mahindra rep who was there. Secondly, the 4.7m length is a bit too much and the looks err on the side of a MUV. Though while driving felt quite compact and easily maneuverable.
So all in all, without even test driving the auto diesel I am going to be passing on the 700 for now because (i) too big for me plus 7 seats are not my requirement (ii) from my experience of that start stop issue I would need niggles to be sorted out (iii) no AWD option on the L
Ideally even at that size, a 5 seater Ax7L AWD diesel would be something I could buy but that doesn't exist.
superutp is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks